Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2003, 11:50 PM   #441
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Even though war isn't a joke. I thought this was funny and got the point across very clearly.

The -"Can you hear me now?" is from the Sprint cell phone commercial.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide

Last edited by jerseydevil : 03-25-2003 at 11:51 PM.
jerseydevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 12:04 AM   #442
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Well here are some more funnies It's good to be able to smile and laugh at such times...

Quizno's rule!!

'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 12:08 AM   #443
jerseydevil

I like the French one up to a point. But they did help us with 9/11. I know they sent many firefighters to help. It is funny - to a point.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-26-2003, 12:10 AM   #444
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

More

Best portrayal of the peace protestors yet!

'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Old 03-26-2003, 12:12 AM   #445
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

LOL here is one us Americans should enjoy

--Linaewen
Old 03-26-2003, 12:14 AM   #446
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Ain't this one the truth!

You know it's funny how political cartoons have so shaped politics over the years, it truly shaped a large portion of the growth of America over presidential elections from the 19th century on up. Amazing how influential cartoons can be

--Linaewen
Old 03-26-2003, 12:18 AM   #447
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Dúnedain
LOL here is one us Americans should enjoy
As Congress has proven in the last couple of days - they still are the last say when it comes to domestic policies. The tax cut was cut in half (not sure what parts were cut though) and the drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge was rejected. So much for everyone's feelings that just because Republicans have a slim majority in Congress that everything is smooth sailing for what Bush wants.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-26-2003, 12:24 AM   #448
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Oscar's anyone?

VIVA!

American Torture at it's finest

Confusion?

Good 'ole Tom Daschle

What Saddam is leaving his sons...

PETA anyone?

Is Annie in Iraq?

--Linaewen
Old 03-26-2003, 12:25 AM   #449
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

I think the problem is that the Arab world has been wrapped in a veil of lies. Propaganda sustains the regimes throughout the Arab world-rich Kuwait and poor Pakistanis both ultimately blame their problems on a Zionist cabal because all their media says is that the world's problems are the cause of a Zionist cabal.

That doesn't mean that Arabs can't handle democracy and civil rights. Arabs in Israel have been equal citizens for 35 years, and have more rights then all other arabs anywhere ever. Not that life for an Israeli-Arab is perfect, but it's far better than the life of any Arab in the rest of the middle east. I always find that exceedingly ironic.

Now for some good (ok slightly offensive) comedy read The Onion. It always brightens my day.
Old 03-26-2003, 12:27 AM   #450
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Just a couple more

A View of the UN...

Another UN one

Gotta laugh at ourselves too (Jimmy Carter)

Saddam's Human Sheilds...

--Linaewen
Old 03-26-2003, 12:40 AM   #451
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Not sure if anyone saw this, but this article came out today regarding Saddam:

---------

Doctors might be treating Saddam in bunker
Tue Mar 25, 6:00 AM ET Add Top Stories - USA TODAY to My Yahoo!

Jack Kelley USA TODAY

KUWAIT CITY -- CIA (news - web sites) operatives and Army commandos who are hunting for Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) believe that the Iraqi leader could be in a Baghdad bunker receiving medical attention from military doctors, U.S. intelligence and military sources said Monday.

''We know we hit him. We know he was wounded'' Thursday in a missile and bomb attack on a compound south of Baghdad, said a U.S. intelligence official involved in tracking Saddam. ''We also believe he hasn't left Baghdad.''

The assessment came on a day in which Saddam gave his second address on Iraqi TV since that attack, which U.S. officials said was aimed at ''decapitating'' his regime in the opening hours of the war. Saddam appeared more robust than the pale, shaken figure who was shown a few hours after the attack. He taunted coalition forces in referring to battles in southern Iraq (news - web sites).

''Have you found what the devil that besets your soul promised you?'' he asked, imploring Iraqis to fight coalition forces. ''Cut their throats and even their fingers. . . . We will make it as painful as we can. . . . Victory is imminent.''

U.S. intelligence officials said they believe the person in the latest video was Saddam. Even so, they and the White House said the tape could have been recorded before the war began and didn't necessarily prove that he was in control of his army. On the tape, Saddam praises his army's 51st Division. But some troops in the 51st have surrendered in southern Iraq, U.S. military and Kuwaiti government sources said.

Publicly, U.S. officials say they aren't sure whether Saddam is alive. But air attacks in Baghdad and elsewhere continue to make Saddam's residences and command centers a priority, suggesting an assumption that he is alive.

Intelligence and military sources said intercepted communications, captured Iraqi generals, spy satellites and aircraft are being used to try to track Saddam's movements. It's a difficult task, the sources said, because he can move from bunker to bunker via underground tunnels in Baghdad.

But two intelligence gains have given U.S. officials more hope. Intelligence sources said Delta Force commandos in Baghdad have tapped Saddam's underground phone lines, and said the CIA has recruited an Iraqi official who knows where Saddam sleeps.

