Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Lord of the Rings Movies
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-05-2003, 03:47 PM   #21
eowyngirl14
i don't know what i am talking about either, so don't ask

ooooooh! i so want to see the extended films in the theater! my midterms end the 15 so im all set!

'Then I will die as one of them' -Aragorn TTT movie

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety”
- Benjamin Franklin

arms are made for hugging

avatar from the avatar shop! made by Eowyn, Lady of Rohan
eowyngirl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 03:56 PM   #22
azalea
Long lost mooter

I merged your thread into the one that already existed about it. Thanks for the info.

The only prob is that they don't show times. I assume it would be approx:
FotR: 4:30 to 8
TTT: 8:15 to 11:45
RotK: midnight to whenever.

I still refuse to see it at midnight. I must be able to enjoy it when all my faculties are uncompromised (does that even make any sense ). Anyway, it would be fun. I wish they'd do it on a Saturday (Fotr: noon to 3:30, TTT 3:45 to 7:15, RotK 7:30 to whenever.)
azalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 11:58 AM   #23
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
Tom Bombadil i am going

i am already plannning on seeing the premeir and all three of them together to and my mom said i could go so i have nothing to worry about
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 11:41 AM   #24
Valandil
High King at Annuminas Administrator

Strider

I had HOPED for something like this in the theaters - but hadn't noticed this thread before (only visited the site a few times before and just registered today). I actually think they could do it twice every weekend for a couple months and draw good crowds - even if they did it overnight... (when nobody else is out watching movies). Esp with all the college students on break. (any big-time theater moguls following this site...???)

It'd be REALLY great for us hobbit-types if they could set up some kind of buffet line with finger-foods for breaks - instead of 14 hours of popcorn & candy! I'm thinking... some of the things Bilbo pulls from his pantry in "Unexpected Party"
Valandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 12:39 PM   #25
b.banner
Elf Lord

Location: Trying to keep a hold on my temper so I don't turn into a big green guy.
is anybody going?

is anybody who posted something here going to see them besides me?
"We are going to tickle some Aes Sedai under the chin, rescue a mule, and put a snip-nosed girl on the Lion Throne. Oh, yes. That's Aviendha. Don't look at her cross-wise or she'll try to cut your throat and probably slit her own by mistake."-Mat Cauthon from Wheel of Time

"Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry...."-Dr. Bruce Banner
HULK
BATMAN
THE FLASH
b.banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:09 PM   #26
Dúnedain
High King of Númenórë

Quote:
Originally posted by azalea
I still refuse to see it at midnight.
I went to the midnight show for both movies so far so I must keep tradition going!!
'Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta!' - And those were the words that Elendil spoke when he came up out of the Sea on the wings of the wind: 'Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I am come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.'

'Then Tuor arrayed himself in the hauberk, and set the helm upon his head, and he girt himself with the sword; black were sheath and belt with clasps of silver. Thus armed he went forth from Turgon's hall, and stood upon the high terraces of Taras in the red light of the sun. None were there to see him, as he gazed westward, gleaming in silver and gold, and he knew not that in that hour he appeared as one of the Mighty of the West, and fit to be father of the kings of the Kings of Men beyond the Sea, as it was indeed his doom to be; but in the taking of those arms a change came upon Tuor son of Huor, and his heart grew great within him. And as he stepped down from the doors the swans did him reverence, and plucking each a great feather from their wings they proffered them to him, laying their long necks upon the stone before his feet; and he took the seven feathers and set them in the crest of his helm, and straightway the swans arose and flew north in the sunset, and Tuor saw them no more.' -Of Tuor and his Coming to Gondolin

"Oh. Forgive me, fairest of all males of Entmoot...Back down, all ye other wannabe fairest males! Dunedain is the fairest!"
--Linaewen
Dúnedain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:33 AM   #27
Snowdog
Dúnedain Ranger of the North

Strider Tickets for Triolgy Tuesday

Well, yesterdays exercise in trying to get tickets online for the Seattle Cinerama was a fiasco. After the website crashed, they started selling them at the box-office a day early. Many a person was mad about that. I did get some tickets for the trilogy in Spokane. A change of plan yeah but I'm seeing them back to back!
Old 10-10-2003, 02:56 PM   #28
IronParrot
Fowl Administrator

Apparently, these are selling out like crazy.

