Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 05:51 PM   #501
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Great post, BB! I think those are some clear and reasonable rules.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-14-2005 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:01 PM   #502
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

BIG NAZGUL MOOTHUG 4 BUTTERBEER! moothug & a valium...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-14-2005 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:29 PM   #503
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

"Ooooohhh, this doesn't sound like mindless, boring, getting-to-know-you chit-chat. This sounds like you actually have something to say."

..you are not kidding!

well, i have and have ...

...and don't go public! lets keep in private

*goes bold as brass off to edit his earlier post a bit, just for good measure ... *
Old 09-14-2005, 06:31 PM   #504
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

If you want some public kisses from your wraith-sisters, you have but to ask!

Last edited by Gordis : 09-14-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:53 PM   #505
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Gordie, thank you for editing the last line of your great post.
I did what you asked also.
Congratulations on the 500 post!!!
Re:your title
Perhaps Lady of the Nazgul?

BB, I agree with everything in your letter. That's why there was no need to comment. Here, when someone disagrees, you hear of it pretty soon, but when all agree...

All posts great today! Where is rpg-Earniel, Viv, Ray and Marty? It's your turn! Gordis wanted everyone write his own interview, but in case of Lilly I preferred for Gor to do this. But now you all know what the Chancellor looks and acts like.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:59 PM   #506
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Yes, CS is right, please post your own interviews with the Chancellor!
And GW-Penny, it applies to you too. Greet your Captain.

And Rian and Annawen can have a nice chat in the Kitchen of the Haunted house. But beware of Lord Galadannun upstairs!

Cs: thank you!
Old 09-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #507
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I'm waiting to hear back from Gordis about whether or not I'm supposed to do Viv's interview...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-14-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:18 PM   #508
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Calling All Nazgul : rpg thread
Calling All Nazgul : discussion thread
Calling All Nazgul : formal info thread
One thing we were planning to do on Atharon, in the discussion thread, is reserve one or two posts near the top of the thread. In those posts we would tell in very general terms what had happened in the RPG so far. That would save new players from being forced to read the whole RPG.

Because our RPGs are quite linked in Atharon, having this general write-up also probably (once implemented) will make it much easier for new players to join in. We may have two RPGs already done, in which we've built up the characters a great deal, but the newbie doesn't have to read these because he can get the general picture from the easily available character posts and the general write-up of the RPG.

You guys might want to consider using some of these ideas we had. I'm just throwing them out here.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 09-15-2005, 12:26 AM   #509
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
just read some new posts above mine ....

Shah and i can walk the beat once a week to post an editable inclusion to the third way..

easy ... we walk the beat to keep it alive ... when people post anything needed and valid to a CONCISE quick-look view of the rpg ... we copy and paste it to and edit at the top of the thread over one of our "walks past whistling" posts and then whoever edits their post later down to
"sees Shah and BB at the pub again ..." etc.

no problem.

if it don't work, ditch it! could be worth trying though.

Anduril, welcome! If you want to keep it pg 13...do NOT get a job up at the haunted House!

Sure you will enjoy it! ... i'm thinking the Brotherhood of butterflies could do with a human agent ...? Plus you can add to the public characters too.

and of course develop your own.

best BB
Sounds good to me, I have been under the weather for a while, so forgive my absence, I will probably be in and out for about another week. But ButterBeer, You are On the Force! I know this lovely pastry shop down the river side...great pasties!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:53 AM   #510
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
One thing we were planning to do on Atharon, in the discussion thread, is reserve one or two posts near the top of the thread.
That's what I did in the Entmoot Picture Links thread. Some of the main players here might want to put in placeholder posts in the formal info thread now. And no chat there, please, right? Chat in the discussion thread

You guys with bios already made, do you want to move them over there?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-15-2005, 03:55 AM   #511
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I don't think that once we have agreed that we have to put the INFO, Rules of conduct, Requirements for new players, nazgul AU concept all together, it is that much important where.
I think that, as the third thread is already open, we better put it there. I think we can trust BB and Shah to keep the info thread in order and up the list. If it sinks, or becomes crowded by mindless chat, we can always copy the info in the first post of the main or the discussion thread.
Right?

Now, please, don't neglect our story. Please, write your interviews with the Lord of the Nine aka the Chancellor yourselves.

