Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #381
rohirrim TR
Friendly Neigborhood Sith Lord

well you are a grand admiral so if you slip up once in a while iz not a big deal, you being used to the military languange habits and what not.
...Inspiration is a highly localized phenomenon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gaffer
It seems that as soon as "art" gets money and power (real or imagined), it becomes degenerate, derivative and worthless. A bit like religion.
rohirrim TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:06 PM   #382
trolls' bane
Entmoot Secretary of the Treasury

Well, I didn't! I'd sooner...ah...go on a vacation and arrive in time to bid myself goodbye!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:00 AM   #383
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Gah, Sween buggered off with a young family, and never came back.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:59 AM   #384
Pytt
The Supreme Lord of The Northern Eagles

So, the "moral" is, don't get yourself a young family if you want to keep mooting?
Old 03-28-2006, 04:38 PM   #385
Hasty Ent
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeardofPants
Gah, Sween buggered off with a young family, and never came back.
I miss Sween, Baby-K, Ruinel, Oz/osszie/Coney, and GrayMouser. But it's the nature of boards to change over time. Another 3 years and a different set of members will be reminiscing in a thread very like this one, prolly. :shrug:
Old 03-28-2006, 04:42 PM   #386
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

I really miss Coney and GrayMouser (among others)

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Rían is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #387
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

I miss Ruinel. I suspect I had unfinished business with her.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #388
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

yeah, Ruinel was fun! Gave Janet a run for her money for Finrod!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 03-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #389
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Both Finrods Yeah, I miss her too.

Last edited by Falagar : 03-28-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Falagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 09:41 PM   #390
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowdog
I figured it would be. I do it and I run a board so I know all about how hard it is to be fair. Of course that is only a problen when a site professes to be fair. The trouble is when a certain ideaology permeates such a site and those with power have obvious leanings due to their ideology. Usually in these places, those who are more agreeable in ideology will stick around, wheras other who don't necessarily see things the same will either be loud and get banned, or will quietly go somewhere else. This is just part of my formed opinion based on participation in many an online communities over the last ten years.
Good call.
Do you still go to the Barrow Downs Snowdog? I haven't been there in quite awhile, but I bet they are still Tolkiening.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:05 PM   #391
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasty Ent
I miss Sween, Baby-K, Ruinel, Oz/osszie/Coney, and GrayMouser. But it's the nature of boards to change over time. Another 3 years and a different set of members will be reminiscing in a thread very like this one, prolly. :shrug:
Yeah, I hear you. At least we get a Ruinel/Baby-K/Oz fix sporadically over on the other board though. GrayMouser was awesome too. I miss him.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:22 PM   #392
Rían

Quote:
The trouble is when a certain ideaology permeates such a site and those with power have obvious leanings due to their ideology.
Of course, all sites have their own unique ideologies, and those in power will be there because they generally agree with that ideology. I guess it's just a matter of pick your own ideology. That's why there's lots of sites.

But the only people I see getting banned here are those that consistently break the Entmoot rules, usually by persistent flaming after repeated warnings. Respectful disagreement is one thing, and is fine - I never have seen a mod ban someone for respectfully arguing their point, even if it's against the mod's ideology - it's the flaming that gets people banned here. If by "loud" you mean flaming, then IMO they should be banned. How people communicate is THEIR choice.

Old 03-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #393
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasty Ent
Yep! And certain ones will be persistent, though. Right? Right? *starts panicking*
Old 03-29-2006, 12:55 AM   #394
Lotesse
of the House of Fëanor

Quote:
I figured it would be. I do it and I run a board so I know all about how hard it is to be fair. Of course that is only a problen when a site professes to be fair. The trouble is when a certain ideaology permeates such a site and those with power have obvious leanings due to their ideology. Usually in these places, those who are more agreeable in ideology will stick around, wheras other who don't necessarily see things the same will either be loud and get banned, or will quietly go somewhere else. This is just part of my formed opinion based on participation in many an online communities over the last ten years.
Yes. You know how some things are just "wrong," and others are just "right?" Yeah, me, too.

Well, I sure wish I could have met Baby K, and Ruinel, and JerseyDevil, here on Entmoot. I have a strong feeling that these are people I could really respect. I respect a number of people on this board, a good number of people here keep me coming back and command my respect. A few of them don't, but wahttta ya gonna do? Can't win 'em all.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Lotesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:48 AM   #395
Rían

Quote:
GrayMouser was awesome too. I miss him.
Yeah, he was a really good thinker, and an honest one, too. Those two things don't always go together. I really, REALLY miss him on the discussion threads!

Old 03-29-2006, 01:50 AM   #396
trolls' bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
Yeah, he was a really good thinker, and an honest one, too. Those two things don't always go together. I really, REALLY miss him on the discussion threads!
I remember him, barely! I think...I also sorta remember the first mooter I met too, but his name slips my mind...I think it was Turgon.
I just told Ben I like being described as a time reference point, Johnathan! (sorry if I spelt that wrong. For some reason, I've never found it easy spelling "John")
Old 03-29-2006, 01:51 AM   #397
Rían

One of the first people I chatted with was EXK, my fellow archer from across the pond. She had the prettiest RL name, too - very unusual.

EDIT - nice new title, TB! When did you change it?

Old 03-29-2006, 02:20 AM   #398
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by RÃ*an
One of the first people I chatted with was EXK, my fellow archer from across the pond. She had the prettiest RL name, too - very unusual.
She's a gem. I chat with her occasionally when we're online at the same time.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:31 AM   #399
BeardofPants
the Shrike

I can't really remember the first person I really conversed with... I suspect it may have been Earniel. Ah, good times. I really enjoyed debating back then.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:32 AM   #400
Rev. Justin Timberlake
Andúril the White

Quote:
I can't really remember the first person I really conversed with... I suspect it may have been Earniel. Ah, good times. I really enjoyed debating back then.
Heh. The Theist and Anti-theist threads really took off, eh?