Some of the bunkers are 300 feet underground and are beneath mosques, hospitals and schools to keep coalition forces from bombing them, U.S. intelligence officials said.

--Linaewen
Old 03-26-2003, 12:47 AM   #452
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by markedel
I think the problem is that the Arab world has been wrapped in a veil of lies. Propaganda sustains the regimes throughout the Arab world-rich Kuwait and poor Pakistanis both ultimately blame their problems on a Zionist cabal because all their media says is that the world's problems are the cause of a Zionist cabal.

That doesn't mean that Arabs can't handle democracy and civil rights. Arabs in Israel have been equal citizens for 35 years, and have more rights then all other arabs anywhere ever. Not that life for an Israeli-Arab is perfect, but it's far better than the life of any Arab in the rest of the middle east. I always find that exceedingly ironic.
I know and in the United States (home of the godless) Muslims are able to freely practice their religion and dress the way they wish. They live in freedom, something they don't have in the Middle East.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-26-2003, 01:32 AM   #453
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Originally posted by Insidious Rex
Some helpful tips on dealing with terrorism.

helpful signs
Absolutely histerical hun!
Old 03-26-2003, 01:45 AM   #454
Baby-K
Corruptor

Not for nothing, but I'm confused as hell - I thought the Coalition forces went to Iraq to blow Saddam up, now it seems that all they're doing is blowing each other & themselves up...............
Old 03-26-2003, 03:32 AM   #455
Artanis
Greatest Elven woman of Aman

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevil
I saw that similar thing before - they had pictures of some kids getting candy from American troops in Time Magazine. The soldiers are bringing candy in for the children.

We see that - along with the injured children and other innocent people (which is a trajedy) and all Al Jazeera shows is the death and destruction.
Of course you see that. It's part of the picture of Americans as good guys bringing freedom to the Iraqi people. They choose to show you how your soldiers are welcomed by them. Although that particular incident actually happened, nonetheless this is also war propaganda, as much as pictures of wounded civilians.
Old 03-26-2003, 07:03 AM   #456
Elvellon
Elf Lord

Quote:
Well then the question comes into play - regarding the televised broadcast of POWs - does a western media - which is free to show ANYTHING they want basically - fall under the GC. And not just western media - but any media which freely records something? Or does the GC only apply to what role the GOVERNMENT might play in the release of the video.
Look, I’ll stress it, again; yes, it could have been avoided. Those reporters were there because they were allowed to follow the troops (and in fact were under their protection), the coalition officers could have easily foresee the eventuality and impose a restriction. Yet, I once again repeat, in my view, they were right in not stopping them, because by doing that the good resulting of it outweighed the bad.

I say this for you to think: you seem to keep forgetting that in war decisions are often choices between evils; for example, if you choose to make a precision strike to avoid doing an indiscriminate bombing, you are choosing to destroy and kill a limited number of enemy military personal, to avoid killing a larger number of civilians with them. Both are evils, both result in the destruction of human life, but one outweighs the other.

In war, the major difference between a moral regime and an immoral one (like Saddan’s one) is not in one doing everything “by the book,” and the other not. The difference is in one doing everything to minimise human suffering, while the other does everything to maximise it.

Reality is just an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

The Caffeine Mantra
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of Brazil that the thoughts aquire speed,
The hands aquire shaking,
the shaking becomes a warning.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion...

Elvellon Erelion
Elvellon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2003, 01:42 PM   #457
markedel
'Sober' Mullet Frosh

It's the curse of trying to fight morally, one tends to lose troops. It's far more effective to smash and grab. The U.S, of course, doesn't want to do it, so more U.S troops will die than would be necessary.

I like that the headlines in the papers are "U.S rebukes Canada" the Bush administration really is trying to piss our government. I hope Paul Martin doesn't mind too much...since he'll be PM for at least 8 years.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:55 AM   #458
Khamûl
Slacker
Warrior Admin

It seems that American troops found 3000 chemical protection suits in a hospital near An Nasiriyah. They also found gas masks and nerve gas antidote injectors. Gee, I wonder what they need those for?

Psalm 107:31
Khamûl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 12:58 AM   #459
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Exactly.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 01:03 AM   #460
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by Artanis
Of course you see that. It's part of the picture of Americans as good guys bringing freedom to the Iraqi people. They choose to show you how your soldiers are welcomed by them. Although that particular incident actually happened, nonetheless this is also war propaganda, as much as pictures of wounded civilians.
Who are "they"? By the way it is not propganda - propagnada is purposely reporting things to decieve. Look at Iraqi news to see an example.

We see both sides. Today they showed how the people of Safwa were basically rejecting the humanitarian aid at the same time as rioting to get it. They declared the hated the US and would die for Hussein. In another town - it was completely different. We also see the civilian dead.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide