Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-04-2003, 02:44 PM   #21
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

I like the scene where Éowyn catches a glimpse of Aragorn in Helms Deep after thinking he fell in battle. For a second she is wet with emotion, and is just as quickly crushed as she sees Legolas pass Arwen's pendent to him.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:02 AM   #22
mithrand1r
Cyber Elf Lord

I think it is very funny to watch scenes with the ents at double speed (2x normal viewing speed). The ents really stand out from the rest of the scenery.

post 150

'Many are my names in many countries,' he said. 'Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkûn to the Drarves; Olórin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incánus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not.' Faramir

What nobler employment, or more valuable to the state, than that of the man who instructs the rising generation? Cicero (106BC-43BC)

Last edited by mithrand1r : 09-05-2003 at 07:13 AM.
mithrand1r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2003, 07:25 PM   #23
muhanga44
Sapling

favorite moments

Legolas, Aragorn, and Gimli are amazing!! Legolas is by far the coolest archer in hollywood. My favorite part in TTT has to be druing the battle of helms deep when gimli says to legolas, "ive killed two already!" and legolas replies, "im on seventeen!". The humor in the competition between the two is unlike any other. other favorite parts are: when aragorn arrives in helms deep when everyone thinks he died, and he throws open the huge door to see the king. he is such a bad boy there and i think its awesome! hey, for a 46 year old he doesnt look too bad! also, when the wolves of isengaurd come and the scene opens with legolas shooting an arrow and all u can hear is the music and the arrow whizzing by, and then legolos swings himself up on the horse. its amazing he is so awesome! legolas is so cool and extremely hot!! anyone agree??
muhanga44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2003, 10:49 PM   #24
Goldberry1
Elven Warrior

My absolute favorite moment of the movie is when Treebeard is talking to Merry and Pippin during the Entmoot and says "... it takes a long time to say anything in old Entish, and we never say anything that is not worth taking a long time to say."
Old 09-07-2003, 04:24 PM   #25
Estel13
RPG-aholic Psycho

Re: favorite moments

Quote:
Originally posted by muhanga44
when aragorn arrives in helms deep when everyone thinks he died, and he throws open the huge door to see the king. he is such a bad boy there and i think its awesome! hey, for a 46 year old he doesnt look too bad!
For your information, Viggo Mortensen is 44, and he will be 45 on October 20th. He's the hottie, not the prissy elf-boy. Though I have to admit, one of my favorite scenes is when he swings up on to the horse.

Last edited by Estel13 : 09-07-2003 at 04:25 PM.
Estel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 07:59 AM   #26
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

I really enjoy rewatching Theoden's "Where is the horse and the rider?" sequence. It is one of the best build-ups to a battle that I've ever seen on film. It was another classic PJ example of the cinematography, the music, and the images, all coming together to make magic.

I bet every 12 year old kid in the world who watched those scenes of the boys preparing for war was suddenly transported into Helm's Deep himself. Very moving stuff.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:45 AM   #27
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

Some of my faves:

Gimli: It's one of their belts.
Legolas: Ero hyh a b' weneth.
Aragorn: AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!! (Roughly translated: Why is this happening to me?!!?!)

Pippin: The closer we get to danger, the farther we are from harm.

Sam and Gollum's exchange Of Herbs And Stewed Rabbit. This part is right out of the book for me. I love all of Gollum's stuff. Andy Serkis is simply brilliant.

Eowyn practicing her sword-play, and then she whips around and there's Aragorn with his little Lorien dagger. "You are a daughter of Kings. A shieldmaiden of Rohan. I do not think that would be your fate."

My two favorite shots of Legolas are when he's in Theoden's hall and he jerks back his fist in a reflex and knocks the guy out behind him. Doesn't even hafta look; I love that. Then that one slow-motion shot when he's firing his bow at the Wargs, and the horses come up right behind him. Soooo cool!

Gollum: See, see: we've led you out! Very lucky we find you. Nice hobbit.

