Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2005, 05:05 PM   #401
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Editing takes forever, and robs precious time from the more worthy enterprise of actually writing new material, so... The only things I'd like to see gone would be stuff that shows Viv to be weepy, or indecisive (she is in love with Mor, and does NOT enjoy playing head-games with sex and men), or shows her to flirt around with other wraiths etcetera etcetera, but why not just let it be for now. Please, though, in the future you guys, let's try and keep our characters "in character", O.K.? I mean, that's why I took the time to introduce the bio idea, and outline her main points, to prevent this sort of thing happening to her in my absence.
Butterbeer, what are you, a cop?! You've dutifully recorded each little time since the 23rd that I was able to steal a moment on Entmoot; you think if I weren't able to that I wouldn't have intervened on Viv's behalf ages ago? YOU try going through what I've been through this past month, then tell me I could have been posting story all along.
Anyway, you guys, I don't mean to ruffle all your feathers so much; I LOVE mooting with you guys and I LOVE our little story, so, let's just play on, shall we?

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #402
CrazySquirrel
Shape-shifting, men-grabbing NAZGUL

Morgth's dark pelt!
I have edited my posts, Grey Wolf has edited his. We have almost eliminated Viv's wanton behaviour.

Don't tell me, BB, that we shall have to re-edit it again!!!

Now the story is a mess!
I suggest you change :

BB Eight was taking a long time healing Lily (Viv), ... who appeared to even giggle ... rubbing in many ointments ...
slamming down and smashing his bottle Five (Mor) stood up faster than a viper ...
Five (Mor) looked angry ...

BB Five's (Mor's) eyes were blazing fire ...

BB: Goth turned (and noticed Viv giggling to Eight) and gasped as Lily flirted with Mor who seemed to be hopping mad and almost fey ... yet also passionately grasping lilly's elegant form ...

BB, It is only 3 posts to change. You have had time to type a whole page of ramblings in the discussion thread, please, try to have a minute to edit the main one.

By Elbereth (and that's the worst possible curse by a wraith) I am not going to re-edit!

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 08-02-2005 at 05:35 PM.
CrazySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 05:40 PM   #403
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

CrazySquirrel, thanx for your edits. And yes, BB, CS DOES have a point - if she can edit, so can you. It's only fair.
What do you guys think of Viv blowing up, having had enough to drink no doubt, but also fed up with the trivial-ness of that 'happy orc' scenario... She's got powers, you know, with that rage - note Khamul's missing "body" parts. I don't think he'll be trying to push her buttons very much any more.

Old 08-02-2005, 05:49 PM   #404
CrazySquirrel

Thanx for support. Note that BOTH me AND GW have edited.

Now your post. I think it was too cruel on Khamul. Well, not exactly on Khamul, but on TD. You can't do that, Lotesse. Men tend to cherish certain body parts . We might loose TD that way.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:54 PM   #405
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Ohhh, all right. But SOMEone has to get it. Hmmmm, who should she take it out on?

To quote Voltaire: "I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."

Old 08-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #406
CrazySquirrel

There is not much choice for Viv. It was Khamul who attacked her, so she can't aim at another
You may curse him "You will never know pleasure again". Curse him with never being loved...
Paint him purple, let his ears grow like that of a mumak, but leave his preciousss intact, I beg you.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:01 PM   #407
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Well, Khamul's O.K. now; Viv relented in private and gave him his manhood back, but hopefully that'll show the others that she needs to be taken seriously, and not toyed with.

Old 08-02-2005, 06:06 PM   #408
CrazySquirrel

Oh, fine.
I will be more careful around Viv now... Hmmm. And I had some interesting plans for Mor.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:34 PM   #409
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hey, you guys - what do you think of my treasure-cave? This is definitely something Viv would have - a secret cave filled with stolen priceless treasure, and no doubt cases of extremely rare bubbly and pipeweed.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:17 AM   #410
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

done.

posts 239,240,241 and 243 will now need downstream editing...

as i supsect the whole thing will ...

