Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 06:45 PM   #441
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

I don't like to hear my best friend crying. He (in England) broke up with his girlfriend (in Paraguay). Again. For good, I hope. He needs to start rebuilding his life.

Dare I say, his situation is worse than mine. He is crying now.
Old 07-02-2005, 09:21 PM   #442
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

i beleive i'm playing but your answer isn't quite right yet ...
Old 07-03-2005, 11:25 AM   #443
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

ye gods and little fishes, I had problems with long distance relationships when they involved 30-50 miles. I can't imagine sustaining one that spans the UK-to P. He should ge a little realistic on this score IMO
Old 07-04-2005, 02:23 PM   #444
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

ACK!

I have to give a 7 minute lecture... for english class. That's so screwed up .
Old 07-04-2005, 03:16 PM   #445
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
ye gods and little fishes, I had problems with long distance relationships when they involved 30-50 miles. I can't imagine sustaining one that spans the UK-to P. He should ge a little realistic on this score IMO
eh? (sorry i'm lost again ... )

( )

my post seems to have had a time lag ... but it reffered to playing triv with lotesse .... and the only example of that is in ROTK triv ....

which only you Spock (until i noticed TD just recently) had read the question aright ... so good on yeh!

what does 'P' mean?

best
BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 07-04-2005 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-04-2005, 11:52 PM   #446
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Ciao, all! Semi-vent today - I'm not at home this week at my own computer (comp-u-tir); I've come up north to San Francisco for a week to visit with my Dad, and his computer SUCKS but at least I can moot a little... Had to give my boyfriend some space; things at home have been pretty tense lately and we really needed a minute apart. But I MISS him already, so much...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 07-04-2005, 11:55 PM   #447
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

BB? I think maybe P stands for Paraguay.

Old 07-05-2005, 11:15 AM   #448
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Indeed.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:44 PM   #449
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

grr -got to pick up my son from football practice - been in the car too much today, and still need to pack for Ecuador ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 07-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #450
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Quote:
...cash in those bonds Rosie BTW, two eight oz. glasses of vodka will help rid you of the pain
Might bring a few constables to me door, too. Besides, I hate vodka. I hate this wart, too, but that's besides the point.
What BONDS????
I've now been putting duct tape on me foot- sure and it's sucking the sole of my foot dry. Maybe I'll have a foot left when this is over; y'think?

NEW VENT:
Mothers. What IS a body to do? I love my mother very much (or at least I try very hard), but at times she is simply unbearable. I came close to telling her so a few days ago- simply because I thought maybe it would better our relationship to be on the same page- and I'm afraid I've messed things up royally. My father thinks I have no respect for my mother; my mother is... I don't know. The whole thing is really stupid. Might I ask some of the parents of grown children out there (no disrespect intended- just an honest question): Why is it so hard to see your children as responsible people? As capable, intelligent human beings who might be able to hold their own if given a chance?

Golly, do you ever feel like the sky is falling? Just one of those days (or months), I guess. But I'm not feeling that bad. Can't make up my mind if that's a good thing or not. *sigh*
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 07-06-2005, 12:40 PM   #451
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Could I ask - how old are you, and are you living at home? Are you going to school and/or working? Are you the oldest child? What is she doing that is unbearable?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 07-06-2005, 12:45 PM   #452
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Caution **** Caution ******

The giving out of too much personal information on an open web site is not recommended. Try PM'ing the party if you seek this.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #453
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Now I'm 'the party'. Cheers!
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 07-06-2005, 01:36 PM   #454
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
The giving out of too much personal information on an open web site is not recommended.
Especially with people like me around.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:17 PM   #455
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie Gamgee
Now I'm 'the party'. Cheers!
Make you feel any better?

(caution: the entmoot is filled with mutliple on-line mums!)

actually i think the 'party' is Rian ...

Spock of course is right ... although Rian's questions seemed to me the right kinda ones to be able to give advice from ... but best to be careful all the same.

at a guess; blatant confrontation with your mum (and therefore your dad) sounds like an ill advised idea: though not to say always wrong: there are times when parents need to know when to allow more freedoms to their children as they become adults and sometimes a fillip might be needed, but again at a guess i'd say you might need to try a different tack else just risk them seeing it as re-inforcing their viewpoint ... you, as younger will be more adaptable (generally) but they will need coaxing gradually to come to terms that you are now responsible.

(try wearing a woolly jumper, some cordourys, smoking a pipe and reading the 'financial times' and saying things like " mmm i see that the interest rates are likely to be raised soon" )

disclaimer: this approach may have it's downsides too ...

best BB
Old 07-06-2005, 03:15 PM   #456
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
(try wearing a woolly jumper, some cordourys, smoking a pipe and reading the 'financial times' and saying things like " mmm i see that the interest rates are likely to be raised soon" )

disclaimer: this approach may have it's downsides too ...

best BB

Ah, and if that don't work (an unbelievable consideration, I'm sure ) you could always revert to :

1. Reaffirm how important they (parents) are to you (this may require "talking".

2. Take the mature approach....ask them if they see you as a growing mature adult (I don't know your age, so insert young adult if in your teens) and if not, what would it take to "mature-up" in their eyes.

3. This way, you're being up-front, honest, and direct....all admirable, mature qualities

4. If that doesn't work, make sure it's Dark-Green Corduroy you wear, it says, "take me seriously...I do".

Good luck.....

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 07-06-2005, 04:51 PM   #457
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

It'll get better, Rosie, when you've got your own home (if you live with your parents still). No matter how difficult our mothers are, the thing is they never stop loving us. She might not be able to express that she's loath to let her little girl grow up and leave the nest, or whatever. Don't worry, things will always smooth out with time; surely she loves you very much.

Speaking of parents, here I am up at my Dad's house for a week, visiting him after having not seen him for five years. We had a terribly strained relationship (oh, my god, I am putting it soooo lightly!) for most of my life, and I refused to have anything to do with him finally and dropped out of his life 5 years ago, and now here I am seeing him after all this time and loving it. Time and perspective can heal the most ghastly heart-wounds, 'tis true.
But I AM SO DEPRESSED!!!! And there are other reasons why I'm down, but anyway...

Old 07-06-2005, 05:43 PM   #458
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Not in the mood to type here, now. So here.

http://oh-law-rin.blogspot.com/
Old 07-06-2005, 06:39 PM   #459
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Anduril, is that your diary or something? It's kind of interesting.

My other gi-NOR-mous vent today is that, not knowing I'd be here out of town at my Dad's for longer than a day (I'm here all week), I didn't get a chance to properly pack for the trip and have left my Silmarillion at home. I'd just bought it, and was getting into it, and here I am up north without my prrreciosss books. Add that to my burgeoning depression, and, well, surely you guys can relate. I WANT MY SIL!!!

Old 07-06-2005, 07:11 PM   #460
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

forgive me Anduril ... i looked at the link but it looked too heavy for my current mood.... i will try and read it later on ...

lotesse ... they are screming for you in the fellowship ...

best all
BB

P.S. any chiraq fans on here ... hey we won the olympics .....
Closed Thread