Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

*twiddle* I'll give Fimb one more day... *checks watch*
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 06:59 PM   #422
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

"The Hytorax" is over, now. Great RPG; I had enormous fun writing it! It's been an enormous pleasure working with all of you in this! Thanks one and all for joining in; it's been marvelous!
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

~Oscar Wilde, written from prison

Oscar Wilde's last words: "Either the wallpaper goes, or I do."
Lief Erikson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 07:11 PM   #423
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Oh wow Lief. That was an amazing read. I'm nearly in tears over here .

Awesome way to end it.

Thank you guys, this was a really fun RPG and I think I enjoyed it more than the previous two I was involved in .

Sooo... what now?
Old 08-14-2004, 07:20 PM   #424
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

http://forum.atharon.com/phpbb2/index.php
If the world has indeed, as I have said, been built of sorrow, it has been built by the hands of love, because in no other way could the soul of man, for whom the world was made, reach the full stature of its perfection.

Old 08-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #425
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Hummm. Looks interesting .
Old 08-14-2004, 07:33 PM   #426
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

It's our new home. Falathion and I wanted freedom from the restrictions of Tolkien's world, so we constructed our own. We're inviting all our friends here to join in. Some of my family members have joined in, and some of Falathion's friends. I don't think I'll be playing any more Entmoot RPGs, but Atharon is the wings I'm planning to take flight on. We'll ascend to new heights and new games, with more freedom and more awesome of games then we're here capable of creating. I'd really like it if you'd join, and everyone else who's participating in Hytorax. We might post a broad link later on so that others all over the RPG forum might have access to this site, but that's for future possibilities. Our group of roleplaying friends here are the first invited .

Old 08-15-2004, 06:17 AM   #427
Mathron
Hobbit-Huorn
RPG Moderator

Bravo, Lief. Brilliant ending - I definitely felt it throughout.
I'll be checking out your place, and definitely look forward to whatever may come...

Guys, it's been great throughout. I think we all brought this together, to the phenomenal end of it all.

-Matt
Old 08-15-2004, 06:37 AM   #428
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

So it is done at last. Beautiful ending too.

It has been a wonderful experience. Thank you all!

I'm sorry I haven't been of much use the last 2 weeks but I was oddly utterly inspirationless.

So you won't be playing anymore Entmoot RPG's, Lief? A pity, but I can understand your wish to go beyond the limits of Middle-earth. Best of luck to you and Arat-Falathion with Atharon! And quite possibly you'll see me there turning up too.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:08 PM   #429
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

(Sighs with pleasure) I'm really glad this RPG has come off so well. I'm also glad you've all agreed to check Atharon out . The rules there are somewhat different from what you'll be used to, and the world itself is quite different. I believe it is much closer to the real world around us. There's a lot of depth. Don't let the amount of information that's been posted overwhelm you, when you look at the site. One doesn't need to read everything before entering the RPG.

I'm stopping roleplaying on Entmoot because I feel the RPGs in Atharon will be even better. There's a deep history to the Atharon world, and to each individual nation. Racism, religion, and the sources of magic and spirit will be encountered. The RPGs will be for more mature audiences in some ways too. Violence in some later RPGs will probably become more intense then it has been in Hytorax, and sexuality also is going to exist (unlike in Entmoot RPGs where it's very rightly ignored). I see Atharon as a more mature world, more like reality then what we have hitherto dealt with. I also feel more comfortable with making massive changes or events occur. This will be a major reason for the Atharon RPGs being deeper and better. We might have people or events transform large things about the world, while I'm extremely unwilling to greatly change the course of history in Middle Earth.

I anticipate RPGs better then we've experienced on Entmoot, and I want everyone to join the fun! I hope you have time, and I'm glad you'll be checking it out.

Thanks everyone for your kind words about the last posts of Hytorax. I'm glad we were able to see the RPG through to its completion . It's been very rewarding.

Finrod, I hope you'll join us in Atharon too. Do you think you'll have time?
Quote:
Originally posted by EƤrniel
I'm sorry I haven't been of much use the last 2 weeks but I was oddly utterly inspirationless.
(Shrugs) It happens.

Old 08-18-2004, 12:02 AM   #430
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

I will try, as you may or may not know, I am touring the country with a singing group...

Hojaworld

I'm Aaron Balzer, and this RPG has been one of the most memorable...please feel free to email me at freakin_aaron@hotmail.com and add me to MSN.
But I promise I will see you all around.
Old 08-21-2004, 04:57 PM   #431
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

I didn't know about the singing group. Have fun! Join us when are in the mood and have time .

Old 08-22-2004, 06:00 PM   #432
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Not untill now did I have time to read the ending to this story, and what a blazing conclusion to this rpg that has lasted for little less than one and a half year!! It has been a great story, great writers and wonderfull people that have come together here and created art!

I must thank everyone for this incredible experience I've been a part of, and I hope to play with you all again You'll find me in Atharon with Lief and his siblings
Old 09-25-2004, 05:44 PM   #433
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

A beautiful ending...so Fimbren has at last returned home...
Old 09-26-2004, 02:44 PM   #434
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

Did you reread the conclusion just before saying that, or are you remeniscing ?

Old 09-29-2004, 12:34 AM   #435
Finrod Felagund
King of Nargothrond

Reread the ending...so beautiful....
Old 09-29-2004, 05:27 PM   #436
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

indeed it is
Old 09-29-2004, 05:58 PM   #437
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I refuse to read it again.

I can't risk getting my math-homework wet.

Maybe later... (just once more... I swear... then never again... neeeeveeeer O_O)
Old 09-30-2004, 08:32 AM   #438
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

A story that went for about one and a half year should have a good ending closure, and indeed that happened for this story! I've read it twice... we should get this story rewritten some time
Old 10-02-2004, 10:56 PM   #439
Lief Erikson
Elf Lord

It's fun not having anyone complain about my killing nearly every character at the end . Those last posts could do with a little editing, of course.

If it were ever edited, we really ought to kill Glimdrell too . . . Unless of course you're planning to use him again in an RPG. You've got a good lead-in.

Sad how we're all so time-constrained.

Old 10-03-2004, 07:50 AM   #440
Arat-Falathion
A'mael Dalharen Eldarele

Whether Glimdrell is still alive remains a mystery Yes, most character died. But not in vain! They gave their life for the survival of many, and that is true heroism! So indeed I felt it was a fitting end for Iriana. If Glimdrell died, then he didn't die that heroically, he let emotions drive him a little too much there

You never know, perhaps I'll use him again in another game. Perhaps even in another setting with other skills and better personality

And yes, time is not much spendable these days. I have so much homework right now!! I long for a vacation!