Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-07-2005, 01:11 AM   #441
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Rian - you are not, I think, the one who is being referred to as "ignoring things" - at least, you aren't in my book. Some posters, however, continue to ask for evidence when it has been given, without attempting to answer that evidence. They just act like it has not been posted. Things like that get referred to as "ignoring." Please don't leave the discussion. I find your posts generally very insightful, even though I so rarely agree with them on this topic.

As for nipples, they may be fun, but they can also be intensely painful for men without having a functional purpose. Say, if you run into something. And I think that's the more common experience. So I think the question about their intelligence is warranted
Old 10-07-2005, 01:13 AM   #442
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

OK, I posted something and now it isn't there...

EDIT: AND Presto, change-o, Entmoot-o!

On-topic...there is one species of bat somewhere out in the Indian Ocean area that has had evidence of male lactation. That's it among all mammals. So I'm going to go with useless

Last edited by Count Comfect : 10-07-2005 at 01:14 AM.
Count Comfect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:17 AM   #443
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Thank you so much, Count, for your kind words. I"m glad you don't think that! I truly enjoy your posts and give each one serious consideration. IIRC, it was you that changed my mind quite a bit about filibusters, because your posts were always kind and considerate as well as thoughtful and informative.

As far as your second paragraph - I stand by what I said earlier I find them darn useful!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:19 AM   #444
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Oh, Rian, silly goose-ette! No one was directly singling YOU out, my goodness! Touchy a bit tonight, are we? I lOVE what you have to say, in ALL these controversial threads! You conduct yourself with class, and are always so careful and precise when presenting your side of the argument, for which I hold you in the highest regard! One musn't be too quick to claim insult when insult isn't due...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 01:20 AM   #445
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

( ps - Count, didn't you say once you had another user name at Entmoot? Weren't you one of the Seattle Mooters? If so, and if you wouldn't mind telling me, could you tell me what the name was? I'm an old-time Mooter enough now where I'm sure I'd remember you!)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-07-2005, 01:26 AM   #446
Rían

Lotesse, it's just that a lot of people would lump me (incorrectly!!) into the "religious right" category, solely because I am a Christian, and I am certainly in the category of "those who would take issue", aren't I?

And it wasn't taking offence just for me, either - I think most of the posters on "my" side have been honest and have sincerely tried hard to address things.

I'm ultra-sensitive about any slights to my integrity, because it is so important to me to be truthful, and when people think I"m acting in a dishonest way, it's very painful, and I sometimes lose my temper You have no idea in what high regard I hold the truth. It's very important to me.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:31 AM   #447
Count Comfect
Word Santa Claus

Rian - I have no other username. A lot of my friends from Seattle do, but this is my only one, ever. So far

I'm not so sure about all the posters on "your side..." but then again, I'm not so sure of all the posters on "my side" either (me included). This topic has a tendency to get a bit heated, and the posts can go by very quickly.

I am not altogether on any side, because nobody is altogether on my side. - Treebeard
Old 10-07-2005, 01:35 AM   #448
Rían

good quote!

I thought it was you - maybe it was someone else. I know that Gaffer used to be someone else, but he lost his password and had to re-incarnate!

Old 10-07-2005, 02:03 AM   #449
Rían

(count - I just saw the sillymarillion rpg - that's hysterical!!! I loved your post! And I always hated the name "Túna" - the accent tried to make it better, but it didn't work )

Old 10-07-2005, 02:08 AM   #450
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

So, Rian, why do men have nipples?

Old 10-07-2005, 02:12 AM   #451
Rían

You didn't see my post?

I thought it was a good answer, and I also thought it would make you laugh. It's back on the previous page.

Good night

Old 10-07-2005, 03:20 AM   #452
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Y'know what, guys, in my book, this "they'll ignore it" thing is a bit of a low blow and I'm pretty saddened and disappointed to hear it from you guys. Since when have I ignored anything? I may have missed some things, since these threads move at the speed of light sometimes, but honestly, when have I ever avoided any question?

I just get on after a long hard day, and I see this?! Really disappointing.

And you know what?! I'll go ahead and answer the nipple thing RIGHT NOW, darn it, 'cause I'm really upset about that [can't call it what I want to call it because it would get edited out by a mod] and false charge against my integrity, and against the integrity of those who have been offering thoughtful and considerate discussion on the same side as I'm on. Ya know why men have nipples? My husband got away for a "long lunch" today - we've been looking foward to it all week, because things are not as easy with kids around! - and darn it! they're FUN!!!! That's why!!!

(and I was embarassed to DEATH a few hours later when my daughter came home and discovered some fun things I accidentally left in the bathroom! I had to come up with some very creative explanations about what they were! )

So let's treat each other as the friends we are, and please, no more of these comments. I just saw the nipple thing FOR THE FIRST TIME a few minutes ago, and I saw the "do unto others" thing a while back but didn't feel like responding right then because it would have involved pointing out hypocrisies I see on YOUR side Please, let's treat each other with respect and kindness.
Oh, Rian. RELAX. Nobody singled you out, nobody called you names, nobody attacked you, nobody said "Rian is the one who's ignoring things," nobody challenged your integrity, nobody set out to treat you with unkindness and disrespect, nobody called you a hypocrite - nobody called ANYone a hypocrite, where did you even find that?, nobody singled YOU out for having done anything. Methinks you assume a tiny bit 2 much, perhaps, is directed toward you and you alone. Well - sorry to disappoint, Rian, and I like you and all but REALLY! it's not all about you. So, RELAX, relax & have a bubble bath if you can get some time away from your kids 4 a minute, just take a deep breath and relax, and know that we here on the Moot DO respect you and your integrity, and NObody's out to get you. 'Kay? Deep breaths. Here, have a glass of Barolo, I find it takes the edge off swimmingly...

Old 10-07-2005, 03:27 AM   #453
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

This is the horse evolving...

Last edited by Lotesse : 10-07-2005 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:55 AM   #454
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

...sigh....
Old 10-07-2005, 02:17 PM   #455
Rían

Lotesse - so did you like my nipple explanation?

And I didn't think it was directed at me alone, but it sure did seem to be directed towards a group that I"m in, right?

Old 10-08-2005, 07:53 AM   #456
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

And now something light to start the day with a smile

Old 10-08-2005, 12:53 PM   #457
Rían

As I said on the other thread where this cartoon was posted, IMO, cartoons like that are clear evidence that the uber-evolutionists have to resort to playground tactics because they have very little else, in terms of solid evidence, in their arsenal.

Old 10-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #458
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Hear, hear!
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Curubethion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 09:40 PM   #459
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
As I said on the other thread where this cartoon was posted, IMO, cartoons like that are clear evidence that the uber-evolutionists have to resort to playground tactics because they have very little else, in terms of solid evidence, in their arsenal.
More likely, it is clear evidence that most reasonable people realise that the idea of mandating creationism to be taught in schools, in a country that is supposed to separate church and state, is so laughable it is quite often difficult to take seriously. By the way, exactly what is an "uber-evolutionist?" Now, THAT's funny!

Old 10-08-2005, 09:46 PM   #460
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

have a sense of humor people, pretty soon i'll start posting cartoons and i hope the "uber evolutionist" have a sense of humor

Lotesse- have you been brain washed? no where in the constitution of the united states of america is there a "separation of church and state" clause, if you want i can link you to a copy of the constitution and you can see what it actually says
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote