Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2006, 02:32 PM   #421
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Y'know, smoking from a hookah isn't any more sublime than smoking a normal cigarette, right?
Old 10-05-2006, 05:35 PM   #422
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

In fact, it might be worse for you...you take deeper breaths for a hookah, right? More and more the cancer grows like a weed on your soul...and lungs

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:38 PM   #423
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Define "Sublime". I am referring to the mere glory of the thing. And the hookah is manifestly more glorious than smoking a cigarette. It looks cooler, it bubbles, and it takes like candy air.

Cancer doesn't grow on the soul, silly hector.

And yes, I know perfectly well that it has carcinogens. It's not as bad as a cigarette, though; what you smoke is only about 1/3 tobacco, and it is filtered through the water. But of course, we're only talking about a matter of degrees; it's still unhealthy. I'm glad I'm not ruled by health.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle

Last edited by Gwaimir Windgem : 10-05-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:42 PM   #424
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Stay on topic, please.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:09 AM   #425
BeardofPants
the Shrike

o.0 Ookay, back to the Data sex then?
Old 10-06-2006, 04:26 AM   #426
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Who's dream what that!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
...gee what ever you do don't say "mattress" around Nurv,
Mattress?

Is that a Stearns and Foster, or are you just happy to see me?

You know when you have had a dream, and you remember you dreamt, but not the dream actually was? Yeah...
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Nurvingiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #427
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I believe that was Katya's wierd dream.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #428
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurvingiel

You know when you have had a dream, and you remember you dreamt, but not the dream actually was? Yeah...
I have that all the time! It drives me crazy trying to remember the dream.

And yes, that was my weird dream.
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 12:33 AM   #429
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

A few weeks ago I had this dream that MB and I were in the back yard, then this huge black and grey striped cat jumped on the fence. We freaked out, and went inside. Then we watched an episode of Hogan's Heroes, and after it was done, we looked at the clock and saw that it was 9:30, so we're like "Oh, we can watch a few more episodes before we go to bed." Then we looked at another clock and it said that it was like 12:34 or something, and another one said it was 5:30. So we called Popcorn, and they said that it was 1:20 or something like that.

I had another really weird dream, but I can't remember it now.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:13 AM   #430
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

I had a dream a while ago that was totally awesome in the most weird way that only I would think is cool.
So, a young woman by the name of Confidence (don't ask) with all the wit and sarcasm in the world is pretty much being trained at this ultra-cool spy training thing. And she's to the point where she is allowed to have a gun. So here she is in training, shooting at "bad guys" (cardboard thingies) with her partner, a girl who's name was never mentioned. It was sorta like a video game except... not. So, eventually, the find themselves at a hockey arena. There's a side door, and before they go in, the girl who's name is unknown says, "If there are any guys, I call the hot one." So in they go. Magically, there are two hot guys. One with a surfer cut and blond hair, and a taller one with brown hair. No name goes over to the blonde and Confidence gets the other guy. So Confidence is being all sarcastic with said guy when those even puppets from Sesame Streets start coming through the door, with has magically become smaller than the door frame. So Confidence shots them all, etc. Cut to:
Confidence and brown-haired guy are in a jeep in the middle of a forest and a giant eagle is chasing them. Cut again, to:
Confidence is being held by the lord of evil and Mr. brown-hair has to get her out by himself, as part of the training. And I forget the rest.

Interesting, huh?

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 12:39 AM   #431
Thain Peregrin Took I
Thain of Randomness

I had a dream that we were at our music teacher's house, and then the house started shaking because graboids were eating the foundation. Then I said "Why don't we move with them, then it will stop." Se we wiggled around, but that didn't help, so we went upstair into a bedroom so the graboids wouldn't eat us if they came through the floor. There was a door to the basement, so we opened it and went it. (Which makes no sense, since graboids come throught the ground, so we would pretty much be like "Eeeeeeeat meeeeeeeee!")
Anyway, we were on this floor, and there were two staircases seperates bya a wall in the middle. Col. Crittendon from Hogan's Heroes was on the floor with us (me, MB and some girl with shoulder length blond hair), so we told him to go down one staircase, and we went down the other. Once we were in the basement, we sat on the floor around a coffee table. There was like and inch of water on the floor. LeBeau was there too, and he suggested that we get help.
Then my dream changed to the blond girl walking to a store and fixing her hair. She wrapped a huge flower arrangement in plasic wrap and wrote in marker "Size 5". Then this woman walked in, and the blond girl was like "Look, these flowers are pretty, like you." and the woman said "Yeah." Then the blond said "Look, they say size 5 on them. You're a size 5." Then someone else walked in and said "Turns out we didn't need to send you to help. LeBeau is equivalent to a woman's size 5." Then I woke up. I know, my dreams are unique.

Monk: I'm 100% sure that she probably killed him.
Stottlemeyer: What does that mean?
Monk: 95%...

