Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:44 PM   #481
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

This RPG is written so well, it looks like an actual novelette! Fantastic writing, everyone.

Anduril, I'm SO glad you've decided to join the RPG. Be a nazgul; you're definitely Nazgullian I think. Nazguls of the Moot, unite!

o.k.,I got rid of all the harshin' posts I wrote in reference to L., just so everyone knows. Thank you Lief for changing the wording in your "leaving" post, btw. That beef is officially over, Val & Earniel just so you know. The end.

P.S. WHY does this post have to be the first one on a new page? *groan*

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-14-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:21 PM   #482
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
Earniel, thanks for the explanations. That will be OK. How do you make links to a post?
Yeah, I need to know this one too - How does one make links to a post? My Viniglaen bio got really buried (this is a HELL of a long, long discussion thread) and I'd like to put her pics, her outfit, and her biography profile into one post to make it easily accessible. I wish I knew how to create a link to that bio, at least.

Oh - congrats on your 500th post, Gordis! Plus it was nice that it happened to be that story post in our RPG -

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-14-2005 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:22 PM   #483
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
RÃ*an, please have some more patience....
Patience? What's patience, preciousssss?

(oh, OK, then, I"ll be patient! )

But Eärniel, you don't need to do the work - let everyone search out their own info posts and put it on the thread. You shouldn't have to do anything except gather info for your character.

Lotesse - I'll put in a link to your latest post : here it is:

Lotesse's post

Now hit the "quote" button on my post and you can see how I entered it. Use this format, and just substitute whatever post id number you want into the string in place of "486987" (be sure to substitute for both places). Give it a whirl, you'll figure it out in a few tries - if not, ask again!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 09-14-2005 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #484
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Here's a link to Eärniel's post using her right-click-and-go-to-properties thing:

sea elf post

edit - only problem with that is it only shows a single post, not the whole thread, but I like getting the addy that way, it's easier!

edit #2 - I think I'll use the right-click thing, then just edit the string - change "showpost" to "showthread", and change "&postcount" to "#post" and add the post id.

Or you can also find a post from Val and copy the string from his siggy, putting in the post id you want.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 09-14-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:29 PM   #485
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Viniglaen's profile

her necklace, one of many
http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/images/1195gem2.jpg

and the dress she wore to the Arch Chancellor's function
http://www.style.com/slideshows/fash...WAY/00360f.jpg

and how she looks, but think violet-blue eyes and short, wavy dark hair that falls in her eyes sometimes:
http://www.brownsteins.net/Ulpan/Ima...n%20Bacall.jpg

http://adorocinema.cidadeinternet.co...n-bacall03.jpg

AH!! excitement, happiness, joy! Thanx Rian!

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-14-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:34 PM   #486
Rían

Lotesse - it works for you, but not for me...

I quoted your post to see how you did it, and you apparently did it through editpost, so it won't work with anyone but you because we don't have privilege to edit your posts. But it's very close - just change a coupla things and you're there! Quote my post #483 again if you want to see the format.

Old 09-14-2005, 03:43 PM   #487
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Aw, rats. Now I'm feeling dumb. Well you guys, it's on pg. 12, post #224. My brain hurts right now; I'll try this again later.

*tried it again* Does it work now?

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-14-2005 at 03:46 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #488
Rían

eptld [rtgrvy;u@@

*moves her hands over one key to the left*

works perfectly!!

Congrats, you're now a certified post linker! *hands Lotesse a cool certificate*

Old 09-14-2005, 03:58 PM   #489
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
(hey, gordis just hit 500 posts and is now an Elf Lord - congrats, gordis! Will you choose a custom title?)
Thanks Rian and Lotesse! You have noticed it before me. So I did it!!! I will get rid of this "Elf" in my title at last!

What should I choose? "Seven of the Nine?"
Any ideas??
Old 09-14-2005, 04:03 PM   #490
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hmmm, I don't know. Something that refers to powerful women in the profession of wraithdom, that's for sure.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:04 PM   #491
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

There, I've rounded up most descriptions and characters I could find. Only Crazysquirrel and Lotesse have a complete character description. Where I could not find a description at all I used the first post about that character in the game thread. I hope this at least will end some confusion about characters. Those that haven't got a character-description and wish to insert one, feel free to edit a post accordingly or post a new one.

