Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 10:55 PM   #401
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

To hell with Red Lobster!! Down with franchise chain frozen-"food" restaurants!! Fight the power; it's a culinary revolution. No Red Lobster allowed here. BLEACH!! NO NO!!

Yes, shrimp. Real shrimp; the real thing my dear fellow. They're already ready - they cook fast. Here you go - *hands Farimir a plate of beautifuuly plump REAL grilled shrimp, and a nice huge glass of viognier.* BTW, no tacky merlot served here, either. No franzia box-wine, and most DEFinitely no muddy crap merlot. Je deteste most merlot.

Here, you can choose between the Roussane & the Viognier. They are both phenomenal, but I must say that I personally will drink that Viognier, there, 'til the cows come home and even long after that.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Old 03-13-2006, 11:08 PM   #402
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Looks a lot more official than MY wine. I'll take a glass please. (Doesn't matter which.)
Old 03-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #403
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Here you go, my dear. *hands trolls' bane a glass of Alban Viognier, and a plate of shrimp.* Hey, I thought of you the other day - I heard on NPR that they - "THEY" - have discovered clouds, presumably water clouds, on one of the moons of a planet. I think a moon of Saturn. Does this sound familiar? Can you tell us more? Don't get looney on us, now; just tell us please about this new discovery of possible water near one of our planets; what have you heard? I thought of you immediately when I heard that report.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #404
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Here; here's some more about it -

UNTIL NASA's Cassini spacecraft flew close to Enceladus, the 300-mile-wide Saturnian moon's only claim to fame was its status as the shiniest object in the solar system. Now scientists think they know where it got its glistening, pearly surface: giant geysers venting subsurface water from a relatively warm south polar region.

The discovery adds Enceladus to a short list of places in the solar system that might host life forms similar to those on Earth. Evidence of sufficient heat, water and carbon compounds thus far has been limited to Jupiter's moon Europa and Mars.

Even Enceladus' "warm" region where the geysers occur is hardly toasty by Earth standards. Whereas the average temperature on the little moon is minus 330 degrees Fahrenheit, the surface hot spot is only 230 degrees below zero. However, in order for liquid water to exist, subsurface temperatures must be much warmer, providing a potential niche for life. On Earth, bacteria have been found in frigid, sunless ocean depths around scalding volcanic vents.

The discovery on Enceladus is a testament not only to the unpredictable variety of worlds in the solar system but also to the effectiveness of NASA's robotic exploration program. Another prime mission — the $450 million Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter — reached the Red Planet Friday and swung into orbit. The probe will employ radar in the search for subsurface water, as well as cameras to scrutinize the Martian surface in unprecedented detail to pinpoint landing sites for future missions.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #405
Farimir Captain of Gondor
Spaceman Spiff

Location: In the belly of a Firefly, living in Serenity is where you'll find me
Down with big business!!!

*said in best Lotesse voice*

I'm not really a fan of seafood anyway. I'm a very picky eater. As for the wines, well, both the bottles look the same so I'll take the one you suggested.

BTW, look one page back.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:22 PM   #406
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotesse
Here you go, my dear. *hands trolls' bane a glass of Alban Viognier, and a plate of shrimp.* Hey, I thought of you the other day - I heard on NPR that they - "THEY" - have discovered clouds, presumably water clouds, on one of the moons of a planet. I think a moon of Saturn. Does this sound familiar? Can you tell us more? Don't get looney on us, now; just tell us please about this new discovery of possible water near one of our planets; what have you heard? I thought of you immediately when I heard that report.
Yes! My health teacher mentioned something to that effect, as did Astronomy magazine AND Sky at Night. I first read about it on Wikipedia's recent news column. That would be Saturn's moon, Enceladus, who's atmosphere coincidentally consists of 65% water vapour, 20% Hydrogen, and Carbon Dioxide, Carbon Monoxide, and Dinitride making up the rest significant amount. However, it is very unlikely the water will remain frozen for long, because according to my sources, the maximum temperature is 145 degrees absolute (Kelvin) which is below the freezing point of water by at least 250 degrees Fahrenheit and probably at least 150 Centigrade.

EDIT: Oops! I was too slow.

Last edited by trolls' bane : 03-13-2006 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:24 PM   #407
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion Magdalena
Love the movie posters you've added to the cafe Lotesse!
I tried using that black and white shot for my avatar but it came out far too small for any of the detail to be seen.

I really loved the animated disney films when I was little The Sword in the Stone and Robin Hood especially. But then around the time I transitioned from elementary to middle school I grew to really dislike the way all those films had been prettified and toned down from the original tales. I didn't mind the live-action stuff so much though... anyway, now I only watch the animated films when I'm sick, mainly so that if my younger siblings catch me at it I can claim delirium...

