Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #381
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

I just had the most incredible voice lesson. O_o Because of the one thing I fixed last night when I was practicing, when I came in and sang for my teacher he stopped me after one phrase and said, "Oh my God, your voice is so much better--this is fantastic."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #382
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar View Post
MY MOM GOT A JOB!!! WHEEEEE!!!!

I'm so happy for her, and she seems to really love it. She's teaching at a private Catholic school. Yay! She seems very happy .
Which one? Is it a high school?

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 08-14-2009, 10:13 PM   #383
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

It's the private school attached to our church... It actually has received numerous awards, such as the Blue Ribbon or whatever they call it for excellence because of the kids' combined GPA average. They're paying her pretty decently too... far above the average level for private schools in our area.

So I believe she might have one high school level class (British lit) but the rest is Middle School where she has things like a speech class, spelling, writing, etc. It's all perfect for her because all things literature, presentation, writing, and reading comprehension are her speciality.
Old 08-15-2009, 10:14 AM   #384
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh, sounds like a neat job! *wants* ()
Congrats to your mum. And to you on fixing something

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 08-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #385
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

This may sound silly, but I'm happy that ... I found my toe ring!

I found this toe-ring in a store shortly after we moved to Arizona (one of the few good things that happened here ) and I could swear that it came from Lorien somehow - smooth, curvy golden tree-limb-like lines, and a little diamond hidden in a corner ... just very elven, ya know? I bought it (and on sale for 80% off, so I got it really cheap!) and wore it all the time, and then that stupid accident came that messed up my foot - I had to take it off for treatment/surgery/pt, etc., and in all the pain and stuff, I didn't take note of where I put it. When I finally started to feel better recently, I just couldn't find it - and it just made me kinda sad. Silly, but there it is - it just reminded me of something beautiful. And it was 14 carat gold, too so it was sturdy, and didn't discolor my foot. I tried some other ones, but they always just broke, or made the toe all discolored. Anyway, today I found it!!! It feels so nice to have it there again - a constant reminder of JRRT's works

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!

Last edited by Rían : 08-19-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #386
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Yay Rian! Isn't it nice to find little lost things? You should upload a photo... the ring sounds really pretty. O_o

I'm happy because I got my sister to agree to do some voice lessons with me, and we did a very short one (about ten minutes) just now... it was great! I showed her a few little tricks, and she made some improvements. The biggest thing was that I made her realize just how aware of her body she actually is . For years she's claimed she's just not 'aware' of her body the way other people are (like what's tense, what's relaxed, her center of balance, etc.) and I showed her that she was.

So yay! I'm so excited that I might get to have a 'regular' female voice student so I can experiment!
Old 08-20-2009, 12:18 AM   #387
Amael
Elven Warrior

I'm happy today, so I'm posting here because I am happy! And now I can begin being happy by also catching up on reading Long Lost Leaves and then conjuring a good post!

Tomorrow I'm going on a road trip and so that should be pretty nice. It feels good to feel a little back to normal after just recently thinking I never woould! Today was a good day, tomorrow will be a great one!

Mari, how are you doing? It's been a while since I got to talk to you and all the great people here!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:05 AM   #388
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

Quote:

So yay! I'm so excited that I might get to have a 'regular' female voice student so I can experiment!

Brothers can be so evil, sometimes.

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 08-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #389
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Mwahahahahaha!
Old 08-20-2009, 05:04 PM   #390
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Quote:
Yay Rian! Isn't it nice to find little lost things? You should upload a photo... the ring sounds really pretty. O_o
Yes, it is, and it's hard to find nice toe-rings for some reason - and this one came from Lorien, I'm tellin' ya ...

Quote:
I'm happy because I got my sister to agree to do some voice lessons with me, and we did a very short one (about ten minutes) just now...
From what I've read, you sound like a very good teacher!

