Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-04-2005, 01:54 AM   #421
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
p239 has been slightly changed (....) and (....) where the wraith-names were.
Grey_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:31 AM   #422
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
I know you are a squirrel, but all iask is you stop jumping excitedly to conclusions and stop trying to crush NUTS
BB, you think I am a nutty squirrel. OK, BUT you really are BUTTERBUR who has had too much BEER - I believe it will really take you 3 months to deliver a letter.

I have posted my suggestions twice before that THIRD time. Everywhere there was VIV dancing with EIGHT. I removed only the healing, not the dance.

Anyway here are the carefully observed and objective problems as i see them and my suggestions for my own posts

abbreviated: problems in red (and any suggestions for my posts)
CS in BLUE

234 CS five angry at 8 ref lilly, Mor looks lovey at Viv, lilly then entices Mor
OK
235 GW Mor & lilly dance OK

236 BB i need to cut Goth turned, ... cut the look at Mor .... Xchange Wikkie's laugh till after Gor asks about the Alto
Not at all!!! You seem to have forgotten our debauchery at the Gladden. Have a look! It was Goth, who finnally won Lilly for that night!
So, now he has ample reasons to get mad seeing Lily flirt with his best friend Mor .

237 CS Goth dance with Gor
Yes, and what is wrong with it? Goth has not rushed at Mor immediately, but decides to spite Lily. That was my idea even in the original version. But if you prefer to get someone else dance with Gor, OK, I can make Five do it, while Goth sulks alone.

238 BB i need to change to Lilly & Mor dance and cut that Viv and Mor dance
Lilly always danced with Mor. Eight asked Viv to dance, that's why I asked you to add to this post: "VIV AND EIGHT CAME TO THE DANCING FLOOR AND WERE NOW TRYING TO OUT-DO THEM..."

239 GW here we have a problem ... GW has eight and Viv dancing
Yes, that was correct. Why couldn't Viv dance with Eight? Just to spite the unfaithful Mor? Lotesse, won't you do that? Is it in character?

240 CS here we another problem Khamul pushes the non dancing eight/Viv aside ??? anyway why would Viv be dancing with eight?
Why? because Mor was already taken and Eight asked. Eight was dancing with VIV. First he was healing Lily, then dancing with Viv. Lotesse never objected to dancing only to the massage and her sobbing later. What's wrong?

After that it's basically ok ... except then we have the downstream stuff .. like if khmaul does not push eight away from viv, wikkie cannot clap etc ... Since Viv is not dancing with Eight, what will prompt khamul to get up and confront her? Where then is viv at this point?
Viv was dancing with Eight as in the original

so to be clear ... post 235 5& 8 and viv are watching the dancers

YES

no effective change on 236

It should be: Goth turned and gasped as Lily flirted with Mor who seemed to be hopping mad and almost fey ... yet also passionately grasping lilly's elegant form ...

237 Viv/5/8 glare at lilly by table, a glass is slammed on table by the angry Five. Eight decided to dance with Viv, before Five has the same idea.

238 BB post.. no change ref this
Gor was now dancing with Goth, a thumping orcish beat was thumping through the happy orc .. Lilly and MOR danced ... Viv and EIGHT CAME TO THE DANCING FLOOR AND WERE NOW TRYING to out-do them

239 8 and viv are "continuing to dance" ERROR ALERT in compettiion with Mor and Lil'
No error

240 khamul breaks up non existent dancing etc ERROR ALERT
No error

So if we want to avoid all the unessecary downstream changes, we must alter both 235 and 237 and have Eight and Viv dance!
WAUUUU!!!! YEEESS!!!
IF you have read attentively my first AND second posts you would have noticed that Eight's and VIV's DANCE was always there.

What say you Lotesse: can you think of a good reason for Viv to dance with Eight without getting into head-**** men mind-games with Mor?
THat is up to LOTESSE. Lotesse, Eight asks you for a dance... What say ye?

Well i hope that is now clear!
My squirrely understanding is that all WAS clear from the beginning. Perhaps not to some Bree landlords (no real offence meant )

I really can't say how much i dislike having to spend all this time doing this, and even more being accused, pointed at, maligned and villified for it ...

can anyone say one word hasn't been correct?

Yes. I can. I think the problem was that you have not read my first and second suggestions attentively. Moreover you have obviously forgotten Goths and Lily's tender past.

A) that we should ideally work it out before we begin an elaborate and un-cordinated chaos editing crusade?

Well what say ye, BB and Lotesse and GW.

