Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #401
Mari
Elf Lady

Now... I don't know what to write. I'm waiting for Andreas to tell me if I can tell the others Quickleaf isn't dead or for Amael to come up and talk to me.
Feel free to come bring the poor guards some food

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 AM   #402
feawen
The Lady of Laughter

ya! poor nami and ellysa noones feeding them!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #403
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Now... I don't know what to write. I'm waiting for Andreas to tell me if I can tell the others Quickleaf isn't dead or for Amael to come up and talk to me.
Feel free to come bring the poor guards some food
How would Ellysa know that Quickleaf is alive? Whatever visions she has I'm going to have to ask you to keep that as 'circumstancial evidence' or just simply that she doesn't know (which would be the most natural!) for your character okay

---

I have so little time these days to write here but I'll come around when Easter shows up on the calendar (2 weeks time)
Old 04-02-2009, 06:38 AM   #404
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I'm surprised at you people. The fight went pretty well, but as soon as it stops, none of you can think of something to say or do? Come on, now! You've been silent all week.

Anyway, those who still have something to do or finish in this scene, please do so before Monday, because we'll be doing a time jump to the Carnen-river then. (It's about time I brought Radagast back in. Poor wizard, neglected for all those months...)
Old 04-10-2009, 11:13 AM   #405
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

...hi, everyone.

I'm just popping in to apologize for sort of abandoning this RP last year. It's something I do with horrific regularity when I run out of inspiration, but I *am* sorry, because this was one of the best RPs I've ever been involved in, and I've tried to write for quite a few.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:17 AM   #406
Mari
Elf Lady

Can we welcome you back or would you rather not try to join in again?
We just hit another of those 'no one is writing, what shall I do!? ' spots...

Old 04-10-2009, 11:22 AM   #407
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

You mean you didn't kill Tabril off? Ok, you people are awesome.

What's the pace like? My RL situation is such that I can get a post in somewhere between once a week and once a fortnight - if the thread's slow-moving, then I can rejoin.

If that's not going to be enough to keep up (and please do be honest!), then I can come back in mid-July when my internet access will be back to normal.

And I *promise* not to leave again without at least saying something.
*feels horribly guilty*

Old 04-10-2009, 11:26 AM   #408
Mari
Elf Lady

It's not moving at all at the moment, but for the rest, it's not that high paced I think.

I (or someone else) will fill you on later, but I gotta run now. Dinner is on.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #409
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Ok If you guys decide it's ok for me to join in again (and it's ok if you'd rather not since I can't post often, I completely understand) then if someone could PM me a description of recent events - basically where we are and what's just happened - that'd be fantastic

Enjoy your dinner, Mari!

Edit: I thought a status post couldn't hurt, either way - if I've made any wrong assumptions, corrections are welcomed!

Last edited by Aikanáro : 04-10-2009 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:43 AM   #410
Earniel

Aika! Nice to see you again! No, we didn't kill off either Tabrîl or Abasi, although I was thinking of eventually retiring the characters (sending them home) since you had been long silent (Curufin mentioned you were rather busy in RL) and Curufin herself took a break from messageboards. Willow even gave you an opening to withdraw a while ago saying the bond was weakening and Tabrîl could probably return home. I'd love you to stay, though, although I realise we'll have to work around Curufin not being here.

Posting once a week or once a forthnight sounds very reasonable. We never move too quickly, the last fight took us a whole week in RL so I think it should do nicely. We're rather slow now, as Mari said, but I reckon the Eastern Holidays also have a role to play, the entire Entmoot is a lot more quiet than usually.

As for a status report, I'll start right after Dol Guldur, which I think is the last place in the game you posted.

After Dol Guldur, Radagast went ahead to scout the territory. He left markers for the others to follow. The others first went to the nearest town at the edge of the forest in the East Bight to buy supplies. Aerin bought a horse, and brought along a new companion Magor, a rider from Rohan (also played by Midge). Most of the others got into a barfight over a card game where Hedrim likely tried to cheat. Quickleaf got knocked on the head and so regained his sight again. And they all very quickly fled the scene to avoid any capture or repercussions.