I also love the look on Grima's face when Eomer drops the helmet on the table: " . . . orcs bearing the White Hand of Saruman." He look is so priceless, and then he melts into this little scowl: "Why do you bring these troubles upon an already troubled man? . . ." I love that bit.

The part when Legolas says "You're late. You look terrible." And then he gives Aragorn back the Evenstar necklace. I love the looks they exchange:
Aragorn: Oh my Gollum! Where did you find this thing?!
Legolas: Hey, I'm an elf. You don't really think I'd let you loose that.
Aragorn: "Hannon Lle."

I also like the part when Elrond asks Arwen "Do I not also have your love?"
And she's like, "You have my love, father."

And of course my sig (excepting the 'Savvy' part, of course) .
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!

Last edited by Rosie Gamgee : 09-13-2003 at 09:51 AM.
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:00 AM   #28
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosie Gamgee
Some of my faves:

Gimli: It's one of their belts.
Legolas: Ero hyh a b' weneth.
Aragorn: AAARRRRRGGGHHHH!!! (Roughly translated: Why is this happening to me?!!?!)

Pippin: The closer we get to danger, the farther we are from harm.

Sam and Gollum's exchange Of Herbs And Stewed Rabbit. This part is right out of the book for me. I love all of Gollum's stuff. Andy Serkis is simply brilliant.

Eowyn practicing her sword-play, and then she whips around and there's Aragorn with his little Lorien dagger. "You are a daughter of Kings. A shieldmaiden of Rohan. I do not think that would be your fate."

My two favorite shots of Legolas are when he's in Theoden's hall and he jerks back his fist in a reflex and knocks the guy out behind him. Doesn't even hafta look; I love that. Then that one slow-motion shot when he's firing his bow at the Wargs, and the horses come up right behind him. Soooo cool!

Gollum: See, see: we've led you out! Very lucky we find you. Nice hobbit.

I also love the look on Grima's face when Eomer drops the helmet on the table: " . . . orcs bearing the White Hand of Saruman." He look is so priceless, and then he melts into this little scowl: "Why do you bring these troubles upon an already troubled man? . . ." I love that bit.

The part when Legolas says "You're late. You look terrible." And then he gives Aragorn back the Evenstar necklace. I love the looks they exchange:
Aragorn: Oh my Gollum! Where did you find this thing?!
Legolas: Hey, I'm an elf. You don't really think I'd let you loose that.
Aragorn: "Hannon Lle."

I also like the part when Elrond asks Arwen "Do I not also have your love?"
And she's like, "You have my love, father."

And of course my sig (excepting the 'Savvy' part, of course) .
Oh god they are some of the worst moments not the best
Old 09-13-2003, 10:11 AM   #29
Rosie Gamgee
The Lovely Hobbit-Lass

I hope you're joking. Why are they the worst?
How can I take this losing hand and somehow win?

Just give me One Good Year To get my feet back on the ground.
I've been chasing grace; Grace ain't so easily found
One bad hand can devil a man, chase him and carry him down.
I've got to get out of here, just give me One Good Year!
Rosie Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 01:08 PM   #30
Sween
im quite stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by Rosie Gamgee
I hope you're joking. Why are they the worst?
well most of them are very bad chesy acting
Old 09-14-2003, 09:08 PM   #31
Laurelindórenan
Hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Black Breathalizer
I bet every 12 year old kid in the world who watched those scenes of the boys preparing for war was suddenly transported into Helm's Deep himself. Very moving stuff.
Those scenes really got to me. It's one thing to read in the book that young boys were fighting in the battle but it's another all together to see that scene where the helmet is being fitted onto the little boy, or the one where the boy is being taken from his sobbing mother.

We all took an evilness test. WiKi was in the 99.7 to 99.8 percentile range. Seven of the rest of us got in the 99.0 to 99.6 range. Our 9th member, Bob, hasn't been able to overcome his love of kittens. He only got a 88.2. We're hoping to get him replaced.

- Ask the Characters, stupidring.com

I'm BB's daughter.
Laurelindórenan is offline   Reply With Quote