B) my edits were somewhat temporary due to time and also because i noticed other errors as i went along that it got pointless putting in names till i had time to look at it properly and here-in a course of action is agreed ... nothing wrong with that - nor was any evil intentional or deliberate postings made to somehow ... oh whatever.

UGH-HUH

C) that there were other errors other than just mine that needed amending (fact)

Nope, not now I believe

D) ok i should have said ONLY me deleting PART of my posts rather ALL .. but hopefully you got the idea?
But we (GW AND CS) HAVE already deleted and added to our parts . I was the one to do most of the changes, I believe. You had only to change 3 (three) posts about 4 lines in all. You have typed three or four enormous letters in the discussion thread, instead of doing very minor changes in the main, as asked.
Tell me it is not so

Now can we please agree what we are doing .. no one change anything till Lottesse, CS and GW all concur ... we can still carry on with the rpg ... there is NO NEED AT ALL to rush into the editing .. no need to rush it, better to have an amicable agreement on it by all and do it nice and easy thereafter, yes?

"No need to rush", said Butterbur, putting Gandalf's letter in the bottom drawer of the kitchen table

Why do I have a premonition that again you will write an enormous message instead of editing the three lines?
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:11 AM   #423
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Ho hum.

Actually i am not drinking at the momment

As it stands unless anyone has editied again ... no mention is made (as it NOW stands - here and now) that Viv and eight dance ... therefore it needs to be posted ... is all!

with ref to 237 ... whats the prob? None at all .. errors or changes were in red .. there was no red on that one .... Phew!

The point is to agree the changes before doing them ... an not being funny here but is because you and gw have jumped in already that it is now more compicated.

Actually its pretty easy here on in ... let's just keep it simple and move on, i say.

there WILL be no error on 239 and 240 when someone posts that Viv and eight get up and dance ... because it isn't there now - and that is all that matters - not what was there!

Quote:
Why do I have a premonition that again you will write an enormous message instead of editing the three lines?
What like yours?

as i clearly said i am awaiting everyone's agreement as to what we all want done, everyone (including you my dear CS ) happy etc and then, hey presto! as if by magic it'll be done.

Lottesse:
where we at etc: see Gor's post at 356.

Theres snow up on the tops for skiing but down here? Anyway aint a problem unless you grow vegetables.

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-04-2005 at 07:14 AM.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 08:39 AM   #424
CrazySquirrel

Hello. My notes are in blueHo hum.

Actually i am not drinking at the momment
Good!

As it stands unless anyone has editied again ... no mention is made (as it NOW stands - here and now) that Viv and eight dance ... therefore it needs to be posted ... is all!
Exactly. Please, POST IT!

with ref to 237 ... whats the prob? None at all .. errors or changes were in red .. there was no red on that one .... Phew!
When a squirrel starts chirping it is difficult for her to stop

The point is to agree the changes before doing them ... an not being funny here but is because you and gw have jumped in already that it is now more compicated.

Actually its pretty easy here on in ... let's just keep it simple and move on, i say.

there WILL be no error on 239 and 240 when someone posts that Viv and eight get up and dance ... because it isn't there now - and that is all that matters - not what was there!

Again, please, post it.
Post238 BB
Gor was now dancing ... a thumping orcish beat was thumping through the happy orc .. Lilly and MOR danced ... Viv and EIGHT CAME TO THE DANCING FLOOR AND WERE NOW TRYING to out-do them ...

What like yours?
Yea, quite

as i clearly said i am awaiting everyone's agreement as to what we all want done, everyone (including you my dear CS ) happy etc and then, hey presto! as if by magic it'll be done.
You have had my agreement for the good part of this week

Lottesse:
where we at etc: see Gor's post at 356.

Theres snow up on the tops for skiing but down here? Anyway aint a problem unless you grow vegetables.

My own note: We have chosen our names wisely, o BB!

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 08-04-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #425
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Thanx for all your work on the story, Crazy Squirrel - Those post changes you and Butterbeer mentioned, go ahead and do them BB - like she says, it's only a couple tiny changes, what's the big deal? Thank you.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:56 PM   #426
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Thanx for all your work on the story, Crazy Squirrel - Those post changes you and Butterbeer mentioned, go ahead and do them BB - like she says, it's only a couple tiny changes, what's the big deal? Thank you.

and what about ALL my work?
I've spent bloody hours on this.

Quote:
'what's the big deal?'
From shy, quiet, retiring 'what's the big deal?' Lottesse!

Ho (reverberating) HUM!

Anyway, not being funny or anything ... but insisting on being fair and consistent .. as soon as GW agrees i will! I do beleive it is important to stand by what you say and to ensure if you say something to follow through with it (call me old fashioned) ... i don't though anticipate Gw objecting ... he can then edit 239 as he feels fit.

