Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entmoot Archive
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-23-2004, 11:42 AM   #381
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ruinel
Don't hit me with the Admin Stick of Pain! EeeaaAAAHHHH!! I'll be good! honestly!!!
I thought JD was in NJ? Or is Mars and NJ the same place?

I don't think it's sleep deprivation... hmmm... could it be senility? Or are those strange, evil voices in your head getting louder again?

NO NO NO!!! NOT THE ADMIN STICK OF DEATH AGAIN!!! AAAAAIIIIIIIAAAAAHHHH!!!!!
*runs screaming from SGH's wrath*
You have misread my post. Yes, NJ and mars are the same place. And I was referring to JD's sleep deprivation. I am not sleep deprived.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

AboutNewJersey.com - New Jersey
Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-23-2004, 12:03 PM   #382
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
You have misread my post. Yes, NJ and mars are the same place. And I was referring to JD's sleep deprivation. I am not sleep deprived.
Oh.. how sad ... then it's senility, is it? *is sad for SGH*
Old 03-23-2004, 12:06 PM   #383
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Oh.. how sad ... then it's senility, is it? *is sad for SGH*
Spare me your sympathy. The only one I feel sorry for in this election is poor Jonathan. He has such a confused VP.

"North away." he said: "to the swords, and the siege, and the walls of defence - that yet for a while in Beleriand rivers may run clean, leaves spring, and birds build their nests, ere Night comes."

Travel and Tourism Guide
Old 03-23-2004, 12:09 PM   #384
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Golden Hair
Spare me your sympathy. The only one I feel sorry for in this election is poor Jonathan. He has such a confused VP.
oops.. your jealousy is showing
Old 03-23-2004, 04:03 PM   #385
azalea
Long lost mooter

I think we need to have "candidate disclosure" (or whatever the term is) when others sling mud for a candidate. IOW, so-and-so slings mud in favor of SGH, there must be a sentence at the beginning saying "I'm SGH, and I approved this post."

A question for the candidates: If you are elected, will you petition the admins to update the poor Tolkien Trail?

Edit: Oh, I just looked, and there was a little update a few days ago.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:05 PM   #386
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea

A question for the candidates: If you are elected, will you petition the admins to update the poor Tolkien Trail?
ANYTHING you ask, muh dear! We're easy! And QUITE eager to please as the actual voting draws closer!

I'm sure it'll be unanimous on this one!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 03-23-2004, 04:08 PM   #387
Radagast The Brown
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Nurvingiel
EDIT: I noticed your edit. We put that in our sig, because Radagast the Brown had something about us in his sig. I forget what it was, I think he's changed it though. Maybe we should upgrade too. What do you think Hector?
No, I did not change it. And there's nothing slanderous in my sig. 'don't vote for hectorberlioz' is not slanderous, really.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:08 PM   #388
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
I can ask the admins to do that even if I'm not elected.
SGH! Do Azaela's bidding!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:15 PM   #389
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

A few questions that arn't really connected to running for president, but the answers should add a little insight into the minds of the candidates.

If by being elected President of Entmoot allowed you to change one thing about the movies, what would it be? If you could be one character from any of Tolkien's books, who would it be and why? And if Tolkien was to appear suddenly alive and well, saying that he wanted to write a new tale with you as the main character, who would that character be and what would they do?

(I apologize for these questions, they're pretty random I know, but I thought they'd be good to answer even if no-one else thinks it!)
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 03-23-2004, 04:50 PM   #390
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
A few questions that arn't really connected to running for president, but the answers should add a little insight into the minds of the candidates.

If by being elected President of Entmoot allowed you to change one thing about the movies, what would it be? If you could be one character from any of Tolkien's books, who would it be and why? And if Tolkien was to appear suddenly alive and well, saying that he wanted to write a new tale with you as the main character, who would that character be and what would they do?

