Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > General Messages
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2001, 03:17 PM   #21
Gilthalion

Re: Exactly.

I'll have to use my amazing wightish powers and presence to see about that Entmoot link!

Actually, I've had some incredibly busy spells (in addition to working on the Barrow Downs) in what passes for my life. I've also not posted on Enchanting Camelot lately.

But thanks for the welcome! I looked in on the Nomads and it looked like fun, but I must travel alone! I'll try to stop by more frequently. I hope to finish THE HOBBITS by the end of the year. I have to catch up on my New Year's pledge to do a reading a month. And I'm gonna try to get a gig or two at Barnes & Noble to read excerpts of FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING. And Random-House has contacted me about my little, hardly noticeable, hobby site. How'd I get on that list?

Meanwhile... I've cut my hair and shaved my beard to a goatee. The Mrs says I must grow my beard back and that I may also grow my hair long again. I'm still doing lots of cooking. I ripped the lawnmower cord out with my mighty right arm. We're gonna move, so I'm not yet raising rabbits and I probably won't have a Fall garden, but then again I might, but I'd have to buy a tiller attachment for my weedwhacker. I've got fire ant bites all over my normally bare feet (which is how I do yardwork), but since I never scratched them the first time, they never itched (your Grandma was right!). I've had to have a new engine put into my Honda and the Sentra needed a new resister board. I went to the dentist and have to go again. Miss Kitty is doing fine, but we've had to put ointment in her eyes because of a recurrent infection which makes them run. I changed kitty litter brands and the problem went away. Stay away from chemicals and fragrances in the kitty litter. The cheap stuff works best, just keep it cleaned out. I've finally retired from radio, even on the weekends, and I've gotten a promotion here at the laboratory, where I should be testing woodchips instead of writing this, so I guess I'll go ahead and take lunch, now that I've spent this much time so that way I won't be cheating the company. Hmmmmm. What will I have for lunch? (And so on...)
Old 08-02-2001, 03:22 PM   #22
bmilder

Thanks Gil, if you can link the Trail and Entmoot that would be appreciated .

Random House contacted you? What did they say? HarperCollins contacted us about their new web site last week.

I know how hard it is to be a regular member at multiple boards at once (I for one basically just stopped ), but we'll be happy to see you whenever you are able to drop by.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:30 PM   #23
Gilthalion

Duh. Yes, it was Harper-Collins.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:22 PM   #24
Shanamir Duntak

Wow... lot's of stuff happened Gil!
Will you come to EntmootCon?
Old 08-03-2001, 03:03 AM   #25
Gilthalion

I don't know anything about it. Probably not, but let me look into it.
Old 08-03-2001, 03:06 AM   #26
bmilder

There's several threads about it lying around in GM somewhere. Basically, we are meeting in NJ to see the LotR movie this December. It's a bit far from Alabama, but some people are coming from further than that.