Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 03:15 PM   #481
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I'm very curious - just how long is this special dinner going to last? I have computer access, finally, at the hotel where I am going to be staying for the next week, but at this point, I feel really alienated anyway, as far as the RPG goes. I would so much like to be able to interact with all of you, and be a part of the story, but the story is obviously quite clearly divided now, between "all the King's men & 'important' people," and then there's Ray, pen, Lilly and Viv, who are left outside of the action, so to speak. Why can't we all RPG together? The reception evening ghas lasted - what, two weeks or so now? When will our RPG be opened up, where we can play together instead of having to be segregated like this? I mean, having been going through this move of mine over the last 6 days has coincided with my characters' being excluded from the "action," (and Raendil, too ) but at this point, I've found a computer and a way to be able to play regularly too, but feel as if NOW it will be yet another week or two before I can. I mean, sure I can help Lilly & Pen with the little pain spell for Khamul, but then what? Us 3 Nazgul sit around Orrodel and wait for someone to come galloping up to chastise us for it? Realistically speaking, Viv would discourage her colleagues from casting spells on Khamul, because she's not STUpid - she knows it will result in displeasure and a reprimand from their higher-ups. Maybe Pen drinks too much and is too in love to think straight, and well Lilly is Lilly, but Viv being Viv she'd actually counsel her 'sister' against taking such obvious measures against her tormentor, and wait for a sneakier, more subtle and ultimately more effective measure at retribution.

Please, you guys, can you all let me & CS & Shah know when we are allowed to join in on the main of the RPG? Because if this goes on much longer, I fear I'm really already losing interest in the story from not being able to be a part of everything.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-16-2005, 04:02 PM   #482
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Hi, Lotesse!

I am happy you are back! Let us finish that spell, then. I propose the following:

You are playing Penny now, right? Please, let Lilly persuade him, he is so much in love, poor guy. And they complete the spell BEFORE Viv returns (with Ray).

Then Viv, in awe of what will follow, feels the need to go to the reception to see what has happened to Khamul.

Viv asks Ray to take her to the reception (he was invited, right?) so he is allowed to bring a guest along, the same way Earniel brought Rian. Sounds OK? That will permit you not to feel frustrated to be left out.

I am sure, if you were able to post, you would have already been at the reception!

I am not feeling frustrated myself, as I have little time now and every night I sigh with relief that there is no need to post .

But let us return to Lilly and penny right away? Please post Penny's answer!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:07 PM   #483
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
I think your idea to invite Serenoli is a good one. Serenoli has made several clever posts in the Books forum. I have repeated your invitation, Val, in the Newbie thread HERE .

Do you approve, All?
Gordis,

I just went to the Newbie Thread and welcomed Serenoli, and invited her to join the roleplay. The more the merrier, I always say.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:10 PM   #484
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

aye, this was my concern ...

Bumble can invite you and lilly ... then we can really see how efficient the staff are!

Or maybe have Viv steathily enter the uni ...though in that scenario you are limited in terms of genuine inter-action ...

Lomi will receive word from wise whit that a meeting of the grand council is to be held ... and also recieve information regarding the attacks by owls on the rogue Buzzrd ....

Boomerang also strategically placed constable BB walking (and whistling, note you ) towards a dashing rider on a beautiful new horse .... that could a fun meeting ... old constable BB knows a lot about tharbad ... people, places, security .... and he likes a drink and a fireside chat ....

or post a new professor ... of wine appreciation ... who through dedication to his/her craft turns up late to the table ... there seems very few lecturers at this uni looking at the table plan!

also i'd imagine the table a long traditional table with prominent seats at either end and guests either side ... but whatever ...

so... theres some options Lotesse ... i sympathise ..was there myself and these things can go on for days (without meaning to)

best thing would be have you and Cs have a character there ... or your main characters attend ..

