Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 12:50 AM   #461
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Aerin heard Haldis's shout and jumped up quickly. Nothing would relieve her more than to leave, though she knew that leaving while her friends were in danger would be nothing short of cowardice. She headed toward the door and realized that Magor was left in the fight, and since all her other companions were going, he would soon be overpowered. Sighing, she stretched her arms out and sprinted toward the tangle of angry men.

She jumped in, punching the first one in his nose with her knee. He fell to the floor groaning, while the two other men backed up, apparently taken aback at the sight of the previously frightened elf fearlessly taking wing. Magor was fighting three men who were all his size or bigger on the far side of the card table. Aerin vaulted over it, tackling the man nearest her headfirst. She'd winded him and he didn't get up. Magor took the chance that Aerin's distraction had lent him and sent one of the other two men to the floor with both a bloody nose and a black eye. The last one now was facing both Aerin and Magor. Trying valiantly to put up a good fight, they had him lying face-first in Magor's unfinished pie in seconds. They turned around to find that the other men had strangely disappeared.

Aerin grabbed Magor by the wrist. "It's time we left. That was a fun little shendig for you, I suppose, but we need to get going. Haldis can decide in Radagast's absence whether or not you are going to be suitable for continuing with us on this journey. No doubt you can stay with us for the night."

By now, night was upon the little village. Aerin emerged to see Blossomshade leaning over the pub. "Is everything all right? Earthshaker and I could hear the ruckus you all made nearly half a mile away!" Aerin shook her head as though she had dirt in her hair.

"It's over now. Where is everyone?" Aerin looked around and couldn't seem to find them anywhere near the spot they'd agreed to meet.

Blossomshade indicated the forest. "They all headed off for a clearing there. They told me to wait for you, because they didn't want to meet those men again. I'll lead you. Don't forget your horses."

Aerin and Magor mounted the horses, Magor still leading his second, and they followed Blossomshade to the clearing where the other companions sat waiting.
Psalm 56:11

"Starbuck, what do you hear?"
"Nothin' but the rain, sir!"
"Then grab your gun and bring in the cat."

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Last edited by Midge : 09-15-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #462
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Nami threw a last good-night punch before making her escape from the mess that was the Inn, or at least used to be an Inn. Feeling a pang of guilt for the catastrophic destruction that had resulted in their fight, she made a short stop by the bar, giving the frightened barkeeper a few well-earned silver coins and a "Sorry!" before she sped off into the night with her own personal souvenir, a black eye.

The Captain Elf from Lorien was in a very good mood! Quickleaf had spent most of his time looking intensely at everything the Inn had to offer, occasionally exercising his right to beat up a local, but he cared not that he was bloodied or in pain. He could see again! Quickleaf saw the back of Hedrim and Borin as they made their exit and seeing that Nami was paying the bill he ran out too. No point in waiting for damage control!

Outside the air was fresh and cool and the crickets were chirping. The sky was bluer than he had remembered and the trees were fresh green. Even the grey dust of the ground looked healthy as Quickleaf jogged away from the lights of the town.

A little further up the path much of the company stood waiting save Nami. The two Ents stood towering in the moonlight still wondering how their small companions could make so much noise and troubles. Quickleaf was glad to see his companions. Aerin and a new face, though he thought he'd seen him punch himself around in the Inn. There was Haldis and Aelfwine, and Ellysa and Borin and Hedrim, and Abasi and Tabril and more. The elf even felt a tinge of joy to see Abasi, though it was just a very tiny tinge!

"Hedrim! What a fight! I think you are now officially banned from that Inn. Though I'm sure I won't exactly be receiving free lunches either!" Quickleaf grinned.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #463
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim laughed "Now that is certain" he paused "I see you have regained your vision, or you have been incredible lucky" he laughed.

"Also I now have lots of money" and he held up a bag laughing to himself.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.

Last edited by orithil : 09-15-2008 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:54 AM   #464
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Aerin and Magor arrived at the clearing less late than Aerin originally figured. Quickleaf, Hedrim and Borin were just arriving too, and Nami wasn't to be seen.

