Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #441
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I know Tol is now trying to make the Orrodel crew less suspicious, so if taking Rian's room is the natural course, he'll take that. And as housekeeper, he can keep an eye on Lily anyway... he doesn't really need to be on the same floor. He can always potter around with some excuse or other...

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 01-24-2006, 07:36 PM   #442
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

quick, someone post! I feel an angsty post coming on unless we get some more action ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:23 PM   #443
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

dear lord, not that! I'll think of something.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:29 AM   #444
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Rian, you could post something to the effect that the Tyaron group wonders what horrid presence is nearby able to turn air icy cold.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:10 AM   #445
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

I have posted, and though there's not much action in it, maybe it will save Rian from an angsty post?

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 01-25-2006, 11:10 AM   #446
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Sorry, guys, I will be unable to post for about a week. Have a nice time.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:19 PM   #447
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

Sorry I haven't got my placeholder filled yet guys, I have a geography essay to write by Friday which I need to get on and write.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 01-25-2006, 07:49 PM   #448
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Placeholder #756 (I think) is filled. Apologies for length I spend an hour on cutting the discussion but it still is long. My discussions always get long. Fne.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #449
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Lovely post. Now our dear Lady of the marsh is aware of things....
Old 01-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #450
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Eärniel - no apologies needed - I always enjoy your posts, and the longer the better! Funny gull

Gordis - enjoy your break - I look forward to your return

Serenoli - Poor Jas! Nice descriptive post with his altered memory. It kept off my angsty post for a day, but I had to write something about the cold room like GW wanted, so ....

GW - done! I worked your cold thing into the post

Lotesse - aren't you glad the winds have died down? We had trucks blowing over on the freeway in my neck of the woods. Was it that bad where you were?

Udu - where are you? Do you want to have Sapthan come to Rian's house to see some more books?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 01-26-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #451
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Earniel - Just read your post #756; it is terrific! Anything involving conversations with witty birds, and set in a beautiful location, I'm all ears to. I love Faenn the Gull. That was great foreshadowing, too.

Rian - Very nice!

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Last edited by Lotesse : 01-26-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #452
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Nice post about Jas, Serenoli. Why won't you make old Bumble come over for a drink? And tell about his funny commerce class?

Nice post, Rian.

Earniel, liked your post, especialy the way the gull warned you without revealing anything of the actual happennings.

Not sure what to post. "Mes antiques" are growing stale. If you want Lilly to do something, Serenoli or Lotesse, feel free to use her. I am somewhat busy till the end of the month.

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 01-26-2006 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:55 PM   #453
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Udu - where are you? Do you want to have Sapthan come to Rian's house to see some more books?
Rian, I have had the plague for over a week and have been running a fever. Been too out of it to post at all. Went to the doctor Monday and he was worried about pneumonia. I am now on antibiotics, the whole scene. When I am feeling better, I will be back to posting. Feel free to include Sapthan in anything you write.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:01 AM   #454
Rían

wow! I'm sorry to hear that!! I hope you feel better soon!

Old 01-27-2006, 04:03 AM   #455
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Thanks, Rian. Very nicely done.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:36 AM   #456
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Are we all just breathing a collective sigh? May be helpful to us all... I'm still catching up from being sick and then going out of town.

About the pirate ships:

I DO plan to have some "reasonable" means to find out. Please keep in mind the leeway that you Nazgul have been given in regards to all the things you do though. If I need to make use of my sword or some other special means - it'll probably be to equalize an imbalance a little further.

In any event, please remember that one of the player characters in the game is King of the land in question. Any attack on the land become that player's responsibility. Wouldn't any of you want that if our positions were switched?

Besides - this whole thing seems a little odd. The day after the ML decides he needs to 'teach Val a lesson' about the importance of sea-power, an attack force he requested months ago lands at Lond Daer Enid.

And... I don't know if you Nazgul players have thought through very well the implications of all of this. Do you not see the ... natural repurcussions? I begin to.

I see that several players are somewhat 'spoiling for a fight' in all this. I don't quite get that, but maybe we can work it into the King's defense of the city.

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 01-27-2006, 04:08 PM   #457
Rían

I think part of it is waiting for you to get back, since the defenses that the pirates would encounter are in your character's hands.

Udu and Gordis made the posts that started it - maybe you guys can work something out via PM with anyone else that wants to be involved.

Or you can just post today that your intelligence forces that were already in place discovered them, and there happened to be a force of 10,000 fighting men right on the spot (they were holding a reunion party or something) and they killed them all.

Personally, I think a compromise from both sides would be best. My characters are out of this loop, though, so I'll stay out of it to keep things simpler.

Old 01-27-2006, 04:09 PM   #458
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Oy! Forget the sword, you have three very loyal men out traipsing around in patrol! Use them! I give you full permission, granted you let me write in my thing for Raendil. They have a falcon and I think you as king can fiddle around in their heads a bit!
Old 01-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #459
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valandil
Besides - this whole thing seems a little odd. The day after the ML decides he needs to 'teach Val a lesson' about the importance of sea-power, an attack force he requested months ago lands at Lond Daer Enid.

And... I don't know if you Nazgul players have thought through very well the implications of all of this. Do you not see the ... natural repurcussions? I begin to.
Everyone knows how slow is our game. If the ML sends a messenger to Umbar and then the fleet comes it will take two months RPG time. Do you think we EVER get that far???
So let us work under the assumption, that the ML decided to prove to Valandil the necessity to build a fleet as soon as he learned that the King is coming to study to Tharbad. After all, it was not difficult to assume that Valandil had no interest in the fleet: What prevented him to build it in half a century he had been ruling Arnor?

As for "natural repurcussions", note that NO ONE in the pirate fleet knows about nazgul in Tharbad. They only know that the ruler of Umbar, Fuinur, has sent them there for a raid, promising rich booty.
Even Fuinur himself has no idea that the ML is in Tharbad as a Chancellor of the University. He only got a bird coming frome somewhere with a sealed letter. For all he knows, the ML might be anywhere in ME.

The ringwraiths are not going to fight alongside the pirates. They may help subtly, but in general the pirates will be left to their own resources.

I have already made clear what I think about your sword and its talking abilities . Moreover, I have an impression that my opinion was shared by all the others here. You can't have a magic device that knows ALL, it disbalances EVERYTHING. Nobody ever had such a thing, even Manwe himself.

Last edited by Gordis : 01-27-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:43 PM   #460
Rían

GW, my characters don't have magic - could you please PM me with your ideas about the attack on Tyaron? I don't know how he would be expected to defend against these creatures, unless they take on animal forms again and he kills the forms with his sword (but he's too weak at this point), and I object to my characters being killed What do you have in mind?

Closed Thread