Underway they came across the remains of a long-dead Ent, probably looking for the Entwives too but got too close to Dol Guldur. They left Greenwood and travelled north-east towards the Iron Hills. At the river, they met up with the Raft-Elves, in charge of shipping wine from Dorwinion to Thranduil's hall. The leader of the Raft-Elves, Sirandion, explained that Radagast had asked them to take the adventurers and their horses on board since travelling on the river would be quicker. The adventurers were to travel with the Elves until the place where the river meets the river Carnen. Radagast would be waiting for them there. With the Raft-Elves was a new companion, Barufiniel, an Elf from Rivendell, (played by Varnafindë) who was also invited by Gandalf to join this quest, but couldn't meet up with the others in Rhosgobel at the start of the game.

Since then, our group, minus Radagast, has been travelling with the Raft-Elves. There was a small fuss when A'mael got bitten by a snake, and a larger fuss when the rafts were attacked by raiders on the river and a large fight started. First the fight started with archers, then a few hand-to-hand combats broke out. Haldis called bees into battle. The raiders finally fled when the Ents started tossing boulders. Quickleaf fell in the river, got hit, and is presumed dead. Carnehillion dived after him but ended up rescuing another Elf.

Now they've all made camp to tend to the wounded, and that is where we currently are in the game. I plan to do a little time-jump soon, if no one has anything more to do or say in this scene, and bring us up to the meeting place with Radagast.

If anything isn't clear, please ask.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:38 PM   #411
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Thank you, Eärniel! I've read the last few pages of what I missed, but your summary was very clear and extremely helpful!

I don't think it'll be too difficult to work around Curufin's absence - we can just assume that when Tabrîl's not interacting with the others through my posts, she's off-stage with Abasi somewhere (which also works as an IC explanation of my infrequent posts if thread activity should happen to pick up at some point in future)

I also don't think it's straying from her character too much for her to have paid very little attention to Baru thus far (sorry, Varna! ) and so I can fit her back into the story without a great deal of backposting and such. All is good.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:31 PM   #412
Mari
Elf Lady

Heh, does Baru ever get to see Tabril?
I liked your post by the way.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #413
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Willow even gave you an opening to withdraw a while ago saying the bond was weakening and Tabrîl could probably return home.
I actually edited that out yesterday.
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 04-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #414
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

I think Baru should make some comment on seeing Tabril, but not try to establish any contact with her until Aika is back so we can discuss it further. I was going to discuss similarly with Rinkë, but we hadn't got around to it yet when she took her break.

You might be interested to know, though (if I haven't already told you), that Aika was responsible for the name change from Barufiniel to Varnafindë. She didn't exactly make the Quenya version, a friend of ours did that, but she was the one to realise that Barufiniel was a Sindarin name, and to encourage me to get a Quenya version.

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Old 04-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #415
Earniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikanáro View Post
I don't think it'll be too difficult to work around Curufin's absence - we can just assume that when Tabrîl's not interacting with the others through my posts, she's off-stage with Abasi somewhere (which also works as an IC explanation of my infrequent posts if thread activity should happen to pick up at some point in future)
Okay, sounds good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow Oran View Post
I actually edited that out yesterday.
Ah, well, then Aika has no choice but to play on.
Old 04-12-2009, 08:29 AM   #416
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

A lot to catch up on I see!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #417
Mari
Elf Lady

Ah, Aika. I missed our reluctant elves Glad to have you back! I hope Rinkë will come play again too sometime

Old 04-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #418
Aikanáro
Chaotic Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Heh, does Baru ever get to see Tabril?
I liked your post by the way.
Thank you!

And I think Varna has the right idea and while Baru might spot Tabrîl staring at her, they probably won't get much interaction until we have time to discuss it.

I'm very glad I came back.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #419
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

Welcome back, Aika

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Old 04-20-2009, 04:53 PM   #420
Earniel

Since nobody seems to have anything to finish in this scene, we're doing a short time jump, bringing the rafts to the meetingpoint where the Carnen flows into the Celduin.