(I apologize for these questions, they're pretty random I know, but I thought they'd be good to answer even if no-one else thinks it!)
I think they are good questions, and I would like to answer them, even though I am only runny for vice president.

For question one, I would get rid of that insidious goodbye at the end of Return of the King, and add back in the Scouring of the Shire.

If I could be one charactor in Tolkien's books it would be Wormtounge because he understands the power of words. I also belive that the bad guys are the ones that make the story interesting, so that is why I sympithize with them more often.

If I were in a Tolkien tale, I would be the person from the "real world" thrown into another world who belives in what is happening. I would not be the person who is in denial about leaving their own world.

I feel very presumtuous answering these questions, but I have never run for anything before. I have ideas about what people want, but I have never had the opportunity to do something until now. Thank you.

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 03-23-2004, 05:19 PM   #391
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

If I could change one thing in the movies, I would change Faramir’s character because that was the one single thing that bothered me the most. I would scrap the whole Osgiliath business and make Faramir let the hobbits go while still in Ithilien. In the books, Faramir understood a lot earlier that he had to let go of the Ring and the hobbits whereas in the film, he is portrayed like some kid who wants to make his dad Denethor proud by giving him a Father’s Day gift. And Denethor? In the books, Denethor was an intelligent man but PJ made him a complete lunatic. That was the second thing which bothered me the most.

But there are a lot of things I would like to change as well, even though I enjoyed the movies very much.
I know Hector would not want to change the part where Arwen is riding Frodo to the ford

If I could be a character from any of Tolkien’s books, I would like to be an ordinary hobbit. I don’t think anyone in Tolkien’s universe were happier and enjoyed life more than the carefree hobbits.
Though, I would enjoy being Denethor too, mainly because I think he is one of the most interesting persons in LotR. His character got quite complex when the Palant*r began to influence his mind. He might have been a mean man but he was never truly evil. He was just poisoned by the evil of Sauron.
It would actually be fun to be an anti-hero like Denethor.

If I were a person in a Tolkien tale, I would be a hobbit setting out to see all the wonders of Middle-Earth and to seek adventures just like Bilbo. Imagine how great it would be to discover Tolkien’s fantastic world through the eyes of a hobbit!
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.

Last edited by Jonathan : 03-23-2004 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #392
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan
I know Hector would not want to change the part where Arwen is riding Frodo to the ford

"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 03-23-2004, 08:33 PM   #393
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
Excellent questions Lal.
Quote:

If by being elected President of Entmoot allowed you to change one thing about the movies, what would it be?
Only one eh? (I'm extremely tempted to change the part where Frodo sends Sam away, or fix Denethor, Elrond and Arwen, but one thing it is. I want to add the Scouring of the Shire as well, but within the scope of the movie as it is, I feel that 'helping out' Legolas and Gimli would have more benefit. )

I would emphasize the true characters of Gimli and Legolas. This would include removing all lines and actions that made them looks like buffoons (Gimli), or Captain Obvious (Legolas). It would also include the deletion of the "dwarf-tossing" scene at Helm's Deep, and Legolas' silly stunts (the Mumakil thing, and the skateboarding thing). It would also include the addition of them becoming great friends in Lorien, and their newfound respect for each other.
If that doesn't really count as one thing, then I'd delete Arwen from the Flight to the Ford, give Glorfindel his proper role, and have Frodo ride alone, defying the Nazgul at the Ford.
Quote:
If you could be one character from any of Tolkien's books, who would it be and why?
One character. It's amazingly difficult to choose only one of his wonderful characters. I would like to be Sam, because he's is my most favourite character, and I've always identified well with him. We have a few things in common, Sam and I. I would be friends with him if I ever had the wonderous good fortune to actually meet him. We both love trees and nature, are good cooks, enjoy food and a well-earned pint, and we're both foresters. I am also a loyal friend, but I don't know what I would do if I was faced with such a difficult trial as he did. No one can know what they would do in such a situation until they're faced with it. That's why I would like to be Sam.
Quote:

