Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #441
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Yeah. It's a popular form of political dissent in Zeta Neapoli. Believe me, *indicates orangish stain on coat* I know.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:19 PM   #442
BeardofPants
the Shrike

As long as its not that velveeta crap.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #443
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt
"A toast!"
"To what?"
"To... to toast! I love toast..."
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy movie? Does the president guy say that? I hope so, 'cause I want that cookie dammit. I want that cookie.

Hector? I'm not partisan at all; no party affiliations here. I was raised a Republican, and when I first registered and voted it was as a card-carrying Young Republican. Yeah. The older I got and the more worldly wise I became, which didn't take long quite frankly, I changed, beause I realised that it is sheer folly to align oneself to the dogma and mores of one party - every candidate possesses his or her own unique strengths and weaknesses and abilities and potential irregardless of their political party affiliation. Pretty much. Or maybe that's just me, being idealistic. Eh.

I like the Independent party... I like things from both the democratic and the republican party, but not all things from either one, not by a long shot. The republican party has turned into the christian wingnut hypocrite's party, sadly. I'm stoked the democrats won the house and senate, and thrilled to tears that Nancy Pelosi's our new Speaker of the House. I despise and loathe the Bush family and the Bush administration and the Shrub himself more than words can accurately convey. He's - o.k. put it this way, using christian terms - he's the anti-christ. Yes! The anti-christ; how d'you like them apples? HAH!! hate 'im.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 11-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #444
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Good for you.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:10 AM   #445
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy movie? Does the president guy say that? I hope so, 'cause I want that cookie dammit. I want that cookie.

Hector? I'm not partisan at all; no party affiliations here. I was raised a Republican, and when I first registered and voted it was as a card-carrying Young Republican. Yeah. The older I got and the more worldly wise I became, which didn't take long quite frankly, I changed, beause I realised that it is sheer folly to align oneself to the dogma and mores of one party - every candidate possesses his or her own unique strengths and weaknesses and abilities and potential irregardless of their political party affiliation. Pretty much. Or maybe that's just me, being idealistic. Eh.

I like the Independent party... I like things from both the democratic and the republican party, but not all things from either one, not by a long shot. The republican party has turned into the christian wingnut hypocrite's party, sadly. I'm stoked the democrats won the house and senate, and thrilled to tears that Nancy Pelosi's our new Speaker of the House. I despise and loathe the Bush family and the Bush administration and the Shrub himself more than words can accurately convey. He's - o.k. put it this way, using christian terms - he's the anti-christ. Yes! The anti-christ; how d'you like them apples? HAH!! hate 'im.
No not Hector , Rohirrous

And I do remember a debate where you ID'ed yourself as a rep, but anyway It don't matter to me. There is no party that I would vote at this point (even if I could) I respectfully disagree that having Pelosi and the Dems in control of congress is a good thing. (I mean come on in two more years I'll have to start paying taxes and I don't want them to be subsequently raised in that period of time).
That said I vehemenently dislike both parties, most of the time both parties give off the impression that they are dumber than any two boxes of rocks respectively.

Did you say Apples I love apples I'm using one now.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:48 AM   #446
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR

And I do remember a debate where you ID'ed yourself as a rep,
I remember that, too, however I distinctly remember saying that I was a republican, past tense, and that the once fine party had gone to sh - um, shcrap. Was I arguing with Inked? I think it was Inked, not sure though. Do you recall which thread that would've been in? It must've been like a year and a half ago, and - thinking... and I cannot for the life of me remember the damn thread it was in. Back in the day, pre april-fool's-day-horrible-prank-and-bad-blood-between-me-and-a-certain-mod-which-prompted-me-to leave, well pre all that I used to post here like a whirlwind, in all the so-called "hot" gen mesg. threads.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:54 AM   #447
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim TR

And I do remember a debate where you ID'ed yourself as a rep, but anyway It don't matter to me. There is no party that I would vote at this point (even if I could) I respectfully disagree that having Pelosi and the Dems in control of congress is a good thing. (I mean come on in two more years I'll have to start paying taxes and I don't want them to be subsequently raised in that period of time).
That said I vehemenently dislike both parties, most of the time both parties give off the impression that they are dumber than any two boxes of rocks respectively.

