Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 03:02 PM   #481
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaimir Windgem View Post
If you look at the people who post, I think most of them, you'll find, are from America. The next biggest group is Europeans, which would make the East Coast probably the most convenient locale (sux to be Sheeana or GrayMouser, though ). That said, I think Europe would be more fun. Particularly, given the theme of this Board, England. More particularly, Oxford. To get more specific, the Eagle and Child Pub. And, to get about as specific as is possible, the table under JRRT's picture.
Yeah. tough lines on the underage.

Quote:
Are you...are you telling me...that you DON'T have a passport? O.O
Not currently. Passports expire. I been busy in NA and the portions of south that didn't need passports until recently.

My money's in real estate.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 07-31-2008, 05:32 PM   #482
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
Yeah. tough lines on the underage.
Which, in England, means under 18, which means that the great majority are included. And underagers are still allowed to go. They just can't buy a beer, but I imagine they'd still like to go see the Bird and Babe. And anyway, who knows; in a lot of foreign countries, the drinking laws are not exactly enforced.

I have a Slovakian friend who started a story once with, "We were in middle school, and we were smashed."

Quote:
Not currently. Passports expire. I been busy in NA and the portions of south that didn't need passports until recently.
Tsh! You should keep up on your passport! The ability to leave the country is pretty nice!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 07-31-2008, 06:24 PM   #483
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

What do you know! The 'quarium has sprung a leak! Sorry granddad, for doubting you. You still meddled with the filter, though.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:33 PM   #484
Gwaimir Windgem

I love Eddie Izzard. "Sorry, it's not mine. It's stray. Stray washing."

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 07-31-2008, 11:15 PM   #485
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Tsh! You should keep up on your passport! The ability to leave the country is pretty nice!
Gwai, different stages have different requirements. I wouldn't get any use out of one passport, I don't roll that way anymore. So investing 5 or 6 hundred dollars in passportage on the off chance a mystery lover might want to whisk me off to Monte Carlo gave place to paying mortgages and orthodontists.

Some days is like that, Dude. If you're lucky, you'll know.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 07-31-2008, 11:16 PM   #486
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Which, in England, means under 18, which means that the great majority are included. And underagers are still allowed to go. They just can't buy a beer, but I imagine they'd still like to go see the Bird and Babe.
Actually, I can't imagine why they would, and I think you underestimate the minors, but that's just me.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 08-01-2008, 06:56 AM   #487
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
JKRowling will be publishing "Tales of Beedle and the Bard".

Darn 90 second rule!
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
Old 08-01-2008, 10:55 AM   #488
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
*The Shree-Kryhnn, the olde vampire wraiths of Morgoths, snuck stealthily through the darkened premises of the Café, hoping to be more successful than the last time.*
Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 AM   #489
Mari
Elf Lady

Here you can buy beer at 16. *shrugs* Kids get completely wasted at 12 nowadays though.

Hey people, did you realize it is weekend? *is celebrating that little fact with a book and a glass of peach wine* (*though actually she's been celebrating the fact that it was almost weekend yesterday and the day before she celebrated that it wasn't weekend yet in the same way* )

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:19 AM   #490
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
investing 5 or 6 hundred dollars in passportage on the off chance a mystery lover might want to whisk me off to Monte Carlo gave place to paying mortgages and orthodontists.

Um, well maybe if you HAD a passport your mystery lover could whisk you off to Monte Carlo.

Old 08-01-2008, 11:21 AM   #491
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
Um, well maybe if you HAD a passport your mystery lover could whisk you off to Monte Carlo.

btdt. Who would feed the chickens, these days?

*Pounces on Mari* HA!

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 08-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #492
Mari
Elf Lady

*is being pounced on* Oof! >_<

Hiya Sis! Long time no see! Hmm, though maybe I might have seen you, but just didn't have the energy to make a big deal out of it. I humbly apologize for my lack of cuddling and hugging and of course... TACKLING! *tackles Sis*

Why are passports so bloody expensive in the US by the way? Here it's around 50 euros. Around 90 dollars maybe? I'm not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment. Oh, but should you be whisked off by someone, don't go to Monte Carlo. Come visit me!