Just some hints to all:

Please don't make your characters feel "unease" or sense evil outright. Even Lilly could successfully pass as a normal mortal. The Chancellor is a great sorcerer, he can counter the "nazgul presence unease" in others better than anybody else. Maybe only an Elf can feel something unnatural, and just only slightly. And the Chancellor percieves all your thoughts, at least those on the surface. He knew exactly WHY Annawen was so keen on "Commerce"!

Earniel, the Chancellor surely knows who you are. Make him invite you to the Sunday party. He must be most polite to you.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:54 AM   #512
CrazySquirrel

Fine with me, either the new thread or the first post.
Great rules, BB!
But i propose to wait posting in the new thread everyone's info. Let Val make the summary of the story first. Even the mods can't change the order of posts! We must make it easy to read.

I suggest that order: summary - Val,Timeline, quotes?? if necessary? Rules -BB, Nazguls AU info and hints - Gor then comes the list of characters with info, or links to info AND PICTURE GALLERY!!! I love the picture Gallery, good idea BB!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 06:59 AM   #513
CrazySquirrel

AHH, now I understand.Good idea.
Nobody posts in the third thread but Shah and BB. Anyone else posts in the Discussion thread for them to choose bits to put into the Info thread. Right?
Old 09-15-2005, 07:09 AM   #514
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

evenin' all'

your right Crazy squirrel.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:51 AM   #515
CrazySquirrel

LILLY- Lilaenwen played by CrazySquirrel
Nazgul #6

Tall, buxom, sexy, thin waist. Green eyes, red hair. Not too bright, but knows her advantages and uses them perfectly. Hates Elves (well, all nazgul do, but Lilly surpasses them here).

Real story: Born in Numenorean colony of Umbar around SA 1800. Daughter of a Numenorean soldier, Aldacar, and an Easterling mother, Lilly was not of the high nobility, but very beautiful and sexy. A young and noble Governor of Umbar fell in love with her, and considered marriage. When a disguised messenger of Sauron had given him one of the 9 rings, without really explaining its worth and powers, the besotted Governor right away presented it to Lilly as the bethrodal ring. Lilly naturally accepted and slowly became a wraith under Sau's dominion - nazgul No 6. Sauron was not too happy to see her, instead of the planned Governor of Umbar, but what could he do, but accept Lilly? She used to be Captain of the Six Level of Barad Dur throughout the end of the second Age and commanded hundreds of orcs. Learned artistic swearing in Black Speech. Freed from Sau's sway by the destruction of the Ring, Lilly turned invisible and ran away East, to Rhun, together with her best friend Buzukkumarz, Number Five.
Feeling a strange silent Wraith-call coming from the North-West, Lilly and Five came to Tharbad. Learning that king Valandil probably got the Ruling Ring, as a legacy from his father Isildur, Lilly decided to marry him at all costs.

In Tharbad Lilly told the following FAKE story:

Lilly gave her real name, as she was not that important for people to remember her from the Second age.

The FAKE story used in Arnor
Lilly is thirty-one, born in Rhun. She had a Duneadain Dad and an Easterling mom. Her father ( Aldacar) was born in Numenor, of course one of the Faithful . C He came to ME before the Downfall, dwelt for some time in Pelargir. During the Last Alliance, he fought at Dagorlad among Isildur´s troops, but got seriously wounded and had to retire. He went to settle in the East, near the Sea of Rhun and river Karnen and, having lost his wife and two sons in the Last Alliance war, he married again, taking a young Easterling woman. And had Lilly and two older sons: the eldest, Galadannun (really Khamul #2), and Pengolod or Penny (who is none other than her old buddy Five). Lilly came to Tharbad to "continue her education at the Tharbad University". Here brothers came with her. Lilly bought a handsome house at Orrodel and settled there with Galadannun, Pengolod and a cousin from Gondor - niece of her father - called Viniglaen (who is also a nazgul, number 9). Lilly hired a housekeeper - Rian (who for once is not a nazgul, but a half-Elf, though Lilly thinks she is a 100% Elf). Lilly will study Wine-Tasting and Commerce at the Uni.

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-15-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:55 AM   #516
CrazySquirrel

Please, BB, put this summarized Lilly's bio into the INFO thread!
Thanks,
CS
Old 09-15-2005, 07:55 AM   #517
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
Please don't make your characters feel "unease" or sense evil outright. Even Lilly could successfully pass as a normal mortal. The Chancellor is a great sorcerer, he can counter the "nazgul presence unease" in others better than anybody else. Maybe only an Elf can feel something unnatural, and just only slightly. And the Chancellor percieves all your thoughts, at least those on the surface. He knew exactly WHY Annawen was so keen on "Commerce"!
What about a Dunedain King... grandson of Elendil himself? Would HE be able to sense something? At least perhaps if he's tipped off that something isn't right and 'tries' to sense something?

After all... I think Aragorn may have been able to sense something - diluted by all those 38 generations down the line...

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 09-15-2005, 08:00 AM   #518
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

CS: will do, but want to get a few more together first rather than have to do em' one by one .... we are the watch y'know .. and there's important demands on our time ... still haven't had the pasty or pint yet!

that ok? ... do em' in groups rather than one by one?

EDIT: regarding Val's point above i am sure some will feel something .... maybe theywill not be sure exactly what .. but i think Gor was saying don't over-do it ...

course Boomerang will know, but then why has the Witch King (by the way he s not the witch king at this point is he .. at least not of Angmar where i believe the name comes from) ... but why has he been here three years ... only the mysterious boomerang knows! .. plus possibly Gordis

also i agree he can sense thoughts .. but not all and maybe not from everyone ... Valandil for one will be able to shield his thoughts, should he need or care to.

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-15-2005 at 08:07 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:54 AM   #519
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
What about a Dunedain King... grandson of Elendil himself? Would HE be able to sense something? At least perhaps if he's tipped off that something isn't right and 'tries' to sense something?
I meant my instructions above for the students of Saturday meeting. Ray and Marty and Annawen will surely feel nothing intoward, instead the Chancellor will read their thoughts like in an open book. Earniel will feel something unusual, I think. But then again she is not so used to mortals. It's up to her.

As for Val, he is surely not an ordinary Man. The King is supposed to see the hearts of men. Moreover, Valandil's dad, Isildur, was a powerful sorcerer, whether Val wishes to admit it or not . Ask the men of Dunharrow.

But as BB said, please, don't overdo it, Val! Feel that something is not exactly right, try to learn more, try to extend your thoughts to the Chancellor, and find a solid wall there, which is also quite unusual in itself. You may also feel how HE tries to penetrate YOUR thoughts. You will be not too surprised, as he is of the royal line, same as you, and is supposed to have such abilities. But I believe you will not like it. And you will be deliberately shielding your thoughts when with him.

Val and the Chancellor will be playing the game of thought-shielding against each other. I think, minds shielding or not, some strong emothions might leak through on both sides.
Do you agree, Val?

Quote:
that ok? ... do em' in groups rather than one by one?
Sure, it's up to you. I will post mine, when Gor-aiwendis appears in the game.

Quote:
EDIT: regarding Val's point above i am sure some will feel something .... maybe theywill not be sure exactly what .. but i think Gor was saying don't over-do it ...
Exactly, BB! Thank you, you put it 100% right.

Quote:
course Boomerang will know, but then why has the Witch King (by the way he s not the witch king at this point is he .. at least not of Angmar where i believe the name comes from) ... but why has he been here three years ... only the mysterious boomerang knows! .. plus possibly Gordis
Yes he is NOT the Witch-King yet, as it is 1300 yars before Angmar Kingdom.
So, please, NO CALLING HIM "Wikkie" anymore. Morgul Lord may be fine, as perhaps that was the name used on the Dark side, before that he renamed Minas Ithil. And "Ciryatan" if we are true to Olmer.

Quote:
also i agree he can sense thoughts .. but not all and maybe not from everyone ... Valandil for one will be able to shield his thoughts, should he need or care to.
Those on the surface, not shielded, - from everyone. Some shielded ones - from ordinary mortals. But to read well shielded thoughts, especially from nobles from the Line of Elros, the Nazgul Lord has to use advanced sorcery, probably potions, complicated spells and an open confrontation of wills, and that is a long and severe mental and physical torture, leaving the opponent mad or dead. It couldn't pass unnoticed.

That's how I think it is.
Your thoughts?

Last edited by Gordis : 09-15-2005 at 08:56 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:57 AM   #520
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I added Irrigation on a whim as one of the courses Eärniel wishes to follow. I have no idea what other courses the other players all follow and just which would be interesting to an age-old Elf. *shrugs* So if anyone else has a better suggestion...