if so Bumbledore will absent mindedly mention that he has invited two guests as is his right (and a tradition to boot! ) and you guys can enter ... as and when ready ... upto CS if this is after or during the attack .. or if she uses it as an alibi ... her being there in full sight (and have penny stick in the needles etc?????)

just ideas .... let me know what you think best: i would say we should put a time limit on the reception but this is very hard to do and anyway it is rather good ... but here we finally have the opportunity for all players and characters to interact ... so i feel it would be excellent if lilly and Viv could attend and rpg with everyone else; it would make it all the more exciting to have you and Cs there!

best BB

Sir GW: fair to point out NO ONE KNOWS THERE ARE ANY NAZGUL in tharbad. .... no one! maybe have your wolves come out down of the mountains seeking food and meet the Nazgul and start working for them?

though how wolves could prowl through the streets will be atad tricky!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:12 PM   #485
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Lotesse, You finally have computer access!

Believe me, you were left out exactly BECAUSE you had no possibility to post.

I thought to make Viv come to the reception invisible when you return, but I see CS has an even BETTER idea. I really like it. Please note that there is a place left for Ray at the main table. We will easily put another for you.

As for the Reception, it will not last forever. I don't see what can interrupt it now, short of a fire in the Palace. . But Aiwendis still has to make Val drink her love-potion.

So, please come, as soon as you are finished in Orrodel!

Last edited by Gordis : 10-16-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:15 PM   #486
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Please, you guys, can you all let me & CS & Shah know when we are allowed to join in on the main of the RPG? Because if this goes on much longer, I fear I'm really already losing interest in the story from not being able to be a part of everything.
Lotesse, everyone can understand how frustrating it must be for you not to be able to post in the RPG. Udu just has been in Tharbad for only a few hours (I know, it seems like it has been forever now, but actually, it has been only a short while). He has renewed his aquaintance with Aiwendis, the Chancellor and Khamul, in a memorable, but not very pleasant way. Presently he is sitting at a table, drinking his wine, and waiting for the feasting to begin. When opportunities present themselves, I am sure he will be reacting with many others. When possible, he will be speaking with his other old associates. It just takes a little time. One thing for sure is that a few hours in Tharbad have been memorable.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:18 PM   #487
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB, just read your post. I still prefer CS's ideas about Ray coming late and bringing Viv.

But what about Lilly?
CS, would you like to bring Lilly to the Reception or not? Or you prefer to continue posting for MM's and maybe their family?
Old 10-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #488
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

ah ... options ... but you WILL do old Bumble the honour and accompany him to the table won't you?

i actually asked (or started to) first .. just CS posted a shorter post! (good idea too that one CS)

what say you CS ..ref the alibi idea? have penny do the needlework???

just an idea as i say ....would also add some mystery too ... anyway whatever you feel right. ...
plus you could BOTH watch your handiwork

best all, BB

anyway .. poor bumble is standing on his lonesome since no one will interact with him but the wine glass (and all his uni friends: many many professors in various subjects ... maybe they are on lessar tables though )

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-16-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:36 PM   #489
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
... but you WILL do old Bumble the honour
anyway .. poor bumble is standing on his lonesome since no one will interact with him but the wine glass (and all his uni friends: many many professors in various subjects ... maybe they are on lessar tables though )
Actually you may be right. There should be a lot more professors and we can hardly place them at the lower table.

You see, I put the Main table for nobles on a dais, after the manner of Medieval halls. But as Tharbad is a VERY DEMOCRATIC place, perhaps we will have one big table??

As for accompanying Bumble to the table, I believe, you should take Malaphel, she is to sit next to you. Suppose there is a very competent servant giving you an insistent SUGGESTION to lead Malaphel to the table?

Last edited by Gordis : 10-16-2005 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:42 PM   #490
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
I'm surprised how quickly and fluidly the University personnel could provide RÃ*an with a place at the Main Table. The Chancellor must have some really able staff.
Rats, I was hoping I'd get to sit on Val's lap ...

