Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 02:40 PM   #421
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

I think her mace will be defence enough....

Choose a house? Sure. I dont have a map, and sporadic computer access at my uncle's. I'm gonna have the main force circle Tharbad, first thing a patrol does is check out near the city. Shouldn't take that long. The force Shah is leading is gonna go straight for the smoke though.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:21 PM   #422
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

I think the Rochdol field is a good idea.

Very nice posts about the elves, king minders and Shah.

Lotesse, will you tell Lilly Lomi's news in the Tuesday evening? Or you have spent all the night out with Ray? And did Vivvie learn about the alarm and the patrol? And if so, will she report?

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 01-22-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:09 PM   #423
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

nice new posts! It's fun getting our different characters together

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 01-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #424
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySquirrel

Lotesse, will you tell Lilly Lomi's news in the Tuesday evening? Or you have spent all the night out with Ray? And did Vivvie learn about the alarm and the patrol? And if so, will she report?
She'll tell Lilly as soon as she runs into her; in fact - is Lilly at home Tuesday afternoon? Because Viv can talk to her before she has supper with Ray. Or afterward, but I'm not sure how long supper might take. As for Viv getting knowledge of the alarm & the patrol, well, only if Lomi happened to be around (perhaps discreetly following Ray, to keep an eye on him for Viv, just thinking out loud here) and then the owl can go to Viv and let her know all about the alarm. Viv, then, would be obligated to take this news straight to the Morgul Lord. I'm thinking as I type, here, so let me give this one a bit more thought. Shah, and Gordis, what do you think; will the Lomi angle work?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 01-22-2006, 07:05 PM   #425
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

warning .. warning .. warning

My most recent post has major love, angst and one more man-joke, so those who don't like that type of stuff - avoid it like the plague!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 01-22-2006, 07:09 PM   #426
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
She'll tell Lilly as soon as she runs into her; in fact - is Lilly at home Tuesday afternoon? Because Viv can talk to her before she has supper with Ray. Or afterward, but I'm not sure how long supper might take. As for Viv getting knowledge of the alarm & the patrol, well, only if Lomi happened to be around (perhaps discreetly following Ray, to keep an eye on him for Viv, just thinking out loud here) and then the owl can go to Viv and let her know all about the alarm. Viv, then, would be obligated to take this news straight to the Morgul Lord. I'm thinking as I type, here, so let me give this one a bit more thought. Shah, and Gordis, what do you think; will the Lomi angle work?
I meant this lines in Shah's post 766- was it?
Quote:
Ray was on red alert. He had just been itching for action, and when Barli had come with his message, Ray had immediately woken up, excusing himself from Viniglaen’s presence and donning his armor and running back to the stable for Volricom. On his way to the guard house, he ran into Marty in a similar hurry. They wore an identical grin.
It looks like Ray spent the night with Vivvie Haven't you noticed?
Old 01-22-2006, 07:12 PM   #427
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Yes, I knew that. I just forgot for a sec! Then Viv will have overheard Barliman's anxious message, and she would have called for Lomi and then sent her owl to follow Ray & Volcirom, to keep an eye on them, both out of concern, and to have a fast mode of communication available to bring back quick news of what was happening out there.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #428
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Very nice post there, Rian! I can see you put a lot of careful time & work into it; it's very nice!

Old 01-22-2006, 07:26 PM   #429
CrazySquirrel

Oh, forgetful Vivvie! You better tell the story. We need some nazgul romance, otherwise all the romance goes to them elvses.

As for Lilly, she was away to the Commerce class for the most part of Tuesday (btw, you wrongly put "Monday" in your post heading). And when she came back, both Viv and Buz were gone. So leave the talk between the two nazgirls till Wednesday.

And Viv will meet Tol, when she reterns in the morning (Wednesday). Well, perhaps after that night Viv will be in good mood and nice to poor Tol (I start to feel sorry for him in this wolf's den).

Now again, where will we put Tol in Orrodel? I think he would want to keep an eye on Lilly, so he would want to live in the Main house, not in the servant's wing?

Perhaps old Khamul's room?

What do you think, Lotesse and Serenoli? Or somewhere on the same floor wih Lil?

Very nice post, Rian!

