Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 04:53 PM   #421
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Welcome, Udukhaturz! I'm Viniglaen, the Ninth of the Nine! Nice 2 see more Nazgul here...

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 09-28-2005, 10:49 PM   #422
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

I just thought I should come here because it's my 1,700th post!!!! I never would have thought that with the time it took for me to get to 1000, that it would take not even three months to get three-quarters of the way to 2000!

Udukahturz (sorry if I spell your name wrong ):
I'm sure it won't! I can already tell that you won't be one of those who join and post about 30 or less times and never return. Glad to have you here! We've probably got more than nine Nazgul, but the original ones are much welcomed .
Old 09-29-2005, 06:17 PM   #423
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Broshan, Ninth! Lotesse, a lot of forums do not seem to be overjoyed to see us, I have noticed. Basically, we are a quiet lot and do not cause any problems. I am glad to see there are quite a few of us around here.

Troll's Bane, congratulation on your 1,700th post. That is quite a lot.

Do not worry about spelling my name correctly. For simplicity's sake, just call me "Udu," which means in Land of Shadows Black Speech, "Seven." The rest of the name is more a title or description of me, which, in all modesty, I do not find is necessary.

The more of us the merrier! Now, where did you say you kept the wine?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:32 PM   #424
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

I keep a private wine cellar in a cave of mine in Gundabad - here, I brought you a bottle of Nurn '68. Welcome, Udu! My Nazgul name is Viniglaen - Viv for short, because of my vivid eyes & temper! You can see what I'm up to around here if you check out the RPGs "Fellowship of the Ringwraiths" and "Of Wraiths and Kings, Nazguls and Rings." I'm one of the female Nazgul...

Old 09-29-2005, 06:39 PM   #425
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Welcome Udu! Alas, but I am no longer a wraith! At heart, perhaps, but not openly...*ssh! Keep it a secret!* Yeah, come on in to the rpg, you'll have a blast!
Old 09-29-2005, 07:40 PM   #426
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Welcome, Lord Udu!

I am Lilaenwen, the Sixth Nazgul, or simply Lilly

Join our RPG and you will see, I am going to become Queen of Arnor!

Entmoot is the RIGHT place for nazgul, believe me. We are numerous and generally liked (aren't we now?). Can't say we are a quiet lot, though!

Lilly

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 09-29-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:04 PM   #427
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Welcome, indeed, Lord Udu!

yes the Nazgul and Wraith fellowship is strong here currently.

the unholy alliance is growing. (even includes some very holy RL people too) ... Lord Olmer is (for me at least) the main inspiration here ... when he is here )

For myself i am an ex-witch king of Angmar and wraith (...er ... butterfly wraith ! )

welcome aboard ... well if your last board has got quiet ... you have come to the right place! As CS says ... one thing we are not is quiet!

EDIT: btw though, Gordis is the number 7 round here though!!

best BB

EDIT 2:
Quote:
Now, where did you say you kept the wine?
I'm liking you already!

Last edited by Butterbeer : 09-29-2005 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:31 AM   #428
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

"I keep a private wine cellar in a cave of mine in Gundabad - here, I brought you a bottle of Nurn '68." - Lotesse

How did you know? That is my favorite type of wine! *He bows low to Lotesse and then accepts the bottle, tears almost springing to his eyes. Not finding a goblet, he rips the cork off with his teeth and spits the cork out. Taking the bottle by the neck, he tips it up and takes a long drink.*

Thank you! Thank you!

"You can see what I'm up to around here if you check out the RPGs 'Fellowship of the Ringwraiths' and 'Of Wraiths and Kings, Nazguls and Rings.' I'm one of the female Nazgul..." - Lotesse

I must say this is certainly an improvement over this dull lot with whom I have had to deal for all these thousands of years. The conversation should definitely improve.

"Welcome Udu! Alas, but I am no longer a wraith! At heart, perhaps, but not openly...*ssh! Keep it a secret!* Yeah, come on in to the rpg, you'll have a blast!" - The Last Sane Person

I will be very quiet, but I wager that someday you might return. No one ever quite leaves Mordor. *grins*

"Join our RPG and you will see, I am going to become Queen of Arnor!" - Crazy Squirrel

Good luck.

"Entmoot is the RIGHT place for nazgul, believe me. We are numerous and generally liked (aren't we now?). Can't say we are a quiet lot, though!" - Crazy Squirrel

Certainly, everyone likes us. They just don't want to admit it, but secretly, deep down in their hearts, they envy us and want to be just like us. Don't they?

"yes the Nazgul and Wraith fellowship is strong here currently." - Butterbeer

*Drinks to all around* Toasts and cheers!

"welcome aboard ... well if your last board has got quiet ... you have come to the right place! As CS says ... one thing we are not is quiet!" - Butterbeer

Yes, Land of Shadows became as quiet as a tomb, and it was once a fairly lively place.