I like the idea of having Ray asking Viv to come. Either we get a bigger table, or there are secondary tables around - after all, there's those hungry Rochdel players, too! Viv at a table with those guys would be fun!!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-16-2005, 04:47 PM   #491
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

OK, guys, WE GET A BIGGER TABLE. One for all and with no dais. Small tables are too modern an idea.

Still the places are reserved and it is the Chancellor who decides where you should sit.
I will post new Hall layout.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:56 PM   #492
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
have removed the offending post with the clandestine elves. Sorry for my presumption.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:56 PM   #493
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Rats, I was hoping I'd get to sit on Val's lap ...
Whoo-whoo!!

Big strapping guy like Valandil... and surely lovely Elf maidens don't get overweight... shouldn't be an inconvenience at all!

Gordis... I LIKE the table arrangement you had. Feel free to keep it as it was if you like - and don't worry about the gripers (they can always leave - or eat with the servants - if they don't like their seat and won't mind their manners! ).

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 10-16-2005, 05:04 PM   #494
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
But what about Lilly?
CS, would you like to bring Lilly to the Reception or not? Or you prefer to continue posting for MM's and maybe their family?
No, I don't want to bring Lilly to the reception! Look, it just doesn't make sense, we can't go around in a group everywhere! Suppose someone will chose an orc as a character (again ). Will we be asked to put him at the main table next top the chancellor and the king? It is not realistic.
NOPE lilly stays in Orrodel.

BB Re: your idea about ALIBI. It is not at all in Lilly's character, though I have no doubt that someone like Khamul will surely do it. Lilly is a simple soul. She feels like screeching- she screeches. She wants revenge - she attacks Khamul without thinking of the consequences. It is her nature.

Rian: Sitting on Val's lap? I will sit there soon, you wait and see.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:27 PM   #495
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

OK, everyone.

Here is the new layout
http://photobucket.com/albums/a337/G...nt=Dinner6.jpg

Now we have no dais, one U-shaped table with access for servants etc. in the middle.
Musicians jesters etc could also use the inner space.

I put Ray and Viv at the table. The black border around their names shows only that they are not yet there. Lotesse, you will sit right next to Khamul. You will have PLENTY of opportunity to inquire after his health. . I hope he will not kill you for your concern.

CS, all will be as you wish. If Lil wants to stay home with Five, no problem. Feel free to use MM's or whoever you like.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:27 PM   #496
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I definitely think that Ray and Viv should come to the reception, as a friend of the kings and the relative of one the professors they have a right to be there.

One thing that I can assure you of, we keep discussing things to death instead of posting on the story thread this reception is going to take months, which it will result in people dropping out before the story really has a chance to start.

This is what we've discussed needs to happen in the next few posts:

People need to move into the dining hall
Khamul needs to be strikin with pain from Lilly's spell
Viv and Ray need to arrive at the reception.

If no one shows any signs of taking the intiative to write something that moves the story in the direction of these things happening then I'll write something that gets us to where we want to be.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-16-2005, 06:52 PM   #497
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel
Hi, Lotesse!

I am happy you are back! Let us finish that spell, then. I propose the following:

You are playing Penny now, right? Please, let Lilly persuade him, he is so much in love, poor guy. And they complete the spell BEFORE Viv returns (with Ray).

Then Viv, in awe of what will follow, feels the need to go to the reception to see what has happened to Khamul.

Viv asks Ray to take her to the reception (he was invited, right?) so he is allowed to bring a guest along, the same way Earniel brought Rian. Sounds OK? That will permit you not to feel frustrated to be left out.

I am sure, if you were able to post, you would have already been at the reception!

I am not feeling frustrated myself, as I have little time now and every night I sigh with relief that there is no need to post .

But let us return to Lilly and penny right away? Please post Penny's answer!
Ciao, Willow! I see you're on at the moment. Well everyone, this idea of Crazy Squirrel's is the one I'm choosing to work with - terrific ideas, everyone, and thanx 2 you all for helping bring Viv back around to the action. Now - I have a bit of catch-up reading & mental composing to do, then I'll post some story in an hour or so.