EXAMPLE:

Players and characters
CrazySquirrel: Lilaenwen (Lilly)
Grey_wolf: Pengolod(Penny/Five)
Telcontar_Dunedain: Galadannun (Khâmul)
Lotesse: Viniglaen (Viv)
Butterbeer: Undead butterfly and Widow
Witch-King of Angmar (?): Witch-king (?)
Gordis: Aiwendis
RÃ*an: RÃ*an
The Last sane person: Marthalion and Raendil (Marty and Ray)
Valandil: Valandil
Eärniel: Eärniel

Andúril: yet to be decided

Public characters
Arch-Chancellor
Annawen

EDIT: Oh, and do correct me if I've made mistakes in this summary.

Last edited by Earniel : 09-14-2005 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:07 PM   #492
Rían

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordis
Thanks Rian and Lotesse! You have noticed it before me. So I did it!!! I will get rid of this "Elf" in my title at last!
Hey, what's wrong with "Elf", buster?!

Quote:
What should I choose? "Seven of the Nine?"
Any ideas??
If you don't mind the Star Trek association that goes along with that, then that would be fine. If you don't want Star Trek associations, you could do something like "Nazgul #7". If you like the shipbuilder association and want to allude to his being a Nazzy, you could do "Tar-Ciryatan : number 7 of 9". What themes do you want to highlight the most? (and you can always change it, too!)

Old 09-14-2005, 04:24 PM   #493
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

BB, can you please make some room in your PM box? thanx

Earniel - I believe Gordis has Arch-Chancellor, so he wouldn't be a public character...

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-14-2005 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:27 PM   #494
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
If you like the shipbuilder association and want to allude to his being a Nazzy, you could do "Tar-Ciryatan : number 7 of 9". What themes do you want to highlight the most? (and you can always change it, too!)
My, Rian! The Chancellor is OF COURSE the Witch King! Wasn't that clear?

He has nothing (well almost nothing) to do with Gordis. Apart that the rpg-Gor is to be his "daughter" Aiwendis. I can mind the Chancellor for a time, before we will find someone to play him. And someone mighty good at it, otherwise, no.

As for the WK-mooter who has started this thread, he never shows his face here, though he is often at the moot. I don't think he will ever play here, I believe he will be out of his depth in this RPG, he just wanted to organise a nazgul-groop at the Moot. Or so I see it.

Quote:
Hey, what's wrong with "Elf", buster?!
Oh, they smell funny
Old 09-14-2005, 04:32 PM   #495
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

EDIT:

i predict some posters below will make some obscure references to this enigmatic post

beat BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-14-2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:33 PM   #496
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

I can't post info for Gordis-Aiwendis before she appears. Wait a little, please.

Last edited by Gordis : 09-14-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:36 PM   #497
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

BB, calm down, silly goose!! It happens a lot here, just because there's so much going on in this rpg, and so many people are on board. Don't be so mad! Nobody's ignoring you! Want a valium? Here, you can have one of mine.

O.K. you guys, here's BB's post what got buried a few pages back -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
"Sauron's balls!" *Grabs SUPER SHELOB Stun gun and whole bunch of Sir Doc GW's new-to-market 'chill pills' coming in both Elven, Nazgul and other flavours and Joins the Shah to help police 'THE THIRD WAY' .

Actually there shouldn't be too much to trouble in there (why do you think i volunteered for the job? ) because it will be a core of easy to assilimate information and then just a post or two from me!

Once it has the core outlines, bio and rules of engagment, only the very odd concise update need be added... rather like this thread (kidding of course)

besides with Shah and me (if he'll take me on to the force, mind?? - I'll call you Guv' if you like ... have you seen the Sweeney? ) patrolling the mean streets...or the street (the THIRD way) or at least having a tharbad donut equivalant or three wth some coffee and putting our feet up ready to spring to action ... when the bar opens ... ahem i digress ... heh don't ask this officer of the peace for directions ...

anyway with the Shah (the Guv) and BB (to be confirmed on the force following Shah's lengthy and exhaustive character check etc ... ??? "you in?" ... "ok" ??? - these initiation ceremonies can be so formal and lengthy! and that cuts down real police time supporting the bars and food establishments of the street) i'm sure our heady mix of Dutch bandero chilled out "no problem" policing style where a friendly smile, a laugh and a joke keep the third way chilled - and our no-nonsense stun and chill SAS style rapid response elite tactics division (that's also Shah and BB(pending ...) will ENSURE there's no trouble on the Street!