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #391
Mari
Elf Lady

Amael, I'm good, thank you! Just came home from my US/CA-trip a few hours ago and I had some sleep and food, so I'm feeling good! Not feeling very sleepy though, which is annoying because it is sleepy time here

I had a wonderfully great time during my vacation!!! Thank you to all I met and spoke to during my vacation. Kudos

Old 08-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #392
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Eeeee! First musical rehearsal today!! I'm excited and really nervous. I have this fear that I'm going to get in there and all of the progress I've made will just vanish... it's like this summer has been a dream, you know? I made so much vocal progress that it feels like it's all just going to disappear and I'll realize it never actually happened. O_o

I don't think I'll have too much trouble, but fingers crossed that I can sing at 100% and not get too nervous. I'm so excited!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 AM   #393
Mari
Elf Lady

*whack!* Okay, now BREATHE!

Better?
Have fun, Tess!

Old 08-25-2009, 06:25 PM   #394
Mari
Elf Lady

I'm happy, because after 4 hours of diligent work, I finally finished putting my free and high-quality photo-album together. I will now send the digital album to the printers and I should have it within 2 or 3 days or so

I also bought a new external hard disk today, to replace the one I destroyed 6 weeks ago. Too bad I can't replace all that's on the disk, but thank heavens for having shared most of my pics over internet! At least those pics I could recover.

Tessar, how did it go? Did you rock?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:05 PM   #395
Tessar
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

YAY for getting your stuff together for the photos!

YES! I rocked ultimate .

Heh, I guess I was okay. He didn't give me any notes at least, which either means I am past all help or that I did okay enough that he didn't feel a need to comment (yet!)

To be perfectly honest, I do feel like I did a pretty good job. I think I oversang a LITTLE bit, because some of the other singers have such big voices, but I really think overall I sang as well as can be expected . I'm pleased, although not entirely satisfied. Still work to do on the voice!

But OMG!!!! YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SHOW IS GOING TO BE THE MOST FREAKING AMAZING PIRATES OF PENZANCE EVAAAAAR!! I was seriously listening to our Mabel (a friend of mine) and just shaking my head in amazement... she was adding extra trills and high notes and just ridiculously awesome stuff that isn't even in the score (the director loved it, of course!) and she made it sound SO EASY! Then my friend, the awesome tenor, started singing extra high notes too because he can sing them with so little effort, so the finish of their duets were always INCREDIBLE because they'd both be singing super high notes together. I mean high notes doesn't always equal good... but they're both so good that they can actually make it musical. It's AWESOME.

I sure hope I can get some recordings to show you guys. This show is going to ROCK ULTIMATE!!! Fo sho!

Last edited by Tessar : 08-25-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:40 PM   #396
katya
Elven Maiden

OMG new house! I've been waiting for the landlord for the past couple days to come to town (he's been busy with tornados and things....) and then we can move in. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 of which are upstairs, all real wood floors, central air conditioning and nice appliances and things, most importantly it's a house and not apartment/duplex/etc. and there's just the 2 of us going to live there, and also the kitty. I'm so excited/nervous! Right now I'm in a smaller house with 4 people and 2 each dogs and cats. Messy people, at that.

Also, i love my job. (substitute teacher)
Old 08-26-2009, 04:13 AM   #397
Mari
Elf Lady

Please ignore my question in the Venting thread
Sounds nice, Katya!

Old 08-26-2009, 06:34 AM   #398
Varnafindë
Princess of the Noldor (and Administrative Empress of the Lone Islands)

Quote:
I sure hope I can get some recordings to show you guys. This show is going to ROCK ULTIMATE!!! Fo sho!

Yes! We want to see it! And to hear you!

Signature picture art - Bard the Bowman - by vigshane
Avatar art - Footsteps of Spring (a young Luthien) - by Henning Janssen
Old 08-26-2009, 07:55 AM   #399
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Seconded! If there is going to be any rocking ultimate, we wanna hear!
Old 08-26-2009, 08:50 AM   #400
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Please ignore my question in the Venting thread
Sounds nice, Katya!
Too late

I did forget to mention here that the house is only two blocks away from this one, so we'll all still be really close to each other and we can walk to each other's houses easily, which was a big plus about this house.
Closed Thread