Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 03:20 PM   #441
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

GW:
Quote:
The Buzzard Buteo will be held accountable at the Commital Hearing of the Sub-commitee On Misdemeanors And Misconduct on Monday 12.00 CET.

Meanwhile I will try to introduce other characters not fully so prone to attack lead characters.
It may be a bit late for that as he has been torn asunder

Now all the guild will be on high alert for stranger predators ... already the eagles are fanning out many miles around the City ... your wolves will have problems entering tharbad or the surrounding enviorns ... without first running it by the Grand Council.

I would advise you GW, to send an emmisary first, as you do not have enough troops to force entry against the Tharbad and western lands grand Council.

Once spotted they will certainly be monitored 24/7 ... a bat division will of course cover the night-watch

Earniel:
Quote:
Except that Val didn't say in his post that it was the Chancellor who shouted "Silence!" The way the post stands now, it is simply a mystery.
No, nor did anyone say or require valandil to read any other thread, as i mentioned earlier on...

Gor has a valid point that it is totally out of character for the Nazgul lord, as developed here and from the info thread here, to go do such a stupid, public and uncontrolled action .... this is the Lord of the Nazgul not worzel Gummage we are talking about....

So i cannot possibly see how Valandil cannot see the potential problem.

Now it is completely true that although Val admitted he did originally mean the shout to come from the arch-chancellor, it is not clear exactly who did do it ... to a casual reader ... but whoever did will need punishing if they were a nazgul .. if not then it needs to be madfe clear in the rpg game: either way the current confusion needs to be resolved one way or the other ... however there a number of points here: firstly most including Gor assume it is the Morgul lord ... (remember this is how Valandil intended it initially: thanks for the chocolate frog btw earniel ) thus to those of that assumption: we can only assume the character of the captain is an idiotic rash fool who in the momment and in need of quiet and stealth and secrecy shouts out at the top of his voice "Quiet Lads! No one knows we are here" whilst banging some cymbals and letting off the off fire-cracker ... etc before throwing his arms around and tap dancing ....

Now, if val stays with it as the arch-chancellor, Gor is quite justifiably right to ask it be amended: no debate it is an open and shut case: else you might as well have valandil a 1 foot midget, with no teeth and 4 arms who likes eating horseflesh and has orcs for buddies .... who hates elves and tarks ...

so, in summary in needs sorting because since it cannot be the captain: then if a Naz Gor will have to punish that Naz severly and quickly ... if not it needs to be clear thus who it was .. and either what " he reads" means or to whom it refers ... IF it is Mr O about the Morgul lord we have another problem ....

in fact reffering to any Nazgul would cause a problem ... in fact the whole
" he reads"
is very problematic since the one character it CANNOT have come from is the Morgul lord, because if it IS the morgul lord then Gor is quite right to ask it be changed as it is a complete and total travesty of a portrayal of her character... and just would not have happened.

So, if not - then who? IF a naz we would need to know to sort that Naz out for a serious tactical error and stupid indiscretion that jeopordised the whole secrecy of the nazgul in tharbad ...

anyone else and "he reads" reffering to Valandil makes no sense.

Simplest solution have it as Mr O and takes out the "he reads" .

Thoughts on a postcard please

As a member of the league of the morgul lord and Witch king - present and future member, i fully support Gordis here: beyond which i beleive it to be a pretty standard RPG principle....

Why then is Gor being victimized by flouting of this rule when the character's player has stated numerous times it is SERIOUSLY out of character for him to have said this or acting so stupidly or so indiscreetly, risking all for a quick mental shout???

Why then don't we all post each other's characters: i'll have khamul love elves and morris dancing, Malthaliel cavorting with orcs, Udu giving peace and sobriety a chance, Earniel acting like an opera singer with bad hair , Rian speaking in a deep booming voice, swearing and fist fighting anything that even looks at her .... etc etc ....

why? because it won't work and there would be no point rpg-ing.

what is the problem here?

... please make clear who shouted, and what the hell "he reads" means or explain why you refuse to honour a standard rpg principle that the character owner strongly and repeatedly objects to that character's portrayal by another rpg-er using THEIR character.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:50 PM   #442
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Yeah! What he said.

Ciao, guys! Just popping in for like 10 minutes today. Going out of town for the weekend, might not be able to log on for a bit anyway, I suppose it's ironically working out that the Long Reception takes place while I'm going through a RL Long Move.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 10-15-2005, 04:27 PM   #443
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

It will be good to have you back Lotesse.
Gor, good point. IMO though the One, even with the fiery red writing, would be plainer than the other elven Rings, which posses jewels.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 10-15-2005, 04:40 PM   #444
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

...er.. yeah just re-read my post above ... just wanted to point out i just spun that off on a roll .. it is not meant to be hostile, nor argumentative at all Val, i was just trying to get across the points which you seemed unclear on is all ...

hope that is clear ... ... i particularly liked the Rian alter-ego character!

best all BB
Old 10-15-2005, 04:51 PM   #445
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*deep booming voice* What's that? Sorry, I was just busy swearing and punching someone out ...

Good points about the ring - it's kinda hard to remember that we have the benefit of LOTR and the Sil and other books, while our rpg-characters don't!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-15-2005, 04:53 PM   #446
Telcontar_Dunedain

Udu, I've just posted using Udu slightly. Just ask if you want anything editing.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

Old 10-15-2005, 04:58 PM   #447
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

now TD don't be so controversial!

haven't you got some Morris dancin' to do?

