Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-16-2003, 12:30 PM   #21
Ruinel
Banned

Ah... see... then I would not have remembered that. If I want to see breasts, I need only look in the mirror. It's not a big deal to me.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 12:45 PM   #22
Gwaimir Windgem
Dread Mothy Lord and Halfwitted Apprentice Loremaster

Put some clothes on, girl!

'With a melon?'
- Eric Idle
Gwaimir Windgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 01:43 PM   #23
Ararax
Elven Warrior

not gonna say it
Old 06-16-2003, 02:21 PM   #24
Ruinel
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwaimir Windgem
Put some clothes on, girl!
Why do you always think of me naked? SHEESH! This is not a good obsession, Gwai. Please, find another hobby.
Ruinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 08:00 PM   #25
Agalayth
Elven Warrior

We should probably get off the topic of nudity and breasts . . . . and get back to discussion about Braveheart.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:23 AM   #26
Anglorfin
Alasailon

Eh, I could live with talking about breasts. But anway on to the topic.

My little brother watched Gladiator today which reminded me how much better Braveheart is. And how much more historically accurate.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Anglorfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 07:39 AM   #27
Millane
The Dude

my god how did this thread escape my eyes First to sheeana i scream HERECY!!!
Quote:
Schmaltzy, boring, full of hot air, hollywoodized, propaganda, you name it.
now i say if you couldnt see the amazing story behind it, didnt the violence just grab you This movie is part of my list sitting at second place Braveheart, Gladiator, Gangs and Last of the Mohicans.
i might like to add that the person who plays Hamish (the big hairy orange bearded scotsman) is also the same actor who played the hairdresser with the club in GoNY (another great).
i wish you got to see Sophie Marcaeu's breasts, shes so hot.
Quote:
but some of the character acting was a bit, well, naff
you serious someone mentioned the king and his acting was incredible ("the problem with scotland is that its full of scots" hehehehee ), and the Irish bloke Stephen (whom ive quoted in my sig) aswell as Hamish, Hamish's dad and Wallace were just as good. hmmm Rob Roy has got Liam Neeson going for it (another GoNY character Priest Vallon).
Quote:
Did The Bruce really carry on fighting against England after W.W. was dead?
apparently he was a real **** of a bloke but they potrayed him way better in the movie, just a scheming rat.
Quote:
My little brother watched Gladiator today which reminded me how much better Braveheart is. And how much more historically accurate.
hmmm i dunno apparently Wallace was pretty brutal they just didnt show it (i would pay dearly for them to have shot a scene with him skinning that english Lord he decapitated )
i was disappointed with Hamish's axe which was painted wood all the way through but there head shots with the hammers made up for it. Many of the actors were from the wallace clan, descendants of him.
thatll do for tonight
Old 06-17-2003, 04:47 PM   #28
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Let's put in this way: at least Gladiator isn't claiming to be historically accurate. Braveheart is. And it's about as historically accurate as the cow that flew over the moon. (Okay, moderate exageration there.) Millain, you can kiss my arse for all I care; the movie still sucks.
Sheeana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 09:25 PM   #29
Ararax
Elven Warrior

yea theres like 500 things wrong historically with brave heart. mostly beig the wife of edward the second was like 8 when william wallace died
Old 06-17-2003, 10:56 PM   #30
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

You know, Millane looks like Millicent. I think I'll call you Millicent, Milly.
Old 06-18-2003, 04:05 AM   #31
Anglorfin
Alasailon

What I meant by historically accurate was that it generally defines point in history. The battles were all historically accurate. It wasn't like in Gladiator where the whole movie was based on events that actually never took place like they did.

"Anglorfin was tall and straight; his hair was of shining gold, his face fair and young and fearless and full of anger; his eyes were bright and keen, and his voice like music; on his brow sat wisdom, and in his hand was great skill."
Old 06-18-2003, 05:02 AM   #32
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

See above point RE: gladiator not claiming to be historically accurate.
Old 06-18-2003, 06:16 AM   #33
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Millain, you can kiss my arse for all I care; the movie still sucks.
ohhh my god see some sense woman!!!! you dont like the Morpheus speach in Zion, you didnt like Gangs (if my memory is correct) and now no Bravheart, what do you like
Quote:
yea theres like 500 things wrong historically with brave heart. mostly beig the wife of edward the second was like 8 when william wallace died
well sorry i think i would prefer to watch Sophie Marceau instead of some 8 year old
Quote:
You know, Millane looks like Millicent. I think I'll call you Millicent, Milly.
How dare you insult Millane with such a hideous name, you wouldnt if you were an Aussie
Quote:
See above point RE: gladiator not claiming to be historically accurate.
So you dont like Braveheart because it claims to be historically accurate??? how does that make it a bad movie
anyway i dont think anyone has mentioned it but Braveheart has a great soundtrack aswell take that Sheeana HA!
Old 06-18-2003, 01:02 PM   #34
Anglorfin
Alasailon

I love the Scottish music.

