Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #401
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

No, it isn't healthy! Lol... I get a physical reaction when I click on it... I can feel my face flushing, my heart beating faster, the adrenaline pumping in my veins, pupils are probably dilating... it can't be good for me... lol

*shakes her fist after Coffeehouse* You menace!!!

*mutters and grabs a towel, wiping up the coffee*

Where's the Janitor Monster when you need him?!

"Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see."

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 10-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #402
katya
Elven Maiden

Hi everyone!

I am le tired. I only have one class today but a few other short things I have to do on campus, which happen to be spread out across the day, so I'll be stuck there anyway. I just want to go back to sleep. *is scary right after waking up*

Maybe I will take my laptop with me today so I can moot on that instead of my iPhone?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:17 AM   #403
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress_Flynn View Post
I'm done with the Theology thready forever! Hooray!

Or should I say... Amen?

Lol...

It's for my health that I can no longer participate... close-minded people give me mental rashes... :/

Tea anyone?

Aww, I'm sad I missed Link
I told you. Nice debate is kinda scarce.

Quote:
No, it isn't healthy! Lol... I get a physical reaction when I click on it... I can feel my face flushing, my heart beating faster, the adrenaline pumping in my veins, pupils are probably dilating... it can't be good for me... lol
It really isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya View Post
Hi everyone!

I am le tired. I only have one class today but a few other short things I have to do on campus, which happen to be spread out across the day, so I'll be stuck there anyway. I just want to go back to sleep. *is scary right after waking up*

Maybe I will take my laptop with me today so I can moot on that instead of my iPhone?
Sounds like a great idea.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-07-2008, 09:24 AM   #404
katya
Elven Maiden

I think the focus is a lot (in the theology thread) about trying to prove that ones view is right (obviously). I want to just explore different ideas because it's interesting. It's the same with all the discussion threads though.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #405
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Best decision ever though it seems like now I've said I'm stopping posting there, everyone wants me back... make up your minds, people! >.<

*sigh*

Katya! Yes! Bring laptopness! Hehe...

I'm very tired suddenly too...

Actually I just feel all around gloomy today...

EDIT: Yeah, that's what I wanted too, Katya... I thought I was pretty clear that I was just stating my own opinion and that people weren't expected to change their own just because of what I believed... but all I got was "You're wrong and this is why." Very frustrating!

"But remember... clowns make two things around here: balloon animals... and enemies."

"If I loved you then I would love you in any way I could, and if we could not touch, then I would draw strength from your beauty... And if I went blind, I would fill my soul with the sound of your voice and the contents of your thoughts until the last spark of my love for you lit the shabby darkness of my dying mind."

Old 10-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #406
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Well, I just enjoy debating. I'll generally take the opposite position of any that's being well represented, and congratulate anyone who scores a point.

But since I walked into a buzz saw when I first got here, and was personally attacked, I've been aware that people have a lot invested in some topics. They were just as rigid in the Tolkien threads as in the other religion threads, for example.

Here's my religion link for the day.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26977281/?GT1=43001

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 AM   #407
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Hahaha... nice article, Sis!

I love debating too... for some reason teachers always made me take the less popular opinion (for example debating that Japanese internment camps during WWII were a good idea... could they have given me a worse topic?!)

But at any rate... it can only be a good debate if it's one with mutual respect of debaters... something I found rather lacking here, sadly...

Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #408
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

*passes Empress some nice new cinnamon rolls*

Takes a bit to chart your path. That's why the Teacup is so cool.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 10-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #409
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

*looks up from devouring her cinnamon rolls*

What was that? Oh yeah... Teacup is very cool

*especially when it gives away nice hot cinnamon rolls*

I wish it would stop raining so I could walk to the Co-op... we need milk...

Old 10-07-2008, 09:47 AM   #410
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Get me some, too. Stupid society regulates the possession of farm animals, but not of handguns.

What's up with that?

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 10-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #411
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Lol... well, you know... to be fair... farm animals are very dangerous!

I mean... cow-related deaths, they're right up there with the handguns...

I'm sure...

What kind of milk you want?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:58 AM   #412
katya
Elven Maiden

What about cow deaths?

You're right sis, about people having a lot invested. In their opinions on Tolkien.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #413
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Lol... well, you know... to be fair... farm animals are very dangerous!

I mean... cow-related deaths, they're right up there with the handguns...

I'm sure...

What kind of milk you want?
2%, please. Or whole milk if there isn't 2%, I'll live dangerously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya View Post
What about cow deaths?

You're right sis, about people having a lot invested. In their opinions on Tolkien.
One meddles with doctrine at one's peril. But I've always been like that.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 10-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #414
Coffeehouse
Entmoot Minister of Foreign Affairs

Quote:
Hahaha... nice article, Sis!

I love debating too... for some reason teachers always made me take the less popular opinion (for example debating that Japanese internment camps during WWII were a good idea... could they have given me a worse topic?!)

But at any rate... it can only be a good debate if it's one with mutual respect of debaters... something I found rather lacking here, sadly...
Funny article indeed!

I think one problem in some of these threads is that a few authors seem to try to cover too much information in just one post, which really doesn't get the conversation anywhere. Usually more concise (shorter) posts (which does raise the risk of sounding more edgy!) is more productive than simply spamming nearly a pagelength consisting of one post.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #415
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Yeah, honestly.. if a post is too long... I skim

They never say anything different anyway...

And some of the points that are attempted... they just fail to make sense...

2% it is, Sis!

Last edited by Empress_Flynn : 10-07-2008 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #416
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
*The Extremely Annoyingly Persistant Telemarketing Monster sauntered out in the Cafe to prey upon unsuspecting Mooters.*

Last edited by Grey_Wolf : 10-07-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:41 AM   #417
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

On to a happier topic!

Is this not TOO cute?
fiddle...hate these links.

Try here:
http://www.cambridge2000.com/gallery...72026826e.html

I love playhouses and treehouses.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Last edited by sisterandcousinandaunt : 10-07-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #418
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Neat, Sis!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:54 AM   #419
Empress_Flynn
Elf Lord

Aww... I always wanted a play or tree house... instead I had to make do climbing trees and pretending I had one...

That was fun too though

Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 AM   #420
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

*The Extremely Annoyingly Persistant Telemarketing Monster became even more extremely annoyingly persistant at the apparent igoring of him by the Mooters.*
Closed Thread