Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 12:46 AM   #481
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

You're in Florida, Khamul? I was there years ago; my mom has a summer pad in Jupiter Beach.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 07-09-2005, 01:11 AM   #482
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

I'm about 45 minutes away from the Florida line in the heart of south Alabama.

Psalm 107:31
Old 07-10-2005, 12:58 AM   #483
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

vennnnnnt

i am pissed at ABBA because they only had one good song.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggg

i am all teeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnceeeeeeeeeee
Old 07-10-2005, 02:39 PM   #484
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

And I'm stuck in San Francisco without a car to get back to L.A., and I had only packed for a one day trip and it's been nine days already, and my best friend's STILL in prison and I STILL miss her every single day, and so many Mooters are on vacation so the moot's slowed down, and - and - O.K., guess that's enough for now *phew*

Old 07-10-2005, 03:27 PM   #485
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Hold on "L", you seem to have made such strides, don't get down now. SFO ain't LA but it has some great venues.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:30 PM   #486
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx, Spock; you're right, I've been having a great time with my Dad. But now I wanna go home... *whine whine*

Old 07-10-2005, 03:32 PM   #487
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

..that's what we need WINE!
Old 07-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #488
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Sorry to interrupt all the happiness. Verbatim:
Quote:
The loneliness is getting difficult.

But the depression I feel when thinking about getting into another relationship...........it's debilitating.

To top it all, I hate this person I have become. So overly sensitive. I am ashamed at how weak I am now. I spent years building up an emotional barrier--now I need to build it again.

So that one day, it will be pulverised by someone. Or myself.

Another thing that sickens me is my verbosity.

Maybe if I just see the damn psychologist, take the meds, fix myself........maybe I'll see things differently. So why do I feel like lying down here in this hole and letting everything eat away at me?
Have a nice day.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:18 PM   #489
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

In short, Mom hurt her arm badly.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:31 PM   #490
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Anduril, cheer UP, my GOD, it's gonna be O.K. Life comes in waves, in tides - whatever washes over you in confused depression now, will at some point recede and waves of clear and invigorating joy will come for awhile in its stead. The more passionate and intense you may be naturally, the more the "downs" hurt, but then - the more the "ups" feel good.

Old 07-10-2005, 06:44 PM   #491
trolls' bane

Exactly! I had to go through a lot the past three years: a whole lot that I would be better off without, but somehow I managed to pull through, and I didn't even go insane (well, just a little). They were the hardest years of my life so far, but by far I have had more good times than ever, those small things that you don't know are good until long after they happened. It was at the beginning of that time I found Entmoot, and to be honest I probably would have gone insane if it were'nt for Entmoot. It's amazing how quickly these three long years went. I remember joining Entmoot. In fact, I remember the first time I typed in trolls' bane and signed in.
Old 07-10-2005, 06:55 PM   #492
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

trolls bane, am I going crazy or did I just see this post in Italian a minute ago?

Old 07-10-2005, 07:10 PM   #493
trolls' bane

Not this post, Lotesse. See the Teacup Cafe and the Newbie Welcome Thread.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:19 PM   #494
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Congrats on your 1,000, trolls' bane.
I have so much to complain about in my head right now, but I think for a change today I'll keep it to myself.

Old 07-12-2005, 12:39 AM   #495
trolls' bane

Thank you!
(and for reading my story)

Speaking of which, the website is now up:
http://www.freewebs.com/zaq-1/
Old 07-12-2005, 01:37 AM   #496
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Belated Vent:

Yesterday, I experienced a pair of nasty knocks.

First, I learned that one of my family members is leaning toward liberal rather then conservative beliefs (religiously as well as politically. I could take the political difference of opinion, but the religious one is very hard to bear). It really stung, coming from family.

