Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-15-2008, 03:00 AM   #421
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

FOREIGN POLICY
1) Who is the bigger threat to Fangorn/Entmoot: Mirkwood or Mordor?

Both Mirkwood and Mordor are thriving countries with their own valuable contributions to the board. I personally come down on the side of Mordor for their equality laws governing weapons. Mirkwood doesn't produce enough weaponry.
That is our first platform! A weapon in every hand, paw, or talon! Fingers should grasp swords, be they bony fingers, clammy fingers, or female fingers!
Equality for all! Weapons for all!

TAXES
2) Will you raise taxes; how much; what will it do for the ecolog--er, economy of Entmoot? Do you support a diaper tax?

Taxes have never been an issue for Entmoot, and I support the current administration's stance on them. As for diapers, what you do in your own home is your private business, even if it hurts.

LAWS
3) Do you support an amendment to ban all taking of Tolkien's name in vain?

Ladies and gentlemen and other folk of the board, if we are not to swear by the great Lord Tolkien, then what shall we swear by and keep our word? Surely not by our "honor" or our "good name."

DOMESTIC PROBLEMS
4) What will you do for the middle class mooters without Health Care?

Give them a sword and a doctor's address.

ENVIRONMENT
5) Data shows that the Teacup Cafe is the singles biggest contributer to Coffee emissions in Mirkwood. Will you put a cap on emissions?

The Teacup Cafe is a refuge from the trials of the world I would never see it removed. However, it may need readjustment in the world of the board so that it may be more accessible to all inhabitants. I know when I'm flying out of Harad and I need a drink before settling at my roost in Mordor, it takes me ages to fly all the way to Mirkwood and then back south.
I suggest that more branches of the Teacup be opened around Middle Earth. I know that Eärniel of the Sea Elves may like a branch at one of our many ports, and I personally would oversee the construction of a large resort in the Dead Marshes. Of course, the menu would have to be changed a bit if we were to open an establishment farther south.
As for the pollution, everyone knows that the blame lies on the customers who patronize the establishment. For every accident, miles of pollution are the result. I propose we hold whatever perpetrators incurred each individual event to clean up the mess. Swords and axes should do the trick.

Since the Teacup is property of the board itself, then it is up to the administration to make these changes, and this is another of the Tyrannical Party's strong points. MORE CAFES in MORE PLACES!
klatukatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:13 AM   #422
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz View Post
Only a little humorless? *swans*
Right. I see. I leave you lot to it, then.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #423
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Klatukatt: awesome platform

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:02 PM   #424
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatukatt View Post
Equality for all! Weapons for all!

Give them a sword and a doctor's address.
That would be an unfair fight: the doctor has a gun and is healthy!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #425
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
That would be an unfair fight: the doctor has a gun and is healthy!
Okay. We'll give them a rocket launcher.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #426
Mari
Elf Lady

Who's the them? If you mean the doctors: nice! If you mean the patients: that would limit the number of doctors...

Old 01-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #427
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

We will give the weapons to everyone. If the sick die, they were already sick. If the doctor's die, it's the patient's fault. Everyone loses!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:46 PM   #428
Mari
Elf Lady

o_O I don't want to get sick and I don't want to become a doctor... Yikes!
*muses* Perhaps I ought to blast everyone of the planet, then I'd be the healthiest person alive!
I do agree that the Teacup could be more prominent.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #429
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

How could it be more prominent? There are X registered posters... there are Y regular posters. The Teacup doesn't necessarily appeal to all of them, what extra access would change that?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #430
Mari
Elf Lady

Yes but now I have to go from the main forum to the general section and then have to seek out the Teacup amongst all the other threads that have been posted in... Do you have any idea how much trouble that process gives a very lazy bum like me?

But seriously: I would find it convenient if I didn't have to search for the old Teacups in the midst of all the other older threads everytime I seem to remember a reference but need to doublecheck it before quoting/ following up on/ refering to it.
However that is just a comment from a very lazy person, so ignore it. I wouldn't know how anyone could make this so anyhow.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:08 PM   #431
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Teacups could be stickied. But I kind of enjoy browsing past other threads looking for things ...that's how I find new threads to post in.

You know, you can make any section, including the general, either your homepage or landing spot. It's all the same to your computer.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
sisterandcousinandaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:16 PM   #432
Mari
Elf Lady

Yeah I did that, but then it kept erorring after a while. Things are fine when I start from the homepage though, don't know why. So I start from the homepage.
I browse through threads by looking at what the spybots are looking at. Found some quite interesting (and quite dead) threads. I know most of the threads in between the the last teacup I wrote in allready, so browsing doesn't lead to much new stuff anymore. I'm discovering the Silmarilion and Middle Earth at the moment. (Sorry Eärniel, I'll get back on track, promise!)

Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #433
Ingwe
Elven Warrior

Give everyone on the plane a gun. Wait, there aren't any planes. Ok, give everyone on the eagle a gun. That way nobody can hijack the...um...eagle. That is, unless the entire passenger manifest are hijackers, then it's kind of still a win/win situation. The trigger happy people will be, um, normal happy. And the normal people (depressed people) will be at least comfortable in the fact that they themselves have guns/bows/rocket launchers/crossbows/AR-33 Assault Rifles/Portable Nukes/whatever.
Ingwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #434
klatukatt
Entmoot's Drunken Uncle

Thank you for your support, Ingwe, and welcome to the board.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #435
Mari
Elf Lady

Dear fellow Mooters,

Yesterday I was walking around, looking at the landscape and thinking of the ways of this country and it’s inhabitants. We are debaters, thinkers, creators! We exchange our knowledge and our thoughts with others and are thus constantly increasing our own. We search the lands for more knowledge to share, more news to debate. We are together looking for and at the ways of the world.
We are intelligent and intelligence needs to be stimulated and fed!

But what are the proposals of those wishing to lead this wonderful creative country? Guns for everyone, make room for aliens, establish an evil Sith lord rule...
Now off course the candidates for presidency have some good points. We should be tolerable and open-minded and who knows what Martians could contribute to our country? But what are the intentions of these Martians? Will they attempt to integrate or will they form an enclave? How many will come? Will they try to change our ways? I do believe this is rather vital information.

And there is the plan to increase the number of Teacup café’s, extend the line so to say. As I love the Teacup, at first I thought it would be a wonderful idea. Imagine: more places where the fire is always burning, where our beloved pets are, more cozy places where we can chat up with other Mooters, where friendships are strengthened and energy restored. The Teacup is where we drink and eat. I dare say that for some of us, it is this place that sustains our creativity by providing food, drinks, normal interaction with other people in a (usually) non-competitive way and an atmosphere where one can relax.
I realized that the Teacup is a unique place which can not be reproduced or duplicated. The location is an important factor of it’s success (close to the places where thoughts are exchanged, but also near breweries, bakeries and other providers), but the most important factor is the people that gather there.
Should new Teacups open all over the place and the people spread out to go to the one close by, they would deprave others – who went to a different Teacup- of their invigorating presence. The Teacup is in my view unique and should remain so.

What then should be changed?

Well, we are slowly moving forward and improving along the way. A new barbeque/ meeting place was recently established, large ovens for baking have been installed and as you might know, I have started a garden-park which will provide us with even more fresh herbs, vegetables and flowers. The herbs will help enrich the medical scene and are often easily gathered and quite effective. AND some of them greatly enhance the taste of our food! They can also be used in soap and oils for (foot)baths.
The vegetables we are cultivating there are not only your everyday veggies, but also the more unknown region-specific kinds are being grown. Or at least: I attempt to. If you have any knowledge, ideas or seedlings to contribute, please come see me. Thank you.
Ahem, where was I? Ah, yes. The park is not only useful, it also is a place to relax. One can stroll around and enjoy the different smells and sights and even taste some of the things, but one can also de-stress by weeding or doing other garden-related work. Just ask the permanent gardeners about the possibilities. They can supply gardening necessities such as tools and information and even seeds for your own garden.
This park is still in it’s early stages though and could use some elven and/or hobbit help to develop further.
In my opinion, this is what the government should be pursuing: more intimate contact with other countries and these contacts should include the exchange of recipes, gardening tips, seedlings and the odd exchange of gardeners for a year or two.
Why the emphasis on food? As I said: we are intelligent, creative people. We exhaust our energies with discussing and debating and we need food and drinks to sustain us. Not just any grub, but a balanced diet, consisting of the best foods we have, that stimulates our minds and is invigorating!
Aren’t all of you happy with the food and drinks that magically appears on the table in the middle of a heated discussion? So you can continue argumenting without having to interrupt it because you feel faint with hunger or thirst?
Food appearing in the middle of a debate isn’t happening very often you say? Well, it should!

“Do you want to turn this country into a garden-state then?”

No! I simply plead for the expansion of the basic structure that enables this country to focus fully on its creativity and the exchange and acquiring of knowledge.
This country, our country, is a wonderful place with all of the basics present. Now we need to expand on the basics and solidify things so that our creativity and knowledge can expand with it.
Thank you for listening/reading.

For more information or other points, please PM me.

Mari

Last edited by Mari : 02-01-2008 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Because BoP wanted the paragraphs to be more clear
Old 02-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #436
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Paragraphs, mari, paragraphs. >.<
Old 02-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #437
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

And we have a new candidate for the elections, by the look of things...
Old 02-01-2008, 05:40 PM   #438
Mari
Elf Lady

Not sure yet. I do have to hand in my final thesis on March 30th.
But I do feel that we can use more green around AND we should off course preserve the green we allready have...
Nothing's final yet though. Ayone sharing my opinion who wants to run for VP? Or Prez?

Old 02-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #439
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Greeting fellow Mooters!

I have returned from sunny Africa and am happy to be back in the shade of these ancient trees.
Old 02-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #440
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Hey FF! I've been keeping up with your Africa trip...nice pics

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
hectorberlioz is offline   Reply With Quote