*avoids Rian's MR HYDE side*
Old 10-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #448
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
GW:

It may be a bit late for that as he has been torn asunder

Now all the guild will be on high alert for stranger predators ... already the eagles are fanning out many miles around the City ... your wolves will have problems entering tharbad or the surrounding enviorns ... without first running it by the Grand Council.

I would advise you GW, to send an emmisary first, as you do not have enough troops to force entry against the Tharbad and western lands grand Council.

Once spotted they will certainly be monitored 24/7 ... a bat division will of course cover the night-watch
I think I've already done so in the shape of Falco the Falcon.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:18 PM   #449
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

aye' i guess we should have a chat via pm to work out what is going on, so we work together on it rather than against each other Sir grey!

I know the GOP was your idea and a very good one too if i may say so! but i have posted cruel claw as the tharbad leader ... so Falco is the leader of another guild? are they rivals or neutral or all guild members together even from other chapters? ... maybe a guild from the the Mouintains? or is he a peer of cruel claw or what? etc etc ...

Though i hope you appreciate the attempted assaination of Boomerang didn't go down too well!

should i pm you, or you me to work on this? i really look forward to the predators of air and land adding their spice to the story and game!

very best BB

EDIT

Great posts Udu, Val, Earniel, GW, and TD (especially - again!!!)

So, there are plots within plots and the Nazgul are maneouvering already ...

Guess we should have the other 2 Nazgul turn up sometime ... any suggestions for players for them? i take it Anduril is not interested then?

... just ideas ...

Last edited by Butterbeer : 10-15-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:38 PM   #450
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*sighs* Whatever. A bit of an elephant out of a musquito if you ask me. One little ambiguous sentence...

Was there dinner planned later on the evening, after the reception?
Old 10-15-2005, 05:43 PM   #451
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
aye' i guess we should have a chat via pm to work out what is going on, so we work together on it rather than against each other Sir grey!

I know the GOP was your idea and a very good one too if i may say so! but i have posted cruel claw as the tharbad leader ... so Falco is the leader of another guild? are they rivals or neutral or all guild members together even from other chapters? ... maybe a guild from the the Mouintains? or is he a peer of cruel claw or what? etc etc ...

The Guild is Umbrella Organisation as PM'd u. Falco is just the leader of the Falcon section and Penny is his contact.

Old Grey and White Patch is the Leaders of the Mountain Wolf section.

and so on...

Though i hope you appreciate the attempted assaination of Boomerang didn't go down too well!

Sorry. Won't happen again.

should i pm you, or you me to work on this? i really look forward to the predators of air and land adding their spice to the story and game!

Perhaps we can have a pm-conversations about the general set up of the Guild actions in accordance with the rest of the story

very best BB

I hope that unconfused you somewhat.

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-16-2005 at 03:21 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:47 PM   #452
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
*sighs* Whatever. A bit of an elephant out of a musquito if you ask me. One little ambiguous sentence...
Haven't YOU asked TD to edit when he wrote that Earniel was most pleased by Galadannun's compliment, and again BB - something about shampoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Was there dinner planned later on the evening, after the reception?
Yes, I am drawing a scheme of the dinner table. Ready in 15 min.
Please continue the story while I am at it.

Where is our Bumble???

Great posts, everybody.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:07 PM   #453
Telcontar_Dunedain

Biography of Khamûl is posted.

Old 10-15-2005, 06:09 PM   #454
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

BB, your postbox is FUUUULLLL
Old 10-15-2005, 06:27 PM   #455
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

yeah sorted it (pm box) ... have asked greywolf to edit his post, though i may have just missed him
Old 10-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #456
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

“Udu, I've just posted using Udu slightly. Just ask if you want anything editing.” - TD

No, TD, I wouldn’t edit anything in your writing. I thought your post was an asset. As usual, you are right on target.

“So, there are plots within plots and the Nazgul are maneouvering already ...” - - BB

BB, it was inevitable that the Nazgûl would maneuver soon. There cannot be a power play between Khamûl and Udu, because Khamûl holds the more powerful Ring. There can be resentment, though, and attempts to evade.

If anyone needs to discuss anything with me about plot development concerning Maethor/Udu, just PM me.

CS - Udu promises to be nice if he should dance with the two sisters.

Lotesse - Still not with us. I am really sorry about that.

Great posting today, everyone. A pleasure to work with all of you.

Last edited by Udukhaturz : 10-15-2005 at 07:27 PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:20 PM   #457
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Heya, All. Here is the layout of the dining hall

Dinner table
Gor will soon lead you there

I hope I have forgotten no one!
Old 10-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #458
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Awesome post, Udu. You and Khamul-TD interact wonderfully!
He hinted at the possible threat to your many wives and you continued...
Very interesting line shapes up.

And what about Khamul? Has he got no family, eh, TD?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:35 PM   #459
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
Heya, All. Here is the layout of the dining hall

Dinner table
Gor will soon lead you there

I hope I have forgotten no one!
Gordis,

Great job on the graphic! This will be a real asset. A very interesting line-up.
Old 10-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #460
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
Gordis,

Great job on the graphic! This will be a real asset. A very interesting line-up.
Thanks, Udu. The Morgul Lord and Aiwendis have thought long of the right way to place the guests at the table.

TD, Just read Khamul's BIO. Don't be so shy, Shadow of the East, don't forget to mention you used to rule both Rhun and Khand!
Closed Thread