FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:42 PM   #461
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian
i d say hes a god among gods!
Definately! He created the fantasy genre. How many gods has he therefore created!?

That's why I call him "the god of fantasy".
Old 02-02-2004, 09:52 PM   #462
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

Hmm.....convincing arguments, all around....but I think I'm casting in with SGH. Goodish sort of person, has her evil moments but very likeable in general.

Tolkien is a god. I refuse to lower Our High Exalted Ruler of All Fantasy to the humble status of President.

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Old 02-03-2004, 12:11 AM   #463
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Thanks Brian and Elenka

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-03-2004, 12:24 AM   #464
J.R.R.Tolkien
Sapling

I'd like to declare my candidacy for the Presidency of Entmoot. After seeing so much support and the fact that my stories are so well received, I feel I should be giving back to all of you, even if it means using this nasty technology we have here. I shall appreciate any help in running this campaign to defeat the impending evil of those who are vying for my true position. Always remember, faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens. In that respect, you can look at me as one of the Elder Kindred in their quest to live in representation of The One and the Valar. In regards to this election, I can only say this, it's a job that's never started that takes the longest to finish. Now let's run this campaign hard and win!

On that note, I would just like to leave you with one last parting note as my great loveable Bilbo so quaintly said before his departure: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Vote for me!
Old 02-03-2004, 12:49 AM   #465
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.R.R.Tolkien
I'd like to declare my candidacy for the Presidency of Entmoot. After seeing so much support and the fact that my stories are so well received, I feel I should be giving back to all of you, even if it means using this nasty technology we have here. I shall appreciate any help in running this campaign to defeat the impending evil of those who are vying for my true position. Always remember, faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens. In that respect, you can look at me as one of the Elder Kindred in their quest to live in representation of The One and the Valar. In regards to this election, I can only say this, it's a job that's never started that takes the longest to finish. Now let's run this campaign hard and win!

On that note, I would just like to leave you with one last parting note as my great loveable Bilbo so quaintly said before his departure: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Vote for me!
Is that you Nurv?

I hate to tell you, whoever you are, but you may get some flak for your user name. It's kind of a sacred thing around here.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-03-2004, 12:59 AM   #466
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

No, it is not nurv.

It is Dúnedain.

silly Dúnedain.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 02-03-2004, 01:01 AM   #467
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
No, it is not nurv.

It is Dúnedain.

silly Dúnedain.
Damnit! Blowing my cover like that, tricksey little hobbitses!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 02-03-2004, 01:29 AM   #468
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

LOL Dunedain! (I actually did consider doing that!) You were discovered quickly! However, you can still support Tolkien in this campaign, by wearing the Tolkien avatar!

But have you guys seen the newest newbie!

Edit: I meant the guy before Dunedain.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ

Last edited by Nurvingiel : 02-03-2004 at 03:21 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 02:43 AM   #469
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

sorry there Dúnedain

Wow, if i hadn't of said anything, everyone would think that the real tolkien was here posting, up out of his grave, campaigning to become the next president of entmoot.

like no one would guess that it was you (if not you, they would think nurv)

easy ip match.

Instead of supporting tolkien, you can support SGH (or whoever else i endorse after i hear their stances on the issues ). I gauruntee you that tolkien will not be an option for the election nor will write-ins be allowed.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 02-03-2004, 03:49 AM   #470
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

I knew it had to be another Mooter, just because of the timing. I couldn't figure out who though (even though it seems obvious now!)
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Old 02-03-2004, 03:58 AM   #471
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by HOBBIT
Instead of supporting tolkien, you can support SGH (or whoever else i endorse after i hear their stances on the issues ). I gauruntee you that tolkien will not be an option for the election nor will write-ins be allowed.
But... Tolkien!
Quote:
Old 02-03-2004, 04:06 AM   #472
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
I knew it had to be another Mooter, just because of the timing. I couldn't figure out who though (even though it seems obvious now!)
I don't see how anyone would have guessed it was me, other than the Admins who can run IP traces...
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 02-03-2004, 07:01 AM   #473
Fat middle
Mootis per forum
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by J.R.R.Tolkien

Vote for me!
You cannot present as candidate because you won't have the minimum of posts.

