Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 01:33 AM   #401
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I just feel burned out. I can't seem to do anything for more than a couple of minutes.

I check my e-mail, play a vidio game for ten minutes, check the e-mail, eat something, read a few paragraphs before I have to put the book down, try the vidio game again for ten minutes, listen to two tracks off a CD, sing for a few minutes, play half of a song on the piano...

What's WRONG with me today?!
Old 06-18-2005, 02:38 AM   #402
HOBBIT
Saviour of Entmoot Admiral

Tadd?

"I'm up to here with cool, ok? I'm so amazingly cool you could keep a side of meat in me for a month. I am so hip I have difficulty seeing over my pelvis" - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Latest Blog Post: Just Quit Facebook? No One Cares!
Old 06-18-2005, 10:51 AM   #403
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreran the Green
Well I'm not really on the moot at all anymore, but I needed a vent and you're all intelligent people who won't respond simply by swearing at me. One of the main reasons I've always liked this site.

Well, this is what's bugging me: I'm sixteen, and I've got this history teacher who I'm really good friends with. I talk to and occasionally hang out with him outside of school, I've been to museums with him and such. He's fairly young so he's easy to get along with, and he's very friendly to all his students, and, allright, I know this is incredibly nerdy, but he's probably one of my best friends. Everyone I know thinks its wrong though. Just because he's a 30 year old guy and I'm a teenage girl, they immediately assume that it oversteps a boundary and that he's after something, if you know what I mean. If you actually knew him, you'd know that this is completely ridiculous, but try convincing my other friends that. It really bugs me, because I love spending time with or just talking to this guy, he's a great friend, but all these people are leading me to believe that its bad to do so. I don't know if I'm the one who's got something wrong with my way of thinking, or if its them, and its just grating my nerves so much.
If your parents are ok with it then who cares what your friends think. Of course youll get the standard teachers pet comments. Our society is sad like that and is ultra conservative about age discrepencies. As long as things are crystal clear between the two of you then I dont see the harm in it. Just be careful though because these things CAN develop into other things despite both your best intentions. Whats harmless when you are 10 is vastly different when you are 16 and fully grown physically.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 06-18-2005, 11:03 AM   #404
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreran the Green
Everyone I know thinks its wrong though. Just because he's a 30 year old guy and I'm a teenage girl, they immediately assume that it oversteps a boundary :
They seem to have a unanamous opinion and I tend to agree without knowing either of you. First he's violating teacher/student relationship and probably the ethics code within the school system. We're not talking college professors, that's another area; this is high school and most inappropriate.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:07 AM   #405
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
I just feel burned out. I can't seem to do anything for more than a couple of minutes.
What's WRONG with me today?!
Hypo/hyperglycemic (spelling not sure) has symptoms like that-I had a friend who had the same problem until diagnosed.
....then too there's the famous T-shirt philosophy "I'm confused, Wait, I'm not!" feel better.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:33 PM   #406
Dreran the Green
Lady of Legends

Quote:
If your parents are ok with it then who cares what your friends think. Of course youll get the standard teachers pet comments. Our society is sad like that and is ultra conservative about age discrepencies. As long as things are crystal clear between the two of you then I dont see the harm in it. Just be careful though because these things CAN develop into other things despite both your best intentions. Whats harmless when you are 10 is vastly different when you are 16 and fully grown physically.
See, that's just what I thought.

Quote:
They seem to have a unanamous opinion and I tend to agree without knowing either of you. First he's violating teacher/student relationship and probably the ethics code within the school system. We're not talking college professors, that's another area; this is high school and most inappropriate.
I rather wish you'd have said something else, but you're being honest and polite about it with me, so thanks. Intelligent outside opinions of any kind are insightful.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:47 AM   #407
Mercutio

almost 1:00 in the morning and I still have two short/long answer questions on this scholarship application due tomorrow: Significant challenge or accomplishment and Long-range goals for school and career.

I don't know!

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:48 AM   #408
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

If I had the motivation to do it, I'd go see a psychologist to confirm whether I have hypomanic-depressive bipolar disorder.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:22 AM   #409
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

...maybe it's just male PMS
Old 06-21-2005, 03:12 PM   #410
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

What, you've been talking to SGH about that theory too, Spock?
Old 06-21-2005, 04:33 PM   #411
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

not at all, my Vucan backround was sufficient to come up with that theory :;
Old 06-21-2005, 08:10 PM   #412
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

AGH! So much homework.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:11 AM   #413
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Heh.

I do hate the world. And life. Plus my antidepressants ran out the other day, I lost the repeating prescription, my GP is on leave for another three weeks, I just spoke to The Girl this morning for the first time in eight days, after speaking to her for hours every day. She told me that her BF surprised her with a weekend away. "Cool," I said.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:15 AM   #414
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
????? I knew there had to be a guy equivalent!

VENT:
Wart. Does anyone know anything about getting rid of warts? I have a wart (they tell me) on the ball of my right foot, and it HURTS like HECK!!! O, the incomparable PAIN!!!!
In almost all other respects I am in good spirits (as opposed to evil spirits *hums theme from Twilight Zone*).
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:52 AM   #415
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

The have these home/freeze-it-off kits now that are awsome because it doesn't take 6 weeks like it use too getting rid of the painful boogers.

BTW....Painful Boogers would be a good name for a rock band.

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Old 06-22-2005, 10:19 AM   #416
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

Yeah they work great.....of course if you can kiss a frog (after all you already have warts) maybe he'll help you
Old 06-22-2005, 11:05 AM   #417
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Or maybe he'll turn into a prince and rescue me from my lonely life.

I've had this wart for 6 weeks at least, I've tried the stupid home freezer kit, and it still Hurts. Like. The. D.ICKENS!! *sigh*

Old 06-22-2005, 12:18 PM   #418
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie Gamgee
VENT:
Wart. Does anyone know anything about getting rid of warts? I have a wart (they tell me) on the ball of my right foot, and it HURTS like HECK!!! O, the incomparable PAIN!!!!
If it's on the ball of your foot, it's a plantar wart, and you'll need a doctor to treat it. My daughter just had one treated a few months ago. It'll take a month or two. THey'll freeze it, then have you wear a pad thing with a hole in the middle to force it up to the surface a bit, then you'll come back in a few weeks and they'll take off the dead skin with a scalpel (painless, because it's dead), and freeze it again, etc. etc., until it's gone. Those are vicious little suckers, and a home kit doesn't cut it - sorry! It's better for the doctor to take his time with it, so it heals better - don't just get it cut out. The wart grows inward, so it needs to be forced out.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:34 PM   #419
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

*nods slowly* ... 'ow much does that cost? Thanks for the info.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:24 PM   #420
EarthBound
Lady Tipple & Queen of Blessed Thistle

oy! planters wart! soooo sorry Rosie, didn't know you had one of them awful fellas. A dermatologist or your foot doctor (pediatrist?....oh, chance to look really stupid here ) I had some on my hand when I was younger and my GP cut them out after numbing my hand....shots=OUCH.

Happy to be here

The HACBR has been alerted to my postings…..Hobbits Against Constant Beer References

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin

I want my Mooter T-Shirt!
Closed Thread