Quote:
Butterbeer, what are you, a cop?! You've dutifully recorded each little time since the 23rd that I was able to steal a moment on Entmoot
Just being in-character my dear lotesse ... Wikkie would want to know these things ... cold and calculating, no?

THE WHOLE BLOODY POINT OF A DISCUSSION THREAD is to moot ideas and discuss them to avoid this ****: to get agreement ... so you ask should we edit? and then go and bloody well do it before anyone can reply! Then Lotesse gets back saying leave it and half of us have jumped in their causing chaos. Now we are in a right mess ... please look over all your posts CS and GW and spot the MANY MANY errors that are now there.

it doesn't make any sense.
Butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:04 AM   #411
CrazySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbeer
THE WHOLE BLOODY POINT OF A DISCUSSION THREAD is to moot ideas and discuss them to avoid this ****: to get agreement ... so you ask should we edit? and then go and bloody well do it before anyone can reply! Then Lotesse gets back saying leave it and half of us have jumped in their causing chaos. Now we are in a right mess ... please look over all your posts CS and GW and spot the MANY MANY errors that are now there.
it doesn't make any sense.
Now it doesn't, surely, the way you have edited your posts, BB. Your fault (and intentional one) entirely.

I have proposed a solution, not the best one, perhaps, but it fitted somehow.
Eight and Five both were after Lily and fought for her before (at the Gladden). So, seing Eight and Lily doing this massage thing, Five could be angry. Goth would have been angry as well, but he was preocuppied with "tark steak" insult. And Lily, being a scoundrel she is, and wishing a good fight, decided to ensnare Mor to spite Viv, Five and Eight. What is wrong with it?

I proposed this version and I wanted all to approve first, but when I saw GW making changes, I did also. Haven't you said in your previous post that you were ready to edit, BB??
Why couldn't you edit as I have proposed? Without this "someone" etc...

Last edited by CrazySquirrel : 08-03-2005 at 07:06 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:49 AM   #412
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Thanx Grey Wolf & CrazySquirrel. Butterbeer, let's just move on with our story, O.K.? I think it's just fine. This bickering is just silly. Our story makes sense, everybody's writing is good, and so... onwards we go, right? I never asked anyone to edit, although when they did I was immensly grateful because Viv's character was redeemed, so now can't we all just get along and continue our quest through Gudabad? Man, I wish Gordis and TD were around...

Old 08-03-2005, 03:50 PM   #413
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

Quote:
Now it doesn't, surely, the way you have edited your posts, BB. Your fault (and intentional one) entirely.
I don''t think it is either helpful or indeed accurate CS to begin saying anything is Intentionally my fault.

fault? how old are we? Blimey.

I have just re-read it and it really is still a mess ... re-read it .. we have different people dancing with different wraiths every other post (and that is not just me) 'someone' seemed like a good temporary ploy till we agree who is dancing with who ... makes ssense does it not?

I am and have been happy to edit ... and have made a temporary start as time allowed ... my only point is can we please agree what needs to be done first rather than jumping in willy-nilly and causing everyone more headaches ... i spend all my bloody time editing and beleive me, if you will, it makes sense to agree what editing you want to do first rather than having to then subsequently re-edit 2,3,4 or more times!

a) it's a headache
b) time consuming as lotesse says
c) generally causes problems!

it is also helpful when asking people to edit a post if you could put down the post number ..i.e post 241 or whatever ... it makes life easier.

CS ... you can only call it 'proposing' a solution if it is then agreed or put forward as an idea to be discussed... not then done anyway... it is no longer a 'proposal' but an action or a directive.

As for bickering Lottese, i really don't understand you ... whose bickering? it's only bickering if you are getting personal about it - it's water off a duck's back to me ... ... kind of funny in a annoying way ... my only problem here is that this is the discussion thread: the whole point here is to make a better RPG as lotesse led the way with her biog (and quite rightly complained it hadn't been reffered to, too much) and to avoid silly messes like this ....

now the only point i am making is this: please if you propose something or ask should we do XYZ etc: then please have the courtesy to get the feedback from all involved before doing whatever ... or at least don't bother asking the question!

