Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 05:58 AM   #481
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Happy, because I'm starting to rebuild my life after three years of an unhealthy relationship, and the future looks bright.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:52 AM   #482
Mari
Elf Lady

Optimism, bright futures, a new start. Sounds like you're going strong. Go for it!

I love this thread. <3

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 10-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #483
katya
Elven Maiden

Andúril! I'm glad to hear that. It can be hard to give things up sometimes, but if the relationship was so unhealthy, it's awesome that's you're able to move past it.
Old 10-04-2009, 08:31 PM   #484
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Another -awesome- performance today . Great fun!

I have also discovered the magic of earplugs and a sleeping mask at night. IT'S AWESOME.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #485
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

My friend got me a birthday gift, which I was not expecting at all... and he actually got me -TWO- comic book compilations! O_o AWESOMENESS!!!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #486
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
My friend got me a birthday gift, which I was not expecting at all... and he actually got me -TWO- comic book compilations! O_o AWESOMENESS!!!
A wild guess, the Green Lantern?

I'm happy that after many years, I finally got my old scanner to work properly with my computer. Not that I have anything to scan
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #487
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
A wild guess, the Green Lantern?

I'm happy that after many years, I finally got my old scanner to work properly with my computer. Not that I have anything to scan
Haha, good guess but not quite right . He got me a really great graphic novel called Amulet, and then a compilation of the Final Crises comics.

We had an AWESOME show tonight! Best so far, and just one more to go tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #488
Amanda
Enting

Location: Where the only known occupation is constant laughter
Happy happy happy!

Joy Joy Joy!

Happy Happy Happy!!!

Joy Joy Joy!!!!!

Yay, I have 21 posts now. Only a small amount (what? 79 posts) before I get to 100! I haven't got long to go at all at the super-fantastical rate that I'm traveling now!

Vacation was awesome! That's happy!

Soon being able to have a complete degree that I'm satisfied with! That's happy!

Getting married about a year from now! That's good enough to be worth waiting a year for. So that's really happy!

Having 21 posts now. That's sort of happy, though I have to admit not AS happy as the other ones. But still happy and positive enjoyable!
Yes yes, so what to write here! Well nobody looks at these things, and it's very unlikely that I'll produce anything that original. So I may as well write something either way since it doesn't matter!

La la, lalalalala! La la laaaaaaaa, lalalalalalaaaaaa!
Old 10-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #489
Amael
Elven Warrior

Glad you liked what we all had in mind for a vacation. I liked it too. It's just a bonus that you were happy with it too!

We need to get this topic moving, to pass up the temporary venting thread. So far it's behind the venting thread series by about 1500 posts. But at least a strong proportion of the posts here are about happy things, showing that there's a brighter side to everything. It's just harder to see at times.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:06 PM   #490
Mari
Elf Lady

As a birthday present I received a watch which belonged to my great-grandmother and today we bought a chain for it. Now I can wear it and it keeps tictac-ing!

Old 10-19-2009, 01:27 PM   #491
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I had a very constructive weekend! Cleaned house, dealt with lingering emails that needed replies, met with a friend, readied and delivered a bag of clothing to oxfam, sorted and took away batteries to be recycled, had dinner with full family, did some editing for some of my short-stories, oh and nearly killed granddad by surprising him with a new TV we had all pitched in for for his 80th birthday... We didn't reckon he'd be that surprised. Still, nothing a glass of cognac couldn't solve and he was very happy. (That's what counts...)
Old 10-21-2009, 07:56 PM   #492
katya
Elven Maiden

Have I mentioned that I love my job? I never thought I would ever hear myself say those words, and every time I think about it I feel really lucky. I am stuck at the high school all week though. I miss the middle school. :[

Also, I've just been doing well otherwise too. I have been running almost every morning, doing a lot of yoga, other things like that, not drinking or smoking, on a good sleep schedule. It makes me feel good, physically. That helps a lot. I feel pretty relaxed all around. Most of the time. I mean, there's still tons of stressful things now. But I have mostly nice days.

I love work and schools and kids and writing and music and good health and my loved ones and mornings when I'm up before the sun and not in zombie-mode because I'm used to it.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #493
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Katya, that sounds lovely.
Keep sticking to your sleeping schedule, yoga, good habits and whatnot
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #494
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

That's awesome, Katya. Work is going really well for me too at the moment. One of the kids in particular that I do a lot of in-class support with is making real progress with writing (and his ability to concentrate) and I'm just delighted.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #495
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh? What do you do to work on his ability to concentrate? Any particular exercises?

Old 10-22-2009, 05:47 PM   #496
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

If i remember correctly, aren't a few members here substitute teachers? I've recently been offered the chance to apply for such a job. Is there anything you can tell me about the work, for good or ill? (Feel free to PM if that works better.)
" ...But the Exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."

"Ye who believe in affection that hopes, and endures, and is patient,
Ye who believe in the beauty and strength of woman's devotion,
List to the mournful tradition still sung by the pines of the forest ... "

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Evangeline

Old 10-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #497
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm very proud of myself for continuing to exercise. It's just walking and whatnot, but I can tell that I'm in much better physical shape than I was at the beginning of the semester because I can walk around campus without getting winded or out of breath like I used to.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:58 PM   #498
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

I'm in worse shape than I was about a month ago, not due to not exercising though. I have started to get better though. I had a couple of procedures involving my stomach and am in the process of being treated for it ,but the pain medications make me feel blah half the time. I haven't been to work since September 18....on a lengthy leave of absence and from what I hear day to day, putting someone else in my spot during that time has not worked out so well...can't wait to get back to the same old routine.

But things are looking bright. These problems will be dealt with, and I'll heal.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:03 AM   #499
Mari
Elf Lady

Good! Nice going Tessar! ^_^
Ingwe, keep at it

Voronwen, I can't really help you, but teaching rulez

Old 10-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #500
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Oh? What do you do to work on his ability to concentrate? Any particular exercises?
Nothing in particular, I'm afraid. While I'm sure some individual sessions would be beneficial to him, at the moment I'm just meant to give him extra support with whole-class activities. He has a sticker chart showing how often he's been able to stay on-task and complete activities, and I give lots of praise when he manages to work independently for a little while. (When I started this, he'd start scribbling or drawing pictures the moment that I left him, now he actually asks me to look away so I can see how much he can get done without help.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voronwen View Post
If i remember correctly, aren't a few members here substitute teachers? I've recently been offered the chance to apply for such a job. Is there anything you can tell me about the work, for good or ill? (Feel free to PM if that works better.)
I'm not a substitute teacher, but I know a few, and I've worked with them - it's definitely interesting, varied work, and if the idea of seeing how different schools operate appeals to you, you should like it. Some lesson plans that teacers leave can be rather vague, so you'll probably find yourself needing to use your initiative and/or imagination a lot! Oh, and if you're considering secondary/high school level, it's a lot easier if you're an assertive person (or can come across that way. ) That's in the UK, though, so if you're elsewhere, it might be totally different

Closed Thread