Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2007, 04:56 PM   #461
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acalewia
That really doesn't explain why I have all these dreams where I am extreamly violent, like throwing my stalker ex- boyfriend off a building or engaging in battle with 300 spartians (I'm seriuos about that one)
Enjoy those dreams! I would say those dreams are somewhat useful, and fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautipus
I've had some wicked weird dreams in my day. There was this one where I was looking over this plain from the top of a hill. The plain was green and beautiful and had a huge river running through it. In the center of the plain was a city, like a modern day city that looked like New York. It was really bright and sunny. Then these clouds rolled in out of nowhere, they just kinda appeared, like the sky was on fire. The sun was blotted out and it was really hard to see anything at all. Every now and again the clouds would break up a little bit and silvery white light would stream through, like moonlight except brighter. Then, there was a darker shadow that stretched across the plain. I looked up and there was this huge thing flying over me. It had huge wings, I mean REALLY big, and a long skinny neck, at the end of which was a bulbous, misshappen head. It also had a long tail with smaller wings coming off of it and ended in a feathery or spikey protrusion. There were two arms that looked like T-Rex arms comming out of its chest, and instead of legs it had these two really long tendrils. It flew out over to the city and landed on these two buildings and ran the tendrils down around them to hold on. Its wings and tail just kind of hung there, and its head was hanging vertically. I went into the city and found some weapons, the city was deserted. Then I saw a single light in one of the buildings that the creature was on top of. I went in and found a guy and we left together. When we were leaving the city we looked up and there was some black fog coming out of the thing's head, which was made up of a bunch of eyes of different sizes, and this round perforation for a mouth. The fog was leaking out of the creases of the eyes. Then it spat this huge black fog-ball into the middle of the city. it punched through the ground and all this black fog began seeping out. The thing took off from the building and flew away, and out of the hole in the ground came all these red tendrils, that wrapped around the buildings and streets, then this big red thing came out of the hole, and began beating like a heart. Then I could see the hole planet, and there were these big flying things everywhere, and they were making the planet come to life, and there was this big thing coming from far out in space to eat Earth when it became totally organic.

This was a really creepy dream. What does it mean?
Either what Lief said, or just the fact that that dream is totally awesome, or both.
Ingwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #462
Nautipus
Kraken King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ingwe
Either what Lief said, or just the fact that that dream is totally awesome, or both.

I have to come clean, stale pizza may have been involved.
But yeah, Lief, I think that may be a good interpretation of my dream. I beleive in spiritual illumination through dreams, and that God can speak through them, but it may not be as grand as you say. But why not?

Anyway, this dream came soon after another that I had which was similar.
I was at my house and woke up really early. It was winter break and I had plans to go to my friend's house, but it was just too early, so I decided to watch TV. While I was watching I fell asleep. When I woke up it was really dark outside and it was raining really hard. I mean, like sledgehammers on the roof hard, man. Anyway, I was like "Oh crap, I overslept." And I went to a clock that said 8:00. I thought it was 8:00 at night, but when I looked at another clock it said a.m. So I grabbed a coat and went to get in my car. it was winter break, but the rain was really warm, which was weird, and I drove to my friend's house. The sky had those weird rolling clouds with the silver light coming through, which I could see through the rain. I got to my friends house and we played some games and then we fell asleep. When we got up It was normal and bright and cold outside. We were hungry and went downstairs to eat something and the sky changed, and the rain and dark were back. So I went out under his porch which hangs over his garage and looked at the rain. Then this thing said something to me in my head, but i can't remember what, and the tall grass by the house was parting as something ran through it. I ran inside and grabbed my friend's brother's shotgun and ran upstairs to the first floor(the basement goes outside in the back of the house). I told my friend to get a weapon and out of nowhere comes this nine-millimeter pistol, it just appeared in his hand. Then the thing in the grass comes to the door and eases it open, sticking its arm through. It is on the ground like a salamander's arm and is really white and reflective. We shoot at it and the arm falls off, and the creature runs into the woods behind my friends house. the arm apparently has no bones, and is made up on the inside of long, thin gristle that is brown, with sharp, flattened edges. We chase the creature into the woods and fight it, it looks like those things from the movie Dreamcatcher (Two leg/arms and a tail and bulbous head with huge mouth and grey skin) Except it has no mouth or eyes and is white. It injures my friens by flailing out with the long strands of gristle hanging from the stump of its arm. I shoot it in the "head" with the shotgun and the head splits down the middle, then it makes a mouth out of the hole and reveals a round, whitish red orb in its chest, which I shoot. The thing falls over, dead.
Me and my friend come out of the woods and everything is normal, so we drive to the highschool that we attended (by the way, there are no people in this dream besides me and my friend) to look at the arm gristle under a microscope, leaving our guns behind. We get to the highschool and are in the lab when the rain comes back. Now, there is a hole in the wall of one of the bathrooms at that school, It is on the second floor, and in the dream I crossed the school to go to the bathroom directly beneath that one, my friend is with me. When we go back we go under a long hall that is suspended over a walkway, which is part of the school. Its there in real-life too. This thing comes out of the hole and is in the hall above us, it busts through the floor and tries to grab us, it looks like a cross between a hermit crab and an octopus and is also white. That's when the dream ends. But the last creature reminds me of a dream I had of a hermit crab that was black with red, triangle shaped specks on it. blue and white I thhink too, maybe orange. I had it for a while, but it died, But on the case it was in where I bought it was the name Teleamaust. Weird, huh?