Once Nami did arrive, nearly everyone who'd been in the fight began laughing hysterically. Even Aerin, though noticably shaken by the fight, let out a chuckle. Magor on the other hand, was actually rolling on the grass. Those who hadn't been in the pub stood around and looked confused.

Finally, Blossomshade looked around at all the laughers and asked, "What's so funny?"

Make sure to check out the C.S. Lewis forum. Game threads, movie and book discussions and more!

Old 09-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #465
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

In a drunken stuper, Borin fought his way to the door screaming- "Outta my way! Ya buch of lazy, ruddy, slimy, ale-feeding paracites!!!"

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:52 PM   #466
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

"It's a good thing we got our supplies before you went and started beating up the locals," said Branwyn reproachfully.

The scholar's annoyance was either due to the fact that his fellows had wrecked the bar before he had had a chance to go there and have a drink, or because with everyone in the pub, he had been the only one to lug the supplies from the market to the stables and load them on the mules. Possibly it was both.

He continued: "I suppose now's as good as any time to leave and catch up with Radagast, before the villagers break out their pitchforks and chase us off. Are we all here?"
Old 09-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #467
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

After Magor had flown into the fight, Aelfwine had sighed. Then one of the locals came after her. She had rewarded him for his stupidity with a bloody nose and a fat lip. It brought back a fun memory of the fight she and Magor had gotten into with a couple of older boys. The resulting punishment she had received from Father was worth it. Hearing Haldis' shout, Aelfwine turned back to her childhood friend. Seeing Aerin was helping Magor escape from the drunken fools, she sidestepped several men and rewarding a couple more with various injuries before reaching the door. She arrived at the clearing just after Haldis. After the others finally joined them, she joined in the laughter. In the end, Aelfwine had to sit she was laughing so hard, mostly at Magor's grass rolling.
"That was," she breathed. "a bit on the fun side,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 09-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #468
orithil
Captain Jack

Hedrim looked over in the direction of the tavern. A large mass of people had formed outside the tavern armed with various items, Hedrim inhaled sharply. "You know I think we've had a lot of fun here, but we should probably leave...now" Hedrim said quickly. He saw the group begin to fan out looking for them he assumed.

Cortana: So have you got a plan to get out?
Master Chief: I was gonna shoot my way out. Mix things up a little.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:48 AM   #469
Coffeehouse

"Hedrim I think your right!" and the elf turned to Borin, the half-drunk hairball,
"Borin! You axe-wielding mad dwarf! How many bottles did you have!" Quickleaf sniggered, collecting the array of new things he had bought and stuffing them in his backpack.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:02 PM   #470
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

"Oh great!" Aelfwine muttered. She went over to her bags to check them.
"Magor, will you be coming with us? I really don't think this is the best place for you at the moment,"

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 09-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #471
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Magor looked up at the sound of his name.

"Aelf!" He said, equally surprised and excited. "I didn't know you were in on this gathering thing! I understand you are on a quest, but for what, I have not been told yet. However, I have been wandering long enough, and even what friendship your elf here has given to me has been more refreshing than the coolest bath on the hottest day. I would indeed like to join your group and assist you on your quest. Where is your leader?"

Aerin stood by, watching Magor laugh, then begin talking to Aelfwine as though they were long friends. She was vaguely surprised before remembering that both of them were from Rohan; it was very possible that they were indeed long time friends. She turned her head and saw Haldis. Hurrying over, she told Haldis what had been going on with Magor in order to get her advice.

"... I am afraid he wants to join our group. Since Radagast is not here, I count you with the title of Leader in this group. What would you say?"

Old 09-20-2008, 06:17 PM   #472
The Sasquatch of Fangorn
The Co-president of Entmoot - The Half-Dwarven Guardian of the Ancient Forest

Borin looked up at quickleaf "I don't know. I lost count at twelve." he said, stagering out of the tavern

"she turned me into a newt!!........but I got better."-Monty Python and the holy grail.

Thanks for breaking up the group Yoko!"- The reduced Shakespeare company.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory.
Fight Eagles fight, score a touchdown 1-2-3.

Hit 'em low,
Hit 'em high,
And we'll watch our Eagles fly.

Fly Eagles fly on the road to victory.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:08 PM   #473
Coffeehouse

"Twelve! Twelve bottles!? You're mad Borin" Quickleaf laughed spotting Nami running towards them. Nami's hair was glistening from the beer shower in the Inn.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #474
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

Nami laughed with the others, beer soaked hair plastered to her face. "That was fun, lets do that again!" Forgetting that Quickleaf and Hadrim had started a needless fight and that she was ment to be mad at them. Nami noticed Quickleaf pointing at her face, "What?" she asked between laughing, gingerly touching her right eye, "Oh...what...when did that happen?" A big fat black eye adorned her face promising pain in the morning. "Oh my eye hurts when i laugh!" she said between breathless giggles.
Nami cast a look behind her seeing the massing village, "Oh time to go!"
Old 09-21-2008, 06:28 PM   #475
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Glad that Radagast had left her bag (which had been full of scrolls) with the Company instead of carrying it with him, Aerin hurried over and grabbed from the quickly disappearing pile of belongings. She shoved her newly bought canteen in it and hooked it onto her saddle, knowing that because it was so empty, she needn't worry about it being jostled. She jumped onto her new horse and looked around for those of her company who might need a ride.

Magor, in the meantime, had also jumped on his horse and without looking back, rode away from the angry mob of villagers, simply following the rest of the faster company, such as Carnehilion and Hedrim, those with horses. He didn't know where they were going, though he knew that Aerin was behind him, but he meant to join this group on their quest and he couldn't risk having them lose him while on the run.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:33 AM   #476
Mari
Elf Lady

Rudely awoken from her sleep when the tree moved, Ellysa was now sitting on the back of a horse behind someone getting as fast away from the little town for some reason she did not understand. Still shocked by the tree suddenly moving and not fully awake yet, she had no idea what was going on, or where they were going. She was merely trying to hold on to the person in front of her as best she could.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 09-23-2008, 06:16 AM   #477
Earniel

Moving at a faster pace than his companions, Radagast had already reached the banks of the Celduin river. He used the days of solitary travel to think about all that had happened on this adventure and what was still to come. He felt somewhat disturbed. Not everything had quite gone the way he had wished. They had found a new clue about the fate of the Entwives, but the notes he had read in Dol Guldur still left much undecided. Would the Entwives still be where the Nazgul locked them up centuries ago? And what of this mysterious prison-guard?

Birds of all kinds and manners flew by, settled briefly on the head of his horse (much to the displeasure of said horse) and brought tidings to the wizard from the East as well as from friends in Greenwood. It brought another matter to his attention that worried him. Sirandion, captain of the Raft-Elves had reported seeing strange creatures, like the fëa of martens. They had moved in a strange cloud and had crossed the river without hindrance. The Raft-Elves had never seen anything like it. So the strange creatures that had escaped - or rather, been inadvertently released by Radagast- were going East as well! How curious, were they somehow connected to the mystery of the Entwives?

Radagast shook his head and concentrated again on the messages of the bird in front of him. He sent it back to Sirandion, signalling the arrival of his companions. Radagast knew Sirandion and his friends were on the river, somewhere between him and Greenwood, shipping their casks of wine from Dorwinion to Thranduil’s hall, Dale and the Lonely Mountain. The peace that the end of the War of the Ring had brought, had also brought prosperity to their trade. And the wines from Dorwinion were famed and well-loved for celebrations.

But the Raft-Elves would ship something else apart from wine too, if they agreed to Radagast’s request. Travel by boat was far more speedier than travel by roads in these parts, for there were precious little roads. The large and steady rafts of the Elves could cut days, if not weeks off their journey. It would at least solve one travel-problem for Radagast, but there was another more pressing one, which was why he now was travelling as fast as he could to where the Celduin and Carnen river met.

The Carnen river was far less suitable to use boats, so the Raft-Elves would not be able to transport them and from there they’d have to go on horseback again. But the Eastern Lands there were less dependable, more dangerous for foreign travellers. Ingwionis had brought tidings of war from the East. Radagast would need to get his companions safely through these contested lands, but he knew someone who could help him with that, someone who would be waiting for him at the Carnen river.

