Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 02:27 AM   #481
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

On second thought - Udu, how should I describe him? That would be easiest - you just tell me!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:03 PM   #482
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
On second thought - Udu, how should I describe him? That would be easiest - you just tell me!
Rian, here is Sapthan's description: tall, gray eyes, black hair and beard with tinges of gray in the beard, cold personality that can get enthusiastic about only two things - old books, especially those with arcane knowledge, and his worship of Melkor. Dark character. No inate magic abilities but he is constantly striving to find "hidden secrets," and maybe a "live forever one."

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 01-31-2006 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:27 PM   #483
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Serenoli, now Jas has a visitor! Please, continue!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:23 PM   #484
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Udu - thx for the description - I fixed the post Please continue!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 01-31-2006, 09:45 PM   #485
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Udu - thx for the description - I fixed the post Please continue!
Rian, it might be a couple days. I am pretty tied up.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:52 AM   #486
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Val, is it the only answer you can give to so many posts adressed to you?

We were waiting for a long time for you to reappear, and have almost quarreled between us, just because you kept your silence.

What do you think of Earniel's and Rian's suggestions?

What exactly did you want to propose? Please, could you tell us clearly?

Discussing generalities is always unproductive and leads to hurt feelings. Perhaps we were quarrelling for nothing?
Well... I thought about a lot of different things I could have said, but ultimately decided that keeping it short was the best way to avoid any fighting.

As for the rest of you quarreling... well shame on you all!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 02-01-2006, 12:27 PM   #487
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

What? How about shame on you, oh high king. Shame on us for quarreling? Where do you get off? yourself.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 02-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #488
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Gordis, thanx for the visitor. I liked esp. this bit of you post:

Quote:
"...I had to chancel today's Wine-tasting class..."
First time, the Chancellor actually did his job and chancelled something!!

Have continued as you wished... hope it restores some of the good humour that seems missing here. I'm risking Jas' neck, and am shuddering at what might happen to him... but also enjoying it. He has really turned out such a hero... fighting the chief of the FOEADS! Don't kill him, Gordis!!!

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 02-01-2006, 02:32 PM   #489
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Gordis, thanx for the visitor. I liked esp. this bit of you post:
First time, the Chancellor actually did his job and chancelled something!! :
So you caught this also? Now we know why the head of the Uni is called the Chancellor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenoli
Have continued as you wished... hope it restores some of the good humour that seems missing here. I'm risking Jas' neck, and am shuddering at what might happen to him... but also enjoying it. He has really turned out such a hero... fighting the chief of the FOEADS! Don't kill him, Gordis!!!
No, no, I won't! Have no fear, o bravest of the braves!
I don't know what to do, but I shall think on it.
Always a pleasure to write with you, Serenoli! Excellent humorous post.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #490
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Well... I thought about a lot of different things I could have said, but ultimately decided that keeping it short was the best way to avoid any fighting.
I am not sure it will prevent any fighting, but I am sure it will stop all the progress.
Old 02-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #491
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Shiny posts everyone, things seem to picking up again nicely.

Grey Wolf, your beasties are making me want to write a random horror film/vampire slayery interlude. Are they just going to keep sneaking around and eating people till our characters either notice or find themselves in a dead city?
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 02-01-2006, 03:43 PM   #492
Rían

Really funny post, Serenoli! I loved it!

Quote:
I am not sure it will prevent any fighting, but I am sure it will stop all the progress.
Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought he said to just go ahead with it (he said, "Well - I seem to be out of sync here, and could probably use a more protracted break, so why don't the rest of you just do as you want.")

Is that what you meant, Val? Because when you're ready to write, you could always describe how good defenses/intelligence forces were in place but overcome by bad luck (which happens to us all) or the ML's planning (which you wouldn't have planned for, not knowing he's even around).

Old 02-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #493
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gordis & Serenoli - I'm loving the ML and Jas encounter. Serenoli, what a hilarious post!! That was really good! You had me laughing out loud; you write SO well! Great reading.

Old 02-01-2006, 05:38 PM   #494
Rían

I wrote a quick post getting Tyaron awake so Rian could leave him for a bit. I put in some references to Scarlett in "Gone with the Wind" and to Ents ... I love putting in little literary references So the scene is all set for you, Udu, whenever you get un-tied-up - hope it's soon!

(ps - Rian saved some of her brother's books from Gondolin, including an interesting one on warfare that Sapthan might be interested in ... )

Last edited by Rían : 02-01-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:53 PM   #495
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
Shiny posts everyone, things seem to picking up again nicely.

Grey Wolf, your beasties are making me want to write a random horror film/vampire slayery interlude. Are they just going to keep sneaking around and eating people till our characters either notice or find themselves in a dead city?
Yes. We must invent some vampire-hunters (the Kravens might be a good name for them) which can give the Shree-Kryhnn a run for their money, and, of course, the authorities will soon have to do something about it, too, so that the vampires won't have it all their way and think that they can just run about killing innocent Tharbadians.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #496
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Yes. We must invent some vampire-hunters (the Kravens might be a good name for them) which can give the Shree-Kryhnn a run for their money, and, of course, the authorities will soon have to do something about it, too, so that the vampires won't have it all their way and think that they can just run about killing innocent Tharbadians.
I guess, it is FOGAL's business to fight this plague. We FOEAD'S are just ordinary innocent citizens, we have no idea about magick!
Old 02-02-2006, 12:13 AM   #497
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

People liked my post!! : performs victory lap around room:

I confess Lotesse isn't the only one who laughed out loud, so did I, while writing. I don't know about you guys, but when I write something good, and you all tell me so, it gives me a smile that lasts all day!

BTW, Rian, good post, but I missed both your references... Mind telling me? I actually read it thrice, but didn't catch it! Am going over to read it again now, actually.

And Grey Wolf, true, something has to be done. The Shree-Krhynn are actually scaring me more than the incoming assault force of pirates. Would you like to have a fight with ol' Bumble? He's bored, and though old, looking for a fight...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here

Last edited by Serenoli : 02-02-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:22 AM   #498
Rían

The Scarlett O'Hara ref was "I'll think about it later" (which she said a lot in the latter half of the movie when she was doing something questionable), and the Ent reference was not being too "hasty"

Yes, it's really a treat to hear that other people like your post - I agree with you! And yours was one of my all-time favorites - really funny and imaginative!

Grey-Wolf : maybe you can invent a character to fight your baddies? I can't handle another character, I already have three!

Old 02-02-2006, 12:29 AM   #499
Rían

VERY interesting developments with Mahta, Maggie!! Keep it comin'!

Old 02-02-2006, 12:40 AM   #500
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yes, Lady M, indeed! I liked the way you put it - "But grief and madness followed just about everything in her experience. It wasn’t as if she was going to get any madder or more grieved than she had before. "

That was the bomb. This thing between Captain Shah and Mahtaliel gets more and more compelling, I'm really getting drawn in.

Closed Thread