Is that not a fair request?

I still haven't read lottese's last 2 posts yet but i have a feeling Cs is right: i have a feeling we shall have to ask Lottesse to return the favour granted by the crazy beer-frothing Wolf triumverate and ask Lotesse to edit too ...

Ho Hum.

Best
BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-03-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:14 PM   #414
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

well, i have now read the last 2 posts!

heh! I hadn't had me pudding! I was looking forward to me pudding i was.

Whilst i'd probably go a million miles for one of your smiles, i'd go that little bit extra for a good old Angmarian hot steaming treacle toffee pudding!

Wikkie has been thinking of nothing else (well quite alot - but not as warmly) as that treacle toffee pudding ... Gundabad's speciality!

... Snow in August, down on the ground? ... well i suppose we can live with it The bloody marrows won't though: it'll stunt their growth ... have you no feelings for the poor horticulturalists up this way? ... and what about the ferrets and whippets?

all i can say is whoever has the longest arms of the other eight had better keep them concealed if wikkie happens to go anywhere near any of his old allotments in this unseasonable weather!

(his or her arm has grown long indeed ... )

You gotta admit, it's a good pub that 'happy Orc' ... we should go there again.

(i'm sure they will really look forward to the Gang popping back in there as and when we finally turn tail from the North ... before we begin the ride south ... probably cheer or something. )

Good food, dancing, a punch up, music and exictement!

*dramatic music*

... we await the return of the TD!

BB

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-03-2005 at 04:27 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:44 PM   #415
CrazySquirrel

Well, BB, you are certainly right at some of your points. However, please, consider that when I last posted I was really pissed. So sorry if I was rude.

Most of all I was distressed at changing that brilliant part in the pub. I liked it as it used to be very much, and any new version was bound to be worse. But I also felt the necessity to change, as Lotesse's Viv was out of character.

And I was going to wait for the approval of all, I started to change only after GW started to change.

Anyway, I have reread the main thread again VERY attentively. There will be no problem there if you edit a bit more, BB. Please!
post230 BB
Observing the healing procedure, Five felt a pang of jealousy . Slamming down and smashing his bottle he stood up faster than a viper ...
Same post: delete last line (someone looked angry ...)

Post 232 BB Last line
Delete: (Someone's eyes were blazing fire)

Post 236 BB
Goth turned and DELETEnoticed a wraith giggling to Eight and) gasped as LILY flirted with Mor who seemed to be hopping mad and almost fey ... yet also passionately grasping HER elegant form ...
Gluggrag stumbled incoherrently to the Bar ...

VIV was flashing a piercing look at Mor ...

Post238 BB
Gor was now dancing ... a thumping orcish beat was thumping through the happy orc .. Lilly and MOR danced ... Viv and EIGHT CAME TO THE DANCING FLOOR AND WERE NOW TRYING to out-do them ...

And all will be fine. Really.

Eight healed Lily,
Lily danced with Mor,
Five and Eight and Viv jealous
Then Viv dances with Eight
Goth dances with Gordis
Khamul pushes Eight and grasps Viv.
Mor beats Eight
Goth beats Mor.
General brawl.
Gor and Lil get drinks
Vivvie casts a spell on Khamul.

BB, Re: your last post.
I agree about the snow, it must all be Saruman's doing! We shall deal with him later.
And I think we can go and have the pudding again. I liked the bar.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:38 PM   #416
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Hey, you guys - I think I need a map of where we're at geographically right now; I had it before but now I've lost it. For some reason I was under the impression we were in the snowy mountains, which is why I made a blizzard & put snowskis... help! Where, exactly are we, and what's our timeline looking like?