The wizard hoped he could settle the prickly issue of travelling through the Eastern lands before his companions arrived in turn at the meeting point on the river banks.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:01 PM   #478
Midge
Faithful Gardener

Aerin rode hard to catch up to the others in her company. Though she was on a horse and they were walking, she was far enough behind to still be able to hear the angry mob of villagers. She turned to make sure that the bleary Ellysa was hanging on tight and saw the girl looking around confusedly.

"Curse that Magor! Where could he have got to?" thought Aerin. She pushed her poor horse just a bit harder, promising to herself and it that she would reward it wonderfully when this was over, even if it meant VOLUNTARILY walking for a day or so instead of riding.

The villagers were slowly getting further away, but so, apparently, were their companions. If only she could have gotten Ellysa on the horse more quickly!

With a disgusted sigh, Aerin slowed the horse, both to give it and Ellysa a break from the hard riding. She became silent, listening for signs of their companions. Looking around, she turned to the left slightly and began following what was probably their trail.

Magor had a steadily worsening sick feeling in his stomach as he realized what he'd done. He'd turned tail and been a coward for someone who'd shown him kindness; this company probably had a very loose look-out-for-yourself policy that could be ignored at one's own discretion, and Magor began to feel that in this case, he should have ignored it. He'd been keeping up with Hedrim, on his fine rich horse (Magor was surprised it could go so fast considering the amount of adornment it bore) and suddenly he shouted to Hedrim, "I'LL BE BACK! WHERE ARE WE HEADED?" After getting an answer, Magor turned his horse and fled back towards the mob, where Aerin was, though why she'd not come following them immediately, he couldn't say.

"Has she got some thrill addiction or something?" he wondered out loud. He wouldn't have guessed it, from the way she sat in the pub during the fight, but she'd proved she could indeed fight when she came to his rescue; as little as he wanted to admit, he had needed her to jump in and help so he could leave that fight. "I hope it's not another hero we've got here, staving off the mob so we could all get away!"

As he got further and further away from where he left Hedrim, he wondered really if the elf hadn't gone crazy...

Old 09-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #479
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

At the camp of the raft-elves

"Yes, I used to know your uncle Galadhlin, Barufiniel," Sirandion said. "When he first moved here from Lorien, he worked with the Raft-Elves who were shipping goods between Laketown and Thranduil's halls - but later he joined us to work in the wine trade all the way to Dorwinion. It's sad that he fell during the Battle of Dale. He would have enjoyed seeing the trade prosper after the fall of Sauron."

"And now his daughter has left on another of the grey ships," Barufiniel said. "Her mother was killed by Orcs more than a thousand years ago - and now she was on her own, and preferred to go West. I accompanied her to the Grey Havens. The letter from the wizards arrived just as we were about to leave. I decided that under the circumstances it would be better to go with my cousin first. After all, I don't expect to see her again for centuries - perhaps not for millennia. So we had those last precious weeks of the journey together. I sent greetings with her for my own parents as well."

Barufiniel was silent for a few moments, her eyes becoming distant.

Then she spoke again, smiling at the captain of the Raft-Elves.

"I sent a message for Radagast, telling him I would try to catch up with him here," she said. "I have no idea whether he got the message or not. If not, I could be a nice surprise. Not that he really knows me - I have only met him very briefly, Gandalf was the one I knew. Living in Rivendell, I would see Gandalf ever so often. The first time I met him, I was able to help him in one of his endeavours, so that could be why he thought of me for this quest."

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen

Last edited by Varnafindë : 10-05-2008 at 08:52 AM. Reason: to add heading
Old 09-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #480
Earniel

"Mithrandir's judgement was seldom in error," Sirandion said. "Although I do not envy you for the quest you have chosen, Barufiniel. It seems the Entwives only live on in song now, and not all that is lost is so easily recovered," he added with a wry smile.

A thrush landed on a bush nearby, it fixed the Elves with a stare and released three short bursts of song. Then, its job done, it flew off to find itself a juicy snail.

Sirandion smiled. "That was Radagast's messenger, if I'm not mistaken. It seems within three days we'll meet your companions that Mithrandir has chosen. And quite a number it shall be. Radagast asked us to transport no less than two dozens, including mounts."