One thing I want to reiterate about Viv so you all know - she's not mind-readable, by ANYone except the Chancellor, and to a greatly lesser degree, Khamul. EVERYone else gets nowhere, nowhere at ALL trying to read her thoughts, and in turn she doesn't go around reading other people's thoughts willy-nilly; she is a respectful young Nazgul by and large and besides, people's thoughts are uninteresting to her. She much prefers the good old-fashioned challenge of getting to know people by speaking with them, or observing them naturally; that is, unless she senses that someone may pose a threat to one of her "family" - if and when she senses hostility or shiftiness or suspiciousness being shunted her or her family's way, at that point she'll use every means at her avail to protect hers and their best interests. Was that too wordy? Basically, I hate the mind-games and inner mind conversations thing, and I will not have my character engaging in them.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-16-2005, 06:59 PM   #498
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Whoo-whoo!!

Big strapping guy like Valandil... and surely lovely Elf maidens don't get overweight... shouldn't be an inconvenience at all!

Gordis... I LIKE the table arrangement you had. Feel free to keep it as it was if you like - and don't worry about the gripers (they can always leave - or eat with the servants - if they don't like their seat and won't mind their manners! ).

who are these gripers you talk of?

could you be , perhaps, plain talking here?

I know not of anyone "griping'" nor being rude.

what do you mean by "leave"?

I beleive gor invited players to choose who would accompany them to the table: we should i feel be able to help another rpger who is left outof the action potentially for a number of days to be able to rpg like everyone else?

what is the problem with this?

some things are light-hearted and fun often indicated by a wink

Gor puts a lot of thought and time into her preparations and i for one would not want her to change anything she didn't want to ... but i also am pretty sure Gor knows when someone winks and is being light-hearted that she knows they are not "griping"

i also feel we all have the right to suggest ideas for the rpg without scorn or censor, if gor wants a dias, a dias it is, but a longer more medievel table (esp at a university) is a fair suggestion....

who then is griping? is it not a valid point that there are many other non-character professors or is it a university with less lecturers and proffesors than we have fingers on our hand?

CS: absolutely fine as you wish! ... was just an idea ... i beleive that is allowed in an rpg without being accused of "griping"

Val.. if you have a problem - and i truly know of no reason why you should - then may i politely suggest you Pm me about it .
Old 10-16-2005, 07:07 PM   #499
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

just read the posts above ... i agree with willow and lotesse ... we do need to actually move with the rpg a bit ... it is (beleive it or not still very early in it's development) ... and i thought the consensus here was the mind games though well done by all were good , we are perhaps going a bit far with them ...

look forward to Viv arriving with Ray Lotesse ... take a mo though if you can to bump into constable BB at last ere you go hither or thither en route either to orrodel first or direct to the Uni.

best BB
Old 10-16-2005, 07:37 PM   #500
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB, cool down! Nobody has offended me or intended to!

Your point about other profs was valid, and I changed from one medieval-type table layout to the other. It took me 5 minutes. That is all.

Actually I think by "gripers" Val meant teasing I have got about the over-efficient staff of the Palace and jokes about sitting on Val's lap. They were funny jokes, no more.

WO, I see your impatience, but I can't post more than I do, sorry. Feel free to move into the Dining Hall, once Val finishes with the Gov. It is unimportant part, I believe, so you can post it yourself if you like. It is really not necessary to wait for an opening for your character. Invent it yourself.

CS is waiting for Lotesse to post (for Penny) about the spell, or so I believe.
Lotesse will come to the Reception with Ray.

Where is Shah???

[B]Anyone is welcome to move the party into the Dining Hall. Make Aiwendis (Or the Butler or the Chief, whatever) announce that the dinner is ready, and move on.[B]
The layout of the Hall is here
http://photobucket.com/albums/a337/...ent=Dinner6.jpg

BB, post something for Bumble, please!
Closed Thread