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons

Last edited by Nautipus : 09-19-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Nautipus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:42 PM   #463
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

You have some awesome dreams, Nautipus.

My friend had a dream where she went into the freezer at work and had to get something from the very back. She keeps walking and thinking she didn't thing the freezer was that big. Suddenly, she's in this hug meadow with (in her words) a really hot Highlander. She turns and tries to go back the way she came but theres like a big sheet of glass preventing her from going back. She hollers at me to help her, but I start laughing at her along with everyone else that works with us. In the end me and her trade places.

I told her to lay off the romance books with the Scotsman in it.

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:49 PM   #464
Nautipus
Kraken King

Reading that made me giggle like a schoolgirl-I mean, ahem, *coughs loudly* Laugh heartily like a MAN.

That is kind of a funny dream. I have had a few, and now their inside jokes between me and my friends. Like in one, Me and three other people were walking around a stadium that looked like it came out of a HALO game. Anyway, were walking in pairs, and my friend walking next to me says:
"So, I'm finally a werewolf."
And I reply, "Oh. So how's that working out for you?"
"Alright."
"Hmm, cool."
And we just keep walking

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #465
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Reading that made me giggle like a schoolgirl-I mean, ahem, *coughs loudly* Laugh heartily like a MAN.

That is kind of a funny dream. I have had a few, and now their inside jokes between me and my friends. Like in one, Me and three other people were walking around a stadium that looked like it came out of a HALO game. Anyway, were walking in pairs, and my friend walking next to me says:
"So, I'm finally a werewolf."
And I reply, "Oh. So how's that working out for you?"
"Alright."
"Hmm, cool."
And we just keep walking
Sounds like a good Red Versus Blue episode!
Old 09-20-2007, 09:32 AM   #466
Nautipus
Kraken King

Red vs Blue also makes me gigg- I mean- laugh.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-20-2007, 11:19 AM   #467
Acalewia

ROFLMAO, Nautipus.
My friend and I now have a joke running about Scotsmen in the freezer. It cracks us up to see the odd looks we get when one of us say "Tell the Scotsman I said hi"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Last edited by Acalewia : 09-20-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #468
Nautipus
Kraken King

I want a peice of that action!

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-20-2007, 11:31 AM   #469
Acalewia

We so need a lol smilie. And maybe a roflmao smilie, too.

The Rule must die!!!

Old 09-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #470
Nautipus
Kraken King

"Crusade against the rule!" declares the self-procaimed pope of entmoot.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #471
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
You have some awesome dreams, Nautipus.

My friend had a dream where she went into the freezer at work and had to get something from the very back. She keeps walking and thinking she didn't thing the freezer was that big. Suddenly, she's in this hug meadow with (in her words) a really hot Highlander. She turns and tries to go back the way she came but theres like a big sheet of glass preventing her from going back. She hollers at me to help her, but I start laughing at her along with everyone else that works with us. In the end me and her trade places.

I told her to lay off the romance books with the Scotsman in it.
That's a hilarious dream!
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 07:56 AM   #472
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

this article reminded me of this thread. Might be an interesting read. It links previous short REM-sleep with intensified dreaming afterwards.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #473
Nautipus
Kraken King

Thanks Earniel. That was a pretty neat article. We talked alot about that in my psychology class. And all of these other sleep diorders too.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-21-2007, 09:59 PM   #474
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by EƤrniel
this article reminded me of this thread. Might be an interesting read. It links previous short REM-sleep with intensified dreaming afterwards.
That was pretty interesting and informative. A good read indeed.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:17 PM   #475
Acalewia

I have the most ****ed up dream the other night.

Me and a friend were walking around down town Little Rock. We ran into one of my BFFs. She tells me she's trying to avoid her boyfriend. We're walking around when she sees her Boyfriend's car coming toward us, so we duck into this little store and wait until he passes. She tells us she left him because he's being abusive.

Later, me and my BFF (the other girl left and went home) are at my house and he pulls into the driveway with his kids. He sends the kids in there to get my friend. He's sitting in the car looking really pissed. I don't take a liking to men that beat women, so i grab a rifle and take up a sniper position from the neighbor's roof and shoot him in the head. Later, we're at this party and his brother shows up and I shoot him in the head so he can't fight for the kids.

Weird, huh?

I don't even own a rifle. I have a shotgun

Old 09-22-2007, 04:27 PM   #476
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Wow.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #477
Nautipus
Kraken King

Acalewia, your a little scary.
I had a weird dream last night. I dreamed I was in Nashville, Tennessee, and me and a class from my college were there along with a couple of friends. Then giant spiders took over the world, and were eating people, but somehow the people won against the spiders and they made a video game about it. So me and all the people went back to Nashville to finish what we were doing and I met this really pretty girl who flirted with me and we got to talking and she said she was from Ohio, and I asked her what she came to Tennessee for, and she said she came for a hoe-down. Then we talked some more and I woke up.
It was funny.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #478
Acalewia

Quote:
Acalewia, your a little scary.
I'll take that as a complement.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:55 PM   #479
Nautipus
Kraken King

Quote:
I'll take that as a complement.
Then your welcome.

You have got to hear this dream. I was on a rock faced island, me and some scientists were looking at the ecological population of a new species that was killing snails and living in their shells. We got some samples and were looking at them, when a huge storm came, but we were deep inside the island so we were okay. Then, somehow, the samples began controlling the mind of one of the scientists and he chases me to the top of the island, where there's a little balcony. i close and lock the door behind me but he's right behind it and I can hear what he's saying. He said he was going to put a bunch of those things inside me and let them eat me and stuff! Then i jumped off the balcony and landed in the storm-tossed waters, but instead of swimming I just sank, and everything was dark, but I could hear stuff, and I was really cold. Eventually everything became dark and cold and silent, then i woke up.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 09-25-2007, 10:21 AM   #480
Acalewia

Whoa! That like... scary.

I have an insane issue with blue convertables. Let me explain.

I had a dream that me and my neice were riding in a blue convertable (don't know what kind). She's driving. We are getting ready to turn on the road about less than a quarter mile from where we both live (we live a few blocks from one another btw) when we're hit by this truck. I couldn't tell what kind of truck but I know it was bigger than us. Everything starts spinning. Then I hear a voice saying "she died peacefully" I look around I find out my neice was killed in the crash. Then I'm riding the bus (at this point I have been out of school for two years) and I pass by the spot where she died and I start crying. Someone tells me to quit being a baby. I tell them they'd cry too if the lost their neice. Then I woke up.

I mean the dream felt soo real. I will not ride in a blue convertable since then