Second, I had the worst case of itches that I can ever recall having had. For a little under an hour, my back itched worse then any part of me ever has. I wished I had a servant to follow me around punching me constantly in the back. It was a different definition of pain. It's not pain as in an open wound, but pain of a different, but nonetheless ruthless sort. That was miserable. I am very, very glad it's over.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 07-12-2005 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:38 AM   #497
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andúril
Sorry to interrupt all the happiness. Verbatim:
Have a nice day.
I doubt I know exactly what you're going through, but don't be ashamed of showing weakness. Anybody who's ever once in their lives thought reasonably about emotion should know that everybody's weak, and at some times that's evident. If there's anybody who can't respect you for being weak, you can feel better by dismissing them as ignorant. But don't you be ignorant. Lie in that hole as long as you want. Trust me; it'll pass through you once you let it in. Never completely, though. I hope you feel better relatively soon.

Lief, think of it this way, maybe. Liberal and conservative don't exist in the way you think. Being conservative is showing a hesitance to go against a tried and true law, whereas being liberal is having a radical and unfounded viewpoint. Your family member may be second-guessing a few things, but you can bet he was hesitant for a long time before verbalizing his doubts. Blame individual thought. Ultimately, you know he'll be forgiven, and perhaps he's actually right.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:36 AM   #498
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Pet Peeve: Miscommunication! It's everywhere, even here on the moot, drives me crazy...

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:12 PM   #499
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadillo
Lief, think of it this way, maybe. Liberal and conservative don't exist in the way you think. Being conservative is showing a hesitance to go against a tried and true law, whereas being liberal is having a radical and unfounded viewpoint. Your family member may be second-guessing a few things, but you can bet he was hesitant for a long time before verbalizing his doubts. Blame individual thought. Ultimately, you know he'll be forgiven, and perhaps he's actually right.
That's how I view the political difference of opinion. Religion is much less a matter of guesswork though, in my opinion.

You know how people in the Bible experience God? They experience him hands-on, direct back and forth communication, direct impact upon their lives and the lives of those around them. Miracles, conversations with divinity, the same kind of direct communication as we'd have with a family member. I experience him in a similar way. Therefore to me, God is simple reality. He is plain fact. He has shown me also that the Bible is true. Therefore when a family member ignores what is clearly written in the Bible, it is defying reality and stepping into inevitable error and danger.

However, I am confident that things will turn out all right. This family member has been severing a lot of old ties and pushing a lot of boundaries lately; I think it's part of a temporary phase. I hope that with the Lord's help, I'll be able to behave in a positive and non-judgmental manner until this resolves itself.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 07-12-2005, 07:25 PM   #500
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
That's how I view the political difference of opinion. Religion is much less a matter of guesswork though, in my opinion.

You know how people in the Bible experience God? They experience him hands-on, direct back and forth communication, direct impact upon their lives and the lives of those around them. Miracles, conversations with divinity, the same kind of direct communication as we'd have with a family member. I experience him in a similar way. Therefore to me, God is simple reality. He is plain fact. He has shown me also that the Bible is true. Therefore when a family member ignores what is clearly written in the Bible, it is defying reality and stepping into inevitable error and danger.
Well, that's complicated. In whatever way people experience God, they are all aware of him differently. So to your family member, certain points in the Bible probably aren't as clear as they are to you, just as you might have missed a certain point here and there. In the end it won't matter; you're obviously a good person, and a small oversight hardly affects anyone, or else they discover it later and realize they were wrong. They'll either come to on their own or they'll live the rest of their life as a person of average faith, which isn't bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief Erikson
However, I am confident that things will turn out all right. This family member has been severing a lot of old ties and pushing a lot of boundaries lately; I think it's part of a temporary phase. I hope that with the Lord's help, I'll be able to behave in a positive and non-judgmental manner until this resolves itself.
That's also complicated (which is probably why this irritates you so much?). No matter how concerned you are, you'd never be able to change someone's religious beliefs for them. You could discuss it and anger him and not shake his beliefs, which is why so many threads have been closed here on Entmoot. But on the other hand, maybe there are indications that something has gone wrong with him that's caused him to act so strangely. Talking to him about what that might be, without mentioning religion so much, wouldn't be a bad idea. And remember to not get your hopes up for this phase to pass by anytime soon.