Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:14 PM   #481
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
Hehe, do it! And then bring the cookies to class and share.
i was thinking of that and i did take the baby back but i found out its a year or two old so i put it back lol

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Old 12-10-2005, 11:33 PM   #482
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

VENT - when troublemakers who usually are at the source of the trouble complain about trouble ...

Ah, life! Ah, people!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-10-2005, 11:39 PM   #483
durinsbane2244
Dreamweaver

older sister...say n'more...
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems.
----------------
Shanti, shanti, shantih...
Old 12-10-2005, 11:45 PM   #484
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

ah, siblings!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-11-2005, 03:12 AM   #485
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

****. Just saw an old woman die today, few hours ago actually. At a really bad place too, it was at a really happy time, and she was watching her grandchild graduate from college, adn it was her little comencment (sp?) thing. Poor woman, didnt even live long enough to see her grandchild get to the podium, her last question was "where is she?"

Despite all my training, i couldnt help her. and what kills me is that no one cared, her family acted like it was no big deal until she was dead. I immediatly noticed the woman was having a stroke and offered my help, begged them to at least use my phone to call 911. They said they had it under control, "it was just a little stroke" ****ing herll, there is no little stroke, you nitwits! just look at the woman! it was HUGE stroke. I called anyways, then two minutes later they called.

they said that they had it under control, they ****ing sat in the stands with all the noise of bagpipers, cheering and la de da, and just god damn waited there. then two minutes later they called the ambulance on a different persons phone, and i got them to start asking the woman questions. in the mean time, both she and i were putting up valient but failing efforts to keep her with us. her lst words were "where was she" and that was in regards to her grandchild in line for her degree.

THen she lost all physical control and collapsed. That was what got her two children, i think it was her son actually and his wife, to be a little more responsive, i got them to move her out of the stadium and waited for the ambulence that was taking its sweet time in comming.

I asked the parents where their daughter was sitting, and she was fetched by her father to come out to see to her grandmother. By the looks of it, she was the only one to really be affected. Grandmother was already dead by the time she got there. Never even got to see her granddaughters graduation, and the grand daughter was bawling.

The abulence showed up, gave her the cursory look over then loaded the body aboard and cleaned up the mess after. The parents seemed stunned, the man was visibly in shock, i had him sit down and same with the girl. She didnt look that much older than me. I went and got one of the masters of ceremony and brought him to the grandchild who was supposed to get her degree on the stage, and she had composed herself enough to say she wasnt going up and that if there was a way to get it after.

I am shocked and appalled at the attitudes i saw, the total apathy and lack of respect shown for this poor old woman and just the general lack of repsect for the elderly. I am rather stung too, because the parents looked at me with this...i dont recal the word now, i think well it was like they looked at me as though i was a roach offering assitance.

I felt so wronged. and ashamed. I feel like i failed, rally, to save this woman's life, if i had immediately called an ambulence the moment i knew what was up, rather than consulting her family first, i might have been able to get the ambulence sooner. I dont know, right now i feel like a sack of so much ****. These are the kinda days that make me wish i had never woken up.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:24 AM   #486
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

People are so ignorant! This is a class .7 Civilization we live in here. Learn something, for heaven's sake! I bet you that half of the people I know would act exactly the same as the family you mentioned, sad but true. (Please note that I said "I know" and not "I like" or "I'm friends with...")
I just don't get how people could be so stupid, though. It fails my understanding, as open minded as I am. What BS, saying it's a small stroke. Any medical problem that is akin to something more severe is severe! I almost watched my Mom die just this last summer, but hadn't it been for a mysterious unknown, unidentified nurse promptly sounding the alarm, they would never had known she had stopped breathing at the end of that first week. Yeah, anything that looks like a minor case of Bacterial Pneumonia IS STILL Bacterial Pneumonia, and should be treated as such.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:21 AM   #487
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

Sorry you had to see that happen, Shah. That kind of thing puts you into emotional shock, doesn't it? Hope you feel better soon! Don't believe it was your fault in any way; we never know when we or anyone around us might die.

Segovia Mazes
Old 12-11-2005, 12:21 PM   #488
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon on the Mount.... The world has achieved brilliance without wisdom, power without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants.
--Omar Bradley
Old 12-11-2005, 01:35 PM   #489
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

[Redneck voice]Yiiip![/voice]
Old 12-11-2005, 08:05 PM   #490
Rían

Oh Shah ... I'm so sorry, that must have been horrible. You did everything right - don't let their crummy attitudes get you down! You went beyond what most people would have done, and I'm proud of you. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, but that shows that you have a heart, at least, unlike some of the others there. *Moothugs*

Old 12-12-2005, 07:23 PM   #491
Elanor
Hobbit in the Music

I'm sad because my brother just broke up with his girlfriend, who is a friend of mine. They're both great and really good for each other, but they say their personalities are too different. I understand this, but if I had as good a relationship as theirs was, I wouldn't give it up so easily.

Segovia Mazes
Old 12-12-2005, 07:26 PM   #492
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I could swear I wrote something in this thread yesterday. Did someone delete my post? May I just ask politely here, to all mods & admins, if you must delete a post of mine, out of courtesy to me can you at least let me know in a PM or something, explaining to me why and whatnot? Just arbitrarily deleting other people's posts without any kind of explanation or notification at all seems terrifically rude to me.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-12-2005, 07:41 PM   #493
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm very sorry Lotesse--yes I did delete a post of yours for language, and because I had a complaint about it. I was in a major rush at the moment so I didn't bother to PM you right away. I do generally try to do that, as you know, but it slipped my mind when I got back on the next morning .
Old 12-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #494
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

O.K., just as long as I get some sort of private answer or admonishment or whatever. I WAS a bit angry, that story made me sad & angry that people could be so awful about their grandma dying like that and no one doing anything about it except for Shah, who was only trying to save her life...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 12-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #495
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

No worries Lotesse, I read it before it got deleted. I'm just glad ym post didnt get deleted...sheesh..:rollseyes: I still am angry adn sad over it...never mind, not even going there.

Thanks Rian, Spock, Lotesse all you guys.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #496
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I know--it's sad how horrible people can be some times, and then they don't even realize it because they're either too stupid, or too mean to understand .
Old 12-12-2005, 07:53 PM   #497
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The last sane person
I'm just glad ym post didnt get deleted...sheesh..:rollseyes:
I try to be lenient where swearing is concerned, and I didn't get any complaints about your post, which is why I didn't delete/edit it.

I'm also very sorry about what happened, and I hope you feel better soon. *moot hugs*
Old 12-12-2005, 07:55 PM   #498
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

well thats good, if it had been deleted fromt he moot, i would have been very angry and hurt some more and probably leave. I've had that happen before.

Thanks for the moothugs.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:27 PM   #499
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

i'm crazy.. lost self control.

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 12-13-2005, 02:32 AM   #500
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I could swear I wrote something in this thread yesterday. Did someone delete my post? May I just ask politely here, to all mods & admins, if you must delete a post of mine, out of courtesy to me can you at least let me know in a PM or something, explaining to me why and whatnot? Just arbitrarily deleting other people's posts without any kind of explanation or notification at all seems terrifically rude to me.
I'd like to second this. It is frustrating when posts are deleted, and nobody even bothers to tell you about it, or even why it was deleted. What happened to just editing out the offending dialogue?