Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 11:57 AM   #381
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

I watched Once Upon a Time in Mexico yesterday. Quite a good movie. But not as good as Desperado.

My friend didn't like it though - especially the eye and knee bits.
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 04-05-2004, 06:47 AM   #382
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Lalaith_Elf
I watched Once Upon a Time in Mexico yesterday. Quite a good movie. But not as good as Desperado.

My friend didn't like it though - especially the eye and knee bits.
ahhahahaha PUSSY!!!! oooh well i was dissapointed when i first heard that Selma Hayek was only in it in flashbacks but it worked out good, definately no Desperado although i do love Johnny Depp i sound like a fan-wench hehehe
Old 04-05-2004, 07:33 AM   #383
Lalaith_Elf
Her Infernal Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
ahhahahaha PUSSY!!!! oooh well i was dissapointed when i first heard that Selma Hayek was only in it in flashbacks but it worked out good, definately no Desperado although i do love Johnny Depp i sound like a fan-wench hehehe
HEY! It's not my mates fault she can't handle a bit of gore! Nobody insults my mates ..... except for me!
"It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
Old 04-09-2004, 12:01 AM   #384
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

~

I just seen the matrix reveloutions yesterday, and texas chainsaw massacre. I also watched Gothika, Bad boys II, [on dvd]
And on vhs: Old school, 28 days later [again] & Trainspotting[again]

Oh, & Everyone who hasnt seen 4 rooms, shold rent it, to see Quentin Terintino's slot, He is a great director.

I also watched A fairy tale, I could not believe that Harvey Keitel was in it.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:10 AM   #385
Mercutio

"A Night at the Opera"--the best (imho) movie of the Marx brothers.

I love all their stuff. Its absolutely hilarious! Literally "fall on the floor laughing".

Interested in C.S. Lewis? Visit the forum dedicated
to one of Tolkien's greatest contemporaries.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:04 PM   #386
Grey_Wolf
Elf Lord

Location: Mirkwood, well actually I live in North-west Scania, Sweden
I saw The Perfect Storm yesterday. Wasn't particularly good.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:16 PM   #387
Catgirl
Elven Warrior

I saw "Love at First Bite" last night, it was Okay, but the only good part was the guy who played Dracula.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:25 AM   #388
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Taking Lives. Had it's moments (albeit few and far between). Nothing special.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:39 PM   #389
Cirdan
Elf Lord of the Grey Havens

Stealing Beauty... meh

KIll Bill Vol 1 is next.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 04-15-2004, 11:07 PM   #390
Lady Ravyn
Thief Queen of Entmoot

just finished watching mona lisa smile.
it was ok, i guess; like a girl's version of the dead poet's society. it would have been better if they had put more focus on art and less focus on typical feminism- it was all the same old stuff! for god's sake! give me some new arguments and situations!

Proud Member of the Evil Mooters and upstanding citizen of the Planet Bob!

And all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be...

My Space!

Cynicism is what happens when a person opens their eyes; stops blinking in the sun, and starts wondering "why". Question everything, believe only that which you yourself deem true. Go ahead- Call me cynical.
Old 04-17-2004, 05:31 PM   #391
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Tinuveil

Millane, the end is f-ing nigh, thats from a cool movie, I bought it on vhs,
28 days later is good.
Just watched "28 days later", all by myself in the middle of the night and... it was okay. The first half was good, especially the mood set by the cinematography, but from the time of the soldiers on it totally fell apart.

And I normally have a thing for zombie movies- any other kind of horror I can handle, but the Undead usually keep me up all night with the lights on- this one, eh, so-so.

Zombies are supposed to be slow, dammit!!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
Old 04-17-2004, 05:52 PM   #392
Falagar
Death of Mooters and [Entmoot] Internal Affairs

Starsky & Hutch - Fun movie, making fun of and lots of good gags from the 70's (I suspect, never lived then myself so can't really tell ).
Old 04-17-2004, 06:05 PM   #393
Cirdan

Kill Bill Vol.1 crap for the sake of crap Like the Monty Python parody of Sam Peckinpah only lasting 2 hours and more colorful language. The anime was pointless and poor quality in pseudo "look, it's art!" kind of way. In the end I was glad it was over. And I hear Vol.2 isn't as good.
There exists a limit to the force even ther most powerful may apply without destroying themselves. Judging this limit is the true artistry of government. Misuse of power is the fatal sin. The law cannot be a tool of vengance, never a hostage, nor a fortification against the martyrs it has created. You cannot threaten any individual and escape the consequences.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Old 04-17-2004, 11:07 PM   #394
Lady Tinuveil
Elven Warrior

Quote:

Zombies are supposed to be slow, dammit!! [/B]
A zombie can be whatever you imagine it to be, I am writing a horror script & the zombies are unlike the cliche of most movie zombies, stupid & pointless

And I still like 28 days later, as a movie collector.