Old 08-01-2008, 11:38 AM   #493
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Quote:
If you look at the people who post, I think most of them, you'll find, are from America. The next biggest group is Europeans, which would make the East Coast probably the most convenient locale (sux to be Sheeana or GrayMouser, though ). That said, I think Europe would be more fun. Particularly, given the theme of this Board, England. More particularly, Oxford. To get more specific, the Eagle and Child Pub. And, to get about as specific as is possible, the table under JRRT's picture.
Haha! Good idea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf View Post
*The Shree-Kryhnn, the olde vampire wraiths of Morgoths, snuck stealthily through the darkened premises of the Café, hoping to be more successful than the last time.*
Vampire? Where?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
*is being pounced on* Oof! >_<

Hiya Sis! Long time no see! Hmm, though maybe I might have seen you, but just didn't have the energy to make a big deal out of it. I humbly apologize for my lack of cuddling and hugging and of course... TACKLING! *tackles Sis*

Why are passports so bloody expensive in the US by the way? Here it's around 50 euros. Around 90 dollars maybe? I'm not sure what the exchange rate is at the moment. Oh, but should you be whisked off by someone, don't go to Monte Carlo. Come visit me!
That is a good question.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 08-01-2008, 11:39 AM   #494
Noble Elf Lord
Leaf-Crowned Lord Of Elvenpath

OK, OK. I get it. Democracy. Most are American -> majority rules -> minority suffers. So mean...
But I guess I could have enough munny (no typo, this is delibarate foolin' around) by then. I mean not next summer, but the next one. Damn, damn army...
Old 08-01-2008, 11:44 AM   #495
Noble Elf Lord

P.S. Are my siggies getting worrysome?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:50 AM   #496
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

They're not very expensive individually, but I'd need to travel collectively.

I've done a very small bit of traveling outside of the NAFTA zone. I've done a lot of it, there.

But I did get to England Scotland and Wales, one year. And I've been to Caracas and a few caribbean locations.

The thing is, I'm easily amused. The US is really big...add Canada and Mexico and you're talking enormous. Last weekend I drove 12 hours and stayed in one state. My favorite moment was a long detour to "Gravity Hill", which I'd seen on a tourist brochure earlier this summer. Then I stopped for ice-cream.

If I was in Lisbon, it would still be my favorite part. My favorite part would be seeing what grows, negotiating at the farmer's market, and having ice cream. If you could throw in a 45 minute trip to watch people shear sheep or a nice limestone cavern, I'd be set.

Many of my ancestors arrived about 10 miles from this spot before the American Revolution. I guess we don't have that kind of wanderlust. We solved a problem and got busy doing whatever we do.

Listen how calm I sound ...I love not working double shifts.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 08-01-2008, 12:29 PM   #497
Gwaimir Windgem

Quote:
Gwai, different stages have different requirements. I wouldn't get any use out of one passport, I don't roll that way anymore. So investing 5 or 6 hundred dollars in passportage on the off chance a mystery lover might want to whisk me off to Monte Carlo gave place to paying mortgages and orthodontists.
I'll take a passport and bad teeth. That way, when my family spends Christmas abroad, I'll fit in.

Quote:
Actually, I can't imagine why they would, and I think you underestimate the minors, but that's just me.
Because, the Eagle and Child pub is famed for being the place where the Inklings met, and this is a Tolkien website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
I think sis' mystery lover is getting less and less mysterious.

Quote:
They're not that expensive; sis is exaggerating. I just got one last year; I got it expedited, but I think it's not much over a hundred dollars, if you don't get it expedited.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 08-01-2008, 12:50 PM   #498
Mari
Elf Lady

Well, I don't care about it all. I just think all of you should come here at least once in your life. Preferably when I'm around as well
I can show you our wonderful scenery, beautiful flowerfields, the forests and heatherplains and the North Sea or the inner 'sea' and lakes etc.
You can cycle from forest to heatherplain to lake in one day if you want or stay in one of them. All just nature, some other people on bikes, but mostly just nature you see.
There are deer, boars, sheep and 'medieval' cows roaming those places.

The small villages have character and the open air musea are fun for adults and kids. I remember making nails with a hammer on a hot piece of iron and playing old Dutch games, cycling on old fashion bikes, etc.

I love this country, despite all the things I don't like or even hate about it.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:22 PM   #499
Noble Elf Lord

That sounds cool, Mari. I've always (well for at least 4 years) wanted to learn to be a smith. Forge swords, armor, and decoration items... and all because of the skill of being able to. I value the ability to craft beatiful and useful items with one's own hands. Alas, I haven't had the chance to yet. But I will hopefully get to study arts and craft after high school.

Edit: Yay! 200th post!
Old 08-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #500
Mari
Elf Lady

I value that ability as well. However I do not posses any creative abilities. Originality isn't my forte either. I'll enjoy the products of others

Speaking of which... *sits down in a chair and listens to beautiful music with a cup of tea in her hand*
Lovely!

Closed Thread