Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:49 AM   #381
Nautipus
Kraken King

Yeah, some people were out just shopping for their children. We cant even do that now without some dpressed little peice of crap thinkin' he has to take his personal tragedies out on everyone else!!
Absolute idiocy. But sis is right, we do need gun control.

"You ever try to flick a fly?
"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"A crab? I dont see any crab."
"How?! It's right there!!"
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

-Excerpts from A Tale of Two Morons
Old 12-06-2007, 02:38 PM   #382
Mari
Elf Lady

*sigh* This kind of news reminds me of why I don't watch the news or read the newspaper.

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 12-07-2007, 11:20 AM   #383
Nautipus
Kraken King

Okay, I know there's bigger things going on, but I gotta say this. I'm so sleep deprived because of school that I fell asleep at the wheel coming home today, and the only reason I woke up is because my head slipped out of my hand, just as I went through a (thankfully) yellow light!! I'm gonna go to sleep now, see y'all later.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 12-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #384
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautipus
Okay, I know there's bigger things going on, but I gotta say this. I'm so sleep deprived because of school that I fell asleep at the wheel coming home today, and the only reason I woke up is because my head slipped out of my hand, just as I went through a (thankfully) yellow light!! I'm gonna go to sleep now, see y'all later.
Go to sleep. We don't want to have to refuse to speak to you. *waves finger*

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 12-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #385
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Burned a tray of cookies. Darnit.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 12-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #386
Mari
Elf Lady

Still edible or completely burnt?

Old 12-07-2007, 05:31 PM   #387
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

The oatmeal are okay, but lost the sugar cookies. It's a volume thing. I have one dark surface tray that you can't use for cookies, but I grabbed it when I ran short of trays. Piker mistake. I'll just make more, shame on me for rushing.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 12-07-2007, 05:51 PM   #388
Mari
Elf Lady

Oatmeal cookies? If they are what I think they are... can I have some?

Old 12-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #389
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari
Oatmeal cookies? If they are what I think they are... can I have some?
Certainly. I'm noted for my skills with oats.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 12-07-2007, 07:11 PM   #390
Nautipus
Kraken King

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
Certainly. I'm noted for my skills with oats.
There's many ways that that can be taken out of context and used against you, ya know.

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 12-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #391
Mari
Elf Lady

But you being such a nice guy won't do that kind of detestable things right?
Leave that up to me

Old 12-07-2007, 08:03 PM   #392
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

Well today I spent about four hours doing backstage work... cutting patterns, searching through costume racks, doing laundry, searching through more racks, carrying things from place to place...

And honestly I loved it. I know the other kids in my class bitch and moan about backstage work, but I get the hugest kick out of it. Maybe that will fade when I do more, but I really love it.

I enjoy getting to be around creative people and sorting through all of the old clothing.

Then of course I came home, cleaned the house, and my sister just informed me that we're supposed to be at the church to sing at a vigil mass.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP. o(>.<)O

Off I go! Lets hope I can warm up in the car because I need to shower before I can go...
Old 12-09-2007, 05:38 PM   #393
Mari
Elf Lady

My aunt and uncle came by. A happy thing... yeah right. My uncle has twindaughters and a son, 8 and 6 years older. They all have serious plans towards marriage or have been happily living together for years. So he's been asking me how my boyfriend is, knowing I have none, since I was 17 or so. But lately he's asking more annoying questions like "why don't you have a boyfriend?""Should I ask my son to introduce you to one of his friends?" which is annoying in it's own right but since I only see him 6 or 7 times a year or so I can live with it.
However, the last of my cousins from my mothers side recently got married and she is younger then I am. Now my mother and others from the family are starting to focus on me. Like I'm some helpless case or something! Sheesh, I'm 21, still studying and once I'm finished I won't have to rely on a husband to sustain me like my cousins do, so GET OFF MY BACK!
I'll do things in my own time on my own terms and if I don't get you your grandchildren as fast as possible, well too bad!
Man, I was pissed off this afternoon. It was very hard to just turn and walk away...

Old 12-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #394
Nautipus
Kraken King

Wow. Sounds like fun. But we're here to listen.

Your uncle sounds...wierd, I guess. I really dont know what to say here, because I dont have the experience to draw upon. But I'm here, there you go. But maybe he'll lighten up on Christmas. Just about 2 weeks left!

"No."
"It's a waste of time."

"Can you see it?"
"No."
"It's right there!"
"Where?
"There!"
"What is it?"
"A crab."
"Where?"
"There!!!!"
"Oh."

Old 12-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #395
Mari
Elf Lady

Oh no! I forgot... this year he'll actually be present. As will his perfect daughters and son... Don't get me wrong, I do like them and I get along with his kids just fine. It's just that he is like a dog: very persistent. Especially when it comes to this subject and if my mother also joins and starts her rant on that she would like to have grandchildren before she dies...
And you can't really reply to it either. You see, in my family almost everyone was married when they turned 19 and had a kid or 2 when they were my age. The argument that I'm still going to school doesn't work, because they all finished college part-time and got a normal job afterward. (well the older generation didn't, but you know what I mean)
Anyway, you can just ignore this vent of mine. I just needed to get it out of my system and my friends IRL are also seriously seeing people or lesbian in one case so they are no help either.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:08 PM   #396
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

hum. I'm not sure you're totally bent out of shape because of your uncle. I think his questions make you feel an eeetle bit odd and insecure.

I know it's difficult, when people seem paired off like turtledoves everywhere. But it's really okay to finish school before starting a family. Having kids older is a great way to stay young.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 12-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #397
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Poor Mari, it does suck when family pressures you on marriage. *hugs*

You could always ask uncle what he would prefer: you marrying now because of the pressure, having a kid or two, and then a very messy divorce because you married too young, OR to stop pestering you and letting you sort it out yourself in the next couple of years. I think he'll know which to pick.

Luckily I have the sort of gran that, when my sister said she doesn't see any need to marry her boyfriend, reacted with the remark: "good for you, girl, absolutely right."

But at least you don't have a sister who tries to pawn you off to a nice congolese student she met just once on the bus, who only speaks a little french, and asks random people for their sister's age and telephone numbers since he needs a girl-friend. My sister is oh so subtle in telling me 26 years is too old to still live at home and have no boy friend.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:14 PM   #398
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

My vent.

If people don't get a clue and back the fracas up, I'm taking myself on vacation early. ONE more person trying to adjust my schedule to get their items higher on the things to do list will be making a fatal mistake.

I have a plan, people. If I wasn't frickin' amazing, you wouldn't be hiring me, so back off. Let me do my job.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

Old 12-09-2007, 06:18 PM   #399
Mari
Elf Lady

Haha! No, my sister is trying to get me and her best friend together.
Some in our family suspect she's not into guys because boys are all over her, but she never dates any of them, so that would mean I'm my mothers "last hope".
My mother did set me up with the son of one of her colleagues once(with the colleague's permission), which was rather funny since he was gay but hadn't found the right moment to tell his mother yet. We had a great time

Old 12-09-2007, 06:21 PM   #400
Mari
Elf Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterandcousinandaunt
My vent.

If people don't get a clue and back the fracas up, I'm taking myself on vacation early. ONE more person trying to adjust my schedule to get their items higher on the things to do list will be making a fatal mistake.

I have a plan, people. If I wasn't frickin' amazing, you wouldn't be hiring me, so back off. Let me do my job.
Right on! But... it does sound great having people line up for your services.

Closed Thread