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 01-22-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:38 PM   #430
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Oh, you KNOW Viv will be nice to Tolvadok! Viv really DOES love all her Nazgul crew, no matter what kind of hang-ups or foibles they may possess. She even loves Khamul - I mean, for a good long while there, she had a secret admiring young-girl almost "crush" upon Khamul, until he shot her down like that when she went in to talk to him that night. But she loves them all, even if some of them DO tend to get crazy-cruel or devious or whatever. She's definitely without a doubt loyal and caring to her Nazgul fam. And naturally, she'll see Tolvadok needs a little kindness and lightheartedness from a sister-in-arms, after all the others with their heavy-duty drama and intensity!

I'll try and get a Viv/Ray/Lomi/Lilly post in here some time today. Luckily, today I have some time & energy, so I'll really try.

Old 01-22-2006, 07:43 PM   #431
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

OH - about Tolvadok's room - it's really up to Serenoli - (Welcome 2 Orrodel House, Serenoli! ) but I think we should leave Khamul's suite there for his use on weekends or whenever he wants to come over & stay at the luxurious Orrodel mansion, when the Library starts stressing him out - you know, like a weekend home. I'd like that, anyway - TD, what do you say? So, then we can just add another nice bedroom/office suite for Tolvadok. I think we'd need to update our Orrodel house plan. Tolvadok would never get any peace if he had to live adjacent to Lilly's room - she's always playing with Buz in there, you know!

Old 01-22-2006, 07:50 PM   #432
CrazySquirrel

Lilly sent poor Buz out, at least for the next night!

Well I thought about that sitting room on the First floor - the one on the right. It is not adjacent to Lil's but on the same floor.
Do you like it, Serenoli?

Sure, TD, come over sometimes! Not that Lilly will be happy... But CS will!

Clean forgot to ask Sane and Maggie: Why haven't you told the Governor of Tharbad, Lord Azrabel? He is in charge of Tharbad, after all. TD plays him.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:19 PM   #433
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Quote:
Clean forgot to ask Sane and Maggie: Why haven't you told the Governor of Tharbad, Lord Azrabel? He is in charge of Tharbad, after all. TD plays him.
Natural distrust of bureaucracy...?

I dunno. I think he just slipped our minds. I'm sure we'll either let him know or come up with a reason for having bypassed him eventually.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"
Old 01-23-2006, 02:10 AM   #434
Rían

(thank you, Lotesse and CS )

Old 01-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #435
Serenoli
Head of the Department for the Invention and Propagation of Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice!

Well as long as Zimra and any other maids around the house whose names I have forgotten don't think it strange, I have no problem with Tolvadok taking up the sitting room. It would be too suspicious if he lived in Khamul's room... but if he stayed in a room that wasn't originally a bedroom, it would seem more house-keepery.

Join the Harry Potter discussion, click here
Old 01-23-2006, 12:30 PM   #436
Telcontar_Dunedain
Warrior of the House of Hador

I don't mind. If Tol did have Khamûl's room and Khamûl did come and stay then it would make an interesting scene.
Then Huor spoke and said: "Yet if it stands but a little while, then out of your house shall come the hope of Elves and Men. This I say to you, lord, with the eyes of death: though we part here for ever, and I shall not look on your white walls again, from you and me a new star shall arise. Farewell!"

The Silmarillion, Nirnaeth Arnoediad, Page 230
Old 01-23-2006, 01:42 PM   #437
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Wouldn't it make more sense, if Tolvadok is to play the role of housekeeper, that he gets RÃ*an's old room instead of a changed sitting room? Would seem logical, but anyway that's up to the Orrodel-crew.
Old 01-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #438
Rían

Hey, Earniel, do you want to come into the room and visit poor injured Tyaron? That will give him an excuse to "wake up" when he hears you coming through the door. Go ahead and write for my characters - I like your posts

Old 01-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #439
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Gah... As for the warning of Azrabel, I didnt think it necessary. Head of armed froces have control over the military activities, not the governor. Or at least that is my experience. Azrabel can't deploy the forces, neither can the chancellor. Now that Val is here, probably he can, but Shah and Mahtaliel have nothing to report but a hunch. Once that falcon ings her way back, then yes, there will be notice.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #440
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
Wouldn't it make more sense, if Tolvadok is to play the role of housekeeper, that he gets RÃ*an's old room instead of a changed sitting room? Would seem logical, but anyway that's up to the Orrodel-crew.
Absolutely it would! You're totally right here; why didn't we think of this?? Having Tolvadok in the sitting room just sounds wrong, and it would indeed not look right or be right I think to put him up in Khamul's suite - of course it ought to be Rian's former quarters. The sitting room is for entertaining guests and relaxing with a book and a drink, but not for sleeping! That's my take on this, anyway - what do Serenoli et alia think?

Closed Thread