Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-26-2003, 12:48 AM   #441
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

the two girls headed back to their group at a run, masking any sound of the retreat of the elf (someone needs to write a classical piece about that!) by stumbling along in the half-dark. freesia, who saw well in the dark, was better off than rose, and kept an eye on the footing ahead. "hello, we're over here!" shouted rose, and freesia joined in, making her yells heard as well. freesia winced as they ripped through bushes and delicate saplings, tearing leaves off in their haste to reach the group, thus leaving a trail of fluttering leaves and wounded shrubbery in their wake. she had a soft spot for plants and hated to injure them. mentioning this to rose, they both pulled and tucked their capes in as they ran, causing less damage as they went.
unicorn14br is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 12:56 AM   #442
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

freesia's wand, gripped enthusiastically in her right hand, was so excited that it was shooting purple and gold sparks before them, lighting their way. they leaped over a half covered log to tumble into their companions at full speed. when snape asked where they had been (he sounded worried in spite of himself), freesia quit paying attention and left rose to explain all that had passed to their irritable teacher while she viewed the rest of the group. gandalf, looking satisfied if still a bit dour, leaned on his staff to the left of the group, out of the danger of the merriment. arianna happily pounded rose on the back before realizing what she was doing, tucking her hands into her pockets, and backing behind snape embarrassedly. adrian baggins crouched, playing with her familiar, swift the wolf. for some reason, freesia wasn't surprised to see them, but that didn't influence how glad of their presence she was. there were two elves with them, and they came over to be introduced. she bowed at the first elf (who was presented as lyidraneal) and stepped back, startled, as the second elf came forward. eyes wide, she clutched the neck of her robes (was anyone else as surprised as she was?), stumbling backwards. the elf came closer, looking concerned, and offering his hand. before he could be introduced, freesia bumped into rose who turned to look. there was a quick intake of breath as she saw, too. freesia stepped clear of everyone (particularly the hand that was still outstretched) and whispered,"....harpbrindle?!.."

ooc: ya, i know it's a little late, but who cares! okie, c'mon people let's pull it back together! oh, and sicirus...in response to your question of why harpbrindle would want to threaten the girls, i ask: why would he be trying to leave Lothlorien unnoticed and be so terrified of being discovered that he threatened them? can ye answer me that, buckoe?
Old 01-26-2003, 01:08 AM   #443
Fred Baggins
Belladona Gamgee of the night sky

Location: second star to the right and straight on till morning.
ooc: Well, I'd love to, but unfortunaly, knowing so little about Harry Potter, I don't have a second character like most of you, just Frodo, and I have NO idea what's going on! *Glares* How can I do anything when I can't? *sniff* I'd love to, but I can't.
Pacha:Most likely.
Cusco:Bring it on.
~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`~`
Yes, I'm female. Fred Baggins is my NICKNAME!
"The reason of the unreasonable treatment of my reason so enfeebles my reason, that with reason I complain of your beauty."~Don Quixote
"Once upon a time there was a magical land where it never rained. The End."~from the movie 'Holes'
()_))_Crayola_))_>
Fred Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2003, 09:46 PM   #444
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc; He was running away because he did not enjoy staying in one location his whole life. he wanted to explore ME but was held back because his parents believed he was to young for such a thing to do.

ic; I wandered away from the two girls and listend as their footfalls faded away into the distance towards the trial. I listend for any other sounds then made my way towards the stream Nimrodel. i stopped at the stream to listen to its voice and removed my shoes to step once more in its silver clear flow. It was shockingly cold yet pleasent. It heald what weariness I had and gave me strength I needed to continue.
But when I crossed the streram i stopped and thought about how much those two girls were wanted to get back to their himes and familly. Their father Snape and Gandalf.
I always wanted to meet Gandalf. I thought to myself. Then my thoughts turned to how worried my parents woouuld be about me and how broken hearted they would be about my disappearence.

I sighd and decided maybe it was a bad idea to runaway. Maybe I could get my adventure by joining Gandalf. He went on lots of journeys. At that I ran across the forest towards the trail not stopping for anything. I hoped easily over the logs and small plants and rocks. I burst through the last bush startling the a tall man with shoulder length hair. A wolf growld at me and a hobbit hid behind a tall amn and elf dressed in gray.