(my god, The Street ... sounds like an RPG already .... don't worry Valandil and Earniel, it WON'T BE )

Sorry Lief ... not really up on all this ... which post? what number was it?

Right i guess i will have to curtail my many other points as they would probably take 2 pages or so ...

with regard to the bigger issues:

here would be my rules:
1]Other issues or flames in the rpg arena

if anyone wants to put this rpg in threat by continous actions (rather than just a one-off incident which is different to my mind ..and can happen easily to anyone) whatever the rights or wrongs of it .... any person threatens this rpg with closure they should either take a 24 or 48 hr rest period (their choice) from both the rpg and discussion threads till they have either calmed it down, sorted it out or agreed with whomever that whatever else may happen it in NO WAY enters THIS thread.

AGREED?

I.e. keep it out of here: this is an rpg nothing else: we have imaginary characters... so imagine your character likes the other character

2. new characters
Two main points here,

2.a exisiting rpg players, helping out new characters: the basic guidelines

all rpg players should agree to give new characters some leeway when they first start posting in an established and complex rpg ... give them some help, support and encouragment: if they really are causing mayhem then politely ask them to edit: if they then do edit and are willing to be team players then great! If not then of course it will need to be looked at. But they must be given a chance to fit in and a chance to edit.

2.b What existing RPG players can expect from new players: new player guidelines

Similarly, existing RPG players should have the right to expect new players have read all or at least a fair amount of start, middle and end of the rpg (depending on it's size at that point) and have a feel for how it is played.

(personally this is something i always do: if you are interested then you will do it, if you are not going to be interested you will not. e.g. Rian made 15 pages of notes or something! It took me ages reading Drunken elf pirates discussion ... mind you i learnt all about it (at least how it was played and what people thought and interacted to discuss things etc, having never actually read the rpg itself ...)

There should be no hard and fast on just how much new players have read, provided they have a half decent grounding and are willing to catch up PROVIDED of course they are willing to edit posts that may cause problems ... but this would then work heavily in conjunction with BB edict ( ) 2.a above: it's a two-way thing here.

New players should have read some of the start and end (minimum) of the discussion threads and ideally ask some questions about their intended characters in the discussion thread .. so they are welcomed in rather than become a bolt out of the blue! They should consider the implications of their characters actions or general posts on the plot, balance and direction of the rpg and other chararcters too ... unless they are GM (Games master) then they should consult in terms of any major new directions. We are all friendly here (really! most of the time ) and new ideas are always welcome and make an rpg what it is!

3 Donughts
Each rpg player shall contribute a donught tax towards the upkeep of the street's (the third way) police force ... one doghnut a week will suffice to keep the peace ... this can be done in the teacup cafe and you can pay for a years fun and friendly policing at one time!

.................................................. ......................................

Finally, i was sad to see that Lief left, that a stupid argument brewed up - though i go on record here and now i COULD understand why it did ... but Lief should have been given a fairer chance to edit and fit in ... and he did want to! ... mistakes were made all round, it happens! ... and unfortunately it HAS.

But for my part i liked all the mooters involved and still do.
SO can we all now move on and start interacting with butterflies!

best all
BB

Last edited by Lotesse : 09-14-2005 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #498
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

No need to be so mad, BB! (gives BB GW's slow-down pills, they work splendidly).
I really see this post for the first time. Sorry, BB, I missed it, with all thise posts in the main thread on my part. The rules are good. I only would have shortened them a bit if I were you. Loved the Donught part

As for me, I try to make a link but fail, oh... I have one button mouse on my Mac!

Last edited by Gordis : 09-14-2005 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:13 PM   #499
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

one post? ... you gotta be kidding.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #500
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Earniel
Re: your list.
I have introduced the Arch-Chancellor Lord Ilmenzor, who is the same person as the Witch-King, Lord of the Nazgul.

The link you gave for the Chancellor shows a post about Rian. So please change it to:
The Chancellor's "fake" story is in two posts:
http://www.entmoot.com/showpost.php?...0&postcount=86
http://www.entmoot.com/showpost.php?...4&postcount=89

Witch king's "real" story may be referred to Olmer. After all it was posted only on Entmoot. Our trademark, so to say. And that is a good story making him King Tar-Ciryatan of Numenor, the Shipbuilder.
http://www.entmoot.com/showthread.php?t=12230&page=2

I will mind the Chancellor at least for some time. The others may of course use him in their posts.

Is it acceptable for all???
Closed Thread