Old 08-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #417
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

so basically delete all my posts because you guys re-edited?

and ignore all the continuity faults with yours and Gw's?
Old 08-03-2005, 06:02 PM   #418
CrazySquirrel

BB,what are you talking about? Who asks you to delete ALL your posts?
I suggested you delete 3 lines only namely:

Someone's eyes were blazing fire post 232
(someone looked angry ...)post 233.
(noticed a wraith giggling to Eight and)Post 236

and add about the same number of letters.

And it will be continuos all through

Anyway, you do as you like. I am off
Old 08-03-2005, 06:46 PM   #419
Butterbeer
Elf Lord

sorry, was just looking through it - this is what i mean it takes a load of time and causes problems:

what i meant was, and the following very carefully noted problems below will bear me out on this, what i meant was, oh excitable squirrel (calm down - jeez, you always jump to conclusions - maybe it's because you are a squirrel? )

what i meant was: you said you had carefully gone through it and the only messed up posts were mine: even before i double checked i knew that wasn't right ...

what i am saying is (evidence will be below) this just isn't true: you appear to be attempting to single me out and ignore the other problems - is there a reason for this?

I know you are a squirrel, but all iask is you stop jumping excitedly to conclusions and stop trying to crush NUTS

Anyway here are the carefully observed and objective problems as i see them and my suggestions for my own posts

abbreviated: problems in red (and any suggestions for my posts)

234 CS five angry at 8 ref lilly, Mor looks lovey at Viv, lilly then entices Mor

235 GW Mor & lilly dance

236 BB i need to cut Goth turned, ... cut the look at Mor .... Xchange Wikkie's laugh till after Gor asks about the Alto

237 CS Goth dance with Gor

238 BB i need to change to Lilly & Mor dance and cut that Viv and Mor dance

239 GW here we have a problem ... GW has eight and Viv dancing

240 CS here we another problem Khamul pushes the non dancing eight/Viv aside ??? anyway why would Viv be dancing with eight?

After that it's basically ok ... except then we have the downstream stuff .. like if khmaul does not push eight away from viv, wikkie cannot clap etc ... Since Viv is not dancing with Eight, what will prompt khamul to get up and confront her? Where then is viv at this point?

so to be clear ... post 235 5& 8 and viv are watching the dancers

no effective change on 236

237 Viv/5/8 glare at lilly by table, a glass is slammed on table
238 BB post.. no change ref this

239 8 and viv are "continuing to dance" ERROR ALERT in compettiion with Mor and Lil'

240 khamul breaks up non existent dancing etc ERROR ALERT

So if we want to avoid all the unessecary downstream changes, we must alter both 235 and 237 and have Eight and Viv dance!

What say you Lotesse: can you think of a good reason for Viv to dance with Eight without getting into head-**** men mind-games with Mor?

Well i hope that is now clear!

I really can't say how much i dislike having to spend all this time doing this, and even more being accused, pointed at, maligned and villified for it ...

can anyone say one word hasn't been correct?

A) that we should ideally work it out before we begin an elaborate and un-cordinated chaos editing crusade?

B) my edits were somewhat temporary due to time and also because i noticed other errors as i went along that it got pointless putting in names till i had time to look at it properly and here-in a course of action is agreed ... nothing wrong with that - nor was any evil intentional or deliberate postings made to somehow ... oh whatever.

C) that there were other errors other than just mine that needed amending (fact)

D) ok i should have said ONLY me deleting PART of my posts rather ALL .. but hopefully you got the idea?

Now can we please agree what we are doing .. no one change anything till Lottesse, CS and GW all concur ... we can still carry on with the rpg ... there is NO NEED AT ALL to rush into the editing .. no need to rush it, better to have an amicable agreement on it by all and do it nice and easy thereafter, yes?

agreed?

Last edited by Butterbeer : 08-03-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:41 PM   #420
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Gollum

Butterbeer, are you on drugs? No, just kidding!! Wanted to get your back up! But seriously - thanx Butterbeer, for all your fixings - all the amendments are great, you guys, everything's looking good, it's all good - now can we PLEASE get back to our story? PLEASE?