Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #401
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Typos can be costly... especially when you place them on your airline ticket because you've failed to spot them.

On the "plus" side though - It was actually four times cheaper for me to buy a new ticket, rather than to correct the spelling of my name on my old booking. But still an expensive and stupid mistake by me.
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:37 AM   #402
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I just want to cry.

I'm failing two classes because I know the material but I haven't had time to get all of the homework done, AND I LEARNED THE SLOW METHOD. OMG I'm so freaking pissed. I -know- the stuff!!!! But I learned how to do it the slow way... now that I know the fast way I'm catching up, but I don't have the time or energy to really give it my all.

I'm failing a third class, although that will turn around soon, because I missed the day of my exam due to being a DUMB RETARD and writing down the wrong day, then when I went in I totally lost it and just failed the exam (piano... my hands were shaking so badly that even though I knew everything on the test I couldn't play it right).

I can't go to the singing competition, because despite working my ass off it's -still- not going to be enough money.

I had to skip two days of work (Tuesday/Wednesday) to get my freaking tests/homework caught up on.

The moving out thing is looking like it's not going to happen any more, because that would definitely place more financial strain on me.

I don't know how I'm going to fix everything, I screwed myself over, it's completely my own fault, and it's too late to make things completely right.

I have to fix this, I really do... because I am not sacrificing my education for anything. I want to be a music major so bad it's like a taste in my mouth. Yes, that's right. I can taste my own desire to be a music major .

I just have to make things work out...maybe if I try to drop to working 3 days a week, something like 20 hours. Maybe if I can do a 7 hour shift on Wednesday, then Saturday and Sunday. I'd be willing to take Sundays back on, maybe, if it meant I could get my stuff done the rest of the week.

I don't know how I'm going to pay for school and stuff without killing myself. I freaking hate this!!!! I could work just a few hours and pay for stuff with loans if I didn't also have to pay extra because voice is private instruction plus having to shell out $500 extra for an accompanist. I'm not even paying for rent, food, insurance, or anything... just gasoline, school, and misc. And I know I'm not even working nearly as hard as some people do... but I still can't handle it. BLECH!!!!

Last edited by Tessar : 10-24-2008 at 12:44 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:49 AM   #403
katya
Elven Maiden

Biiiiig moot-hug

(((((hug)))))
Old 10-24-2008, 02:39 AM   #404
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh no, Tess!
*hug*

Good luck on your tests first of all and I really hope you can sort it all out.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM   #405
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

*sacrifices a bull to Apollo on Tessar's behalf*

My brain has been set to 'academic panic' for the last full week and now I'm stuck camped out in front of Troy for this one because history professor thinks having a paper with the Too-Broad Topic of Doom due on the same day as the midterm is a good idea. I go to pour libations to the the Muse of History now. I suspect I'll need her help...
Tough Guide To FantasyLand

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #406
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Aw man, Too Broad Topic of Doom is the worst topic of all! Shall I sacrifice a white bull to Athena for you?

It's great to see you around.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 10-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #407
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

We're going to be needing a lot of bulls if we plan to fix everyone's problems .
Old 10-27-2008, 12:46 PM   #408
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

I offered some wine to the Muses and that seemed to help.
Sacrifices to Athena never hurt though and we can have a massive barbecue at the Teacup afterwards!

...it's not much of a show if somebody doesn't suffer, and preferably at length. Suffering is beautiful in any case, and so is anguish; but as for loathing, and bitterness... I don't think they belong on the stage at all.

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-27-2008, 12:57 PM   #409
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

I'll bring fruit salad to the bbq!

Well... I'm not really sure I want to vent so much as commiserate with people... I'm just kind of tired and lost right now... not sure where I'm going or even when I'll get there...

I'm pretty much constantly worried about finances for the coming months, and the approaching legal issues that will come with my marriage... not to mention moving countries and leaving my family behind...

I'm just hoping everything is going to work out...

