Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-14-2002, 02:30 AM   #421
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by FrodoFriend
Spiders - a completely irrational, instinctive fear. Kind of interesting, actually.

Getting stuck in California
Spiders - me, too. When I was little someone saw a black widow on my neck and knocked it off and then told me I could have died! I think that's what started it. Yucky little buggers!

Hey, the northern part of southern california is pretty nice!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 12:20 PM   #422
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
ive been to san fransisco,and its pretty nice.

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 03:17 PM   #423
katya
Elven Maiden

this thread is really long... anyway i am afraid of :

1-standing under ceiling fans

2-getting really old and being crabby and smelling funny

3-myself going insane and doing something i would never do like killing someone

4-the fact that time keeps going on and there's nothing you can do about it and tomorrow i won't still be typing this post

5-bugs, spiders, moths etc.

6-my beliefs being challenged (especially face-to-face)
katya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 03:34 PM   #424
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Quote:
Ah, another moth-hater! Aweful, nasty things aren't they? Keep them away from your room! Before you know they're everywhere! Death to moths! *goes into shock when remembering moth-caterpillar invasion now one year and 10 days ago *
Old 09-15-2002, 04:16 PM   #425
Elenka
The Negative Soul of Entmoot

I would like to mention that I am afraid of very religious people (sorry), hobos, and creaky noises in my room at night

War doesn't determine who is right - war determines who is left.
Elenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 04:28 PM   #426
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally posted by Christiana
ive been to san fransisco,and its pretty nice.
My favorite part is San Luis Obispo, which is halfway between where I live (Ventura county) and San Francisco. I went to college there, and I have to go visit every few years or I go nuts!! It's really lovely. What area are you from?

Elenka - "creaky noises in my room at night" - I'm 43, and I still take a large last step from floor to bed (to keep out of reach of monsters under the bed!) I also don't like when cars go by and reflections from their headlights glide creepily across the ceiling.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Last edited by Rían : 09-15-2002 at 04:31 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:37 PM   #427
katya
Elven Maiden

oh i forgot (by the way i havent read the whole thing so i don't know what has already been said but that doesnt really matter)

my other fear-carnies (the other day i saw this one and he only had one tooth on the top...)

i can also agree with the creaky noises in my room at night. i always also have my bed so i can reach the light switch from bed. i dont like to look at my room in the dark because i watched a few too many "haunted history" episodes and am afraid i will see a ghost or something. irrational fears. also i am afraid of that bloody mary game.
Old 09-15-2002, 04:59 PM   #428
Christiana
Elf Lord

Location: Searching desperately for a swan boat to take to Valinor
parents wont let me say where im from

Having someone to blame is nearly as good as having a solution to the problem

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you habe their shoes. ~Frieda Norris
Christiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 05:21 PM   #429
Rían

Quote:
Originally posted by Christiana
parents wont let me say where im from
I understand completely, unfortunately (and good for them for protecting you!!) ... I said "area" on purpose (not city!) - just meant state, or even general region (East Coast, SouthWest, etc.). See if that's ok - if not, I understand. Try to get to San Luis Obispo some day, though - stay at the Apple Farm Hotel (and eat at their restaurant!) Also consider going to Cal Poly San Luis Obispo - great college for architecture and engineering, and they have a large "aggie" (agricultural) section, too - such fun to go to a college that has a swine unit! (But I didn't visit there, mostly visited the horse unit - I love horses!)

Last edited by Rían : 09-15-2002 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2002, 08:20 PM   #430
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

*mutters* freaks *under breath*

You, Katya! You are just about scared of your shadow...well let me tell you *EVIL GRIN* It's as bad as you THINK, and they are out to get you.
HEE HEE HEE

Teasin' you freaky people....no honestly, i dont want hate mail, I am teasin

This one is deactivated, I think.
Aeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 08:47 PM   #431
katya
Elven Maiden

they are out to get me!! i am afraid of being watched. i forgot about that one too. ever since i saw the truman show. big brother is watching you!!!!! oh yeah and mirrors. that kind of ties in to the bloody mary thing. i am not really afraid of my own shadow though but now that i think about it it is kind of creepy especially late at night when it's dark all around and i am home alone. stop freaking me out!!!!
Old 09-15-2002, 08:59 PM   #432
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

*snickers*

LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU THERE'S BLOODY MARY~!

Old 09-15-2002, 09:07 PM   #433
katya
Elven Maiden

eek! but that's ok there arent even any mirrors out here in the living room.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:55 AM   #434
Sicirus
Elf Lord

[QUOTE]Originally posted by katya
[1-standing under ceiling fans

I get afraid that the fan will fall on me. And I do not like those little flying monsters that we call moths.

I heard once that one of the most feard thing is to be restraind. Not being able to controle your own body movements.(sp)
(
Old 09-16-2002, 08:55 PM   #435
Aeryn
Bank'ress of Sith

Sicirus

No, I think the most common is either death, heights, closed in spaces (of any kinds) and creepy crawly fly eatin' web spinnin' poisoned fanged FREAKS like black heart (frilly underthings sheesh) j/k about the blakc heart thing it's spiders.

Old 09-16-2002, 10:12 PM   #436
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I am afraid of big spiders and crickets. My sister was chasing me with a cricket in her hand and I was screaming and crying and running around. Funny, because I don't mind moths and other small bugs.

When I was about 12 I was scared of dying. I used to lie in bed and think the universe will go on forever and ever without me. Scared me to death.

I remember on Seinfeld that they said people are more afraid of giving speeches than dying (I don't know if thats true). So people would rather be in the coffin than give the eulogy.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:20 PM   #437
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by cassiopeia
I am afraid of big spiders and crickets. My sister was chasing me with a cricket in her hand and I was screaming and crying and running around.
I used to be scared of crickets until I got nominated to catch the damned things for 7th form biology dissection! I can tell you, you soon get over any phobias you have of the little critters when you catch about 20 or so.... I still have a deepseated hatred for wetas though (I don't care if the production company is named after the little blighters, they're still #$%!ing ugly, and nasty! )
Old 09-16-2002, 10:25 PM   #438
cassiopeia
Viggoholic

I think my fear of crickets stems from when I was about 12 a friend of mine (some friend ) put a cricket down my dress. I always check my bed at night for nasty bugs and spiders. I am supposed to care for all animals......but I can't help hating insects.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:31 PM   #439
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Yeah, I used to hate crickets/wetas for the same reason... I was fine with them as long as they kept out of my way, but then one day, dad put one under the door while I was on the telephone! And another time he put a stick insect down my shirt.

You should have seen me trying to catch the crickets.... Here cricky cricky cric--- Aaaarrrgh! *run*
Old 09-16-2002, 11:28 PM   #440
Rían

Is a "weta" New Z.-ish for a cricket or a cricket-like-bug? I though WETA (the LOTR WETA special effects group) was just an acronym for something (Wild Effective Total Animation, or something like that).