I feel like Pepé Le Pew when he look up "pew" in the dictionary. *French accent* Le pew? Moi? Noo. -Shawn Spencer

*British accent* It's a bobble head Bobbie! *head bob* -Special Agen Seely Booth
Thain Peregrin Took I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:21 AM   #432
katya
Elven Maiden

I keep confusing my dreams with reality all the time lately. Like, a couple nights ago I had a dream that was really realistic, and I thought it was really happening. Then I "woke up" into another dream where I told my boyfriend that I had just had a remarkably real dream. When I actually did wake up, I told him about what had happened, and he said "It was real in the dream," to which I replied "That's what you said in the dream too." Dream boyfriend had said the same thing when I told him about the first dream.
Old 07-21-2007, 01:41 AM   #433
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Yeah, those "layered" dreams are weird!!!! You keep thinking you've woken up, only to "wake up" again!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 11:30 AM   #434
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya
I keep confusing my dreams with reality all the time lately. Like, a couple nights ago I had a dream that was really realistic, and I thought it was really happening. Then I "woke up" into another dream where I told my boyfriend that I had just had a remarkably real dream. When I actually did wake up, I told him about what had happened, and he said "It was real in the dream," to which I replied "That's what you said in the dream too." Dream boyfriend had said the same thing when I told him about the first dream.
Sounds like you know your boyfriend pretty well .
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:47 PM   #435
katya
Elven Maiden

Heehee. Yeah.
Old 07-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #436
Meriadoc Brandybuck
Magnificent Master of Buckland

I've had dreams where I'm getting ready in the morning. Then, I realize I'm still in bed, half asleep.

Is there anything I can do that wouldn't inconvenience me?.-Adrian Monk

Hogan: What's a definate factor that we can count on?
Newkirk: We don't know what we're doing.

Do you wanna split a pineapple? -Shawn Spencer
Meriadoc Brandybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 09:06 AM   #437
Miss Cassandra
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriadoc Brandybuck
I've had dreams where I'm getting ready in the morning. Then, I realize I'm still in bed, half asleep.
I had one of those the other day. I had gotten up and made some lunch, realized there was no more bread, and went back to sleep. I thought it was strange, as we have plenty of bread....
I thought to myself, now didnt I get up already?

Just last night I felt something terribly spooky!
There is an apparition lingering in my house, I am sure of it, and have seen it twice now. It is definitely a strange happening.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:12 PM   #438
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Ungh, I had the weirdest dream last night that I was... not the character, but sort of 'watching' and experiencing a small portion of what the kid felt.

For whatever reason, this kid was 'saved' from his parents who were... evil? I think. He was saved by his uncle, who looked like Liam Neson. I know. Very weird.

So his uncle was raising him, and there were some various odd things about the dream that I don't fully remember.... but the last part was where this kid was swimming in a lake, with a body guard who had been in other parts of the dream watching over him from a rowboat.

There was this narrator voice which said, "the boy was already showing signs of blossoming genius..." then it trailed off, and I was seeing from the boy's perspective. He bumped something in the water, and although he didn't know it, I knew it had been an alligator.

So the kid is swimming, when all of the sudden the alligator grabs him from behind by a shirt he was wearing, and starts doing that death-roll thing so fast that I (I sort of 'became' the kid in that moment) couldn't do anything but wave my arms around. The last part of the dream was me trying to regain some control of my movement, thinking that I couldn't panic because I was out of air and would die if I opened my mouth, and wondering where my bodyguard was.

Then I woke up. And I REALLY WISH I knew if the kid survived or not. o.O

Last edited by Tessar : 08-14-2007 at 03:14 PM.
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:48 PM   #439
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Great dream, Tessar!!

Uh.... Trying to remember the last weird dream I had. I know I had a weird one just the other night, but can't now think what it was. Last night I dreamed I went traveling--I was supposed to be taking the car to the bus station, but ended up just taking the car and going where I wanted to go, which I didn't realize until I was halfway 'there'. And then these bombs started going off, missiles whistling around and exploding, and all I could think in between praying was: "Isn't it ironic? I finally get to travel, and World War Three breaks out! Just my luck."

...And then my alarm clock went off.
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 03:45 AM   #440
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Weird one, Rosie .

Last night, I dreamed that I was walking across an intersection. I was on the crosswalk, crossing, and a Mexican woman in a truck wanted to turn right. I paused on the street because she looked like she was a bit pushy, but when I paused, she paused. Then the instant I began to move forward, she began to inch forward, and then we both stopped again. I was supposed to have right of way, being a pedestrian, but I also was a bit nervous about her based on her behavior. I tried going forward again and she at the same time decided I wasn't going to go forward, so she went forward. Then we both stopped, her still not having made her turn and me still trying to get across, but nervous to try it with her in front of me.

Finally, entirely exasperated and just wanting to get across the street, I started seriously marching forward. She decided the same thing at the same time, stomped on the gas at about the same moment and zipped forward, making the turn and careening by just in front of me, almost brushing me so close did she pass. Having made the turn, she stopped, rolled down her window and stuck her head out to look back at me. Then she hollered, "WHY DON'T YOU JUST MAKE UP YOUR MIND???"

Then the dream ended.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."

Last edited by Lief Erikson : 09-16-2007 at 03:48 AM.
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote