Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:20 AM   #381
Jonathan
Entmoot Attorney-General,
Equilibrating the Scales of Justice, Administrator

Katya, I'm crossing my fingers that things will brighten up. Stay strong!
How did the situation get like this?
An unwritten post is a delightful universe of infinite possibilities. Set down one word, however, and it immediately becomes earthbound. Set down one sentence and it’s halfway to being just like every other bloody entry that’s ever been written.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:39 AM   #382
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

oh, katya ... *hugs* My complaint was so petty in comparison ...

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Entmoot : Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I got hooked!

Ego numquam pronunciare mendacium, sed ego sum homo indomitus!
Run the earth and watch the sky ... Auta i lómë! Aurë entuluva!
Old 10-16-2008, 02:48 AM   #383
Mari
Elf Lady

Dear Kittykat, first: there's a difference between venting and complaining.
As long as you don't do the whole 'woe me, for I am the worst off in the entire world"-thing, it can't be categorized as complaining. So there.
Second: I'm so sorry to hear that. That's really a tight spot you are in
*hugs*
Your bf does have a job right? Will there be money for food again soon?
I'll think of you!

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Old 10-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #384
katya
Elven Maiden

Oh, thanks everyone.

I think there wasn't any one reason, but it's just hard living on your own without a decent job. My bf and I are both working, but only part time during the school year. The idea was that my overage should be able to make up for not working but that's pretty much all spent on this and that already. Did I mention the $250+ in overdraft fees a couple weeks ago? That didn't help either.

Anyway, like I said, come next semester's overages and a couple other bits of money I should get, it'll be a little better. And he did go grocery shopping last night so there's stuff to eat.

R*an, your complaints aren't petty! I have lived with roommates until last spring who were a lot the same, and it just made everything so stressful. I'm glad I at least have a nice comfortable home now. I hope you can go home soon. I always think my complaints are petty too though, if I hang around the venting thread long enough.

Last edited by katya : 10-16-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #385
Mari
Elf Lady

No vent is petty. Venting is a healthy activity in my book. So please don't think any vent is too petty!

Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #386
BeardofPants
the Shrike

Oh good. Cos teh bruxism really hurts. >_<
Old 10-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #387
Mari
Elf Lady

What is a bruxism?

Old 10-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #388
OldHippie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
What is a bruxism?
BoP learned a new word Mari and she's using it all over the internet.

Katya, your a Yooper, there's always somthing to eat you just gotta go get it is all.

Rian, Good luck to you. (Waves back at Rian cause she waved to me).
Old 10-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #389
Rían
Half-Elven Princess of Rabbit Trails and Harp-Wielding Administrator (beware the Rubber Chicken of Doom!)

Thanks, OH! I have more of a sense of humor about it all now. She wants to "talk" to me on Friday - which means deny any fault at all on her part and get angry. It wouldn't be so bad, except for the involvement of my kids. I have to protect them, and we can't avoid seeing her altogether. But we CAN avoid seeing her often, and we do. What's so hard, too, is that she definitely has perception problems, to say the least, and I honestly don't know how much to put down to honest confusion. I'd say not a lot, from my experience of two years here, but I want to give her at least some benefit of the doubt. And yet if she offers (which I doubt) to carpool again, how can I tell her, without breaking her heart, that my kids can't stand (with very good reason) to be in her car? *another headdesk*

"How lovely are Thy dwelling places, O Lord of hosts! ... For a day in Thy courts is better than a thousand outside." (from Psalm 84) * * * God rocks!

Old 10-16-2008, 05:38 PM   #390
katya
Elven Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHippie View Post
Katya, your a Yooper, there's always somthing to eat you just gotta go get it is all.
You mean like venison? lol

I can't believe milk is like $5 a gallon now. And everything's gone up recently. Canned corn went from 50 cents to 68 cents.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #391
Rían

Wow! We get it a lot cheaper here, esp. if you buy two gallons at the same time.

Old 10-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #392
OldHippie
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by katya View Post
You mean like venison? lol
You got it.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:52 PM   #393
katya
Elven Maiden

Milk was $3.69 a gallon this time last year (I worked at a store, lol).

While I do enjoy venison, I am not a hunting girl. Although, if I found myself in a situation where it was either hunt or starve to death, then I might be ok with it. I don't have a problem with hunting for food, but I don't like hunting for sport (though controlling the deer population is important). Still, I would probably make the boys do it. Ok now I really want some venison. I like eating a deer that I know who killed it. Much preferable to eating cows raised and slaughtered under those conditions.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:55 PM   #394
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

katya...dried beans and flour. Both cheap, easy to store and nutritious. You should never be buying canned corn, and particularly this time of year. You have to look at the price per pound of your foods.

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #395
katya
Elven Maiden

But I wanted to try a corn coup recipe! I think it tasted better with the whole corn though, even though the recipe said creamed corn. I've been trying to avoid corn actually, since I've heard it's really not that good for humans, though I haven't really looked into it too much myself. I really like it though, especially with mashed potatoes.

Still not quite poor enough to eat beans regularly (yuck) but I do use quite a bit of flour. I've been too busy lately but I like making bread and homemade pizza.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:05 PM   #396
Mari
Elf Lady

Today I went to the birthday party of my friend, which was great. There are four of us in our little group, but only three of us were there because the fourth one 'was busy with school' (like we aren't). Anyway, I heard a lot of bitching about her and a lot of things happened that my other two friends didn't like, so they complain to me/ tell me about it, but they don't honestly tell friend 4 about it!
It annoys me to no end.
Of course I DO tell her whenever she annoys me, so that makes friend 4 not so happy with me a lot of times. (Actually, there are a lot of things that make her not so happy any way ) And because friend 1 and 2 don't open their mouths, nothing ever changes and this keeps going on and I want them to GET A GRIP AND OPEN THEIR MOUTHS! >_<

Thank you.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #397
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

I know what you mean. I have a female friend who is being (fairly blatantly) pursued by a fellow who, at this point, is getting rather obnoxious, just always coming up to her, sitting with her at events and meals, etc. She is aware that he is pursuing her, and she does not like it one bit, but she won't say anything to him.

A) Leaving things the way they are makes the situation unpleasant for all involved, except the pursuer.

B) More importantly, something like this needs to be cut off in its early stages, or it will only hurt that much more when it finally is cut off.

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Old 10-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #398
sisterandcousinandaunt
Elf Lord

Arrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!

Cool. I want one.

TMNT

No, I'm not emo. I just have a really poor sense of direction. (Thanks to katya for this quote)

This is the best news story EVER!
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26087293/

“Often my haste is a mistake, but I live with the consequences without complaint.”...John McCain

"I shall go back. And I shall find that therapist. And I shall whack her upside her head with my blanket full of rocks." ...Louisa May
Old 10-22-2008, 11:42 PM   #399
Rían

*hands sis tea and sympathy*

Old 10-23-2008, 02:11 AM   #400
Mari
Elf Lady

*puts on soothing music and gives Sis a quick hug*
Better now?

Closed Thread