Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 10:18 AM   #381
Aralyn
FloraAzul

Location: Anywhere as long as there is a library in a one mile radius of here
Wow she managed to put it in small letters!!

If I can find a good one I might post but my dad probably won't let me.

Yet many shall be amazed when they see Him-yes even far off foreign nations and thier kings; they shall stand dumb-founded, speechless in his prescence. For they shall see and understand what they had not seen before-Isaiah 52:15a

Civil War- 498,332 dead
WWI-116,708 dead
WWII-407,316 dead
Korean War-54,246 dead
Vietnam War-58,665 dead
Persian Gulf-372 dead
War on The Unborn=35,000,000 dead and counting
Old 04-23-2003, 02:01 PM   #382
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Quote:
Originally posted by Baby-K
You're a bit of alright eh Another candidate for the calendar. Is your hair short now? Just wondering (somehow I alway prefer guys with short hair, but then again yer here fer Cas not me)
The first picture was taken shortly after my hair was cut and I haven't cut it for about 7 months so it's just past my chin now in the front. I prefer keeping it long because I think I have an abnormally large forehead and long face.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 04-23-2003, 02:22 PM   #383
LuthienTinuviel
protector of orphaned rabbits

Quote:
Originally posted by Anglorfin
The first picture was taken shortly after my hair was cut and I haven't cut it for about 7 months so it's just past my chin now in the front. I prefer keeping it long because I think I have an abnormally large forehead and long face.
i haven't cut my hair in a little over a year!
woot woot for long hair!
and BTW your forehead isn't abnormally large, and long faces can be really sexy.
go you.

EDIT: you look like you would have a thing for Nirvana, Soundgarden, silverchair and things.. but that could be just me.

Last edited by LuthienTinuviel : 04-23-2003 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:22 PM   #384
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I got a picture of Bombadillo for everyone. This is him around the same time as my short-haired pic. I had to cut myself and my other little brother out of this picture because otherwise the file would have been too large.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bomb2.jpg (5.7 KB, 488 views)

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 04-23-2003, 03:17 PM   #385
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

That's not a particularly great example by the way. I don't normally look so much like Leno.

Oh and I used to spike my hair. I stopped a while ago out of pure laziness. I'll try to find a pic from back then.

Last edited by Bombadillo : 04-23-2003 at 03:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2003, 06:50 PM   #386
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, list updated with Bombadillo pic

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 04-23-2003, 08:26 PM   #387
wahine
The Original Amazonian Coconut

Thanks Rian!

Baby-K...

I really like your avatar *distinct raising of eyebrows*

Must find one that is...of a similar sort.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:02 AM   #388
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Ach! The 'Moot will be overrun with succubae!

Or is that a bad thing?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 04-24-2003, 08:47 AM   #389
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Ach! The 'Moot will be overrun with succubae!

Or is that a bad thing?
hey the more the merrier I say.

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Old 04-24-2003, 09:10 AM   #390
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

Quote:
Originally posted by wahine
Thanks Rian!

Baby-K...

Must find one that is...of a similar sort.
No, you mustn't! Let there be only one Corruptor. Also, I love your avatar. Leave it.
Old 04-24-2003, 09:56 AM   #391
Baby-K
Corruptor

Quote:
Thanks, that's right sweet of ye
Old 04-25-2003, 12:11 AM   #392
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

OK, updated with Luthien Tinuviel's new site ....

Wayfarer, since you're back now, could you please give me a hand with the evil captions? I'm not good at those, and you are!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 04-25-2003, 12:21 AM   #393
LuthienTinuviel

Quote:
Originally posted by RÃ*an
OK, updated with Luthien Tinuviel's new site ....

Wayfarer, since you're back now, could you please give me a hand with the evil captions? I'm not good at those, and you are!
i fear the comments that may be seen by my name!
Old 04-27-2003, 01:56 AM   #394
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Rian, what ever happened to the Elvish resemblances thing? I can't seem to find them.

Old 04-27-2003, 01:57 AM   #395
Rían

Sorry this took so long, Anglorfin - if you've followed the venting thread, you'll know why (sick kid, getting husband and older son off to El Salvador) - but you remind me of ..... Finarfin, the third son of Finwë.

From the Sil:
Quote:
Finarfin was the fairest, and the most wise of heart; and afterwards he was a friend of the sons of Olwë, lord of the Teleri, and had to wife Eärwen, the swan-maiden of Alqualondë, Olwë's daughter.
I've always liked Finarfin - he seems very wise and noble. His name in Quenya was Arafinwë - 'ar' being a prefix meaning 'noble'. I like how he held himself apart from the strife among the Ñoldor, as well as he could, and how he tried to help when he could, and how his people loved him.

I can picture you leaving Tirion, rather sad at the strife in your family, and going to visit Olwë in his mansions of pearl at Alqualondë, and coming to know and love his people there, and then one day, seeing his beautiful daughter....

Last edited by Rían : 04-27-2003 at 02:17 AM.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:14 AM   #396
Anglorfin
Alasailon

That's fine Rian, I was just curious. I thought there was a list of resemblances too somewhere in this post. Hope your kid gets better. I wouldn't know as a parent but I do understand that kids can be terrible when uncomfortable. Why are your husband and son going to El Salvador?

Old 04-27-2003, 02:25 AM   #397
Rían

Anglorfin - how funny - I didn't even see your post, I was too busy typing and looking up quotes!

Anyway, I'm done now - do you like Finarfin?

I'll get around to putting the elvish names on the top list one of these days ...

My son's better now, but sick kids are no fun - it's hard to see your kids feel sick, and it's hard to be up with them at night and then still have to do the regular stuff during the day!

My husband and oldest son went to El Salvador with a Christian humanitarian aid organization that my bro-in-law works for - Children's Hunger Fund - great organization, provides loads and loads of food and clothing and medical stuff both locally and around the world to needy people, esp. children. They also work very closely with the local people and churches to try to get continuing support structures in place (IOW, they don't just drop off food and leave). They asked my husband to join the board of directors, so he's taking a trip with them. Also our church has worked with them, so he's representing our church, too.

Old 04-27-2003, 02:40 AM   #398
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Finarfin eh? Should I take that as a compliment saying that I am both wise and noble? As for my real personality I've always looked at myself as closer to Maglor, substituting nobility with pride. I'd always like to think that Maglor never really liked true conflict, but nevertheless was not totally guiltless. He still swore the oath out of his own pride, yet in the end he was on the verge of setting aside his pride to repent. Somehow I think that reflects me.

Old 04-27-2003, 02:58 AM   #399
Rían

Well, this has always been just a totally visual thing - people just happen to remind me of how I picture the various Tolkien characters. You just happened to remind me of how I picture Finarfin. I hope you are wise and noble, though - those are good goals!

Maglor - hmm - yes, I like how at the end he wanted to submit to the Valar's judgement, and esp. how it says that "his heart was sorrowful" - that's something that Fëanor never appeared to feel . Do you like music? He was famous for that, as you prob. know.

I'd be glad to make your elvish name in the name list (if I ever get around to it ) to Maglor (my second choice was one of Fëanor's twins, tho, because your hair appears to be reddish, like theirs - is it?)

Old 04-27-2003, 03:01 AM   #400
LuthienTinuviel

oo who do i look like Rian?

i feel safe asking you cause you always have nice things to say and i know you won't say "troll" or "orc"