The elf looked at me first angry then releived. Before he coyuld say anything the two girls stumbled out of the forest gasping for breath laughing at the sight of their familly. ( my character doesen't know that they are not your familly) One of the girls, the won who called herself Freesia stumbled back at the sight of me. I extended my hand and help her catch her balance.
"Hello again"
Old 01-27-2003, 02:05 AM   #445
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

okie then

darn! i was gonna give harpbrindle a twin! though i dunno if elves have twins. lol, oh well, i guess that harpbrindle could join our company.....by the way, what happened to cody?
Old 01-27-2003, 07:02 PM   #446
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: i was actually thinking the same idea. Want me to change it and use a twin. Elrond has twins for sons. Cody is with the elves. She was picked up after her transformation and was put to healing in Charadras.

ic:This is the new addition to the story replacing the last post i did. Plus I am to lazy right now to edit. In short I have no homework tonight.

I left the two girls in hast hoping to never look opone the lands of Lothlorien in till I am forgotten.
"Harpbrindle?" asked a young girl who had stumbled backwards from the sight of me.
"My brother? No sorry me' lady but I am belegborn(Mighty tree. I always wandered what Beleg meant. Oh and no their names don't show simularities like most siblings)
I grabbed the young girl by the arm and helped her balance upright again. She looked at me and then shook her head. "Your twins?"
"Yes." I replied laughing.
"By the way you seem to know of my brother we have not seen him for some time. Or at least since yeater eve. Did you see him anywere? Our parents are worried for his safty. My brother seeks adventure and freedom from what he calls "Prison among trees and hights. He threatend to runaway but we did not think he would."
Old 01-28-2003, 11:35 PM   #447
Silverstripe
Empress of the Writewraiths

Location: Running around somewhere inside my head. So what are YOU doing here?!
Rose winced internally. She knew Freesia was on the spot now, and wanted to come to her rescue. But Rose was very bad at lying to people, and she would have to lie to this elf to answer his question, for she had promised Harpbrindle she wouldn't tell his kin "of his whereabouts."

So in the end, Rose decided it was best to let Freesia handle the question. At any rate, Rose soon had her own problems to worry about.
Silverstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 03:30 AM   #448
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

lets

ic: "...harpbrindle?!..." whispered freesia. the elf frowned, and shook his head, saying, "my brother? no, i am sorry, my lady, but i am belegborn."
belegborn reached out and grasped freesia's forearms, steadying her as she balanced her weight more evenly on both feet. relieved, freesia looked up at the elf, blue eyes wide. she shook her head in awe of the resemblance, and asked,"you are twins, then?"
"yes," replied the elf with a merry laugh. he's much happier than harpbrindle. maybe it has to do with not being afraid of whatever it is that he was afraid of...realized freesia. then a thought struck her, she'd already given harpbrindle away, when she and rose had promised not to. an excuse had to be thought up quickly,....or it was raps for harpbrindle.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:32 AM   #449
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

but the twin was speaking,"...you seem to know of my brother, but we have not seen him for some while... not since yester eve. have you seen him anywhere? our parents are worried for his safety, because he threatened to leave. My brother seeks adventure and freedom, away from what he calls a "prison among trees and heights." but we did not think he would truly run away..."
freesia glanced at rose, who reddened slightly and turned away. no help there, but then perhaps it was better as such; they couldn't muddle anything and mix their words up this way. but they would have to get their stories straight before either of them was questioned..."oh---ah--talk about deja vu!" she burst out, on a sudden inspiration, telling what she hoped sounded like a plausible explanation,"i don't know harpbrindle, exactly, but i have been having this dream lately, with lots of elves in it. then, suddenly, i see a face that looks just like you. the elf is speaking , but the only word i hear is harpbrindle....so i've just been calling my dream character harpbrindle. i hope it was only circumstancial... i wouldn't want to offend anyone..." she trailed off, waiting to see if her words had a desireable effect.the story about the dream wasn't entirely untrue. she reasoned, yes it did have elves, many elves, and then one standing out in the crowd. the elf (who looked nothing like either harpbrindle or belegborn) was speaking, and it was true that the only words she could hear in the dream were spoken by him. nevermind that they were, "Et tu, Brute.", but no one else needed to know that.
Old 01-29-2003, 03:34 AM   #450
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

