Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Books
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-07-2003, 09:27 PM   #441
Nerindel
Elven Warrior

What news did Legolas bring to the council of Elrond?
Éomer King of Rohan

Aa'menealle nauva calen ar'malta
Nerindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2003, 09:53 PM   #442
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

He was sent ot bring news of Gollum's escape?

Wanna play? www.thievesguild.com
Elvengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:02 PM   #443
Nerindel
Elven Warrior

Righto, Your question elvengirl
Éomer King of Rohan

Aa'menealle nauva calen ar'malta
Nerindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2003, 06:42 PM   #444
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

ok...hmm....What is Athelas and how did it come to Middle Earth?

Old 04-08-2003, 07:14 PM   #445
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
UGH I dont have my Fellowship book with me, but let me know if I'm close
Athelas was a healing herb brought to middle earth by the Numoreans (or whoever the people were who settled in what was the Barrow-Downs in the Third Age)
Old 04-08-2003, 07:43 PM   #446
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

very good
your go

Old 04-08-2003, 08:06 PM   #447
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Pffft. Numenoreans, not Numoreans.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:03 PM   #448
Elvengirl
Mirthful Maiden

right Gwaimir, I didn't catch that

Old 04-10-2003, 08:07 PM   #449
Firekitten2006
Elven Warrior

Location: the US of A! But I wish i was in austraila, never been, just think it would be a fun place to live :)
YIPPPE! lol i finally get one! hmmm can i think of one? What was the ancestry of the Hobbits (or where people think they came from) I'm not going to be back till Tuesday however, so if someone can tell whoever answers them if they're right or not that would be awesome Or you could just wait till i get back.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:20 PM   #450
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

The Stoors from the valley of the Anduin south of Rhovanion.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Cirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 10:46 PM   #451
TheWhiteRider
Elven Warrior

I can't seem to check this at the right time after a question is asked. I checked already twice today and another question was not asked yet, but now I get on, and it has already been asked and answered too. Hmmm...What I really need is one of those cell phones with internet access...btw, I think you are correct, but do not take my word for it.

"Begun, the Clone War has..."
~Yoda

"I can't see, as I'm facing your pitiful lies, don't have the strength, to carry your heavy load of lies."
~H.I.M.
TheWhiteRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2003, 10:53 PM   #452
Cirdan

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWhiteRider
I can't seem to check this at the right time after a question is asked. I checked already twice today and another question was not asked yet, but now I get on, and it has already been asked and answered too. Hmmm...What I really need is one of those cell phones with internet access...btw, I think you are correct, but do not take my word for it.
Same here. I've been missing it for over a week now. btw why can't I take your word for it? If I could I could ask you a question. Here's your big chance.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 04-10-2003, 11:14 PM   #453
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Go! Ask away!
Old 04-11-2003, 03:14 AM   #454
Cirdan

*not feel very inspired, but-*

Which character recalls that Gil-galad's name means starlight?

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 04-13-2003, 01:31 AM   #455
TheWhiteRider
Elven Warrior

I've looked in the book for about two hours, and couldn't seem to find it anywhere, but I'm going to guess that it was Frodo.Please tell me if i'm right.

~Yoda

"I can't see, as I'm facing your pitiful lies, don't have the strength, to carry your heavy load of lies."
~H.I.M.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:43 AM   #456
Cirdan

Quote:
I've looked in the book for about two hours, and couldn't seem to find it anywhere, but I'm going to guess that it was Frodo.Please tell me if i'm right.
Good guess! It's the third referenced page in the index under "Gil-galad". It's discussed right before Strider recount the tale of Beren and Luthien on Weathertop.

Your turn to ask a question, TWR.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 04-13-2003, 02:00 AM   #457
TheWhiteRider
Elven Warrior

cool!

ok, give the other name for Cruel Carahdras(sp), besides that, and The Redhorn. I think that it is the dwarvish name for it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ciradan

Good guess! It's the third referenced page in the index under "Gil-galad". It's discussed right before Strider recount the tale of Beren and Luthien on Weathertop.
oh, now I remember! *Smacks hand on forehead*

~Yoda

~H.I.M.
Old 04-13-2003, 02:38 AM   #458
Cirdan

Barazinbar.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 04-13-2003, 08:51 AM   #459
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Pfft... I knew the answer without having to even look for it. I posted it, but for some reason, my post hasn't shown (I swear I posted it). My whole comp is screwed now. I hope this hasn't happened for anything else. Seeing as I 'technically' answered first (cursed computer!), and Cirdan hasn't posted a question, can I ask one?

What are the four villages of Bree-land?
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 08:53 AM   #460
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Pfft... I knew the answer without having to even look for it. I posted it, but for some reason, my post hasn't shown (I swear I posted it). My whole comp is screwed now. I hope this hasn't happened for anything else.

Yup it really is stuffed. I haven't posted in the last 5 mins and now it's telling me that I can't post within 90 seconds of another one. *heads over to venting thread*
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote