Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 12:26 AM   #441
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanx! Yeah, I love putting up pix and comics and stuff, it's my thing I guess you could say. I used to live in BC - have you heard of a little town called Sooke?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-03-2005, 12:27 AM   #442
olorin hamfast
Hobbit

I am still getting used to how all this works. Hope im not getting off to a slow start
Old 10-03-2005, 12:30 AM   #443
olorin hamfast
Hobbit

yes.. i just finished planting a wack of trees up in watershed lands. Pretty dramatic up there at the topmost point of the potholes. Too bad they did such a fine job logging it; it mustve been really beautiful when it had trees up there. Have you been tot he potholes and are there treees inLA?
Old 10-03-2005, 12:31 AM   #444
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Here's a Canadian comic 4 U, olorin! Try the Trivia threads, and pop into the Teacup Cafe if you'd just like to talk about anything. P.S. - yes, there are trees in L.A., silly goose! No, I haven't been to the potholes; anyway I was pretty young when I lived in Canada...

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-03-2005 at 12:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:46 AM   #445
olorin hamfast
Hobbit

Sweet, Very sweet. I like that one. For some reason i picture LA as tree less zone. Ive seen alot of trees in the past month so Im counting them as I go to sleep at night. Trees and dollar signs... Ill take up your suggestion and try a cup of tea. See you thee and nice to meet'cha, Lotesse landr'
Old 10-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #446
Lil_Roo
Sapling

Hiya

Hi there everyone - I am new to the site and it looks a lot of fun! Can't wait to get into some of the threads and I'll no doubt speak to a lot of you in the future
Old 10-04-2005, 12:45 PM   #447
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Hello, Welcome 2 the Moot, Lil Roo! What a sweet name! My alter-alter ego is Eeyore (my alter-ego is Viv, but that's another story - literally! it's my RPG character) anyway, nice to see you, newbie! Welcome...

Old 10-05-2005, 12:26 AM   #448
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

A big welcome to Kafei!

I happened to see you online and thought "yes, I finally caught Kafei!" But I was thinking of Majora's Mask. THat quest took me forever to figure out. Is it where you got your name from?

Either way, welcome, and keep posting!
Old 10-05-2005, 01:35 AM   #449
Kafei
Sapling

It's amazing how much Ringers have in common. Yep, the name's from Majora's Mask. I always thought he was an interesting character. Thanks for noticing me. I look forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:59 AM   #450
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Kafei! Welcome to the Moot! I saw you over there in the Lyrics thread, mentioning Natalie Merchant. Nice 2 see you!

Old 10-07-2005, 01:26 AM   #451
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Hallo, Bran!! Welcome, welcome, WELCOME 2 the Moot! I saw what you had to say, just now, in the "His Dark Materials" thread, which I only read because (you,) a newbie had posted in it. Well, I give you a HEARTY and enormous, flower-filled, anything-you-want welcome! Pop by the Teacup Cafe whenever; we shall make you a drink or a dinner, Dragazzo the baby dragon and me.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:26 AM   #452
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Hey there lil roo and Kafei! Welcome to the moot, may to grow and take roots! Welcome!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:54 AM   #453
Kafei
Sapling

Thanks for your hospitality. Everyone I've met so far has been awesome. Lotesse, I meant to tell you that nataliemerchant.com is a good source for sampling Ophelia and Motherland. All songs available (My Skin, Break Your Heart, Motherland) are great. I still don't get Henry Darger, though. Just click on "Sound" atop the page to listen if interested.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Omnia nuda et aperta sunt ante oculos Eius"
Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 PM   #454
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Hey Kafei, thanks for being in "Prancing Pony"! Hope you stay around for a long time, so that you can say things like this:
YAHOO!! 500 POSTS!!!! I'M AN ELF LORD!!!
Sorry, I got a little carried away.
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 10-08-2005, 01:00 PM   #455
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafei
Thanks for your hospitality. Everyone I've met so far has been awesome. Lotesse, I meant to tell you that nataliemerchant.com is a good source for sampling Ophelia and Motherland. All songs available (My Skin, Break Your Heart, Motherland) are great. I still don't get Henry Darger, though. Just click on "Sound" atop the page to listen if interested.
Welcome, Kafei! I'm best to avoid, if you don't like Mars, terraforming, tea or classical music (if that's the case best keep away from hectorberlioz, too ). Just kidding...except for the list I gave...

Entmoot is a very hospitable place! It's kinda obvious if you visit the Teacup Cafe, as long as you ignore some recent, um, disagreements...

Congrats, Curubethion! Your accomplishment shall be celebrated by EDDIE firing a salute in the direction of Alderaan.
Fire!
*BOOM*
I really did not mean to do that...
I was supposed to do that next week--*crosses off calendar*--but I guess it save me the trouble.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 10-08-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:49 AM   #456
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Hi! I've been here since September, but I only came across this thread just now. Just want to say I really like Entmoot, and all the ppl here, and hope to post here for many days...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 10-16-2005, 10:51 AM   #457
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Welcome, Serenoli!
You have a cute avvie.
I liked your posts in the Books forum. Stay with us !
Gordis
Old 10-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #458
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Thanks, Gordis, I very much think I will stay...
And I liked your posts in the Calling All Nazgul RPG... it was like reading a book, a lot of fun.
BTW, this was the first time I've come across female Nazgul!! And some of them very likeable too... like Gordis, and Viv... also Udu... not at all like Nazgul, somehow

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 10-16-2005, 02:11 PM   #459
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Thank you, Serenoli. I am happy you enjoyed my posts, as writing is always difficult for me. I am new to it, I started only last summer.

Nazgul are basically Men, great Kings of Men, so I don't see why they can't have as complicated and diverse personalities as other humans. In LOTR they are portrayed from the point of view of little frightened hobbits, or hostile Elves, or enemy Men. Tolkien never allowed us to "overhear" what they were talking about between themselves.

As for female nazgul, I am afraid, they can be found only in our RPG.

It you like our RPG, we will be happy to have you. We need more players, surely, and you have shown a good knowledge of Tolkien's works to be able to play easily.

Actually, I was not the first to think of inviting you. Our High King, with his eyes of an Eagle, common in the Line of Elendil, as well as among the Entmoot moderators , has spotted you reading our RPG. He left you an invitation in the Discussion thread:
HERE is Val's post

So, Serenoli, please, give it a thought. You may take one of existing public characters or develop your own. Just post your ideas in the Discussion thread.

Hoping to hear from you soon,
Gordis

Last edited by Gordis : 10-16-2005 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:43 PM   #460
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, Serenoli, and Welcome 2 the Moot! I am happy to see someone new is interested in our 'Nazguls' RPG! I'll have to go read those book forum posts Gordis mentioned you did; it's always exciting when potentially great newbies are interested in the story & might want to join.

Closed Thread