the elf appeared slightly perplexed. then,"what is dee-javuh?" he asked.
she almost laughed in relief. glad of a question that she could answer, freesia carefully pronounced the word for the elf, and explained,"day-jah voo. it's a.... ahh--premonition...seeing or dreaming something before it happens. so, at any rate, mayhap i should pay more attention to my dreams! i beg pardon for my less than cordial greeting, i was merely startled." she inclined her head in a polite gesture, half nod, half bow, and the elf bowed in return and murmered something to the effect of "it was nothing, my lady...no need to appologise." before straightening and stepping a little to her right.
as the rest of the group returned to greeting each other, a voice whispered in her ear, "i hope only that i do not startle you so much in the future, lady. it was rather disconcerting."
Old 01-29-2003, 03:38 AM   #451
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

belegborn's light blue eyes gleamed with suppressed laughter, and freesia sheepishly grinned before answering,"i hope so, too. it was rather uncomfortable to have to explain something like that... i don't usually share my dreams with anyone, but an explanation seemed to be necessary at that moment. and i'm not lady, so don't call me one. lady implies grace and hospitality. i prefer falling out of trees, off of horses, into ponds, and wearing breeches to skirts (skirts are so impractical!), so just call me freesia... everyone else does." her eyes glinted with mischief and she put her hands on her hips before saucily adding,"or else!"
belegborn chuckled before good-naturedly agreeing that 'lady ' was too formal for companions on the road. then, rose walked over with both of the girl's packs, pulling out a blanket and handing it to freesia. the elf, flashing rose a friendly smile, said,"goodnight, and rest well!", before sauntering back to the main group where a small fire had been started beside the road.
"good story," whispered rose, vehemently," now, let's get ours straight. we can say we just got lost..."
the girls put their heads together, as they sat on their bedrolls, planning, until arianna joined them with plates of stew for dinner.

ooc: okie, so i had nothing else to do except write, but maybe we'll actually get somewhere now! and gawblimey, i can't spell! it's *apologise*! i apologise for my misspelling!
Old 01-29-2003, 08:42 AM   #452
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

ooc: Awww how sweet are you trying to make Belegborn flirtty? I don't mean this message as a bad message. Its just amusing.

ic:Aragorn: "We should travel towards Lorien for that is the one place Gandalf was planning on taking rest. We will find friends among those lands."
"Lorien?" Asked Marry and Pippin in unesin(sp)
"Yes The fair lands of my kin. Many tails have been told of those lands. many a song song." Said Legolas.

The company mades its way towards the edge of the woods of Lorien(ooc;This is just going to move things up for them a bit)
"This looks like foot prints of those wizard folk."said Gimli peeriong at the forest trail.
"They must have fallen into Middle Earth and Gandalf must be leading them into safty." replied Aragorn.
"We shall follow and seek it ourselves. I would love to see the lands of my kin." replied Legolas.
The company started off into the forest fair and rich under the dimshinning sun.

ic: Belegborn: The new two members of the company were strange to me and the one who wished to be called Freesia tod me tails of her land. I listend for I had never heard of the kin of the wizards or witches. The company sang many songs some of elven toungh and some of the toungh of men.
The songs the one called Snape and Freesia as well as Rose and Adrian were strange and fun to sing. Simple but made you laugh at all of the verses.
(I have to go. I will conitnue later)
Old 01-30-2003, 12:00 AM   #453
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

(now I shall continue)

ic: Belegborn: Snape who seemed to be a bit of a leader of the strange group was declared to me as their teacher. He was notof my trusting though I was reassured by Gandalf that he was good. (At heart he added quickly) Snape seemed to favor a girl named Nott aalot and neglected Rose and Freesia and Adrian as though they were below him in a strange mannor.
But I liked the three girls who never shutted up no matter how much I wanted them to(Just kidding )
But I liked the three girls each telling me things that I would have never found out of anyone else. Adrian strocked her large wolf and listend silently as Rose told of an accident in Potuions class that made them both laugh out loud merrily.
Rose then looked at Freesia, Her expression turned to fear and worry.
"What about Cody?"
"Yeh we never did see her again after her run in with the er.... "
"Runawayhorse." Added Rose quickly remenbering the promise of the elfs identity.
Old 01-30-2003, 12:46 AM   #454
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

