Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #401
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

VORONWEN'S BACK!!! *throws his arms around her knees and hangs on* O never leave me again so cruelly!! :'(

So that's what made ME happy today!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #402
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

WHAT THE ....... ?????

It's, ermm... nice to know that my presence is appreciated!
" ...But the Exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."

"Ye who believe in affection that hopes, and endures, and is patient,
Ye who believe in the beauty and strength of woman's devotion,
List to the mournful tradition still sung by the pines of the forest ... "

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Evangeline

Old 08-28-2009, 06:45 AM   #403
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

It's good to have you back, Tessar has been whimpering and bemoaning your disappearance all week, we've only just been able to stop him from hanging up 'missing' posters. If you now re-enter the Singing thread, I don't think you'll get to leave again anytime soon.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #404
Mari
Elf Lady

I bought a... Venus Flytrap!!! I went to an annual art- and weird stores bazaar today with my mum and grandmum and it was awesome! A Venus Flytrap, people! I'll make sure to keep it well-fed. And they said it can just stay outside in the winter as well.
One of the stems already attempted to eat the bag it was wrapped in for transport *huge grin*
I named him Osgar.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 08-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #405
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel View Post
It's good to have you back, Tessar has been whimpering and bemoaning your disappearance all week, we've only just been able to stop him from hanging up 'missing' posters. If you now re-enter the Singing thread, I don't think you'll get to leave again anytime soon.
LOL, at the missing posters!

It is indeed good to be back, Earniel And well i guess that since i've already posted a few times in the Singers' Thread that Tessar won't let me leave again now for a while, LOL! That's ok, i'll be around now until Christmas!

Mari.... a Venus Flytrap?! Wow. I'm not sure i'd want one of those in my house. You know, Little Shop of Horrors and all that stuff...
" ...But the Exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."

Old 08-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #406
Mari
Elf Lady

I've never seen it actually. But I'm confident he'll do great. He's outside now, getting adjusted. Apparently they need lots of light and water.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:19 PM   #407
Mari
Elf Lady

I got myself a job! Teaching Dutch and English to a 10-year old for about 2 hours a week! ^_^ It's not all certain yet, but it looks like it's going to be great! I'm going to have to invest a lot in it though! (timewise I mean) I'm actually kinda anxious about it o_O

Old 08-31-2009, 02:25 PM   #408
Amael
Elven Warrior

Congratulations!!! Dutch is a beautiful language as is most languages, probably why I'm so into Tolkien. That job sounds like a lotta fun!
Old 08-31-2009, 04:03 PM   #409
Mari
Elf Lady

Thanks! It's scary as hell too though! It's quite a responsibility.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #410
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I went to an awesome yoga class this afternoon (the recreation center at my school offers yoga on Tuesday and Thursday). It was a really tough workout... I've always loved how yoga works the breathing, strength, endurance, AND flexibility all at once. It's awesome!

Also my assignment for Jazz history is to listen to the local jazz radio station and take notes of what pieces are played, etc.... so that's pretty cool!

Between those two things and a hard day of school, I'm (hopfully!) gonna sleep like a log tonight .
Old 09-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #411
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I played my harp last night for pretty much the first time since I injured my foot almost 2 years ago. It's just been a rather hellish 2 years, what with injuries, surgeries, rehab, let alone multiple and severe family issues. I was very rusty, but it felt so good - music is truly beautiful and healing.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #412
Amael
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Thanks! It's scary as hell too though! It's quite a responsibility.
Sounds more fun than scary, but I see how it could be scary too!

Wow I am getting a lot more posts around here latelly! Maybe I should slow down. I left both short and long posts lately. I bs'd a lot in the global warming topic, I think I said all that could be said on that, at least from my part on it. My presentations in debates are too long to be replied to, it's not that I offer a good argument in the least! But maybe, just maybe, I was intelligent with that post.

Got up at 7 AM today, ran the track with my husband before he went off to work, and then showered. It was a bit chiilly so I turned on the electric heater in the shower room, then blew the circuit because too much else was operating on the circuit. Kinda bad since this particular shower room has no windows, and the circuit also controls the lights. So I was in the dark, having to pat my way through the room to first find the door knob, then the towel. Then went down, reactivated the circuit. Ya, pretty standard stuff. That's happened twice before. Most everything else is on a good circuit while this part is on a crappy circuit that always goes if you put much more than a few lights, a microwave, and a heater on it.

Also, welcome back Voronwen! I don't believe I was around to greet you when you first joined! So also, welcome to the Entmoot!

Last edited by Amael : 09-03-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #413
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post
I played my harp last night for pretty much the first time since I injured my foot almost 2 years ago. It's just been a rather hellish 2 years, what with injuries, surgeries, rehab, let alone multiple and severe family issues. I was very rusty, but it felt so good - music is truly beautiful and healing.
Wonderful, Rian! Do you also sing? Feel free to come over to the Singers' Thread, if you want.

I agree 100% that music is healing.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:51 PM   #414
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amael View Post
Also, welcome back Voronwen! I don't believe I was around to greet you when you first joined! So also, welcome to the Entmoot!
Thank you, Amael It's good to make your acquaintance.

Old 09-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #415
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voronwen View Post
Wonderful, Rian! Do you also sing? Feel free to come over to the Singers' Thread, if you want.

I agree 100% that music is healing.
I can carry a tune, but that's about it - I'm no singer I scan the singers' thread at times - you guys amaze me! Who knew there was so much to singing?

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 09-03-2009, 04:12 PM   #416
katya
Elven Maiden

I also agree that music is healing! I can't count the times I've been upset, and playing the piano calmed me down so much. Listening helps too, but playing is the best. I want to learn harp now, RÃ*an. I'm seriously going to look into it, right now. It sounds lovely.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:41 PM   #417
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an View Post
I can carry a tune, but that's about it - I'm no singer I scan the singers' thread at times - you guys amaze me! Who knew there was so much to singing?
Well, come on over any time. I find it to be a learning experience to 'talk shop' with other singers. It sort of adds to and solidifies the physical experience of learning to then go out and talk about it. I think this is along the lines of how teachers 'learn' from their students. Something about discussing technique helps the mental part of it sink in better ("mental practice"?), and then of course the physical part is solidified through actual practice. But that thread is for singers from all walks of life, not just for those of us who have been classically trained or those who have been or are on a career path. I think this is only a small percent of us. But everyone who has an interest in singing is welcome there.

Old 09-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #418
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya View Post
I also agree that music is healing! I can't count the times I've been upset, and playing the piano calmed me down so much. Listening helps too, but playing is the best. I want to learn harp now, RÃ*an. I'm seriously going to look into it, right now. It sounds lovely.
Some day I want to learn the harp. You know... that and the cello. And every other instrument in the world.

But harp is a big "to do" on my "someday" list .
Old 09-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #419
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
Some day I want to learn the harp. You know... that and the cello. And every other instrument in the world.
Count me in for the viola da gamba!

Old 09-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #420
katya
Elven Maiden

Count me in for cello also! My housemate actually has a cello, which would be convenient if I were to learn it. I'm putting harp at the top of my list, though.
Closed Thread