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 10-27-2008, 01:07 PM   #410
Willow Oran
Deus Ex Machina

Finances... gah. That's a constant, back of the mind worry here too. I'm desperately trying to just keep pushing through school and work right now because if I allow myself to worry about future finances and related subjects I will have a nervous breakdown.

Should probably make those doctor and dentist appointments while I still have health coverage though...

- Isabella, I Gelosi
Old 10-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #411
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

That stupid tree hit me. Its always been a vindictive little booger.
Old 10-27-2008, 01:10 PM   #412
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Lol... yeah... I have no more health coverage too! Gosh.. I'm screwed...

Well, here's to staying healthy and not needing any medical attention

I think finances are a worry everywhere right now... but for me, just having finished school, without a job yet, trying to get married and move countries... it's a little more than a back of the mind concern...

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 10-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #413
Mari
Elf Lady

*hugs* for the three of you. There will be new opportunities and goals, you just don't recognize them yet
And Sane, move that tree

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 10-30-2008, 06:28 AM   #414
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Atrazine poses more problems for frogs

Gah! First it's disrupting frogs' hormonal systems, now it's riddling them with parasites?!

Oi, rest of the world! When are you going to ban that poison?!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:48 PM   #415
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

There are Thirty two hundred unread messages in my in-box.

13 new ones since noon.

This is in my filtered in-box, mind you.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-31-2008, 01:14 AM   #416
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I just realized that the aria I was given toay to work on in my voice lessons is RIDICULOUSLY HUGE! I mean, it's Verdi, so I probably should've figured but no... I was like, "Well, I'm sure he wouldn't have given me something meant for a big voice, SINCE I DON'T HAVE ONE."

But no. This is a big, big aria meant to be sung by a dramatic bass. Or, at the very least, a bass of -any- variety.... not a developing lyric baritone!!!!!!!!!!! Oie!!! It is not an aria meant for a 20-year-old to be belting out. It's not that it goes high or anything, it just... I dunno. It's gotta be big to be done right. I'm gonna do my best, but I have a sinking feeling that the minute someone hears me they're going to be thinking, "this is ridiculous in his voice" rather then "my what a valiant effort" .
Old 11-04-2008, 10:22 PM   #417
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I'm skipping work (yeah, again....) because I'm trying desperately to save my GPA, but right now all I can do is sit here and stare at my homework and wish I could get it done... but I have a headache, I feel exhausted even though I got plenty of sleep last night, and all I can seem to do is watch the electoral results.

I keep getting feverish at night, too, although I think it's more of a being tired thing than an actual having a fever.... could be the mono popping back up some again, since I hear it does that every once in a while if you push yourself too hard even several months after it's "over". That or I'm just weak .

I'm probably going to get fired. But hey... at least then maybe I might be able to find a place to work an actual 16 hours a week rather than "oh yes we'll give you 16 hours. Oops, did we say 16? We meant you'll still be doing 24. Sorry!" Or maybe nowhere will want to hire me. Yay.

Poor me . I'm just a big whiner... but I unleash it here because I don't want to actually talk about it outloud and have everyone around me realize what a whiner I am . I haz good strategy.

Last edited by Tessar : 11-04-2008 at 10:24 PM.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:55 PM   #418
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

I love you, Tessar. (((((((HUGS))))))))

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 11-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #419
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Whew, Tessar - you're sure going through a hard spot right now ... *Moothug*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 11-05-2008, 04:37 AM   #420
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

*hugs Tessar*

Gah, what a week. First I get a nice contageous bacterial infection which has led to a rather disgusting sore that itches like hell. Oh God. The ITCH! If it gets any worse, which it looks like it will, I have to get some serious antibiotics. Then the internet goes down for four days due to an error of the provider. Look buddy, if you advertise speedy internet, if we pay for speedy internet, get your stuff upgraded and give it to us! Or at least repare it the first day, yeah? The head office at work is still godawful incompetent. And while working double shifts, all those errors are really starting to grate on my nerves. This has really been one lousy week.