*severely* since when does friendly and good natured turn into flirty? i'll have you know, i was only trying out a new personality type. different characters require different ways of writing. likkle snot! you're just jealous!
Old 01-30-2003, 01:23 AM   #455
Silverstripe

ooc: Also, Snape is not neglecting either Rose or Adrian. Adrian is something of an all-around teacher's pet (not really her fault) and, well, let's just say Snape does have reasons to not ignore Rose.

ic: "I hope Cody's not in trouble. I think I should..."

"Don't you dare try to go after her alone," snapped Snape. (couldn't resist that pun. LOL.)

Freesia nodded, and the determined look on her face told Rose that if she did try that, Freesia would follow her.

Rose sighed. "All right, but we do need to find her, you know."

"We will all search for your friend. None of you should leave the group again. You are not familiar with this world." said Gandalf.

"If we look for Cody Timber together, will you agree not to wander off by yourself again, Rose?" asked Snape. "And Freesia," he added as an afterthought.

But assent was not an option here. It was required, and both girls knew it. If no one else could prevent them from exploring on their own, Gandalf or the elves would.

Rose nodded. She was still very worried about Cody, though, and her concern showed plainly on her face.

Last edited by Silverstripe : 01-31-2003 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 01:22 PM   #456
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Quote:
Originally posted by unicorn14br
*severely* since when does friendly and good natured turn into flirty? i'll have you know, i was only trying out a new personality type. different characters require different ways of writing. likkle snot! you're just jealous!
ooc: Ok first of all I was joking.
Second of all I was trying to put Snape back in.
And Third of all will you please restrain yourself from calling me names?
Its rather annoying and childish (though I am not aware of your age) But I am sure you are old enough to respect others. Even when they make a mistacke. I was only joking I knew you were not being flirty thats why I put the smillie to indicate that I was not serious. I must mention I go to an annoying school with enough childish people already I really do not need it hear.

Last edited by Sicirus : 01-30-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Sicirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 01:24 PM   #457
Sicirus
Elf Lord

Strider

Sorry double post.

Last edited by Sicirus : 01-30-2003 at 01:26 PM.
Sicirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:08 PM   #458
Silverstripe

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicirus
ooc: Ok first of all I was joking.
Second of all I was trying to put Snape back in.
And Third of all will you please restrain yourself from calling me names?
Its rather annoying and childish (though I am not aware of your age) But I am sure you are old enough to respect others. Even when they make a mistacke. I was only joking I knew you were not being flirty thats why I put the smillie to indicate that I was not serious. I must mention I go to an annoying school with enough childish people already I really do not need it hear.
Well, I'm pretty sure that Unicorn was joking, too. I think she just forgot her smilies.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:07 PM   #459
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

freesia crossed her fingers behind her back and said,"oh, okay. i won't go now."
snape didn't notice the emphasis on the last word. rose did, and she nudged freesia hard in the ribs with an elbow. rose raised her eyebrows menacingly; freesia grinned back impishly. as snape turned to address gandalf, rose grabbed freesia's arm and yanked her over into the shadow of a tree. "what are you doing?" she whispered harshly.
Old 01-31-2003, 01:14 PM   #460
unicorn14br
Elven Warrior

freesia put her grin back in her pocket and said,"this is a precaution. i said i wouldn't go now. so i wasn't lying. i was promising not to go at that instant. but they (meaning the rest of the group) don't seem to think that finding cody is pressing. gandalf said to be careful of everything we say and do; that means be careful of our promises. and if something happens to either snape or gandalf, then i won't be bound by my word to sit on my todd while the world goes on without me. I can go looking for cody. you and ari and adrian can come looking for me. and if you happen to stumble across cody, then what a coincidence! besides,"freesia added, noting the increasingly stubborn look on rose's face,"i may not even need to go looking. if we find cody soon enough. i just want to make sure i can do something."