Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 03:12 PM   #421
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Boy, N, if that isn't something to VENT about BIG TIME, then nothing is. As a fellow Mooter, you have my hopes that whatever the outcome, it won't be too traumatic for you and your brother.
You can always count on your fellows here.
Old 12-01-2005, 03:34 PM   #422
Nerdanel
Spammer of the Happy Thread

Thanks everyone.. I've been talking to everyone in my family now, so it feels a bit better. I will go there tomorrow, and spend the weekend with my brother.

I've actually waited for this for many, many years. Still, when it does happen, it's a bit surprising.. I think it's for the best, my parents' relationship hasn't been very constructive in years. I just wouldn't want my brother to have to be the only kid there. I'm sure he'll manage (thanks for your words, Jon), but it won't be easy. I don't know what he thinks, he is very quiet about what he feels.

Thanks for your concerns. *hugs*

- C. Sagan

My (photography) website
My Flickr page
Old 12-02-2005, 11:42 PM   #423
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

vent-I got written up yesterday at work...my final written notice which means one more and I'm fired...I never even got a verbal notice and I didn't realize that 2 of the things I was doing were wrong to begin with! I want to quit so bad! *sigh* but I can't...at least not until next summer...if I quit now we'll have NO $ for anything plus I would loose my insurance! can't take that chance!

antivent- just finished putting up decorations for Christmas (a little early for me but hey, it was a cleaning weekend and I figured it was now or never!)

Last edited by Arien the Maia : 12-02-2005 at 11:44 PM.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:25 PM   #424
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

In my humble experience, your doomed . It seems they are just out to get you....they save insurance, etc. Unfortunately (yrs. ago) I've been there too.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:36 PM   #425
Arien the Maia
Fëanáro's Fire Mistress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
In my humble experience, your doomed . It seems they are just out to get you....they save insurance, etc. Unfortunately (yrs. ago) I've been there too.

thanks it helps to know I'm not alone!
Old 12-04-2005, 07:17 PM   #426
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Vent: I wish that in Entmoot debates, people would assume the best of one another. Rather than jumping to negative conclusions, like "this person is intentionally slandering me," or, "this person is trying to misrepresent me," or, "this person is trying to snare me," or, "this person is trying to attack me," or, "this person plainly has a hideous personality," or, "this person has is maliciously trying to destroy me," why can't we just put the best possible interpretation on other people's actions? If someone is "slandering" me, why can't we just assume they're "misinterpreting" me, as is MORE THAN LIKELY the case? Or if someone is "maliciously trying to destroy me," why can't we just assume that they actually merely disagree with our arguments, and don't hate us as people? If someone "has a hideous personality," why can't we just assume that they rather have had a different background than us, and thus their ill behavior might be completely understandable?

Entmooters are such lovely people . . . why in debates can't we assume the best of one another? We will almost always find that assumption well founded.
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Old 12-05-2005, 01:05 AM   #427
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I totally sympathize I've even had people tell me what I'm thinking, like they can read my mind or something! And I can't think of ONE time when they've been right. Fortunately, it's only a few people that do this, but these few really leave a bad taste in your mouth

I think that if people descend to personal attacks, it indicates that their arguments must be weak. I think if you can't win a debate on the merits of your argument, then you better rethink your position.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:31 AM   #428
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

i wish that it wouldn't hurt whenever i swallow.

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 12-05-2005, 02:49 AM   #429
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Geh, I know how you feel, only for me its more my head then throat. Killer headaches...
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:04 AM   #430
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Man, that's it. Headaches are against the law! Anyone with headaches are to vanish from their home and be...um...rehabilitated over a nice hot cup of tea over in the Teacup Cafe. Maybe a little Jizz (yes, Jizz) will clear ya up?
Old 12-05-2005, 12:08 PM   #431
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I'd love to vanish at times. This last week the barametric pressure changes have triggered "M" class headaches four times. Enough already.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #432
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

*feels sorry for head-achy and sore-throaty people*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 12-05-2005, 01:23 PM   #433
Tamuril Sirfalas
Elven Warrior

STUPID F***ing project!! its this " flour baby " project. you have to carry it around for 7 days and its 2.5 kg of annoyance. you have to carry it around EVERYWHERE and it hurts my damn wrist and i just want to kill it!!!!

Nin o Chithaeglir, lasto beth daer:
Rimmo nin Bruinen dan in Ulaer!

REST IN PEACE GRANDMA, GREAT AUNT, GREAT UNCLE .....they're gunna fly with the angels now so say goodbye..but i can't. You don't really realize the importance of someone until they are gone
Old 12-05-2005, 01:41 PM   #434
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Well think how youd feel if it was growing and cried and you had to change its... bag...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 12-05-2005, 01:47 PM   #435
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

Ha, utterly pointless assignment, unless it is to condition your arms. I failed that flour bag thing once, I fell asleep and my mother thought that was the flour for cooking that she bought. I had some very good pie that night, and wondered where my project was.

Right now I am taking some asprin and hot tea, it helps.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #436
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Yeah Im pretty sure eating your own child would hurt you when you are being graded on your motherly abilities...

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 12-05-2005, 03:55 PM   #437
Rían

I think it's a great project, though certainly annoying and inconvenient.

Perhaps that's the point ...

Old 12-05-2005, 03:58 PM   #438
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Is this for "perspective or iminent mothers". I know of that.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:07 PM   #439
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

No, its not, even the guys had to carry around a flour sack, and I am pretty sure that none of them were prospective or immanent mothers, unless my eyes were severely cheated!

Yeah, eating your kids doesnt exactly get high marks for motherhood. But I can tell you, these babies make excellent berry pie!

Vent: Alternating between headaches and sore throat, geebus, i wish my body could decide which it wants and stick with it!

Last edited by The last sane person : 12-05-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #440
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I'm thinking then of the "live response babies" project they gave girls and boys who were in classes for prospective parents, when I was out west. You had to take care of it just like a child as it was programed to do all sorts of things at random.

Maybe the flower sack thing is a cheap version just to get one used to the fact that carrying around small children isn't all roses.
Closed Thread