"btw though, Gordis is the number 7 round here though!!" - Butterbeer

Yes, I discovered that after I arrived here. I should have been Skrishau, Number 8, the Quiet. Just call him Skri for short. We do not go on formalities, only when it is necessary. *thinks of those endless council meetings with the Morgul Lord.. The only thing that makes them bearable is the wine.*

"I'm liking you already!"

I am glad! I like all of you already, too!

*As he slips back into a dark place under the trees, he leans against the bole of one of them and feels it shudder slightly. He looks up at the branches* Did that one over my head just move?... I suppose not...

*finishes the rest of the wine* Ahhhh....
Old 09-30-2005, 09:19 AM   #429
Gordis
Lady of the Ulairi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udukhaturz
"btw though, Gordis is the number 7 round here though!!" - Butterbeer

Yes, I discovered that after I arrived here. I should have been Skrishau, Number 8, the Quiet. Just call him Skri for short. We do not go on formalities, only when it is necessary. *thinks of those endless council meetings with the Morgul Lord.. The only thing that makes them bearable is the wine.*
No problem, Udu means "Seven" and it is OK. And you well deserve the second part of your name - .

I can always move to No.8- Skri!
And, from the beginning, Gordis was supposed to be "Quiet" so it fits.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:18 PM   #430
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordis
No problem, Udu means "Seven" and it is OK. And you well deserve the second part of your name - .

I can always move to No.8- Skri!
And, from the beginning, Gordis was supposed to be "Quiet" so it fits.
Gordis,

*Udu's pale face blushes slightly*

I never would have taken the name of Udu had I known that you were already Number 7. I have even thought of quitting and coming back under the name of Skrishau. Is there any way a user can change a name?

I am interested in joining the Nazgûl RPG but I feel I am so far behind that I might never get caught up, and I wonder where I might fit. I have found the summarization of the thread at "Calling All Nazgul : Formal Info Thread."

Now a question. I feel that this discussion should be taken out of the "Welcome" area and into "*Discussion Thread* Of Nazgûl-Kings-Friends-Rings Campaign (Calling all Nazgûl II)." Would this be correct? There, the rest of you can help fill me in.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:26 PM   #431
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yes! Absolutely. I, Viniglaen, welcome you there. It IS a bit of catching up to get into it, but actually if you just read the RPG itself which is only like 9 pages, that'll give you the purest idea of what's going on - that, and the Formal Info thread that goes with it. The Discussion thread is longer than War and Peace, by now, but the actual story isn't too long and it's easy to read.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:44 PM   #432
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Great!!! Welcome to the game, Udu!

And Gordie! thanks as well!

Happy CS
Old 09-30-2005, 03:52 PM   #433
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

udu / skri : have posted in the discussion thread .. post number #884 .... easy to read that thread, no problem ... think it must be some kind of record btw ... try read the rpg in full if you can as Lotesse said, a bit of the discussion here and there as you can ... and the street (thats the third way ... the info thread - the first time it has ever happened to my knowledge .... (having the street, the third way .. the info thread, that is)

... us wraiths can be mighty persuasive )

best to you and look forward to you entering tharbad!
Old 09-30-2005, 07:32 PM   #434
Udukhaturz
Shadow Lord of Morgul

Viniglaen, CrazySquirrel and Butterbeer,

Once again, I have succumbed to the overpowering lure of the Ring and will join the rest of you. I just need some help as to how I can work in the RPG the best. Just hold the bottle of Nurnian wine out in front of me and I will follow it.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:46 PM   #435
Curubethion
Fenway Ranger, Lord of Red Sox Nation

Dangit, I missed my chance to get another RPGer for Assasin's Shadow!
My wife once said to me—when I'd been writing for ten or fifteen years—that I could always go back to being a nuclear engineer. And I said to her, 'Harriet, would you let someone who quit his job to go write fantasy anywhere near your nuclear reactor? I wouldn't!' (Robert Jordan)
Old 10-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #436
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

The Welcome Thread has been taken over by the Ulairi!

Neil Gaiman
Old 10-02-2005, 07:09 PM   #437
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Indeed.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:30 PM   #438
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Excellent! I would like to make a treaty with them! Peace between evil make a stronger force to fight good!
First, I got to allie both good and evil to fight the 90 second rule.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:47 PM   #439
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Welcome to olorin hamfast, who I just ran into in the Song of the Moment thread. Welcome 2 the Moot!

Old 10-03-2005, 12:22 AM   #440
olorin hamfast
Hobbit

I thank you, O wonderous one! Ive had a few minor distractions whilst Im getting things going here, although Ibelieve I should be up to speed before the end of the 4th age. I dig those trex toons. Nice touch.
Closed Thread