Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #461
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
That's Greek! Hey, what does that translate to? I was learning Greek, a long time ago my Greek ex-boyfriend was teaching me modern Greek and I had been teaching myself ancient Greek on my own, from books. That was back in my smart and sharp days, back when my I.Q. hadn't yet been so damaged by life and hard drugs. What does that translate to, TB?
I have a funeral in my brain, to quote Emily Dickenson. I don't know. Ach! Why can't I just htnk straight? Such a tough day. But no it wasn't, from what I think of. I even caught the bus. I don't know greek. I can't translate it back etiher. I am such a hypocrite. *sobs* *is glad* *is tricky in this way, out of absolute necessity*
Sometimes I conteplate the meaning of all this. What makes me different from a lump of carbonaceous chondrite. Oh, I know, why don't you all run away? Just like in RL, wait, this IS RL, so it's both and the same. Run away! From what I say! And I did NOT mean that rhyme. I hate rhymes, except in rare cases, and I generally do not like poetry. But I know what makes it. Microtublules! I can create a laser without the blooming effect, carbonaceous chondrite cannot. I can drink heavy water and sustain damage, yet carbonaceous chondrite only gets vapourized when falling through the air! Why is it that space can bend, if it's empty? Or is it reall yempty. YES! RUN!
Old 02-28-2006, 02:06 AM   #462
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

NEVERMORE!
See you all tomorrow, I guess.
Best of luck to you all! And BTW, I think Hewlett-Packard is a useless, corrupt, pro-profit single-minded computer company-buyer/-monopolizer. Choice none!
Old 02-28-2006, 04:28 AM   #463
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Wait, I melted?

Maybe that's why I feel ill at the moment. Bleh.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 02-28-2006, 07:58 AM   #464
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Do any of ye mooters live in Cornwall?
Old 02-28-2006, 08:10 AM   #465
katya
Elven Maiden

No, but I could go for a bite of pizza. And also...

I have mentioned this before, but I wanna tell the guy I like that I like him but I don`t know exactly how. See, tomorrow is the graduation ceremony and the last opportunity I`ll have. But because it is his graduation and everything, and that`s a pretty big deal, the timing seems weird. When would be best? Before the ceremony, after, when? Anyone have any advice? You have until about 11 hours from now. Man, I should`ve just told him on Monday. But I hadn`t made up my mind yet. Ugh. Boys are.. yeah... [singing] otoko na-n-te la la la la
Old 02-28-2006, 09:04 AM   #466
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Been to Cornwall; love Cornwall; don't live there though I had considered it.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:08 AM   #467
katya
Elven Maiden

Ignored. -_-;

Where`s Cornwall, I wonder. What`s the big deal about Cornwall?
Old 02-28-2006, 09:17 AM   #468
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

It's a lovely rural area in England. Most sites connected with Arthur and Merlin are there, unless you subscribe to the Scottish connection. Rolling farm land and country lanes, great people. Just a really nice, peaceful area, IMO....similar to parts of Iga Ueno only much larger and more beautiful.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:19 AM   #469
katya
Elven Maiden

I see I see. You know, I was into Arthur and Merlin back in the day. I wanted to go to England just for that. Maybe I`ll try to go sometime.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:24 AM   #470
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
I have mentioned this before, but I wanna tell the guy I like that I like him but I don`t know exactly how. Anyone have any advice?
Well before would be good as you know where they have to be. Immediately after is usually pandimonium and with the grads wandering around congrad. all their friends, etc, IMO you could miss him then. By doing it before, he'll have something to think about and maybe after the ceremony-you two will talk.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:29 AM   #471
katya
Elven Maiden

That`s true. I was thinking that myself. It might be hard before too, because I actually don`t know where they`ll be, and all the students in lower grades are required to be in certain places too, but maybe I should try to find him then. After all, I`d rather not miss him completely. Thanks for the advice. Maybe I could use some "ochitsuke!" ocha though.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #472
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Hai! runs behind the counter and grabs some for Kayta. Now I've got to go shopping; off for a few hrs. Play nice
Old 02-28-2006, 09:35 AM   #473
katya
Elven Maiden

Doumo, doumo.

Heehee. "Kayta".
Old 02-28-2006, 10:54 AM   #474
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
Ignored. -_-;

Where`s Cornwall, I wonder. What`s the big deal about Cornwall?
Well if you check out the next but latest clues in Do You Know This they're about Cornwall so I figured a post here might draw Cornwallians out of the Mootian woodwork.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 02-28-2006 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:12 AM   #475
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

*Comes in and sits in a plac with good overall view in hopes of getting a glimpse of Lotesse's seamed stocking'd legs, and orders a cup of hot Russian Caravan*
Old 02-28-2006, 12:22 PM   #476
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Well before would be good as you know where they have to be. Immediately after is usually pandimonium and with the grads wandering around congrad. all their friends, etc, IMO you could miss him then. By doing it before, he'll have something to think about and maybe after the ceremony-you two will talk.
By doing this though he will have to sit through the ceremony thinking about it and might not enjoy it as much. Not to imply he doesn't or wouldn't like you in that way, you just don't want the poor guy to trip when he goes to accept his diploma. . Why can't i ever be here when trolls' bane is here. That guy is a riot.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:21 PM   #477
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Muhahhaaaa...

It lives.

I have succesfully resurrected a 1970's era Fury...

It moves...

Now I need to make it stop... that whole braking thing is complicated...

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Old 02-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #478
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Hey, they were great cars. You're most fortunate to have one-unless it's in cyber space.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:01 PM   #479
Blackheart
Elf Lord

It's real enough... I wouldn't worry about stopping power if it were just bits..

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...

Last edited by Blackheart : 02-28-2006 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Anyone got a really really BIG keyboard?
Old 02-28-2006, 02:18 PM   #480
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Do any of ye mooters live in Cornwall?
not far from cornwall
Closed Thread