Old 06-18-2003, 01:15 PM   #35
Bombadillo
"The Bomb"

Dah! Don't like it!?

That rocked! And of course it isn't all historically accurate, but they even explained why in the very beginning: ...but history is written by the men who hang heroes...
It was an awesome story and show and multiple levels.

Hamish and his dad, was anyone else reminded of Gimli and Gloin? Exept for the parts when the father's getting his ass kicked.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:10 PM   #36
Sheeana
Lord of the Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
ohhh my god see some sense woman!!!! you dont like the Morpheus speach in Zion, you didnt like Gangs (if my memory is correct) and now no Bravheart, what do you like
Morpheus' speech was so badly acted, I was tempted to start calling him Cpt. Kirk. I liked Gangs, I just didn't think it was Scorsese's best movie, and Braveheart is dumb, overacted, and tedious. Now what was I saying? Oh yes... Shuddap, Millicent.
Old 06-19-2003, 06:09 AM   #37
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
Hamish and his dad, was anyone else reminded of Gimli and Gloin? Exept for the parts when the father's getting his ass kicked.
I BEG YOURS WHEN DOES HIS FATHER GET HIS ARSE KICKED!!!!!! he gets his hand chopped off then kills the bastard.... Hamish's old man is a way bigger battle-pig than Gloin. the way hamish kills the English makes me hyperactive and violent, just one reason why i love him
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheeana
Morpheus' speech was so badly acted, I was tempted to start calling him Cpt. Kirk. I liked Gangs, I just didn't think it was Scorsese's best movie, and Braveheart is dumb, overacted, and tedious. Now what was I saying? Oh yes... Shuddap, Millicent.
not as dumb as that ****ing name You have got to expand your mind to the qualities Violence offers, if you fell that way about Morpheus' speech just visualise him with the Katana or his end speech, the violence in GoNY was better than Taxidriver (actually now i think about Travis shooting them damn pimps ) and yet again look past the "bad acting" and "dumbness" of the movie and delight in the joy of battles & blood
Old 06-19-2003, 01:36 PM   #38
Insidious Rex
Quasi Evil

Braveheart was a fantastic movie. Sheena yer just being a crabby jaded contrary pertinacious snob as usual. The battle scenes alone were quite unprecidented and tremendously filmed. And the characters were great. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

calls for a quote...

Stephen: Him? That can't be William Wallace...I am prettier than this man. Allright, father! I'll ask him! If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?
Hamaish: Is your father a ghost, or are you conversing with the almighty?
Stephen: In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. Yes, Father! The Almighty says, 'Don't change the subject! Just answer the f*ckin' question!'
Hamish: Mind your tongue!
Hamish's Father: Searin' Irish!
Stephen: Smart enough to get a dagger past your guards, old man.
Wallace: That's me friend, Irishmen. And the answer to your question is yes. If you fight for me, ya get to kill the English.
Stephen: Excellent! Stephen is my name! I'm the most wanted man on my island. Except I'm not ON my island, of course. ...
Hamish: Island? You mean Ireland?
Stephen: Yeah, it's MINE.
Hamish: Yer a madman.
Stephen: (Laughs) "I've come to the right place then."

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
Insidious Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 09:07 AM   #39
Linaewen
Fair Dinkum

I love Braveheart. Brilliant movie! Yes, it was pretty gory at times, but it was nonetheless still great.

Quote:
Originally posted by Millane
How dare you insult Millane with such a hideous name, you wouldnt if you were an Aussie
*Is horribly torn- to be a True Blue Aussie, or be mean*
Nar, I'll be mean.

That's not true, Millicent!(And I wouldn't say it's a horrible name- there may be some 'Mooters with that name)

I was wondering when you were going to post in this thread, Millicent- none of your posts on the first page about Sophie.
Linaewen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 10:14 AM   #40
Millane
The Dude

Quote:
*Is horribly torn- to be a True Blue Aussie, or be mean*
i expected better of you Lin, a collingwood supporter defaming the name of one of our clubs greats dissapointed
Quote:
That's not true, Millicent!(And I wouldn't say it's a horrible name- there may be some 'Mooters with that name)
well if there are any mooters with that name they deserve to be humiliated.
Quote:
I was wondering when you were going to post in this thread, Millicent- none of your posts on the first page about Sophie.
yeah well i dont know why i missed it but ive seen no one else has mentioned her, your with me arent you, you know shes hot.