Did you say Apples I love apples I'm using one now.
*tacks up sign saying "Vote Tabby for Absolutist Despot"*
Just kidding.
I'm a Bogdanovist! How come there are never any Bogdanovists up to vote?
Both partisans are partisanist! *points accusing finger*
*loves stirring up chaos, then sitting back to watch it unfold*
Old 11-10-2006, 12:59 AM   #448
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

You mean like Peter Bodganovich? This guy? He's Tony Soprano's therapist's therapist.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:00 AM   #449
trolls' bane

Err, no... As in Arkday Bogdanov.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:08 AM   #450
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

What does this chap look like?

Old 11-10-2006, 01:11 AM   #451
trolls' bane

Who knows? He's not even born yet!
I follow the incredibly agreeable ideals of a fictional character from RGB Mars.
Although lately I think I'm a Brendonianist.
Old 11-10-2006, 01:15 AM   #452
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ah, so you're sitting on the fence I see! Very cool, very cool... Hmm. Well babe, I've gotta go for now. It feels kinda weird to be in the teacup after so long, to be posting at the moot... strange... well anyway. Ciao for now bello! See ya around -

Old 11-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #453
trolls' bane

Bye, Comrade!
Old 11-10-2006, 10:15 AM   #454
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
I remember that, too, however I distinctly remember saying that I was a republican, past tense, and that the once fine party had gone to sh - um, shcrap. Was I arguing with Inked? I think it was Inked, not sure though. Do you recall which thread that would've been in? It must've been like a year and a half ago, and - thinking... and I cannot for the life of me remember the damn thread it was in. Back in the day, pre april-fool's-day-horrible-prank-and-bad-blood-between-me-and-a-certain-mod-which-prompted-me-to leave, well pre all that I used to post here like a whirlwind, in all the so-called "hot" gen mesg. threads.
I think it was some thread that was discussing the likeleyhood of of Hilary Clintion presidential candidadcy. Its probably still around somewhere.

With your return Lord Lotous those days can return and Sith can rule the teacup once more.
Quote:
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #455
rohirrim TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by trolls' bane
Although lately I think I'm a Brendonianist.
Broken News!!
this just in Grand Admiral Brendan is starting his presidential champaign to unseat incumbent Hector in the 08 entmoot elections. The Grand Admiral has started a new party known as the Brendonian party.
Quote:
Old 11-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #456
jammi567
I'm Eru, and lord of Arda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
And you got the money...where?...sorry pal, I have a lawyer so dirt lowdown, thaqt he got Hitler off the hook... You can't win.
i got the money from my extreamly rich reletives......the royal family (and no, not the people from the tv series).

and this layer's so dirt lowdown that he makes satan look good.
Vote for me, Jammi567, in the 2008 Entmoot elections, and you will get many of the things we need: free, unbiased, newspapers; a strong alliance with many countries, so that war doesn't start over someone breaking their nose on a doorframe; etc, etc

This forum is lonely. It's new and confused, and doesn't have many friends yet. Help today by joining for free, posting, and posting this message and link in your sig. So please, join and help make it feel welcomed and loved.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #457
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

One of these days I'm going to hang a board at the Teacup Café's entrance saying: all politicians will be eaten.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #458
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf
Ive been thinking...

Since Autumn is Fall then

Winter should be called Slide

Spring - Jump and Summer - Run.

What do u think?
I like it!

*munches a scone*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #459
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
I like it!

*munches a scone*
Thanks, Rian!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:43 PM   #460
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Gar. I hate politicical parties.

For some STUPID REASON you have to ally yourself to a party to vote for the partisan races in the primary in our state. I don't vote in the primary anymore.
Closed Thread