And if Tolkien was to appear suddenly alive and well, saying that he wanted to write a new tale with you as the main character, who would that character be and what would they do?
After I thanked him profusely for creating such a wonderful and beautiful world, I would tell him I'm supremely grateful that he will write another Middle-earth book, where I would like it to be set. I would want it to be set in S.R. 1442, when Sam, Rosie, and Elanor rode to Gondor, and stayed there for a year. Tolkien no doubt would write brilliant events before, during and after, but I would hope this one event would be included. If I was to be included in the story... hmm... maybe the character would just be loosely based on me, as someone they meet in Gondor.
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 03-24-2004, 11:16 PM   #394
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Theoden

You good Entmoot folks need yet another reason to vote for SGH? Well... just in case you do, referrals!

hector: 1
jonathan: 0
SGH: 10!!

That's right, SGH has led 10 people to discover Entmoot! Remarkable, I'd say!

Tales of Nolduryon
Visitors Come to Court

Ñ á ë ?* ó ú é ä ï ö Ö ñ É Þ ð ß ® ™

[Xurl=Xhttp://entmoot.tolkientrail.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=ABCXYZ#postABCXYZ]text[/Xurl]

Splitting Threads is SUCH Hard Work!!
Old 03-24-2004, 11:58 PM   #395
Nurvingiel
Co-President of Entmoot
Super Moderator

She probably threatened them with the Klingon stick of pain, which she tries to disguise as an admin stick!
Originally Posted by hectorberlioz
My next big step was in creating the “LotR Remake” thread, which, to put it lightly, catapulted me into fame.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessar
IM IN UR THREDZ, EDITN' UR POSTZ
Old 03-25-2004, 12:02 AM   #396
jerseydevil
I am Freddie/UNDERCOVER/ Founder of The Great Continent of Entmoot

Quote:
Originally posted by Valandil
You good Entmoot folks need yet another reason to vote for SGH? Well... just in case you do, referrals!

hector: 1
jonathan: 0
SGH: 10!!

That's right, SGH has led 10 people to discover Entmoot! Remarkable, I'd say!
She bribes them from SF-Fandom - that's why.

BTW - Jonathan was a moderator on the #1 Tolkien chat on ICQ.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

Memorial to the Twin Towers
New Jersey Map
Fellowship of the Messageboard
Legend of the Jersey Devil
Support New Jersey's Liberty Tower
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-25-2004, 12:24 AM   #397
hectorberlioz
Master of Orchestration President Emeritus of Entmoot 2004-2008

actually my referrals would be right up there with SGH's.
just that the people i persuaded never posted and stuff....

Acaly und Hektor fur Presidants fur EntMut fur life!
Join the discussion at Entmoot Election 2010.
"Stupidissimo!"~Toscanini
The Da CINDY Code
The Epic Poem Of The Balrog of Entmoot: Here ~NEW!
~
Thinking of summer vacation?
AboutNewJersey.com - NJ Travel & Tourism Guide
Old 03-25-2004, 12:30 AM   #398
jerseydevil

Quote:
Originally posted by hectorberlioz
actually my referrals would be right up there with SGH's.
just that the people i persuaded never posted and stuff....
So you bring do nothings to entmoot. I don't think that is the type of president we won't here.

"The only thing better than a great plan is implementing a great plan" - JerseyDevil

"If everyone agreed with me all the time, everything would be just fine"- JerseyDevil

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide

Old 03-25-2004, 12:30 AM   #399
Ruinel
Banned

No one wants to ask the VP's anything?
Old 03-25-2004, 12:34 AM   #400
jerseydevil

Quote:
No one wants to ask the VP's anything?
They aren't important unless the president gets killed. We'll come to that when we get to it.

AboutNewJersey.com
New Jersey MessageBoard
Another Tolkien Forum

New Jersey Map
Peacefire.org

Travel and Tourism Guide