Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2002, 12:24 AM   #381
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

I was kidding . What can I steal, then? Oh, I know...at my school I am the official glasses stealer. Well, so is Willow, but she's the kleptohatomaniac, so I get to be the kleptoglassemaniac.
Here's your pants back.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 12:30 AM   #382
BeardofPants
the Shrike

*Evil look*

Since this is what men want...

Should I put my pants back on?

Old 04-17-2002, 12:35 AM   #383
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Bah. You really want to know what men want?

You really want to know?

So do we.

'cause once you get what it was you thought you wanted, the first thing that happens is you discover it wasn't what you really wanted.

Then she divorces you, and you give her the house, and the dogs, and some money, so she won't nag you anymore, and you start the process all over again.

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Blackheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 12:56 AM   #384
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackheart
Bah. You really want to know what men want?

You really want to know?

So do we.

'cause once you get what it was you thought you wanted, the first thing that happens is you discover it wasn't what you really wanted.

Then she divorces you, and you give her the house, and the dogs, and some money, so she won't nag you anymore, and you start the process all over again.
*Wonders why BoP loathes marriage when it is clearly lucrative for her*

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Start looking for Mumakil action figures...
Arathorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 01:03 AM   #385
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn

Never trust a woman. Espeshullaly a 'uman woman. They iz deceitful and will try to make you think they don't want something, when in fact that is exactly what they wants, and vice versa.

An if you eber catch on to it- they swaps it around at random to keeps you guessin.

My advice... become a monk. No room left in da ork cave.

Queer haow a cravin' gits a holt on ye -- As ye love the Almighty, young man, don't tell nobody, but I swar ter Gawd thet picter begun ta make me hungry fer victuals I couldn't raise nor buy -- here, set still, what's ailin' ye? ...
Old 04-17-2002, 01:07 AM   #386
Tanoliel
Eccentric Chocolate Crow

Ya know what, Blackheart? Even though that was really confusing, it was still totally logical. It's not just you. I'm sorta like that too...only not going through divorce, great Eru, I hope not... But the whole thing with wanting something and then finding out that that wasn't what you wanted after all.
So if anyone finds out what they want...let me know. Until then I'll be holed up in my room reading Tolkien. 'Cause I KNOW I want that.
-tano

Food Of The Gods:
3,7-dihydro-3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione

Feed Me....

Another Online Dwelling Place...

"All right, I confess. It is my intention to comandeer a ship, pick up a crew in Tortuga, to rape, pillage, plunder and otherwise pilfer my weasely black guts out." -Captain Jack Sparrow

"The trouble with unknown enemies is that they are so difficult to identify." -Amelia Peabody Emerson

"Most people obey the orders of someone who is pointing a gun at their head." -A.P. Emerson

Tanoliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 01:10 AM   #387
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Arathorn
There are easier, and less painful ways to make money, IMO, and marriage is just too claustrophobic. Yech.
Old 04-17-2002, 04:17 AM   #388
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Quote:
Originally posted by BeardofPants

There are easier, and less painful ways to make money, IMO, and marriage is just too claustrophobic. Yech.
What?! Are women locked up in tiny boxes there in NZ when they're married?

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Elennuru s?*la lúmenn' omentielvo (The Death Star shines on the hour of our meeting) - Darth Arathorn

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-17-2002, 05:14 AM   #389
BeardofPants
the Shrike

... Something like that...
Old 04-17-2002, 05:19 AM   #390
Arathorn
Bard of Mangled Songs

Is it the general law or something Maori related? (just curious..)

Accio, Ash Nazg!

Put aside the ranger...
Old 04-17-2002, 05:23 AM   #391
BeardofPants
the Shrike

No, it's just a personal thing. Plus, men over here can be a teensy tiny bit backward, in terms of social relationships. Well, it *is* age related, to be fair. I don't think my generation is as old-fashioned... But NZ is primarily a farming nation, and farmer attitudes are quite prevalent. There are even some pubs, that won't allow women in.

Also, maori tradition has been a little westernised. It used to hold women in relatively high regard (they could be Kaumatua), but now, well...

Last edited by BeardofPants : 04-17-2002 at 05:25 AM.
BeardofPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 10:22 AM   #392
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Eh? Can I immigrate?

Old 04-17-2002, 10:29 AM   #393
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Can I kick your bottom, untill it is red, and numb?
Old 04-17-2002, 10:54 AM   #394
Blackheart
Elf Lord

Oooh- I knew you were an old fashioned gal!

Old 04-17-2002, 10:56 AM   #395
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Is that what men want? To be drop kicked? Anyway, how can I kick someone who uses a smiley?
Old 04-17-2002, 01:03 PM   #396
Blackheart
Elf Lord

<Is that what men want? To be drop kicked?>

'ow should I know, I be an ork.

But since ebryting I usually get turns out to be something I dinna want, me figure ifn I get sometin I didna want, I might like it.

<Anyway, how can I kick someone who uses a smiley?>

'opefully wif tall black shiney boots...

Old 04-17-2002, 01:51 PM   #397
StrawberryIcecream
Elf Lord

you know, your not all as shallow as i thought you were. Youve all mentioned limbs and hair so far. Nothing more. Good for you!

I agree with BoP in a way. I'm really not into marriage at all but i'd like to think that one day i'll meet a nice sensitive but fun guy and he''l be just right....*strawberry wakes up from day dream* Yeah right! As if that'll ever happen!

for all you pippin's out there.
StrawberryIcecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2002, 05:04 PM   #398
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackheart
<Is that what men want? To be drop kicked?>

'ow should I know, I be an ork.

But since ebryting I usually get turns out to be something I dinna want, me figure ifn I get sometin I didna want, I might like it.

<Anyway, how can I kick someone who uses a smiley?>

'opefully wif tall black shiney boots...
Hmmm... You mean like these great big black shiny hobnail boots I just happen to have on my feet?
Old 04-17-2002, 05:36 PM   #399
Blackheart
Elf Lord

oooo.

Shiney shiney.

Shiney boots of leather....

Old 04-17-2002, 05:38 PM   #400
BeardofPants
the Shrike

So, men want shiny, shiny boots of leather? (well, that's me out then, these are faux.)