Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2003, 03:05 AM   #401
Anglorfin
Alasailon

My hair is actually a little bit lighter than both of those pictures. In the first one the whole picture came out super red because the color of the carpet bled into the rest of the photo. The second one the lady taking the picture put some stuff in it. And yes, I enjoy almost anything music.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 04-27-2003, 03:07 AM   #402
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

ps - for your info, in case you don't have it - from HoME 12, The Peoples of Middle Earth -

Fëanor's name for Maglor was Kanafinwë - 'strong-voiced or ?commanding'.

Maglor's mother-name : Makalaurë - "of undertain meaning. Usually interpreted (and said to have been a 'prophetic' mother-name) as 'forging gold'. If so, probably a poetic reference to his skill in harping, the sound of which was 'golden' (laurë was a word for golden light or colour, never used for the metal)."

note - the '?commanding' was written that way in the book - apparently this section on names was scribbly and hard to read!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 04-27-2003, 03:10 AM   #403
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, LT, you're next! But now it's bedtime for this tired mom (I hope no one throws up again tonight!! ) I should be back with a "RÃ*an's elvish resemblance" for you in a day or two - I like to think about them a bit.

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 04-27-2003, 03:41 AM   #404
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

This was taken yesterday. 4/26/03
Attached Images
File Type: jpg w.jpg (9.5 KB, 86 views)

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Culled from Entmoot From Kirinski 57 and Wayfarer.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:22 PM   #405
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

I hate my face on that one.

She was kown as dernhelm because of her exclaimation when she realized that the rider's headgear was heavy and obscured her sight.

'Dern Helm"

Old 04-28-2003, 04:46 PM   #406
Rían

OK, LT, I know who I have in mind for you, I"ll type it up later on tonite when I have a bit more time...

Old 04-28-2003, 04:54 PM   #407
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
HAH I just figured out who Jonathan REALLY looks like!!

Hayden Christensen
No really thought doesn't he?

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Old 04-28-2003, 05:46 PM   #408
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Orlando Bloom, Robbie Williams, Robin Williams and now Hayden Christensen... It just keeps coming and coming
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:55 PM   #409
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by afro-elf
This was taken yesterday. 4/26/03
Oooh... you're a bit more muscular than I had pictured you. Quite nice, quite nice.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:06 PM   #410
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

no no NO.
jonathan looks MUCHO better than hayden.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:44 PM   #411
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Orlando Bloom, Robbie Williams, Robin Williams and now Hayden Christensen... It just keeps coming and coming
I still stand by what I said. You look like Robbie Williams ... after drinking lots. I can see a bit of Eddie Munster as well. ... Uh oh. Gotta run. LT looks like she's gonna ... arrgh...
Old 04-28-2003, 09:35 PM   #412
LuthienTinuviel

heh.. heh.. well, i'll be off now.
Old 04-29-2003, 01:37 AM   #413
Rían

OK, LT, here it is - your first picture reminds me of how I picture ...... Indis the fair, the second wife of Finwë. (and yes, people, I /know/ Indis has golden hair, but like I've said before, it's usually facial structure or other things that make me think of a certain character)

From HoME 10, Morgoth's Ring - The Later Quenta Silmarillion II -
Quote:
And after three years more Finwë took as second spouse Indis the fair .... She was not of the Noldor, but of the Vanyar .... and she was golden-haired, and tall, and exceedingly swift of foot. She laboured not with her hands, but sang and made music, and there was ever light and mirth about her while the bliss of Aman endured. She loved Finwë dearly, for her heart had turned to him long before, while the people of Ingwë dwelt still with the Noldor in Túna...
The story goes on that Ingwë, hearing of Finwë's grief over the death of MÃ*riel, asks him to come visit. As he came up the mountain, Indis saw him, with the light of Laurelin behind him "as a glory", and "without forethought she sang suddenly in great joy". And when Finwë heard her, he "looked up and saw Indis in the golden light, and he knew in that moment that she loved him and had long done so. Then his heart turned at last to her...."

There's something about your face, and your eyes, and how your hair is lying on your shoulders, as if a little breeze just blew softly thru it, that makes me picture that scene between Indis and Finwë on the mountain. Your face is very - (don't laugh, I mean this as a compliment) - fresh, like a breeze on the mountainside blowing thru the little flowers in the grass.

Last edited by Rían : 04-29-2003 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:17 PM   #414
johnnyrod
Elven Warrior

Forgive me for changing the direction of this a little bit, but did someone ever pull together all of these pictures? I think I saw it once about a month ago or something, probably almost as hard to find as my contribution to the thread, 21 pages is rather a lot.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:19 PM   #415
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyrod
Forgive me for changing the direction of this a little bit, but did someone ever pull together all of these pictures? I think I saw it once about a month ago or something, probably almost as hard to find as my contribution to the thread, 21 pages is rather a lot.
Look at the first three posts
Old 04-29-2003, 06:23 PM   #416
johnnyrod
Elven Warrior

Doh! I just did after I posted, didn't realise Rian was so enthusiastic! Nice one.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:31 PM   #417
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by johnnyrod
Doh! I just did after I posted, didn't realise Rian was so enthusiastic! Nice one.
LoL I often do that too. Mostly because I tend to read the topics backwards, starting with the last post made.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 04-29-2003, 11:33 PM   #418
afro-elf
Hoplite Nomad

Quote:
Oooh... you're a bit more muscular than I had pictured you. Quite nice, quite nice
My arms are folded so it makes me look a little bigger than normal.

'Dern Helm"

Old 04-30-2003, 10:42 PM   #419
LuthienTinuviel

oo Rian, that is the best complement i ever received.

wow.. wait untill i tell my club THAT one.

and i think the look on my face in the pic of the eaton centre is me being slightly scraed of my mom's huge bulkiong camera
Old 04-30-2003, 11:20 PM   #420
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
Now wait, when did I say looking like HC is a good thing?

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Closed Thread