Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:34 AM   #441
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_Flynn View Post
Don't worry, I don't want kids anyway, so we won't have any on the island spoiling our escape... And we'll only have occasional sparrow messages from yours
lol People without kids get old in all the bad ways, and none of the good.

I never see one of those people who buy Halloween costumes for their dogs without thinking what fun they missed.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #442
katya
Elven Maiden

I don't want kids either (for now at least but likely ever) Sis, but I swear I won't get old! I'm not getting old, I won't let it happen! I'll have surrogate children when I'm a teacher. And nieces and nephews and stuff. And ... you know, kitty. I'm not getting old though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_Flynn View Post
Coffee... that's it, we're going! Don't worry, I don't want kids anyway, so we won't have any on the island spoiling our escape... And we'll only have occasional sparrow messages from yours
If there's sparrow messages involved, count me in.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #443
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Empress, you're in the southwest? Have you been down to Devon?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #444
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Well.. I would never buy a Halloween costume for my dog, so no need to worry about that! :P

And I think I'm a good mixture of mature and childish as I am and I don't plan on changing

The idea of having kids just freaks me out... especially after I became an aunt in 2007...

No, I haven't been to Devon yet... we kinda don't have a car right now so that limits travel... but we want to get to everywhere as soon as we have a car again... At the moment I'm right around Portsmouth

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Last edited by Empress_Flynn : 10-07-2008 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:36 AM   #445
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

I'll have some cake if there's any left! *Has no inhibitions about eating too much cake*

Hehe good good you've got the whole island atmosphere. I am packed and ready!

Can't wait till I'm sailing around that dazzling island on my little, reed-raft, fishing fish that look good and singing songs like Tom Bombadil that are meaningless Also, beach volleyball is an annual event at this island. Not compulsory tho. Nothings compulsory! Total anarchy Beneath the sun!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:38 AM   #446
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya View Post
I don't want kids either (for now at least but likely ever) Sis, but I swear I won't get old! I'm not getting old, I won't let it happen! I'll have surrogate children when I'm a teacher. And nieces and nephews and stuff. And ... you know, kitty. I'm not getting old though.
If I showed you my friend on facebook who's just like that...

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 10-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #447
katya
Elven Maiden

Does the beach volleyball involve scantily clad women? *hopeful*

I'm all for Tom Bombadil songs. Hey wanna know something? Every time I re-read FotR I always stop at Tom Bombadil for a long time because I don't wanna leave his nice house. No way.

What do you mean Sis? Is she crazy? Am I doomed?
Old 10-07-2008, 11:40 AM   #448
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Anarchy Beneath the Sun would be a great band/album title... hmm...

Lol... I'll help cook what you catch and hopefully you can help me catch stuff

We can find a nice waterfall cove and swim and explore the island! And there will be no weird smoke monsters or the Others!

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 10-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #449
Coffeehouse

Well yeah! This island is clothing optional! Everyone will look good in a tan and if you prefer clothing then I'm sure there is some excellent palmleaf material to be used

There's also a really great cliff in the middle of the island where you can see everything and watch the starry skies at night! And this island has the best selection of fruit trees. Oranges, bananas, papayas, mangos, avocados, litchis, you name it

And a waterfall yeah that is a must! There's also a hot spring! Ideal for late night baths when it's slightly chilly. The sand on this island is perfect. There are no hard rocks. It's all neatly pulverized pure, white sand

I think Anarchy Beneath the Sun should be our island-band. I'm sure we can make some cool instruments!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #450
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

*plans on packing modern medicines for the castaways and waiting for a call from the coconut phone*
No, she's not "crazy' in any negative way. She's my friend, I told you. She was a truly great teacher, and has recently changed careers because the administrative issues got to her. She has albums up of her playing with the neices and nephews, and visiting Ren Faires as a wench.

But I can promise you, if you looked at her, you'd say she was old, and you wouldn't want her life.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 10-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #451
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

We can make them with coconuts! and I'm sure there will be some good grassy materials for strings...

It'll be a great band...

This is the most perfect island... are there animals?

Old 10-07-2008, 11:48 AM   #452
katya
Elven Maiden

Ok, sparrow-messages, clothing optional, nice clean sand (that doesn't get all over everything), I'm sold. I'm getting an island next door.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #453
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

We can take trips to see each other, katya!

Swimming all day... getting tan and toned... eating fruit..

It'll be like The Blue Lagoon...

With less incest...

Old 10-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #454
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

lol, Empress. I doubt many here got that reference.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 10-07-2008, 11:52 AM   #455
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
*plans on packing modern medicines for the castaways and waiting for a call from the coconut phone*
No, she's not "crazy' in any negative way. She's my friend, I told you. She was a truly great teacher, and has recently changed careers because the administrative issues got to her. She has albums up of her playing with the neices and nephews, and visiting Ren Faires as a wench.

But I can promise you, if you looked at her, you'd say she was old, and you wouldn't want her life.
Ren Faires sound fun. Administrative issues sound like hell. I'll deal with it though. I think it's possible not to get "old" though. My aunt Jane is a good example. She's not old at all and she never had kids. As long as you don't stop thinking I think there's a good chance not to get old.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:53 AM   #456
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt View Post
lol, Empress. I doubt many here got that reference.
Hehe... you did, and that's all that matters

Old 10-07-2008, 11:55 AM   #457
katya
Elven Maiden

I didn't get the reference, Empress, but I'm sure it was very clever. I'm all for eating of the fruit though.

Lots of cross-posting. I kind of like it though. At least it's not dead.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:56 AM   #458
Coffeehouse

Haha yeah we can exchange fruits and fish and local island songs Katya

The sand is of a kind that simply falls off when it is supposed to!

There are some animals. Some birds too, but only ones that look good and which sing cool chirpy songs

Btw I saw that movie when I was younger hehe. Our island is ten times better. And no incest!:P

Last edited by Coffeehouse : 10-07-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:58 AM   #459
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Lol... I can explain the Blue Lagoon thing if anyone wants

We can have island parties!

And Moot members can come and stay if they need a break from the world...

Old 10-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #460
katya
Elven Maiden

Sounds like a drug. Instead of drinking I will just go to my own deserted island. Sounds good to me. Probably be a lot better for my body and soul. And there's sand that falls off when it's supposed to and that's just awesome.

Edit: btw Sis, do you accept mooter friends on FB? I didn't think so but I thought maybe 'cause you mentioned it...

Last edited by katya : 10-07-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Closed Thread