Hey Grey Wolf! hope you are good? Funny old game this, ain't it?

Quote:
My own note: We have chosen our names wisely, o BB!
only if you think i am a drunkard bumbling forgetfull fat fool ... none of which i am (just for the record )

best
BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-04-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:03 PM   #427
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Jesus christ, Butterbeer. Can you just get over it and let's get back to our story?!?!?

Old 08-04-2005, 03:07 PM   #428
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

wassup? Lost your sense of humour?

jeez - get over what?

Try re-reading it in a light-hearted way for god's sake.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:25 PM   #429
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Butterbeer, sometimes I think you just like to get off on seeing how far you can provoke people, then innocently say "what? li'l old me? what did I do?" Are you even aware of how annoying you can be? I am not trying to insult you, I'm just saying... You're a gifted writer, funny and inventive, and it's a pleasure to moot the story with you, so can you PLEASE just lay off on this constant back-and-forth with discussing trivial fine points so we can CONTINUE OUR STORY?!? Thanks. No offense meant, man, just keeping it real.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:33 PM   #430
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

OK. I agree to whatever needs be agreed to.

Now let's get on with the story.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:05 PM   #431
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Sorry everyone, but this is getting too personal and too nasty for me.

If people read a post with big grins and smilies and consider it provoking and annoying ... and want to get personal about it, it says to me they have a set mind-set when they read whatever you write, and it is no longer a good place to be at.

I have enjoyed being here and will miss it.

Bye'.

BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-04-2005 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:54 PM   #432
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

That is SO too bad, BB. Listen, I am NOT trying to "get personal", I just wanted us to concentrate on what mattered, our killer story, and not to get so bogged down in trivialities, especially after everyone so carefully re-edited each post to make the story more true-to-character and fluid. Please don't leave, BB. As I said before, I meant no offense, but if that's your decision - to leave, that is - then how can our game continue? There are so few of us left. It's a shame we can't all get along smoothly; we might lose our story after all the work each of us has done on it. That would really, really suck.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:26 PM   #433
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I think the ringwraiths have been up to no good (surprising, I know) in this temporary lull - check it out!

http://www.utterpants.co.uk/news/world/ringwraiths.html

Old 08-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #434
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Here's a rudimentary list of spells and powers that ringwraiths have at their disposal, which could prove useful when having our guys and girls do stuff. Anyway, I found it illuminating.

http://www.planetadnd.com/references...the_nazgul.php

Butterbeer, I really, really hope you change your mind. Please come back.
Crazy Squirrel, Grey Wolf - is everyone still on board? I wonder where the others went, how long they'll be gone.

Old 08-05-2005, 04:05 AM   #435
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
If people read a post with big grins and smilies and consider it provoking and annoying ... and want to get personal about it, it says to me they have a set mind-set when they read whatever you write, and it is no longer a good place to be at.
Well, BB, I never got personal about it, I was just joking, as you did. If I have offended you, I am truely sorry.
Everyone has his good and bad moments. Two days ago I also felt like quitting.
Please, return to us!
CS
Old 08-05-2005, 01:08 PM   #436
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Here's a rudimentary list of spells and powers that ringwraiths have at their disposal, which could prove useful when having our guys and girls do stuff. Anyway, I found it illuminating.

http://www.planetadnd.com/references...the_nazgul.php

Butterbeer, I really, really hope you change your mind. Please come back.
Crazy Squirrel, Grey Wolf - is everyone still on board? I wonder where the others went, how long they'll be gone.
I am here and am posting as you see.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:26 PM   #437
CrazySquirrel

Oh, guys I am SO upset!

What shall we do now?

BB, please, return!
Old 08-06-2005, 03:33 PM   #438
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

I know, I'm upset, too. What an enormous bummer.

Old 08-09-2005, 11:59 PM   #439
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Well, you guys, I'm not sure if at this point it's just gonna be me writing our story - no, wait, I'm sure Grey Wolf's still on board but everyone else seems to have either abdicated their role or vanished. I can't tell you all how wonderful it would be if we could all get back together on this and keep going with our rpg, but anyway... I'm not gonna give up on it, anyway; I'm keepin' the faith that you all will eventually show up again.

The rings of minor power all have a special thing that they do for the wearer, but that will be up to the individual character to decide what their particular new ring will do, like a sort of choose-your-own-power enhancement thing. What do you guys think?

Old 08-10-2005, 12:08 AM   #440
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

*come back, come back; to Mordor we will take you!*