What sort of wine goes best with Peterpanitis?
Thanks to Farimir, I went back a page & noticed I missed a couple posts. Glad you liked those pics, Lady M! And Trolls' bane, liked your post, too. Now, about what wine goes best with peterpanitis, hmm, let's see... *thinksthinks*

How about Ribet Red, from The Arrogant Frog? Peterpanitis... oh, must dwell on this one a bit longer... That's a good challenge, there.

Old 03-13-2006, 11:26 PM   #408
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Thanks for that report, trolls' bane!

Old 03-13-2006, 11:28 PM   #409
trolls' bane

Quote:
Thanks for that report, trolls' bane!
You're quite welcome! Join us again tomorrow for my show, The The Tar Tar Pits!
Old 03-13-2006, 11:28 PM   #410
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
Thanks to Farimir, I went back a page & noticed I missed a couple posts. Glad you liked those pics, Lady M! And Trolls' bane, liked your post, too. Now, about what wine goes best with peterpanitis, hmm, let's see... *thinksthinks*

How about Ribet Red, from The Arrogant Frog? Peterpanitis... oh, must dwell on this one a bit longer... That's a good challenge, there.
What would you do without me? I think the best wine for peterpanitus would be a Neverland Valley Grape? Made up, yes, but sounds yummy.

Last edited by Farimir Captain of Gondor : 03-13-2006 at 11:30 PM. Reason: typo- it happens a lot
Old 03-13-2006, 11:33 PM   #411
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Actually, I've been thinking that any label with a Peter Pan inspired theme would be so cool to collect. You guys ever heard of Marilyn Merlot? The same idea; making a label from a popular culture idea. Neverland Nebbiolo sounds cool. Po Valley Peter Panesco.

Last edited by Lotesse : 03-13-2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:38 PM   #412
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Might be tasty, but might also augment the effects of peterpanitis. A better choice would be a wine that will act as a balance. Perhaps a very fine, aged wine? Or a wine popular with older people? I'm afraid I don't know wines very well.

Seafood on the other hand... if you're going to turn your nose up at that excellent shrimp then you won't mind if I nab it, will you?
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

"nolite hippopotamum vexare!"

Last edited by Lady Marion Magdalena : 03-13-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:46 PM   #413
Spaceman Spiff

Well, I must now leave. Have a goodnight and see ya later. Tessa, TB, my Lady, goodnight to you all.

Goodnight Entmoot!
Old 03-13-2006, 11:50 PM   #414
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Aw, you're leaving already, Farimir? Well, buona notte, bello! A domani!

Lady M, I have grilled all manner of plump, juicy shrimp for us, the best in the world for the exclusive membership of The Teacup Cafe - here, a platter for the Lady - *Hands Lady M a lovely plate of grilled shrimps and steamed snowpeas, and a glass of Viognier to accompany*

Old 03-13-2006, 11:56 PM   #415
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

*munches happily*

It's getting pretty late here too... but our greek history professor declared no class tomorrow so I get to sleep in a bit!

Or... get up at my normal time and do the homework that I should have finished over the weekend. Heh.
"Because it is my name! Because I cannot have another in my life! Because I lie and sign myself to lies! Because I am not worth the dust on the feet them that hang! How may I live without my name? I have given you my soul; Leave me my name!"

- The Crucible

Old 03-14-2006, 12:01 AM   #416
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Greek history? I remember that. Man, I miss school. My baby sister went to a college that was fanatical about studying all forms of the classics; St. John's College in Annapolis Maryland. Have you heard of it? It is right across the street, literally, from the Naval Academy there. Not St. Johns in New York, St. Johns in Annapolis. Anyway.

You're stoked you get to sleep in a bit tomorrow! Indeed. I think, by reading these threads lately, you've been saying you need or want a bit of extra sleep. You & Shah both, right?

Old 03-14-2006, 12:05 AM   #417
trolls' bane

Darn it! Will I never find out the name of that program? Hmm...*thinks of some wild publicity stunts somewhat similar to certain previous pulbicity stunts*
Old 03-14-2006, 12:14 AM   #418
Lady Marion Magdalena
Elf Lord

Shah is always in need of more sleep, nomatter what she might say.

I usually sleep plenty, but last night I took the decongestants I'm on too late at night and well... yeah, spent the entire night fidgeting, tossing and turning and twisting into pretzel shapes trying to get comfortable. Not exactly restful.

- The Crucible

Old 03-14-2006, 12:18 AM   #419
The last sane person
The Black Númenórean

*comes in and finds the shrimp gone* You shrimp guzzlin loonies!
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:22 AM   #420
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

There's always reserves for you; come on you know better than that. *Makes Shah a plate of freshly grilled shrimps; pours glass of Viognier for the Shah to acompany shrimps.*

Closed Thread