And it's really frustrating, because Famous Players (the big Canadian chain) hasn't announced their Trilogy Tuesday locations yet!
All of IronParrot's posts are guaranteed to be 100% intelligent and/or sarcastic, comprising no genetically modified content and tested on no cute furry little animals unless the SPCA is looking elsewhere. If you observe a failure to uphold this warranty, please contact a forum administrator immediately to receive a full refund on your Entmoot registration.

Blog: Nick's Café Canadien
IronParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 03:01 PM   #29
Spock
An enigma in a conundrum

I.P. a debt of gratitude for this information. Wouldn't you know that all the places I've lived in have theatres doing this except the place I live in now.
Old 10-10-2003, 03:15 PM   #30
Elfhelm
Marshal of the Eastmark

Here in Portland they were sold out yesterday. I'll have to do it myself with DVDs beforehand.
Old 10-13-2003, 06:47 AM   #31
anduin
Entwife

I got mine ok, there were only about 20 people in line when the tickets went on sale in Louisville, KY. I couldn't believe that there weren't more people. It was kinda crazy that the day before tickets went on sale they (the theatre) didn't have any details about what time the tickets were going on sale, how much they were, or even if they were actually going to have any tickets to sell. "All we know is our theatre is listed on some website." Scary.

For those of you who have tickets, what is the schedule for your theatre? Louisville starts at 1:15 pm and goes until 1:25am. There are 1/2 hour breaks in between and ROTK starts at 10:00pm!!
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

anduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 09:23 AM   #32
Lizra
Domesticated Swing Babe

Sold out in Indpls. several days ago! Since I live at least an hour and a half away from the theater, I didn't bother. My dvds at home seem to have a clearer picture than what I saw at the theater, but it would still be fun to see people dressed up. There's a buzz about costumes on the local music forum I hang out on. Don't you really want them to start with RoTK...then the other two? Heh! I'm a cheater!
Old 10-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #33
bropous
EIDRIORCQWSDAKLMED
DCWWTIWOATTOPWFIO

Well, sold out in Colorado Springs as well for the three-film marathon.

I think I'm with azelea and a few others on this one...I'll get more out of the film seeing it during the day, and I took that Thursday and Friday off so I can hit the cheap matinees. I'll see the first two in the weeks they are released, then the big days of RoTK.

Man, this is a bittersweet countdown.

Of course I can't wait to see it, but then again, I COULD wait to see it. It will be the finality to two years plus of waiting, an end to a delayed gratification which will end with the final credits of the first viewing of RotK. The end, we all know, will be sad and hard, seeing that ship head off for Valinor, watching Sam and Merry and Pip turning silently homeward.

It might be such a sad thing to see it may take a while to want to relive it.

Pray to the heavens above or the dimension next door that the Scouring will miraculously appear in the film....
"...[The Lord of the Rings] is to exemplify most clearly a recurrent theme: the place in 'world politics' of the unforeseen and unforeseeable acts of will, and deeds of virtue of the apparently small, ungreat, fogotten in the places of the Wise and Great (good as well as evil). A moral of the whole (after the primary symbolism of the Ring, as the will to mere power, seeking to make itself objective by physical force and mechanism, and so also inevitably by lies) is the obvious one that without the high and noble the simple and vulgar is utterly mean; and without the simple and ordinary the noble and heroic is meaningless." Letters of JRR Tolkien, page 160.
bropous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 08:58 AM   #34
Black Breathalizer
Elf Lord

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is about seeing all three at the theatres back to back to back. Like bropous, I'll see the first two again at the theatres in December and then focus on ROTK at the opening.
Black Breathalizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 07:25 PM   #35
Autumn
Sapling

Go the lord of the rings website, if you order your tickets now you have a chance to get a free limited edition poster.

anyone interested?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 06:03 PM   #36
galadriel
Elven Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizra
My dvds at home seem to have a clearer picture than what I saw at the theater, but it would still be fun to see people dressed up. There's a buzz about costumes on the local music forum I hang out on.
Eh, I'm going to see the matinee, and I'm going to dress up anyway. It's fun to get strange looks.

dreamflower
- for all things Lady Galadriel
galadriel is offline   Reply With Quote