And don't try to get that minimum before the election or you'll be punished for spamming
Old 02-03-2004, 08:37 AM   #474
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Andúril
Same here. You supply the skimpy bikini, I'll supply the mud.
I myself won't compete, I've had enough Mud. We all remember the dirty Mud fights we had last year.

But I guess this is soon going to be a Mud wrestling competition too.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #475
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Lalaith:
We all remember the dirty Mud fights we had last year.
Oooh, please expound the rampant details, young lady--some of us were distracted by work and studies. Who did you fight? How much were you wearing? You say they were dirty--what do you mean by "dirty"?

Any video footage? I could do with some uncensored video footage, my precious.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:07 AM   #476
Lalaith
The Elvish Temptress

Quote:
Originally posted by Andúril
Oooh, please expound the rampant details, young lady--some of us were distracted by work and studies. Who did you fight? How much were you wearing? You say they were dirty--what do you mean by "dirty"?

Any video footage? I could do with some uncensored video footage, my precious.
http://www.entmoot.com/showthread.ph...hlight=Entmoot

*cough* This is the public dirt.

But in the secret preparation room of the wrestlers there were other things going on ... all I can say .... I had dirt where no dirt should ever be.

And I didn't wear too much. Not more than I do in my ususal avatar.

But that is not appropriate for elections *cough*
Old 02-03-2004, 10:51 AM   #477
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Wow...difficult, mu opinions

Jonathan - He'd work, and probably do quite a good job, but I'd be afraid of him being controlled by JD, (likely the only reason JD is NOT running)

Anduril - Hmmmm...couldn't say here

SGH - Well, she has not always proved to keep her word...after all first she says we're married, then she says we're not, but she is a good leader

Falagar - He assumes too much, I have not cast him as Legolas, I haven't even been sent his bio and picture...but again, good leadership skills...

Hector - He's probably a good choice actually, but maybe that would be giving him too much power, he's already directing LotR

Tolkien - Other than the fact that he's dead, there's no one better.

Could we just make Tolkien our honorary President, and then elect a real one?

Hmmmm...who would I vote for, I gues someone could nominate me...or not...I guess...but If you wanted to!

To be honest, If I was still able, I'd be more thann glad to run, as a Canadian with slightly different values than JD , and leadership experience in many things, I could be a most welcome president. I'd ask Ruinel to be my running mate, but she might say no. Ruinel?

My platform would also be fairness and equality among board members, while not taking away power from mods/admins. I would be constantly vigilant for spamming and flaming and install a giant hot tub in GM! I'd also like to create a newbie welcoming comittee to introduce and offer assitance to all newbies. Also, I would limit the power of using admin sticks of doom in a violent manner. In addition, I would like to instate at least once or twice per year, an entmoot wide activity (along the likes of the Mud Wrestling thread, but a panel of chosen mooters would choose the winner, rather than a single member, and judge other competitions.) I would strive for a casefire between Canadians and Americans (end the killing), and strive for peace in general. Vote Finrod Felagund for president.

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 02-03-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:27 AM   #478
gimli7410
the dumb stoner canuck

Quote:
Originally posted by Finrod Felagund
My platform would also be fairness and equality among board members, while not taking away power from mods/admins. I would be constantly vigilant for spamming and flaming and install a giant hot tub in GM! I'd also like to create a newbie welcoming comittee to introduce and offer assitance to all newbies. Also, I would limit the power of using admin sticks of doom in a violent manner. In addition, I would like to instate at least once or twice per year, an entmoot wide activity (along the likes of the Mud Wrestling thread, but a panel of chosen mooters would choose the winner, rather than a single member, and judge other competitions.) I would strive for a casefire between Canadians and Americans (end the killing), and strive for peace in general. Vote Finrod Felagund for president.

after hearing this ill vote for you, but that is if you run
"Trying is the first step to failure" Homer Simpson
"It isn't going to be easy"-jerseydevil
"only the good die young"
I AM CANADIAN

If the people lead, the leaders will follow.
Old 02-03-2004, 11:29 AM   #479
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by gimli7410
after hearing this ill vote for you, but that is if you run

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 02-03-2004, 11:30 AM   #480
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Last edited by Finrod Felagund : 02-03-2004 at 11:35 AM.
Closed Thread