Also- I just seen Kill Bill on dvd & I liked the fight scenes and Uma,
Quentin terintino has a talent. I am waiting to see the next one.
Old 04-18-2004, 01:26 AM   #395
Katt_knome_hobbit
Dead

Location: on the floor, under the table, just to your left, your other left
I have weird things about zombies. They are cool, but some people can be obsessed. Like a friend of mine had a comic drawn about him where he dreamed about zombies and had fun. Then I was having a lucid dream the next night and didn't know what to do. I said to myself in the dream "Peter likes dreaming about zombies, so I think I shall." Except for the dream was really freaky because, as GrayMouser said, zombies are supposed to be slow and in my dream they were too damn fast. It just goes to show you you can't trust zombies. Or people. Especially people who dream about zombies.

What was this thread anyway?

Right. I just saw the origional "Ladykillers" and it was WONDERFUL! I simply LOVE Alec Guiness in that! (aka. Obi-Wan)

Did I already mention that Falagar is my new favorite person?

I thought that Alcohol was just for those with nothing else to do.
I thought that drinking just to get drunk was a waste of precious booze.
But now I know that there's a time and there's a place where I can choose
To walk the fine line between self control and self abuse.

"Lacerations make complications, but welts go away in a day."
Old 04-18-2004, 03:19 AM   #396
Millane
The Dude

ooooh i went to melb on friday and i got some new dvd's so thats all ive been watching. i bought the new dvd of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and oh my god it rocks, it is one of the best packs ever, and i got my cool copy of 28 days later with the classy knock out case, and Welcome to the Jungle for something fun to watch, and of course my pride and joy, the Rocky set, ive been meaning to buy them since they came out ages ago so when i saw it in Melb i had to get... anyway ive just been watching the end scene in Rocky 5 over and over, it starts when Tommy Gunn wants to fight Rocky (****ing ungrateful bastard) then Paulie starts abusing Tommy then Tommy hits Paulie, then one of Rocky's greatest lines
"now You knocked him down, why dont you try knocking me down now" then the Duke starts crapping on about Tommy only fights in the ring "My rings outside". cut to Tommy chucking a hissy fit "I WANT MY RESPECT!" then staunch Rocky "well come and get it".... WOOOO! ITALIAN STALLION
also watched Battle Royale on friday night which also rocks
man the child catcher is creepy
Old 04-18-2004, 07:38 AM   #397
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

In cinemas, being the January-April period, there just haven't been that many new releases to see. However, since February, I've caught:

The Passion of the Christ - very well done with reservations here and there, and surprisingly approachable from as objective a point of view as possible.

Hidalgo - so ho-hum, forgettable and mediocre I hardly have anything to say.

Hellboy - at times silly, but quite entertaining for the duration of one viewing, and not a waste of my money.

The Punisher - really long negative-leaning review here.

Kill Bill, Vol. 2 - really long quite positive review here.
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
Old 04-18-2004, 09:53 AM   #398
GrayMouser
Elf Lord

Speaking of the speed of zombies:

Quote:
Dead Run
How did movie zombies get so fast?
By Josh Levin
It's not for nothing that zombies are called the walking dead. In George A. Romero's classic Night of the Living Dead (1968), a group of shut-ins sits in terror, watching television for the latest updates on the creeping undead menace. "Are they slow-moving, chief?" asks a reporter. "Yeah," the cop says wearily, "they're dead."
more...

http://slate.msn.com/id/2097751

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us, cats look down on us, but pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill
Old 04-18-2004, 10:19 AM   #399
Andúril
The Original Corruptor

Almost Famous

I liked it. I wanted the lead character to succeed. It has, to a small degree, inspired me.

And I like Goldie Hawn's daughter.
Old 04-18-2004, 11:05 AM   #400
Cirdan

Almost Famous was very good. An acurate depiction of 70's a slice of 70's culture in the US.

Zombies are always good. 28 days later was good in spots but the zombies were too inconsistent. But the important thing was it had zombies.

-Muad'dib on Law
The Stilgar Commentary
Closed Thread